Surpassing Mr. Popular

Per aoiminami

My name is Sophie Morgan and I'm Ms. Popular. Right now, my goal is to take revenge on Mr. Popular--- Chris A... Més

Chapter 1 -- It's only the beginning
Chapter 2 -- I'm Pretty but Dumb
Chapter 3 -- Cheering Squad is a WAR
Chapter 4 -- Sinking Myself in Thoughts
Chapter 5 -- Observing Megan Davies
Chapter 6 -- Red as Tomato
Chapter 7 -- She Enjoyed She Noticed He Knew
Chapter 8 -- What the Hell?!
Chapter 9 -- One Year and a Couple of Months Ago
Chapter 10 -- I Hate You I mean I Need Your Help
Chapter 11 -- Doomed by Physics
Chapter 12 -- Concentrate on Studying
Chapter 13 -- A Picture of Me
Chapter 14 -- Who could this Anonymous Writer be?
Chapter 16 -- Weird Funny Glasses
Chapter 17 -- Of Course I Trust You
Chapter 18 -- She's Anonymous Writer
Interlude -- Greta Plan it All
Chapter 19 -- Officially a Rival Again
Chapter 20 -- The Other Way Around
Chapter 21 -- It Was As If
Chapter 22 -- Hate you Sickness!
Chapter 23 -- After all it was Chris Adams.
Chapter 24 -- I was Dumbfounded
Chapter 25 -- More Confuse and Clueless
Chapter 26 -- This Dressing Room
Chapter 27 -- Amnesia?
Chapter 28 -- Forget I said If
Chapter 29 -- DIE YOU BASTARD!
Chapter 30 -- Check this Out.
Chapter 31 -- By The Way
Chapter 32 -- Next Thing I Know
Chapter 33 -- The Best Couple Ever
Epilogue
--SNEAK PEAK--

Chapter 15 -- Inter School Tournament

3.9K 163 25
Per aoiminami

                    Only a day before the basketball tournament and everyone were excited for the event. I on the other hand was exhausted for the reason of the Anonymous Writer. The news about the picture circulated throughout the school. Well for some unknown reason many of the students started to take pictures with me. I felt like I was a celebrity- followed by what’s like paparazzi.  I’m quite overwhelmed about this sudden changed of treatment. Actually it’s not sudden; it’s more of the expected.

                      After a couple of picture taking, I felt exhausted. I didn’t know being a celebrity would be tiring. Then I spotted an opportunity to escape away from the students. As I went on hiding I bumped into someone I didn’t see for almost a week- Chris.

                      “Long time no see,” I said with tune of sarcasm.

                      Even though I thought that he would reply back with sarcasm too, he did not. He was rather silent and he had the worried look on his face.

                       “Why are you looking at me like that?” I felt embarrassed.

                      “I just thought you would be depressed,” he said with seriousness but then again his expression then changed- he smirked.

                      “I’m not the type of person that would be depressed by such issues,” I said back.

                      “Good then,” he smiled.

                      It wasn’t the kind of smile that would irritate me but it was a smile that seems to be of relieved- was he that worried about me?  I wondered.

                      “Aren’t you going for a last minute practice?” I asked. After all he was holding a big bag that would seems to have all he needed for the practice.

                      “That’s funny, last minute. Yes, it would be a last minute practice,” he said. I didn’t get the point why last minute was funny. “You better do best on cheering for me,” he ordered.

                      “For YOU?!” I said with surprise. “Hey, don’t forget about your other teammates,” I said with matching smile. 

                      “Cute,” he stated out of the blue.

                      I was startled and reacted late. “What?!” I asked surprised.  

                      “You, smiling,” he answered as he looked at me straight to my eyes.

                      I realized I was smiling at him without any sarcasm or hate. It was a genuine smile. To my embarrassment I automatically said goodbye and walked away. I left totally red.

                      Finally the day had come and everyone was cheering for their own teams. It was the Seventh Annual Inter School tournament, so basically it was school against school. There were six schools to compete and that included Wilhelm High- who was the host for the tournament. It was a double-elimination tournament and good to know if we win the first game then Wilhelm High will automatically complete for championship.

This was the first round match list.

1-Wilhelm High VS East High School

2- Trimount High School VS Mid Valley High

3-St. Claire High School VS Charles McCain High

                      The tournament would last for five days, one match for each day. So to say for the first day it was Wilhelm High versus East High school. The first game was funny actually for the reason of the girls from their school cheered our team instead and you know why- pretty boys from Wilhelm. It wasn’t that intense, I mean when the opponent were lacking team coordination it would mean total defeat. Not like our team, they were in sync.  The game ended with the score of; let just say at least less than half of our team score was the score of the other team- an easy win for us.

The first game took half of the day, so by lunch time everyone was on break. Just like the usual I became the center of attention of the students from the other schools- of course because of my looks. Greta, Julianne and I were taking our time at the cafeteria.

                      “What school will be playing next?” I asked. I never looked at the schedule.

                      “Mid Valley High against Trimount HS,” Julianne answered.

