Past Memories

By ThatTeenageMess

"Don't speak of Bradley Isaac the Great." I pulled a disgusted face, "You named it ?" "The initials spell B.I... More

Past Memories//Prologue
One โ€ข Square in the Jawโœ”๏ธ
Bag Full of Pink Substances
Smiling Sweetly
Knuckles Turning White
Together, How Sweet
Bradley Isaac the Great
Well, Well, Well
Thinking Too Much About Mason
He Was Going to be the Victim
Well That Was Smart
Do I Make You Nervous?
That's a Keeper
Past the Goal Line
She's Human
My Luna Will Not Fight
Wave of Pain
That's Rich Coming From an Alpha
Three Days
Is that Jealousy I Hear?
Both in Denial
I Know Exactly What You Mean
Wolf Control
I'll Kiss You
Spirits of the Past
That isn't an Excuse
I Don't Belong to Anyone
Don't Let a Tomboy Drive
Where's Mason?
Reject Me
Don't Stop Him
Becoming Such a Girl
A Gamma to Deal With
A Harder Target to Train With
Already Found a Weakness
Don't Want to Fight Her
You Hate Hybrids
Used To And Still Does
We Don't Get That
Couldn't Take it Anymore
Disappearing
Excidium Control
Latin for the Word...
Watch Him Burn
Would Kill Her
Fists Against the Glass
Limited Time
Only Chance We've Got
Ready to Fight
Hushabye Mountain

Going for the Kill

1.7K 66 3
By ThatTeenageMess

Past Memories

Chapter Three

Rae's POV

'I walked through the woods, calling out the name of my younger sister. "Lucy! Luc!"

"Don't worry, Rae, we'll find her" Leo spoke, putting a hand on my shoulder. It was a dark and frosty night, the cool air brushing against my flesh. A scream suddenly pierced the air, startling the birds. I know that voice. "RAE!"

"LUCY!" I yelled, Raven taking control and sniffing her out.

We found her in the arms of an older man, with the scent of an Alpha. "Let. Her. Go" I growled, freezing as he pointed a knife towards her neck.

"Hmm, no. Your Alpha took something from me. I'm just returning the favour." An evil grin was plastered on his face. My arms were suddenly grabbed and pinned behind me by another member of this Alpha pack. Me being smaller then, I didn't have the strength I do now.

"Let me go!" I snapped, struggling to get to my sister.

"No. You're going to watch this child die. It will be all your fault." The Alpha growled, pulling the knife back. I struggled against the hold, my head being pinned to watch. Taking a deep breath, I howled loudly, loud enough for the pack to hear.

A sudden scream and decreasing heartbeat met my ears, as I looked back to the Alpha, holding a dead sister in his arms.

"LUCY!"

I woke up screaming, heart racing, my hands clenched to the mattress below. I let out short ragged breaths that echoed around my room.

"It was just a dream... ssh" I looked up through teary eyes to see Leo. I grabbed his shirt as he pulled me closer into a comforting hug.

"I d-didn't d-do enough" I sobbed, knowing Leo knew what I was talking about.

"There was nothing you could do, Rae" he mumbled, hugging me tighter.

"It was all my fault!"

"It wasn't your fault Rae. But please," Leo gripped my wrist, turning it over to reveal my slashes, "Stop doing this to yourself." Even though I was a werewolf, with the ability to heal quicker, I kept reopening to cuts, not allowing them to heal. Everything told me I deserved it. I deserved it all.

"I deserve it" I whisper hoarsely.

"No you don't" Leo growled, "Please just stop." He pulled me into another tight hug. I looked at my bracelets on my wrist, one reminding me so much of my little sister. The two brown fabric bracelets hung off my left wrist, one with a wolf charm another with a star.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I walked through school, my mind still running on that dream. It was all my fault. Leo, Lucy and I were walking through the woods and my younger sister and I had a fight. She ran off, but I can never remember what it was about. And that's when that Alpha came. She was seven, seven!

