Distance & Time Pt 2 to unthi...

By ieshastar

More

Dear Daddy,
New
Miss u
.
..
....
..
Who dat?
Who is she
All the ifs
Old thing
Surprise
Get the talkin
Whats goin on
Part title
I want to live my life
A year
He cant gotta know
No more
Just checking
Babyshower
Names
Welcome Baby Girl
Part title
Gotta make it
Holidays
Drunk
Time
Really??
No more
Too much to handle
Fix it
Spring break
Miami

Delta

18 0 1
By ieshastar

Kyleigh

"Kyleigh..Kyleigh baby.. Daddy loves you.. Yes he does."

Trey was giving Kyleigh a bath in the kitchen sink and singing to her. She just smiled at fooling around with a teething ring, when the door opened and I came wobbling in. My hair was a mess my head and my eyes were stained from last nights makeup.

"Hey!"

I said putting my bags down and walking into the kitchen.

"Aww my Kyleigh getting a bath by her daddy!"

I said talking to Kyleigh who just smiled. I turned to Trey giving him a kiss.

"How was last night?"

"It was cool. I had fun."

"That's good. What's on the schedule for today?"

"I know we need to go grocery shopping and then I have to go handle something."

Trey raised his eyebrow.

"Handle what?"

"Something Trey."

"You been handling a lot lately."

"Oh yeah and what's that mean."

He stopped rubbing Kyleighs leg with the washcloth turning and looking at me.

"You fuckin around on me?"

"What! Trey no!"

"Well what is it? You leave talking about you're going to campus when no one is there. You're gone all day sometimes. Then you leave the room when you're on the phone, what's up with that?"

I just sighed.

"Trey I promise you!"

"Whatever."

He turned his back to me and I just shook my head. Last night replayed over in my head and I felt horrible. I was about to get into the shower when my phone went off.

I know ur prolly trippin.. Its all good tho.. Btween me and you.. Always.. Shit is crazy..But u got it Danni

It was a text from Chris. I smiled texting back before getting ready to spend the day with Trey and Kyleigh.

Keyanna had left for New York the next day and Anixa was happy to be going home to Jamaica with her family for the holiday. Trey and I were fooling with putting up our Tree while Kyleigh sat in her bouncer making noise and drooling over a toy. Marcus called me on face time from New Orleans with Natalie and smiled the whole time talking to Kyleigh. She showed out for her uncle too, smiling and talking back to him. He told he would see us after Christmas and blew kisses to Kyleigh before hanging up. When I turned around Trey was done with the tree and going to put the star on top.

"Ooh wait baby I gotta take a picture."

He shook his head before posing for the photo which went straight to Facebook afterwards. We were chilling on the couch watching a re-run of A Christmas Story when my cell phone went off. I got up to answer it walking in the other room.

She came back with her coat and shoes on.

"Where are you going!"

"Trey I gotta go."

"Where?"

"Trey please just be patient, please."

"Whatever go on."

"Trey."

"Go the fuck on Daniela!"

I yelled and she headed out the door, I wanted to know what was going on and I wanted to know now.

Ms. April came to our apartment to celebrate Christmas with us, as always Kyleigh made out like a bandit. Toys and clothes, and this wasn't even including what I'm sure Marcus had over brought for her. Trey was happy with the sneakers and clothes I brought him and I the shoes and dress he'd gotten me were right on. We were in the bedroom while Ms. April rocked Kyleigh to sleep when I decided to give him his other present.

"Here."

I said handing him the box.

"What's this?"

"Open it silly!"

There was an engraved picture frame that read We Love You Trey with a picture of Kyleigh and Daniela in matching outfits inside.

"This is the most special present anyone has ever gotten me."

"I'm glad you like it."

I said smiling. He grabbed me into a hug until we heard Ms. April knock.

"Y'all ready to cut the cake?"

We spent the rest of the night talking and eating. Our first Christmas as a family, was great.

Danni had been dipping out constantly and I was trying to be trusting but it was eating away at me. She was in the shower when her phone went off and I grabbed it. It was a text from Chris. He said ok. I scrolled up and saw that she had asked him to meet her at school. So now it all came together, all that time she was on "campus" she was with him. I wanted to throw her phone across the room bang on the bathroom door and curse her out, but I was wrong for looking. I put the phone down when I heard her footsteps.

"Hey baby what you up to?"

"Shit probably about to go to the studio, where you headed?"

"Just up to school, you know the semester about to start so I have to meet up with some people."

"Uh huh."

She changed into sweats and a t-shirt before racing out of the door. I called my mom and let her know Danni wouldn't be on her way to get her like planned. I decided to head towards Howard to. She had been fucking with him behind my back again, but this time Marcus wouldn't put an end to it, I was going to.These past few months she had been hooking up with him behind my back. I was hurt, angry, and confused as I drove towards Howard, then I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down and it was a text from Danni.

Trey get to campus ASAP and make sure that you're in the courtyard by 8.

