Being A Douchebag

By Entranced

Meet Andre Wester. Basic description? Confident, good-looking and knows it. He lives the good life, friends... More

©
Prologue
Chapter [1]
Chapter [2]
Chapter [3]
Chapter [4]
Chapter [5]
Chapter [6]
Chapter [7]
Chapter [8]
Chapter [9]
Chapter [10]
Chapter [11]
Chapter [12]
Chapter [13]
Chapter [14]
Chapter [15]
Chapter [16]
Chapter [17]
Chapter [18]
Chapter [20]
Chapter [21]
Chapter [22]
Chapter [23]
Chapter [24]
Chapter [25]
Chapter [26]
Chapter [27]
Chapter [28]
Chapter [29]
Chapter [30]
Chapter [31]
Chapter [32]
Chapter [33]
Chapter [34]
Chapter [35]
Chapter [36]
Chapter [37]
Chapter [38]
Chapter [39]
Chapter [40]

Chapter [19]

2.5K 33 6
By Entranced

-not edited, sorry for the mistakes and/or crappy grammar. 

Cassandra Mc’Connell

Early afternoon was becoming later and later. Sunday faded faster and faster. After the turning of events for this whole weeked, one thing was becoming clearer. Andre was going to have to leave.

Well, it wasn't like I could expect him to stay was it?

That would be selfish. We both knew he had school and I wondered just how he'd convinced his parents to let him go to a little unknown town for an entire weekend.

I walked to the door and leant on the door frame gently."When are you going?" I asked watching Andre who was now idly flicking through channels on TV.

"Going?" He asked still watching something uninteresting.

"Home."

"Hm, wel-"

"You can't stay here forever, tomorrow's Monday. You've got school."

"Ok, Mom." He snapped, his voice dripping in sarcasm. I flinched slightly, he continued, "I'm sure the school wouldn't miss me for a few days." 

"You can't just miss school. People will be.. supicious."

Andre grinned, "Who says that's bad?" Seeing the look on my face, he added, "Chill, no-one knows I'm here."

"So what's going to happen?" I asked expectantly. 

"Lady, the only way I'm leaving is if you're coming with me."

"Blackmail? Really?" I said gobsmacked, "D'you know what? No." 

"That's fine with me, I'm beginning to like it here anyway." He said crossing his arms behind his head comfortably. 

"Yeah, well.." I struggled to think of an equal reply. "Your grade point average will drop!" I said triumphantly. The smile lasted only for a minute as the smug look on Andre's face told me he didn't care in the slightest about his grades. I grumbled, holding out for three minutes before I sighed, "Can't we come to a compromise?" 

'I'm listening." He said, knowing he had the upperhand. 

"I don't want to go back, just yet. And I don't want to feel guilty for tying you down."

"That's not your choice, I'm choosi-"

"Andre, please. I'll come back.." I gulped, "I'll come back sometime this.. week. Just not tomorrow." He looked at me, tilting his head to the side and for a moment, I saw he understood. 

"Okay. Sometime this week. You promised." His electrifying blue eyes held mine with doubt. 

~*~ 

I stood looking out of the window in the living room.

The truth was. I was afraid. 

Afraid of going back to the place I'd run away from. Or maybe it was the person. I was afraid that after clearing my head completely, when I saw him everything would flood back. 

The worst part is not forgetting. It's remembering. 

"Don't over-think it." Andre's voice cut the silence behind me. 

"But what if-"

"Nothing Cass. You'll get worried and back out on m-" He paused, "On all the people that want you back at school."

I smiled sadly, "I highly doubt there's very many." 

"The rest of them don't matter. Do it for the people you know care because it's hurting them a lot more, while your haters are getting the satisfaction they want."

"I don't know if I can do it, I don't know if I'm stron-"

"Don't know if you're strong enough? Not a problem, Cassandra Mc'Connell, you kick ass. I know because you've kicked mine countless times and I'm sure you will in times to come."

I laughed, spinning around and without thinking, grabbed Andre into a grateful hug. He stiffened and I resisted the urge to pull away as that would make the situation more awkward.

