Looking Out For Mistletoe -Pa...

By CrossedDoor

(No longer receiving updates, as a revamped version is out, called CURRENT.ly! Head to my profile to check th... More

Revamp is out!
Revamp coming soon!
STOP, ITS THE CRINGE POLICE!
●●
●●●
●●●●
●●●●●●
●●●●●●●
●●●●●●●●
●●●●●●●●●
So this happened...
○●
○●●
○●●●
○●●●●
○●●●●●
○●●●●●●
○●●●●●●●
○●●●●●●●●
○●●●●●●●●●
○○
○○●
○○●●
Would you read the rewrite? THESE ARE THE CHANGES

●●●●●

563 23 17
By CrossedDoor

I don't own the fanart in any way.

The last days had been the longest of my life. I could swear that it wouldn't matter how many people explained, denied and stated that every day has 24 hours, because I would keep saying that the ones that had passed had definitely more than that, since saying it sounds impossible to me.

I am going to Gravity Falls.

I really am going to Gravity Falls!

It was already late when we arrived, about five o'clock, but nobody will judge us for arriving late at a Thursday.

My weekend was painful above all. On Saturday, I didn't left my room for the rest of the day, and I stayed there either playing in the computer, reading my uncle's diary or just lying in bed.
On Sunday however, my mom tried to make me and my father apolagize to one another by placing us facing eachother at the table at dinner and making small talk to see if we would comunicate with eachother. We can say that the night didn't end calmly.

I was actually relived to go to school on Monday.
I met up with Neil at our usual spot, and I told him about how I asked my parents to go to Oregon again, how my father reacted and what my mom said.

"What's the deal with your father though? I know he never really accepted the fact that you see ghosts, but he doesn't need to make you suffer because of it." Neil responded when I told them all about it.

"There is nothing I can do, Neil. He will either accept me or push me away."

Our walk to school wasn't a pleasant one, but I could feel my stress starting to vanish.

Once we arrived at school, we were presented with a crowd of talking students at the entrance of the school.

"What is going on? Did they got late and closed the school?" Neil questioned.

"The snow, remember?" I pointed out.

"Look, Salma is there!"

Indeed, Salma was on the side of the crowd, with her arms crossed and angry look on her face.

We slipped past the crowd and near her, where maybe we could gain total knowledge of what was really happening.

"Hey Salma! What is going on?" Neil asked her.

She sighed, never leaving her angry look.
"Isn't it obvious? The school was closed because of the snow! And now I won't be able to go get my new book about Advanced Science because I thought that leaving it in my locker would be a good idea..."

"Don't worry, Salma, it won't run away." I joked.
She gave me a death glare.
"That's not funny."

And well, after that, it was only a matter of days until I begged my mom to go like a child wanting candy.

My mom somehow managed to call somebody that would accept us there, so on Thursday we took the train and we travelled all day.

We got there feeling tired, and it was even more tiring to think that we still had to unpack our things.

We arrived at the rented apartment, where an old lady...almost... showed us our room.

"So...there are two bedrooms, two beds, two bathrooms" she moved towards two lamps and patted one of them "two lamps," right after she gave it a second pat, the whole thing fell to the floor, breaking itself apart "...one lamp, I mean...a television, a washing machine," she kep showing us around the house, my mom following her around.

I separated myseld from them, and stared at a window. I could see various parts of the town, including the woods, since the building was near the edge of the forest. I hoped that they didn't look too dark at night, or it would be spooky. But I still had a lingering wish to just go and explore them, along with everything that was part of this weird, little town.

My uncle was right.
This air felt more breathable than the one that I had been breathing for the last 15 years.
It felt much more light. It wasn't filled with disgust or judgement for the things that I see and do.

"So that's all that you need to know. See ya again sometime, ma'am, and thanks for stopping at our apartment!" She proceeded to walk out of the room and slamming the door.

"Oh well. Isn't it cosy?" My mom asked with a drained attitude.

"It's awesome." I admited, still looking out of the window.

