Contracted Killer ( Ja'far X...

By ESKT_26

Ja'far from Magi As a skilled mercenary you were contracted to infiltrate and kill the adviser of Sindria, Ja... More

The Contract
A New Country
Warm Welcome
A Drink
Blood Thirst
Reunions
Skills
Just Visiting
Maybe
Reunions Redux
Shattered
Luck
Confess
Completion

A Place Among the Ranks

6.2K 251 145
By ESKT_26

You woke up the next day with a figure looming over you.

Surprised, you swung your head up clashing with someone's else.

"Ow, ow..." The small magi whined rubbing his forehead. You looked around the room to also see Alibaba and the fanalis girl standing to the side.

"What are all of you doing here?" You questioned obviously irritated.

"Sinbad wants to speak with you..." Alibaba informed as he passed you your blade.

"Oh, okay." You answered passively while sliding of the bed. "I'll head over there now."

"You don't even know where the meeting room is Miss." Aladdin stated while giggling.

"You underestimate me..." You responded as a grin appeared on your face. You then stepped out the door as the group followed behind you.

"(Y/N)..." You turned to see the pink-haired girl addressing you. "I didn't get a chance to introduce myself yesterday. I'm Morgiana... A fanalis."

"Good to meet you, I'm (Y/N)." You greeted her while faking a smile. 

She turned her head and looked away abruptly. 'Oh well.'

Aladdin hummed happily to himself as you quietly kept leading them down the hall. 'Why did they have to come get me?'

"Why can't I hear your footsteps?" You looked to the side to see the blonde giving you a suspicious look.

"You know why." You responded a bit briskly. "I already told you... I got paid for this."

"O-Oh, right. It's just that-"

"So, do you know what Sinbad wants with me?" You interrupted Alibaba trying to avoid the topic.

"Something about training, or uh, I don't know." Alibaba remarked as he threw his arms behind his head. 'So he was just the messenger...'

A few moments later you were standing in front of the meeting room.

"I told you I knew where I was going." You triumphantly told the small magi with a smug look on your face. He merely let out a giggle and proceeded inside the room as you all followed. 'Little scumbag thinking I couldn't-'

"I trust you slept well (Y/N)." Sinbad greeted as soon as you entered the large room. Ja'far was standing next to Sinbad with his arms crossed glaring at you. 'Speaking of scum...'

"Just fine, what is it you would like to discuss?" You asked politely lowering your head, he was the King after all.

"How long will you be staying in Sindria?" Sinbad asked in a serious tone as he looked into your (E/C) eyes.

"I'm not really certain, but it's months we're looking at." You answered meeting his gaze.

"You're here on account of the former King of Balbadd ... Is that right?" The king was now tense as he laced his fingers together.

"That's right, as you know the Kou Empire has taken over Balbadd but has allowed it to be self-run. They sent me here to seek some sort of reform now that... My type of work is not allowed there anymore..." Your voice trailed off as you saw Sinbad raise a brow.

"After all... You are a mercenary." He stated carefully. "Why are you really here?"

"Was." You narrowed your eyes at him in response as he chuckled.

"I've heard about your... Reputation..." He paused to see any reaction from you. "How do feel you about being re-hired and coming to work for me?"

"Sin, you don't-"

"Seeing that you will be staying here for quite some time and I'm pretty sure you'll do what ever I tell you do to for the right price." Sinbad stated as he stood up from his seat.

"I would be honored to work for your lordship." You responded while giving a small bow again. 'This job will be way easier then I anticipated... And with this I'll make some extra money.'

"Wonderful, every kingdom needs someone to do their dirty work." The king said darkly as Ja'far tugged his sleeve.

"My King, at least let me chaperone her, she just arrived here after all." Ja'far whispered as Sinbad thought over his proposal. "It will be from a distance of course."

'Great, so I'll have my own personal stalker.'

"Why does this sound so shady?" Alibaba commented behind you as he scratched his head.

"I'll allow it... Considering you've had training of your own Ja'far... And it'll grant me some peace of mind." Sinbad finally responded. "Move (Y/N)'s things to where everyone else is so she can properly be acquainted with each of my household members." He instructed while the silver-haired male nodded.

"This way (Y/N)..." Ja'far said and brushed past you.

"Right." You replied as you followed him out the door.

