Chapter [4]

✥ Andre Wester ✥

The party was cool. I flirted with a couple of chicks out of sheer boredom, but did nothing more.

What was going on with me? I knew the chat-up lines to say, I knew exactly how to use them but I couldn't get a single one out of my mouth.

All that was going through my mind was her name - Cassandra.

The way she put her hands on her hips and made a 'pretend annoyed' face when Jase brought up an embarassing childhood memory, how she laughed and joked.

I shook my head, refocusing myself. That was yesterday, today I planned to ask Jase about her. It might've been a little awkward yesterday, but I knew she'd come around. They always did. 

When I got to my locker Jase was already there laughing with a couple of girls, they all looked giggly and nervous. One, I saw, was flinging her hair back compulsively and jittering like she needed to pee. 

I simply ignored them and walked straight up to Jase.

"Jase, I need a word."

"What's up bro?" He asked, the girls moved to a side.

"That girl you were with at Jen's party, I didn't know you knew each other." I tried to get him to open up, without showing direct interest.

"Cassandra? Yeah, we were like best friends from kindergarten." He smiled at the memory.

Well, she definitely doesn't look like a kindergartener now, I thought. "Oh cool."

"Yeah, she's like a little sister really. But I think she digs the J-man." I rolled my eyes, Jase had this weird habit of referring to himself in the third person.

"Hey!"

"Hey to you too Jase." I said, now confused.

"Not to you, to Cass." He pointed past my shoulders and I spun immediately. There she was in the flesh and blood. Today was wearing a little yellow summer dress and converses, I grinned and she looked at me blankly.

"Hey Jase," She looked past me, "Could you tell your friend to move? He's standing right infront of my locker." I took a step to the side considerately. Now I could feel my neck heating up. 

Was I blushing? Damn. 

She chatted lightly with Jase till he said goodbye. Then she continued putting stuff in her locker and looking puzzled at her timetable of classes.

"Hey Cass, I'm Andre, a good friend of Jase's actually." I introduced myself.

"It's Cassandra." She replied. I raised my eyebrows watching as she continued what she was doing, without making eye contact. "I remember you. You're also the guy who stares at me from measurable distances."

The way she said it signified the end of the conversation but I continued. "Yeah, sorry about that" I rubbed the back of my head. All the possible flattering, comebacks I knew had kapooted, I couldn't remember a single one.

What was I doing? This was the perfect opportunity! 

"I could make it up to you by taking you to you first class?" I offered.

"I've got a map. So no thanks." She said. "Plus, I don't walk around with guys who have sex with girls, dump them and make plays for the next living thing that breathes. Where I come from, we call them man-sluts."

Ouch, that hurt.

I knew Kelly had probably poisoned her against me already.

"Well if you say so." As I turned, I saw her expression change. She was suprised but looked sympathetic.

The plan was in action. 

I headed to the toilets to do a final appearance check, I knew the bell had rung about five minutes ago but I had spanish and everyone knew Senorita Georgez had a major thing for me. 

I came out of the bathroom and smiled at the result. There was Cass, eyebrows knitted together in concentration looking at the map by her locker, I guessed she was still looking for her first class. 

"Need a hand? Or am I still being labelled?" I commented. She blushed, which only seemed to make her look more beautiful.

"This is the crappiest map I've ever been handed. It's practically backwards." She complained. "And sorry about the name-calling."

I grinned, "No problem. I mean, you could always make it up by coming to starbucks after school with me."

"Don't push it hot guy." 

"So you think I'm hot?" She opened her mouth to justify her sentence but closed it just as quickly.

"Slip of the tongue." Cassandra muttered, "Can you take me to my class now?"

"But I'm still hot."

"Ye-No. No, stop confusing me."

"If you say so Cass." I shrugged, secretly happy. "This way."

"Cassandra." She corrected.

We wandered through the empty halls. Cass kept her distance and had her nose in the map trying to make sense of it.

"I won't bite you know."

"What?" She asked, looking up.

"You're standing over there like I'm a disease."

"Uh-"

"No problem, there's your class." I pointed towards Mr Benson's English class.

"Er, thanks.. Andrew."

"Andre." 

Cassandra burst out laughing and I looked at her flatly. "Sorry, I can be such a klutz!" She apologized, subduing her laughter.

Watching her laugh, brought a smile to my lips. "It's cool, but after being insulted three times, I think I deserve a proper heartfelt apology at starbucks, so see you there." I winked and walked away before she could argue.

♡☉♡☉♡

A/N; Ew. It's terribly short, I know. Sorry! D; -COMMENT&VOTE?