Ain't going down without a fi...

By ronniegodard

WINNER IN THE WATTYS 2013 :) Hailey is known as the hot headed kick boxer in the Smith family. Hayden isn't w... More

Character description
01 Chapter - Nothing I can't handle
02 Chapter - Remember, I'm always watching
03 Chapter - When you're playing with fire, you're gonna get burned
04 Chapter - The fearful are caught as often as the bold
05 Chapter - All the devils are here
06 Chapter - Betrayal is the only truth that sticks
07 Chapter - Broken then beaten
08 Chapter - Am I dreaming?
09 Chapter - Who lies for you will lie against you
10 Chapter - Crossed out
11 Chapter - The waiting game
12 Chapter - Looks can be deceiving
13 Chapter - What the hell is going on?
14 Chapter - So close yet so far away
15 Chapter - Cloud nine
16 Chapter - The rest, is silence
17 Chapter - Who is she?
19 Chapter - Betrayal does that, betrays the betrayer
20 Chapter - Secrets
21 Chapter - Fits in just like puzzle pieces
10.07.15

18 Chapter - Streaming water

592 18 0
By ronniegodard

Hailey's POV

Morning came around too quickly. I awoke to find Mia peacefully sleepy beside me. I look at her alarm clock and noticed it was eleven in the morning. I slowly and quietly get out of bed, not wanting to awaken her.

I went to the bathroom with my change of clothes and took a quick shower.

After I finished getting ready, I headed to her kitchen as halted when I saw her brother sitting on a stool just messing around with his phone.

I guess her must have felt a presence behind him because he turns around and gives me a small smile.

"Good morning." he greets me

"Morning, I thought Mia said you were at a friend's?" I question him.

"I left early this morning." was his response before his phone's chime grabbed his attention. He skimmed over it before taking a thoughtful glance at me and returned to his phone to probably answer the message.

I simply shrugged to myself before making breakfast for Mia and I.

Just as I was finishing plating our breakfast, she comes down dressed and everything takes a seat as far away from her brother. I mentally raise my brow because they have a tight-knit brother-sister relationship. Maybe they just had an argument that's all.

I send a questioning glance over at Mia, but she simply shrugs it off like it's no big deal. Alright then...

I gently place her food in front of her and she thanks me before diving her and making appreciative noise at the delicious food.

"So what are you girls doing today?" Greg asks us.

We both look at each other. I was going to pay Marty a visit today and I think Mia was hanging out with Luke?

"I'm hanging out with Luke today." Mia confirms my thoughts.

They both look over to me before I answer "I might take a short walk and then go see Marty at the gym for a visit. Haven't seen him in a while."

They both nod before returning to their previous actions.

I take a seat besides Mia and quickly eat up before putting it in the sink and picking up whatever I left out.

As soon as I was ready to go, I put on my sneakers and walked outside. It was quite mild today so I'm really happy I brought a jumper along with me.

I was just wandering around and decided to cut through the park nearby.

As I was walking by the jungle gym, I heard some crying. Seeing as I was a curious person by nature, I decided to check it out. I walk around to find Scarlett sitting on the ground, hugging herself as she cries.

"Scar?" I call out to catch her attention.

"Hailey? What are you doing here?" she asks me as she tries to get rid of the remaining tears on her face.

"I was walking when I heard someone crying... What's wrong?" seeing her in this state pains me. Even though I'm still mad at her, I couldn't help but to sit down beside and pull her body close to mine.

A few minutes pass by before she stops crying. She looks at me "Thank you." she tells me sincerely.

"No problem"

"Can we walk?" she asks, unsure of my answer.

"Why not?" I simply respond as we get up and make our way further in the park.

We stroll by trees in silence, admiring nature's beauty. I felt something brush against my hand and I quickly look over to see Scarlett blushing terribly and mumbling a quick sorry before putting some distance between us.

I hear my phone beep saying I got a text and I swiftly take it out and open it up.