"We still need to unpack. Care to join me? It will be faster."

We brough everything to both our rooms, and we started with my room, since I had a few less things than my mom. After we were done, we moved to my mom's room, and we were getting even more tired now.

Gee, I'm not going on a train again.

There was only some things left when we both decided to lay down for a second.
So we just laid there for 5 minutes, but the thing about laying there, staring at a white ceiling filled with cracks and being tired, is that you get extremely sleepy.

I was already letting myself drift off to sleep when I came back to my senses and opened my eyes.

I looked at my watch. 15 minutes had passed since we both stopped. We fell asleep.

"Mom." I said.
There was no answer.
I turned to my mother. She was passed out.

I reached my hand to shake her awake, but I realized that she was tired, probably more than me.
I sighed.
Now it is the part where I do the rest, isn't it?

I got up, and yes, I unpacked the rest of the things.

After I was done, I went to my room and sat in my bed.

Great. What do I do now?

I took out my cellphone, and noticed that I had a message from Neil.

From: Neil
Have you arrived there yet?

I looked at the time. He sent the message half an hour ago. I quickly texted back.

To: Neil
Yeah. I have no idea of how to find the guy that helped my uncle.

I got a message from him some seconds after.

From: Neil
Then you should go explore!

I read the message.
He was right. Why was I wasting time here when I could be out there exploring?

I putted the phone in my pocket, and walked towards the exit door.
One last glance at my mother told me that she was plain asleep.

...I won't take too long.

I slipped out of the room, and walked down the stairs that would lead me outside.

Walking out to the street was strangely pleasant. I don't know if it was because nobody knew me or because this place was so open, but I enjoyed it.

I was walking down the street when I almost bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, looking at the person. It was a woman, with dark hair and blue eyes. She was probably on her mid twenties.
She seemed startled, I didn't realized why, until I saw her clothes. They were all bloody and somewhat ripped.

"What...Y-you can see me? Help me! Please!" She cried out, trying to grab me.

I moved away from her, but she followed me.
"Please, please, PLEASE! I'm talking to you! Answer me!" She kept going.

I looked around the street. Nobody was around besides a couple of people.
If I was doing this, I wouldn't make the same mistake again.

I turned to her slowly, like I was casually looking at something, and whispered what I wanted to say.
"Ma'am, I'm sorry, but I can't do anything-"

"NO! YOU CAN SEE ME! THERE'S SOMETHING YOU CAN DO!"

"P-please, keep it down, or more will come..."

"HELL WITH THAT, YOU CAN SEE US, THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!"

Another ghost came around the corner, and I lowered my head, while walking. My only wish was that the lady didn't start to tell everybody that I could see them, or then I would have a sea of ghosts after me.

"CHARLIE! CHARLIE, HE CAN SEE US!"

"He can?" The Charlie ghost asked. "You sure?"

"Yes! I talked to him, and now he is pretending that he can't! But I swear I'm telling the truth!"

"I gotta get Fred!" The Charlie ghost informed, before disapearing out of my sigh.

I kept walking, the ghost always at my side.

"Lady, please...can you leave me alone?" I meekly asked.

"No! No way!" She replied.

I got enough. From a moment to the other, I started to run.
Ghosts might be able to float around, but they aren't very fast.

"Wha-HEY!" She tried to keep up. "WHERE ARE YOU GOING!"

I ignored her, and kept my pace and getting away from her, but it seemed that every time that I came into another street, a new wave of ghosts appeared, so I had to turn away to just stop myself to look at all those lost people. Some didn't even knew that they were dead!

I ended up at the edge of the town. I could either go back, go along the muddy road or venture into a path that led to the forest.

I looked at the three options.
The trees did seemed mysterious...

I found myself leaning towards the forest.

As soon as I stepped foot near the trees, the light got significantly dimmer, but I didn't turned back. There was just...something ahead of me. I simply knew it.

The trees got taller as I walked deeper into the forest, and so did my second thoughs on this idea, but I just kept following the path like I was freaking Dorothy, knowing that something out here was meant for me to find it.