"Thankyou," I whispered into his shirt. "For everything." He softened, placing one hand on the small of my back.

"Hey, no problem." 

My head rested on his chest and I listened to the steady beating of his heart. I could listen to it for hours..

When he next spoke, his voice was cold, "I've got to get all my stuff." He pulled away, and I looked down awkwardly.

I could feel his eyes on me, "Yeah, o-okay." I mumbled. Soon after, I heard his retreating footsteps and the door to my room close.

I shivered unconciously.

Andre Wester

I grabbed everything I'd come with and angrily stuffed a few aquired belongings into my bag. My blood boiled and my fists were clenched into tight balls.

I'd held her close and she fit perfectly in my arms.

But it wasn't permanent, it wasn't enough.

Two parts of my mind conflicted. To see that meek look on her face, the rosy tint that covered her cheeks which showed her embarassment made me feel guilty. It was because of me. 

But to put myself through the torture of holding her and knowing she felt no buzz, no rush of adrenaline as I did was worse. To her, it was meaningless. I'd smiled when she'd thanked me, but reality kicked in. She was being polite.

But what if?

The nagging voice that echoed in my mind, that told me there was a chance, that told me she would come round eventually. I remembered our kiss a night ago. 

I punched the air violently. I wished that there was more time. But it was too late, I'd promised that I would leave tonight and I would as long as she wanted me to. I knew she was scared and it made me want to protect her but I wouldn't make her uncomfortable, it wasn't my place.

I'm falling for her. Hard.

I don't know how long I paced around the room, but when I glance at the time, it was five in the evening. I inhaled heavily, if I wanted to get back on time, I needed to leave now. 

When I opened the door to the back room, I saw Cass sitting down. Her head flickered upwards as I walked in causing her brunette waves to jolt.

"You going now?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah, gotta be back on time. Mom and all that."

"Yeah." I avoided her eyes because I knew they'd be full of questions. 

She walked ahead of me opening the door.

"Thanks for not maiming me for life." I said trying to lighten the mood.

She smiled, leaning on the doorframe, "Whatever Andre."

I chuckled, "This week, you promised. So I'll see you at school?"

She folded her arms looking towards my sleek black Camaro absently. "Yeah, you will."

"So.. This is it. Don't I get a kiss or something?"

"Keep on walking Wester."

"So harsh. This is how you treat me after all we've been through."

"Have a nice drive."

"Wow," I was about to continue my comment when Cass's phone rang abruptly. 

My eyes noted the caller ID.

Jase <3

The world fell from around me.

She looked down, and pressed the 'end call' button nervously.

Why was Jase calling?

Why did was he still in contact?

Why did she have his number saved?

Why did she look guilty?

Why was it saved.. with a heart? 

The questions flooded my mind. 

"Sorry," I muttered, "I didn't mean to disturb your call." Without hearing her answe, I walked towards my car.

"Andre, wait!" Cass called from behind me.

"I don't want to hear what you have to say." The previous sound of her rushed footsteps stopped sharply.

♡☉♡☉♡

A/N; Hey dolls, :) Just wanted to get this chapter up! Gonna be so busy with new year's and all, so sorry if it sounds rushed! Um, so Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Wooooooooooot! -thanks for reading so far, COMMENT&VOTE ;D -Dee, xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 240 37
Cassandra Lopez is an average kid who starts high school feeling confident but she didn't know that wearing glasses and braces would earn her a bully...
78.3K 3.2K 24
Cassandra Gray is and always will be a nerd. She's the kind of girl that wears superman tees and reads comic books, and has never missed a superhero...
Madam Mafia By Nana

Teen Fiction

13.5M 354K 88
Rose Amor is the school nerd. She wears big black glasses and keeps her long black hair in a ponytail. She stays out of drama and keeps to herself. S...
1.1M 29K 66
It's hard having a crush, but it's harder having a crush on the asshole bad boy. /////////// Harley Deyes doesn't have a best friend. She doesn't hav...