Past Memories

By ThatTeenageMess

"Don't speak of Bradley Isaac the Great." I pulled a disgusted face, "You named it ?" "The initials spell B.I... More

Past Memories//Prologue
One • Square in the Jaw✔️
Bag Full of Pink Substances
Going for the Kill
Smiling Sweetly
Together, How Sweet
Bradley Isaac the Great
Well, Well, Well
Thinking Too Much About Mason
He Was Going to be the Victim
Well That Was Smart
Do I Make You Nervous?
That's a Keeper
Past the Goal Line
She's Human
My Luna Will Not Fight
Wave of Pain
That's Rich Coming From an Alpha
Three Days
Is that Jealousy I Hear?
Both in Denial
I Know Exactly What You Mean
Wolf Control
I'll Kiss You
Spirits of the Past
That isn't an Excuse
I Don't Belong to Anyone
Don't Let a Tomboy Drive
Where's Mason?
Reject Me
Don't Stop Him
Becoming Such a Girl
A Gamma to Deal With
A Harder Target to Train With
Already Found a Weakness
Don't Want to Fight Her
You Hate Hybrids
Used To And Still Does
We Don't Get That
Couldn't Take it Anymore
Disappearing
Excidium Control
Latin for the Word...
Watch Him Burn
Would Kill Her
Fists Against the Glass
Limited Time
Only Chance We've Got
Ready to Fight
Hushabye Mountain

Knuckles Turning White

1.6K 66 0
By ThatTeenageMess

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Five

Rae's POV

I swear I just choked on my water. Coughing, I gasped, "What!"

"Yes, Rae can stay with us, Leo too." Emerald continued, smiling at my parents.

"I don't know, Rae can be a handful" Dad sighed.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, just look at Mason. Plus, I would love her to train some of the newbie's as well." Franklin added.

"I'm right here you know!" I snapped.

"Rae! Don't be so rude!" Mum growled.

"No, I'm not staying with that jerk!" I yelled, pointing accusingly at Mason. Snarling, Mason stood up, towering my angry form.

"What's wrong with me?" he asked.

"I don't know, maybe the fact you don't leave me the fuck alone and hang around with every slut in the school!"

"Language" Ashling hisses.

"English" I growl, not taking any eye contact away from Mason.

Ashling sighed, resting her hands on her forehead.

"Mum, I'm old enough to be home alone, plus Leo will be there with me!" I snapped at my mother.

"Yes, but Rose, rouges could attack, or you could be-"

"I won't be anything. I am a trained fighter ever since..." I cut off, dragging a hand through my hair. "You know what, fine, fine! Whatever. Do what you want, I don't care anymore." I storm out the office.

"Rae!" I hear my Dad behind me and soon his touch stopped me. "What's going on Rae?"

Sighing, I look away, tears forming in my eyes, "I'm getting the nightmares again" I look up to him.

"Oh Rae" Dad sighs, pulling me into a tight hug. I whimper slightly, a few tears falling. "Look, if you go to the Alpha's house, only for seven weeks, it'll make your mother and I feel better knowing that you're more safe. That way you'll have Frank and Emerald there for you if the nightmares come while you stay."

Sighing, I shook my head, "There's no getting out of this is there?"

"Afraid not, sweetie" My Dad laughed, ruffling my hair. "And if you don't like it, I'll give you a home key before we leave, that way, you can return home whenever, okay?"

"Okay" I sigh.

Mason's POV

Rae storms out the room, anger and sadness written on her face. Was I really that bad to be around? Shaking, I hear Rae's voice outside.

"I'm getting the nightmares again." It sounds although she's crying and it takes everything in my will power not to go out and hug her.

"What nightmares is she having?" I direct my question to her Mum, Natilia.

Natilia visibly tenses before looking at me, shaking her head, "I can't tell you, Mason."

"Why? I want to know!"

"I can't. It's Rae who needs to tell you." Her Mum sighs.

"Can you at least tell me something about it?" I ask hopefully. They know. Rae's parents, my parents. They knew since the day I met her, when we were three. Since the day I saved her from that Alpha. Since the days I saved her over and over; the reasons I save her all the time. Whenever she calls, I'm there; or, used to be.

"It's something to do with her past. You were there. It hurt us all but it hit her the hardest." Natilia replies before the office door opens with Rae and her Dad, Keaton, standing there.

"Rae has decided that she will happily stay with you Alpha's." Keaton announces. Rae huffs slightly.