What kind of game was she playing? To tell me to meet her the same place and the same time she'd told Chris. I was confused. I parked the car and walked over to the courtyard and saw a lot of people. Then I spotted Keyanna, Kenny, Brendan, Anixa and Marcus standing together. What the fuck was going on? They all said hello and we all sat confused asking one another why Danni had asked us to be here and Marcus wondered why she'd made him promise to fly from Miami just days ago because it was "so important." I looked around and noticed a lot of people adorned in jackets, sweaters, and shirts with Greek Letters, and then we heard howling. We pushed toward the front to see what was going on and then we saw the line of girls approach with masks over their faces. They sang a song loudly and proud about giving their love to Delta and that's when it hit us all.

Danni had pledged. She was about to cross and this big thing that was so important that we all needed to attend was her probate. The secrecy and sneaking around wasn't because she was up to anything bad, but because it was a part of joining her sorority. I had never been more relieved in my life. We all howled and cheered as they stepped repeatedly pledging their alliance to the Crimson and Crème, DST. The girls lined up and one by one after their line names being stated they removed their masks and were made official sisters of the chapter. We waited anxiously and as if it was a scene from a movie, dramatically Daniela was last. We just about lost it when we saw her pull her mask away revealing straight face. The older member stood next to her screaming in her face. Stating her name as "Sister Boutherbiz" Daniela went on to spiel about how she had good grades, was on a scholarship taking care of a newborn and a household. I smiled proud. I knew it was something that she wanted to do and seeing her complete it made me just as happy as I'm sure she was. An hour and 5 strolls later Danni was an official member of DST. We waited for her in the parking lot next to her car and all clapped and cheered when she appeared in her red jacket with the greek letters down the sleeve. She walked over to me and kissed my lips.

"I told you it would all make sense."
P
"I've never been more proud."

"My sister is a Delta! Say what!"

Marcus said giving her a hug.

Congratulations came from everyone and Danni just smiled. Chris appeared with roses in hand.

"You did it!"

"Yeah!"

They both squealed hugging each other.

"After all the hard work and being away from Kyleigh was it worth it?"

"Yes, it was. Thanks so much for being there for me Chris."

"No problem."

I walked over confused.

"So wait Chris knew about this?"

"Trey I'm sorry, I know we shouldn't be keeping secrets at all, but look I could only tell one person and as much as I wanted to tell you I just wanted it to be a surprise. That's all. Just don't be mad at me."

"Danni I'm not mad at you. I'm not. I'm gonna lie though I looked through your phone before you left and I was driving up here to confront you and Chris then I got the message from you."

"I love you Trey I wouldn't purposely lie to you or hurt you, you know that."

"Yeah you're right."

I picked her up.

"So my baby's mama is a Delta huh?"

"Yeah and look what my big sister brought Kyleigh!"pp

Danni squealed going through the gift bag that was in her hand. There was a onezee that read.

Delta In Training

We all laughed and saw the excitement on Danni's face.

"Can we go to your moms' and get Kyleigh? I just wanna be with her right now?"

"Yea c'mon."

"Y'all go and pick her up we'll meet y'all back at your apartment."

Kenny stated.

"Marcus take my car and follow them, I wanna ride with Trey."

I said tossing him the keys. Trey grabbed my hand and we headed back to his car.

"I'm proud of you baby."

"Thank you."

I turned to Chris who looked left out and awkward. I figured since he had been there for Danni the least I could do is let down the wall.

"Chris you should follow too."

He looked up and Danni looked at me.

"You sure man? I don't want to intrude."

"Nah come on, we're probabl gonna chill out maybe eat."

"Alright cool."

Chris said before going to talk to Marcus about making plans on getting to our apartment. I grabbed Danni's hand and we started the walk over to my car.

"Now graduation in a few months."

"I know can't believe it."

"You're doing it."

She just smiled then she stopped walking and looked at me. Her eyes were begging to tell me something.

"And so are you, I um, kinda stole the CD out of your deck."

No one had heard the songs I'd done except for Reggie and I.

"You liked it."

I asked one eyebrow raised. I was nervous about letting people hear my music, Danni had heard me sing before and even heard the song I'd recorded for her, but this was my demo that we were putting together.

"Is that just gotta make it song for me and Kyleigh?"

I chuckled.

"Y'all are my girls."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mines around her waist.

"Trey you're gonna make it."

The look she gave me was one of faith and love. She believed in me and hearing her say that meant the world.

"With someone like you by my side how could I not."

We shared a kiss but were interrupted when some of her sorority sisters popped up.

"You did it!"

Rebecca said hugging me tightly. She was my big sister throughout the process and I know that me crossing meant a lot to her as well.

"Yes! And thank you so much for that onezee for Kyleigh!"

"It's the truth though! So what are you about to do missy?"

"Well my family is here, we're about to go get Kyleigh from her grandmother's and then probably just hang out."

"Aww man you're gonna miss the party?"

"What party?"

"Unofficial but we're all going to Love, our brothers are going too."

"I want to go but, I want to be with Kyleigh. I know my mom would watch her."

"It is your first night out as an official member of Delta Sigma Theta, you and your friends should come out. Dress in your colors and come on!"

I looked at Trey who just smiled.

"You want me to call mama and tell her we'll be there tomorrow?"

"See you in a little while."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 54 22
𝑩𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒄é 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒖𝒑 𝒇𝒂�...
172K 2.9K 105
"𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫"
3.5M 72.3K 113
11.7K 37 61
Request Open