"The rest of you stay... I want to tell you about visitor from the Kou empire that we will be getting..." The King's voice faded out as you walked further down the hall. 'I'll have to tell Judal about my new job next time I see him.'

"If i'm being honest... I feel insecure that Sin has aloud you to stay. Why didn't he just ask me about something he wanted to get done? I was raised an Assassin after all." Ja'far complained as he continued leading you to a different part of the palace. 'Now he mentions it... He's right, why didn't that old man just ask him? Sinbad must have his own separate agenda...' You met Ja'far's shallow eyes as they drifted to you. "So then, what are you really about?"

"Blood, kills, and money all the way." You shrugged your shoulders. "What's it to you?"

"I still find it funny how Sin just trusted you like that..." The silver-haired male intensified his glare as you grinned back. "And none of his Djinns seemed to reject you."

"Well I guess it helps that I'm easy on the eyes." You smirked as he chocked on air.

"W-Whatever... Just don't try anything funny." He frowned as you chucked in response. "Anyway, here's your new room. It's next to mine so if you need anything, feel free to ask."

"Thanks." You opened the door to the new room to reveal a larger and more furnished area than the one they had given you earlier. Ja'far tailed behind you. 'He sure likes to spoil his wanted guests.'

"Sinbad wanted to make sure that after your... Jobs... You could have some place comfortable to stay... And (Y/N)..." He paused to get your full attention. "Why were you talking to Judal the other night?"

"Isn't he Sindria's magi?" You replied coolly to hide your inner panic. 'Shit! How much did he hear?! I'll be lucky if-'

"I don't what he told you but don't believe anything he says, last thing we need is a hired killer that only cares about money in enemy hands." The male then sighed as he rubbed his forehead. 'So Sindria has other problems... Not smart to state your vulnerability to the person who's gonna kill you.'

"Well I don't know, if your king keeps the gold coming I might-"

"Loyalty can't be bought." Ja'far narrowed his eyes and gave you a cold look. 

'Geez- What's under his skin?'

"I'm not exactly sure what you have against me but I have a code, and that's not to betray my employer. After all, they can't pay me if they're dead." You responded with a hint of blood thirst.

"I'm not sure for how long I can take your unfiltered... Wit." Ja'far stated as he threw you another glare.

"I'm not sure how long I can take that monotone personality of yours." You retorted as you mimicked his forehead gesture.

"I-I'm not like that! ... Anyway..." He cleared his throat. "I'll speak with you later... I'm sure Sin will have something for you to do by then."

"Roger that." You answered simply as he stepped out of the room.

"My my... Just what level charisma do you have?" You heard as soon as the door closed. "Look at you, Sinbad's little merc."

"So you already know? And don't call me that." The magi huffed in amusement.

"Feisty~" He teased as he shook he head, ruffling his black hair. "And of course I know."

"Ja'far almost caught me speaking with you." You hissed under your breath while Judal cocked a brow. "It doesn't help that he's in the room next door!" You then whispered loudly while looking back to the door.

"Since I see you're not in the dungeon... I assume you played it off." He responded in a more serious tone.

"That's right, but it will be harder to convince him next time." You stated as Judal rubbed his chin.

"... You know what? Let's have some fun..." He said as a grin crept on his face. "Play with his feelings a little bit."

"Why? I-"

"Cause it'll amuse me." The magi answered simply. "How ironic will it be to see the woman he loves kill him." Judal added wickedly as he laughed uncontrollably.

"Intimacy wasn't part of the deal and will require more effort... So pay me something upfront." You requested with your own best interests in mind.

"It will be easy for you then... Since you seem to care about money more then his heart." He stated intently while tossing you a bag heavy with gold. "And with the time you have for this job I don't see why not..." Judal then let his wicked grin grow as his red eyes scanned you.

"Koumei was right, you're the perfect person for the job."

"Yeah..." You replied to him passively, satisfied with the amount of coins. "I'll be sure to get it done."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...
9K 193 30
This was created and finished in 2016/17 on DA. I will be posting as often as I want to copy paste. Ty. Magi Sinbad. Reader is female. Triggers: smut...
42.2K 2K 34
*I do not own Magi or any of it's characters* Several hundred years after the Kou Empire civil war, Al-Thamen is completely defeated. The battle was...
10.1K 229 33
I've already fallen, and cursed my destiny... and yet I still fell for you, seemingly against my will. - This is a full life story, of beginnings and...