"Cool! I'll ask a maid to get your bedroom ready." My mother says to Rae before smirking to me. My eyes widen.

'NO!' I yell at her through the mindlink.

'Yes, Mason.'

'No. No. No. No!'

'Too bad, already arranged!'

Stupid Mum. I knew she was doing this on purpose but as soon as it gets to Rae's birthday, I'm rejected. Sighing, we turned back to the Head, watching as she studies us carefully.

"I think a detention or two is going to be put in place for you two." She finalises.

"What!" Rae groans, slumping down in the chair.

"Yep. And today's can consist of helping the canteen staff get the food off the walls and floors." Now it was my turn to groan. Rae raised an eyebrow at me, a smirk forming on her face.

"Sure thing Mrs Ashling" before standing up and walking out. Looking at the clock, I saw it was home time. Great, detention again.

"Bye Mason, see you back at home" My mother spoke, I left, finding the hall. When I arrived, I looked to find Rae grabbing a load of buckets of soapy water. Grinning at me, she pulled off her shoes and socks, wrapping some cloths around her feet.

"What are you doing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow curiously.

"Ashling wants us to clean? I'll do it in my own way." Rae answered before throwing out the bucket of water. And before I knew it, Rae was skating along the water, cleaning up the mess. "Well douche, you just going to stand there or help?"

Smirking, I did the same with my feet before trying to balance. Unfortunately, I landed on my ass. Rae laughed so hard she fell over herself, making us both roar with laughter. I stood back up before swooshing another bucket of water on the ground, and skating better than last time.

"Getting better Alpha" Rae smirked, jumping and landing again.

"Show off" I muttered.

"That's not showing off" I heard Rae's voice echo. Looking around, I couldn't find her.

"Rae?"

I saw someone in the hallway, and none other than Rae.

"You're not helping!" I snap.

"Oh but I am Alpha." Rae laughs before her figure appears on her Penny Board. One foot glides along the ground, wiping up the food while the other is keeping her steady on the board. "I do this too often" Rae laughed, grabbing a mop from the side line.

She swiftly moved around on her board, cleaning away the mess we made at lunch, and trust me, there was a lot of it. Ace was going crazy, saying such inappropriate things that I shall never tell anyone. I was so focused on my thoughts I didn't realise Rae was in front of me until she lifted my mouth shut.

"Take a picture, Alpha, it'll last longer." She grinned, chuckling. I grabbed the mop and pulled Rae over to the wall. Lifting her up onto my shoulders, I gave her the mop, allowing her to reach the heavy stains on the wall.

"Well," I heard someone clear their throat, "I was not excepting this!"

My body spun around- but a little too quickly. Rae fell from my shoulders and landed with a thud on the floor.

"Ow!" she growled, pouncing on my back in a playful way, knocking me over. I couldn't contain my laughter, and neither could Lacey, Josh and Alexis. Rae frowned before straddling me and pouring the contents of a bucket on me.

"SHIT! That's cold!" I snarl, leaping up, making Rae fall again. This time it was Rae who couldn't control her laughter.

I chuckled slightly before planting a dripping sponge on her head. "HEY!" she yelled but continued laughing.

I don't think these seven weeks are going to be too bad.

Laughter filled the area as Rae looked to see our friends that had been standing there for a while.

"I-It's uh, nothing!" she protests slightly. "Detention?"

I chuckle, which earned a shove. I saw the two bracelets on Rae's wrist as she twirled it around- I have to ask her about that one day.

Rae's POV

"Rose, come on, we're taking you to the Alpha's house now!" Mum yelled up the stairs.

"Ugh" I groan, flopping on my bed. After the cleaning detention, my parents took me straight home and got me packing my bags. There was only one more week left off school, and that was only four days, I can't wait until summer break!

"RAE!"

"I'm coming!" I growled, dragging my two suitcases out my room and down the stairs.

"Finally!" Leo praised.

"Just because you want to go, doesn't mean I do!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Mason's not that bad, Rae" Leo said.

"He's still a dick" I mumbled.

"Language Rae!" my Dad smirked.

"English, Dad!" I laughed, before turning serious, "You promised." I held out my hand.

My Dad sighed, handing me a house key, "But please, stay at the Alpha's house as long as you can? Your mother would kill me if she knew about this."

"Wait" Leo interrupted, "Why does she get the house-"

"Shut the hell up or I swear you won't be able to make babies!" I growled warningly.

Leo raised his hands in mock surrender before saluting, "Yes, Sir!"

Rolling my eyes, I heard my Dad chuckle, "Rae is definitely more me personality" Leo gasped dramatically.