Sighing, I walked into the changing rooms; Physical Education- my favourite. Hope we're playing football or dodge ball today, get some more payback before my birthday comes and I go with my mate. Stupid mate rules. You have to go live with the male partner until you die.

Our teacher was Mr Hama. He was one of your usual thirty-ish year olds with the personality of the teens, always wanting us to get involved and have fun. He was also coach of the football team.

Stepping into the Sports Hall, the teacher spoke, "Right class," Mr Hama said, "Today we are going to be playing some dodge ball. Mason, Rae, your captains." I grinned. Mr Hama has no idea about werewolves, or how competitive Mason and I get when we are against each other. "Okay, choose your teams, ladies first"

Mason huffed as I chose my brother first, he hates that. "Kayla" Mason said.

"Lacey"

"Jace"

"Josh"

We went through until the whole class was split. "START!" Mr Hama yelled. I sprinted towards the dodge balls, already slamming one into Kayla's stomach- not on purpose, it's the game. I love it because you can get away with so much. Kayla screamed, annoying. Most people covered their ears, but for werewolves, it was something you heard almost every day in the pack house. Such a wimp.

"Sir! Rae did it on purpose!" she accused.

"Kayla, it's the game. Carry on." Another reason why I like this class. The teacher lets us get away with a lot.

The game lasted about half an hour before it was only Mason and I left on court. I grinned, grabbing a ball from the floor. Mason had two in his arms.

'So? Wanna play it like that then, Alpha?' Raven smirked.

Mason lobbed the first ball. I ducked under, my hair in the ponytail going forward and before I knew, I had jumped over the second. I threw my ball towards him, watching as he sidestepped. All the balls were off court except one. I squinted my eyes at the last dodge ball that was sitting patiently on the cone. Mason spotted it and we were both running for it. Sprinting faster, Mason reached out to grab it until I skidded towards it, slamming it on his arm.

"YES!" Leo shouted, running up to hug me. "WE WIN!"

The whole team cheered while I smirked at Mason, who had a small smile painted on his face. Weirdo Alpha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't want to go to Science, I hate it" I complained to Lacey.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later then" she smirked, knowing where I was going. I ran over the other side of school before climbing up the ladder to the top of the school roof. This is the only place without cameras and the only place you can't get caught missing lessons.

I slid down a wall, the dream still on my mind. I didn't protect her enough, I let her run off, made her run off. It's all my fault.

'It wasn't Rae.' Raven spoke.

'It was!' I snapped, 'If we didn't argue, she would've still been here!'

'Even if you didn't argue, that Alpha was still near us.' She pointed.

'Yeah, but I could've at least kept her safer.'

'No you couldn't. That wolf had you pinned, you were only twelve' my wolf sighed.

"Wow" I flinched as I heard his voice, "Who knew the tomboy would be up here to skip class." Mason grinned, sitting next to me.

I laughed slightly, looking at the view in front. You could see the forest our pack was located in, and a small part of the pack house, but it was surrounded by trees, patrollers and warriors, no hunters or humans would come near the pack. I had never been in the Alpha's house, only Alpha's and their children and their mates were allowed in. I could feel Mason's eyes on me, studying me.

"What's wrong, Rae?" he asked. I shivered at how he said my name. It sound so weird coming from him. It's normally 'tomboy' or 'Skater Girl' but no, he said Rae.

"Huh?" I replied, confused.

"What's wrong? Your mood seems off." Mason continued.

"Since when do you take notice of my mood?" I smirked, watching as his cheeks tinted a bit.

"No, I-I-"

"Its fine, nothing's wrong" I smiled slightly before it disappeared.

Mason's POV

I watched Rae as she smiled, but that smile didn't quite reach her gorgeous eyes. I knew something was up, it was in my nature to know, but Rae would never tell me if something was wrong- she didn't trust me enough.

'Well then make her trust you, jerk.' My wolf, Ace spoke.

'Would you shush!'

'No, stupid human. You need her to trust us. What happens when it comes to her eighteenth?' Ace growled.

'Shut up, I got this!'

'Huh, heard that before. You ended up sleeping with that stupid Kayla bitch.' Ace snarled.