I passed over a fallen tree that was in the way, and I looked around. This seemed that scene from the movies where the monster would jump down on the victim, but the time was passing and nothing happened.

The path kept going and going, and me being loyal to my instinct, kept on following it.

Until it stopped. I knew that I had been walking for about 17 minutes.

It ended up right in the middle of the trees, where the grass was taller and where every other plant looked like it was bowing to me.

I sighed, ready to go back, when I heard a rustling near me. I turned to it with a jolt, waiting for something to attack me.

What came out of the bushes was a rabbit.

"A rabbit? Seriously? " I asked to nobody.

The fluffy thing turned it's eyes to me, and I noticed that they were purple.

Well, that's...unusual...

The creature jumped when it realized that I was looking at it, and showed me two sharp pairs of teeth, and it's eyes turned into slits, before starting to run away.

That's not normal!

I started to chase it as soon as it started to move. After that demonstration, I wasn't letting it excape easily.
It jumped around and ran like a bunny, but after what it did, I was sure that it definitely wasn't a bunny.

As I crazily ventured myself into the unknown and left the path behind, the density of the forest become much bigger, making it harder to catch up with that thing.

The creature kept running and running, jumping over plants and the tree roots, and trying to hop faster out of my reach.

I felt my lungs burning, and a branch scratched my head on the side.

We finally reached a clearing, and the creature found shelter in a hole located in the roots of a tree.

I tried to look inside it, but it was too dark for me to see anything.

I fell to the ground, panting and in need of air.

There goes whatever that was...

I looked around.
I had absolutely no idea where I was or of how to get back. Shutting my eyes and leaning back, I breathed all the air that I could.
I stood like that for some time.

Now what?

I was trying to remain calm, but the task was proving to be difficult.

Something was hurting my back, so I turned around and snapped the branch that was hurting me, and the whole plant shook, making some leaves fall on top of me, including a big black spider, that didn't scared me much, but made me get on my feet to brush it off. I looked behind me again, trying to figure out where did it came from, when a light colour got my attention.

Greyish white trees?

I shook some more leaves away.
Stone. This wasn't a tree, it was stone.

I started to rip the plant away from the stone, watching as some more spiders fell to the floor.

The plant was soft, so removing some parts of it were hard.
In the end, I took some steps back to get the full picture of what it was.

It was a triangle. With...a bow and a hat? And...arms? What the hell was that?!

I sure was puzzled. What was such a weird thing doing here in the middle of nowhere?

"Ahh, a visitor!" A voice came from somewhere.

I looked around, quickly noticing a shadow on the top branches of a near by tree.

"What?" I asked, looking at it with confusion, trying to understand what was I looking at.

The figure stepped out of the shadows, and floated down the tree, spining around me.

It was yellow, and only had one eye.
It had no mouth, no nose, and no ears, but it seemed able to talk and hear somehow. It was dressed up just like the statue.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here...a Pendreghast?" It said, rubbing it's eye like it was his chin.

"What? H-how do you-Who are you!?" I took a step back.

"Calm down, Ghost Boy" he took of his hat, greeting me, and placed it back where it was "I'm Bill...your new friend."

I don't own the fanart.
Yay, finally! Gravity Falls! I hope you are enjoying the story so far, because I intend on making it more interesting now :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 4.2K 125
All ten members of the Cipher Wheel are now inside Gravity Rises. Ideally, that would mean the end of Bill Cipher - but the demon has plans of his ow...
6.3K 129 28
*BILDIP* Dipper was next in line for the small crown of his small kingdom. Bill was next in line for the title of The Demon King. They both had no sa...
1.9K 270 28
Dipper and Mabel left until next summer. Soos took over the mystery shack for the off season. Stan and Ford left on a boat trip, but something is wro...
267K 9.8K 22
Dipper and Mabel are back for their annual summer trip and are ready for new adventures. Dipper, however, has been hiding some secrets he isn't too p...