                      “I heard that Trimount has a good set of players,” Greta with her info’s.

                      “You think they could win the next game and reach to the finals?” I asked. I do have many questions. 

                      “I didn’t say that. I said they just have a good set of players,” she repeated.

                      “At least the first game was an easy win for us,” Julianne happily applauded. 

                      “They were just lucky,” Greta sarcastically replied.

                      I laughed at the comment of Greta- looks like she doesn’t trust the ability of the team even though she knew they practice more than they should.

                      “Then what about the St. Claire and Charles?” I asked again.

                      “Didn’t get much info on them,” Greta answered.

                      I take her answer would mean they weren’t good players at their teams. 

                      “Anyway have you found out who the culprit is? I mean the anonymous writer that spreading rumors or anything,” Julianne’s curiosity kicking in.

                      Greta and I looked at each other well just looking, nothing more.

                      “No idea still,” I answered.

                      “She’s really a sneaky person. No evidence left,” Julianne said.

                      Julianne’s right, that person was really smart, no clues, hint, evidences or what so ever.  

                      On to the last game and speaking of it our opponent was- but before that let me summarized the last three games. The second game was Trimount versus Mid Valley and just like Greta said Trimount has a set of good players. They win by the score of sixty-five against forty-three of Mid Valley. On the third game St. Claire versus Charles and the winner with the score of seventy-four was Charles. And for the fourth game, Trimount versus Charles, the game was a close fight and everyone in the crowd was excited by the game they played. Either one of them wins would be a formidable opponent for Wilhelm. As the game ended Charles McCain High was defeated by Trimount. So to sum it up Trimount and Wilhelm were fighting for the championship.

                      Now that you know the opponent let’s go back to the game; for the first fifteen minutes was already intense- close fight I say. Jess, Leo and Melvin- one of the two unmentioned Jocks- were on the defense while Rupert and Chris were on the offense. The opponent was able to take the ball but Chris was too fast that he took the ball from the opponent. By doing so, the girls inside the court screamed from admiration- talking about pretty boys playing prettily.

                      Either number six or number one was dominating the shout of the crowd- number one from the arrogant Chris and six for captain Jess. I’m rooting whichever of them to be the MVP but more on Jess- I don’t want Chris to be more conceited than he was already- contradicting right? Well that’s how I am- confused. Let set aside that, Jess did a rebound and passed the ball to Rupert to do a three point shoot. Then the opponent was able to take the ball and dribbled it to the other side of the court. But unfortunately for them, Chris was too fast that he got the ball back and made a score. Rookie wasn’t the word to properly describe him; he looks like a pro in playing basketball. The first half of the game ended with nineteen for Trimount and twenty-eight for Wilhelm.

                      On the bench, coach Norman also our physical education teacher constructing a better strategy for their play. After all, the opponent wasn’t giving them an easy fight. I on the other hand was just next to them; I mean we from the cheer team were next to them- cheering of course. Well not precisely when they were on the bench.

                      “I’m really disappointed. No cute guys at all,” France complained.

                      “It’s not that there aren’t cute guy. We just have high standard when it comes to cute guys,” Kelly answered.

                      She was right about high standard when you‘re always surrounded with high quality guys. As I continued listening to their conversation I may have been over hearing things because of what France said.

                      “I heard Sophie and Chris broke up,” France gossiping about me as they took a glimpse at me.

                      ‘Me and Chris broke up? This is the first.’ I said on my mind. Well that was a bit funny, I was affected. Vomit.

                     “I wish they would,” Kelly bluntly said.

                      ‘Wow, no hold backs.’

                      “Are you still aiming for Chris?” France asked her.

                      “Not really. He’s just a good accessory to me,” she replied.

                      ‘No good hearing them.’

                      “But I’m glad that the one posting the rumors is doing an excellent job,” she continued as she smiled evilly.

                      I knew she hated me but never did occur to me that she hated me too much. I just hope she’s not associated with the anonymous writer. Anyway as the game continued for the second half I wasn’t focusing on the game anymore. My mind was focus on the anonymous writer. 

Author's Notes: 

If you enjoyed and liked this chapter please-please do click on VOTE

Hoping for continues READs, SUPPORT and COMMENTS

THANK YOU and have a VERY HAPPY GOOD DAY!!! O(≧▽≦)O

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

My gangster love Per Shay1922

Literatura romàntica

15.2K 266 16
When Sara goes to a party with her best friend she meet Jeremiah. He saves her that's night and it starts from there. (Not that great of a descripti...
535 26 17
Hi. I'm Evie Bering. I hate life. Ever since I moved from England and transferred to a new school in LA and moving into 10th-grade life sucks. Lexi C...
"True Love" Per Mine_1020

Novel·la juvenil

742 50 23
I made a fool of my self, I made a mistake. This is about 6 people who have everything they could ask for, they are all popular, rich and even hav...
2M 47.4K 36
She's a badass.She's crazy,chatty and outgoing. She goes to parties and get drunk. Her parents are dead. She lives alone and she has her parents' mon...