"Uh, Alpha?"

I was knocked out of my thoughts when Rae's growl came to hearing.

"Yeah?"

I saw her point towards the woods. She crawled up near the edge of the school, staring near the forest. "Rouges!" she snarled.

"Rae, careful, we're around humans." I spoke, noticing her red eyes glow in anger.

"We have to help"

I nodded, as we both jumped down from the three story building. As werewolves, we can take more impact than a normal human. We sprinted towards the woods, jumping the school wall. Rae shifted before we even got to the woods, making Ace let out a small howl inside. Her dark grey wolf was inhabited with small but mesmerizing blue streaks.

'Shut up!' I said, shifting as well into my black wolf that had the logo of my pack on my neck.

'No, look at those legs.'

'Perv' I laughed but couldn't disagree.

'Alpha! They're up ahead.' Rae's voice huffed into my mind.

'Get ready for attack.'

'Yes, Alpha' Rae spoke.

Her growl echoed through the woods- a growl of a leader, a Luna. The four rouges spun around as Rae met one head on, attacking a brown wolf. I snapped at a ginger one, his stance was tall, but I was taller. My paw swiped across his face, making him let out a whine before he plunged his teeth into my leg. Growling, I yanked him off, sinking my teeth into his neck. Before I could kill him, a blonde wolf landed on my back, holding on with her claws that dug into my flesh.

They were suddenly knocked off as Rae barrelled into them, growling at the blonde one before attacking. I looked over to see the brown one, all battered and bruised, take its final breath. The grey wolf growled, trying to snap at my neck. I pinned him down, properly sinking my teeth into his neck, and killing him as I ripped out his throat.

'Warriors are on their way, son. We heard Rae's howl.' The voice of my father came through.

A sudden whine came from Rae. I looked over to see the blonde wolf going for the kill. Rae's wolf had a huge scratch mark going along the side of her stomach, it looked pretty deep. Ace growled lowly, taking over to protect what was his. He ripped the wolf from Rae, slamming her into a tree. Ace was on a full protective mode, as he heard the satisfying sound of a crack and a low groan from the wolf as her heart rate decreased.

Rae whined. Looking over, I saw her struggling to stand as she prepared for the attack of the last wolf. But her frail body was losing blood and she fell again. Angrily, I growled, pouncing in front of Rae protectively as I glared at the white wolf, teeth bared. My paws dug into the dirt as I hunched, preparing for attack.

'No one hurts what's mine' Ace growled, slamming a paw across the wolf's face. We leapt on him, pinning him down as we clawed at his chest. He rolled us over, pinning me as he snapped at my neck, successfully nipping slightly. A warrior suddenly barged into him, knocking him off completely as the pack guards are on a full protective mode over their Alpha and Top Warrior who's also Beta Female until Leo gets his mate.

I heard snapping of bones as I stared at Rae, watching her battered human form come into view. A warrior ran over to her, Ace growled protectively. The warrior bowed his head, stepping away. Rae cried out, gripping her stomach.

"Rae, listen to me, Rae." I ran over to her, shifting back. She looked me in the eyes before closing them. "Rae? RAE!" I picked her up in a bridal carry before pelting at full speed through the woods and to the pack house. I ran straight to the pack hospice.

"Dr. Krissy!" I yelled at my personal doctor.

"Alpha!" she bowed before staring at Rae, her eyes widening. "Quick, put her here." After a quick look at her, she rushed me out the room.

"No! I have to be with her!" I snapped.

"Alpha, I'm sorry, but you'll kill me when you see what I need to do." She sighed. I nodded lowly before sitting in the waiting room. A scream from Rae had my heart clenching and Ace whining.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 41.5K 25
An alpha so violent he lost both his first and second chance mate because they couldn't handle him. His first mate ran away out of fear while the sec...
1.1M 33.5K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
28.3K 471 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
265K 9.5K 66
Lucille, or Lucifer as her pack mates nicknamed her, has got no time for love. Lucille is a irresponsible childish 18 year old. After desperately tr...