"I am your son, Dad, I look like you more!"

"Hmm, nope. Rae has my blonde hair, you have your mothers brown hair." My Dad answered. Leo muttered some words under his breath.

"Right guys!" Mum interrupted, making me quickly stuff the keys in my pocket, "Let's go!"

-----------------------------------------------------

"We're here!" After the twenty minute journey, I still felt bored, tried, irritated and confused. My mind was telling me to go home as soon as possible, but my heart was telling me to stay, and that something was going to change while I was here.

Looking out the window, I stared at the two story wooden building. The ground floor was the smallest of the floors, but still big enough that it had an indoor pool! Walking up to the front door, I saw a huge outdoor pool, complete with slides, swimming basket ball, a Jacuzzi and mini bar. The door was surrounded with a glass frame, that you couldn't see through, only out of. Emerald opened the door with a happy smile. Her thick, curly brown hair reached her shoulders, and her green eyes sparkled.

"Glad you could all come!"

"OH, we are so happy to be here!" I said sarcastically.

"Good, now we can have tea"

"Actually, Keaton and I have to be going, you know. Long flight?" my Mum laughed nervously.

"So soon?"

"YEAH, SO SOON?" I snapped, clearly not wanting them to leave.

"Yes, I'm afraid Natilia and I must be going."

"Come and give your mum a hug so we can leave" Mum stretched her arms out. Leo willingly trailed into them but I stayed put. It's like they were dropping me off at boot camp or something. Frowning, I turned away, looking back at Emerald. I heard the car roar before it zoomed down the road.

"Come on guys. I'll lead you to your rooms so you can get settled." Emerald smiled, leading the way.

Inside was even more amazing. Up the flight of stairs we came to a well laid out open kitchen diner to one side and to the other was a spaced out lounge with a huge white sofa with black pillows and blankets. Xbox and Wii U controllers and consol's where hanging out of every plug socket along with a few games like GTA 5, Call of Duty, Mario Kart and Assassins Creed. Mason was laid spread out of the sofa, his eyes shut and soft snores leaving him. Grinning, I whispered in Emerald's ear. Smiling widely, she quickly ran towards one of the drawers to the left and handed me the horn. Placing down my suitcase, I stalked over to a sleeping Mason.

'Not for long' Raven smirked evilly. Once I was close enough, my hand reached forward, before pressing the button. The noise echoed around the quiet lounge, along with a thud as Mason sat up straight and fell onto the floor. His breathing was heavy and eyes wide as he stared at the three of us who were laughing our ass's off.

Growling, he gripped my waist, pulling me down to his and tickling my sides. "N-No! Not again!" I shout, laughing as his fingers attacked my stomach.

"Will you do anything?" Mason chuckles.

"N-No!" I laughed, trying to pry his fingers from me.

"Mason, leave the poor girl alone!" Emerald chuckled, pulling me away slightly.

"She blew a horn in my ear!" he protested.

"I let her!" his mother laughed.

"And it was funny as hell!" Leo added, receiving a growl in response.

"Whatever" Mason mumbled, getting back on the couch.

"Mason, grab Rae's suitcase for me and help her please."

"But-"

"Nope!" Mason's Mum had finality in her voice. Still the voice of a Luna.

"Fine" Mason huffed, grabbing my suitcase while I grabbed the other.

"You don't have to, you know, I can do it myself." I muttered.

"I'll get in shit if I don't" Mason whispered back.

We went up another flight of stairs to see six rooms."Leo, yours will be here, you have a personal bathroom and closet" Emerald spoke, pointing to a room.

"And Rae, your room is next to Mason's you too have a personal bathroom and closet." Great, next to Mason, what I've always wanted. Jees, why couldn't it be Lacey's family here, Kayla would've loved this room. Actually she probably wouldn't even leave Mason's room to that matter.

"Thank you, Mrs Ford" we say together which isn't weird at all.

"Nonsense, call me Emerald." She smiles before leaving us.

I trudge into my seven week room and gasp. The walls where painted a medium shade of grey, like my wolf colour that looked as if it sunk into the plush grey carpet that comforted my feet. There was a Queen sized bed pushed up against the wall with a black painted back drop behind. There was a black silk covering over the bed with white cotton cushions. Against the right side of the room was a large white dresser that looked pretty expensive, with a mirror and Apple Notebook and to the left was two oak doors, probably the bathroom and closet and against the furthest wall directly in front of my bed was a 49" Toshiba TV. There was a huge window seat, looking out into the forest. Good place for the sunset.