From: Hamlet

"Better to have been three hours too soon than a minute too late"

I guess my confused and distraught expression alerts Scarlett as she snatches the phone from my grip. She visibly pales as she reads the text and her mood quickly changes, but she masks her exasperated expression.

"Who's Hamlet?" she asks me nonchalantly. Almost like she knew the answer...

"Just some guy Mia and I know..." I trail off hoping she'll buy it.

She takes a moment before nodding and continues walking.

"How are you?" she asks me after a few minutes of silence as we keep walking together.

"Okay, I guess... How about you?"

"I've been- same really." she quickly cuts herself off.

"I have a question if it's not too much trouble." I stop walking and look at her expectantly.

"Shoot" she bids me to continue.

"How do you really know Jessica, Scar?" I fire at her.

She looks at me, trying to think if she should tell me "You won't like the answer, Hailey."

"I don't care, I want to know." I tell her, slightly getting mad.

She sighs, but nods saying she'll tell me. "Alright, take a seat" she gestures to the park bench not far beside us.

We both take a seat before she starts her story.

Scarlett's POV

I guess I owe it to her. Anyways, here we go...

"I met her maybe a month before I met you. We were hanging out quite a lot and we have gotten close. She was telling me about this best friend that she had feelings for. At first, I thought she was talking about some guy, but nope, it was a girl." I pause to see her reaction. I see her slowly connecting the dots before I look of realization washes over her.

"Do you that she..." she trails off.

"Yes, she did. Anyways, I offered her comfort the following days because she was sad that the person she liked, liked someone else. She didn't tell me who though. A week went by and I finally saw her again, but she looked on the edge. She wasn't like herself at the time and she kept looking over her shoulder all the time. I asked her what was wrong, but she cut me off by kissing me." I stop once again to look at her. To say she looked shocked was an understatement. "I don't know why I did, but I kissed her back. I guess I kissed her out of pity maybe?" I say more as a question than an answer.

"But in the following weeks, it was awkward. She never spoke to me again after that and I learned from her neighbors that she had moved away that week." I take a break as I recall the memories in my head. "I was a little heartbroken, not because I had feelings for her, but because I had a real connection her. Like we sorta just clicked and got along and she was gone."

"Two weeks passed by and I met you." I look up to her. "And I didn't realize who you were until you told me about your best friend and how she treated you and just moved away. I don't think you noticed when I asked you what day she moved. Anyways, that's how I know her." I finish my story.

To say I felt guilty would be an understatement. I never told her this before, but I didn't think it would matter. I wait and wait, looking at her to see what she has to say, but she looks lost in thought.

My phone vibrates, telling me I have a new text message. I take it out and read it over carefully. Ugh, not her again. I put her under as bitch cause that's exactly what she is.

From: Bitch

Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind

What on earth is she trying to say?

Hailey's POV

I tried to wrap my head around this. The information slowly came in before I processed what had happened:

Jessica knew Scarlett before I did.

They never told me

She never told me she had feelings for me

She never told me she kissed her

She didn't know why she changed either

But that doesn't explain their hate for each other now?

I was about to ask her that, but something caught my eye near the stream. I slowly get up and make my way over there. When I can finally make out was it is I sprint towards it and scream loudly.

Lying near the ravine...

was

Jessica

dead.

________________________________________

Uh oh, what's going on? What's going to happen. 

Hope you're liking it!

-Ronnie :)x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 420 16
So theres this boy. The type that will never go for the nerd. Me. The type of boy with the dreamy eyes and the amazing pink lips; the popular boy. Th...
2.8K 120 12
Broken hearts aren't ever the easiest thing to have. Take Jai Brooks and Rachel Hutchen for example. They both have one thing in common. They were bo...
2.8K 307 40
65 girls. 13 districts. Five boys. Five winners. When five girls are picked from each of the thirteen districts to compete against each other to beco...