"So, do you like this room?"

"Uh huh" I nodded before shaking my head, "I mean, yes, thank you, Alpha" I bow slightly, showing my thanks.

"Cool, I'm next door so, you know, if you need anything..." he coughs before walking towards the door, "Oh and by the way," he stops and turns to me, "You can call me Mason."

"But you're Alpha?" I say, though it came out like a question.

"You're Top Warrior...Plus your brother is my Beta and best friend... So..." Mason shrugs before leaving. I unpack my smaller Nike rucksack that contained my blue iPod Nano and red Beats speaker and black Beats headphones. Sighing, I dive on the bed. This bedding though...I sighed again in content.

'Get used to it' Raven laughs.

---------------------------------------------

It was soon dinner time, and we were all sitting at the dinner table. Emerald and Franklin sat at the end, Leo, Ellis and Yhana sat on the left and I was insisted to sit next to Mason on the right. Great.

"So, Rae" Franklin spoke, "Are you okay with training the newbie's after school sometime?"

"I, uh, sure, I mean. I don't mind, if you're sure. I haven't actually taught anyone before though." I sighed

"Don't worry, Mason will be there with you anyway."

Mason coughed on his food, "I will?"

"Yes" Emerald glares, "You will"

I tug at the collar of my shirt, before continuing with my meal. This chicken is delicious by the way! Never tasted anything better.

"Mason, have you thought about joining allies with the Red Rangers Pack?"

"Frank" Emerald whispers warningly.

"No Dad" Mason muttered.

"Mason, they are the second largest pack, we could use them as allies."

"No Dad-" Mason was clearly getting irritated. His fingers clenched around his cutlery, his knuckles turning white.

"You should consider it" Franklin's voice changes to anger slightly.

"Franklin, stop-"

"No, he should be adding allies and-"

"Why don't you keep your nose out!" Mason snapped, "This is my pack now, not yours, I'll run it how I want to!"

Slamming his fork down, Mason sprints upstairs in wolf speed.

"Are you serious? Mason hasn't been able to have dinner with us like this for a long time, and you go ahead and ruin it!" Emerald snaps at Franklin. We hear a howl and we know Mason has shifted out of anger.

"Oh, no" Ellis sighed.

"I'll go talk to him if you want?" I volunteered.

"Okay, be careful Rae." Emerald forced a smile.

Nodding, I went outside and shifted, sniffing the air to locate Mason's scent. Once I catch it, Raven rushes me forwards, in attempt to keep Mason calmer. I don't know why, but it felt like my job to keep him calm and his wolf at bay, like it was in my blood to do so.

After running for a bit, I was left standing by a lake. The moon glistened down on it, making the water look like millions of crystals. I hear a shuffle and look to see Mason's huge black wolf sat by the edge, looking into the water. Slowly padding over to him, I brush my fur against his, letting him know I was here. I felt small electric shocks run through me, but ignored them.

'Hey' I whisper through the link nervously, afraid if he doesn't want me here or snaps.

'Hey' he sighs back.

Lying down next to him, I look over the lake, watching the water simmer at a slight breeze. It seems so peaceful here, so quiet and calming. Looking up, I saw Mason looking at me intently, his eyes filled with so much that I couldn't read him. Mason's wolf laid beside me, resting his head on my neck. This was actually really comfy. I didn't want to move in case he snaps so I stayed still, enjoying the feeling of safety that surrounded me.

'Mason?' I asked cautiously, 'What happened back there? With your Dad and all?'

I heard him sigh through the link before he spoke. 'My Dad wants me to become allies with them, but they aren't a good pack. Last time I went to visit, they were abusing pack members. I brought them back here and now their happy. Some even found their mates here. Even though I reported Red Rangers to the council, they still have yet to speak to them.'

I never put Mason in the caring zone. It would be more ruthless, reckless, the one everyone fears. But this side of Mason is nice. I like it. Resting my head down, I closed my eyes, listening to the sound of small waves and birds until I clock out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 10.1K 32
Pain was all she knew. And if happiness was what she was seeking, she has to uncover her hidden past and her dark secrets to achieve her goal. Will s...
629K 16.6K 43
Bailey Scotts just wanted to find love again. When tragedy strikes her family, they move to a small town to live with her grandparents. While there...
592K 22.8K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...
2.5K 334 8
Could you re-live a gut wrenching heartbreak? Would you give love a second chance? Should you give into the voice in your head that's screeching, "Ma...