Shadow of the Night

By HannaFeatured

'Her heart beat fast as she ran through the woods, moonlight casting shadows of trees in her path. The only n... More

*AN*
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Bonus Chapter- Team 7
Bonus Chapter- Suna
Bonus Chapter- Nightmares
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 20

1.4K 52 21
By HannaFeatured

*over two years later

Babies suck.

This is the thought that constantly goes through my mind as I pull yet another kunai out of the little child's pudgy hands. Raising one here was also a challenge. Honestly, baby-proofing an Akatsuki hideout was near impossible.

"Kookie, come back!" The two year old payed no heed to my cooed words, instead choosing to stumble away from me, giggling happily. He had started to walk about two months ago, and now I could barely keep track of him. I scooped up the toddler, tickling his stomach.

My son was born healthy, with all his fingers and toes as I hoped. Aki had inherited his father's dark eyes and soft silver hair, although I assume all babies' hairs were soft.

I resumed my place at my desk, Aki curled in my lap. The cat, Miki, was sleeping in a cardboard box on the floor at my feet. For an unknown reason, Deidera and Tobi had brought it back from an outing. The weirdos. I shook my head at the memory, then turned my attention to the notebook paper for the fourth time that evening.

Kakashi,

Aki had gotten so big, you wouldn't believe it. He really takes after you, with that silver hair. I can't help but think of you every time I look at him. The little monster is getting up to all sorts of mischief, trying to play with dangerous weapons already! He's going to be a great shinobi someday. Earlier today, I caught Deidera trying to show him how to throw a shuriken. That idiot needed stitches after I was done with him.

I'm sorry I haven't written in so long, there's so much I want to tell you. Aki said his first word a few months ago. I was talking to Itachi about Konoha, and he must've been listening. He said 'Home'. I almost cried I was so proud, and sad. I really want to come home. To see you again. I miss you so much Kashi. I know you'd want to meet your son, too. He speaks a lot more now, It's really cute. Walks too!

*second page

Also, Kashi, the search for my old clan is going quite slowly. Those shitheads are very good at hiding, they've been doing it for years. Raiden is also no one to mess with. If I could get my chakra back, things might be different, but my little brother still has it sealed within him. I have a pretty fucked up family don't I? So as not to put you or anyone else I love in danger, I must eliminate Raiden before returning to the Leaf. It's hard to plot an execution when you're frantically running around after Akatsuki members, though.

Crap, Kookie is getting into my ninja tool bag again. Gotta go! I hope everything is great back home, tell Naruto I say hi. He should be coming home soon, right?

I miss you more than the stars miss the moon

Lots of Love,

Kari

I smiled, finishing one of my many unsent letters to Kakashi. It had started as a pregnancy journal, me documenting each week so that Kakashi could read it later. After Aki was born, I'd started writing him letters. It was difficult to write regularly, since caring for a child and dangerous S-ranked criminals was hard work. I wanted so badly to send the letters, but I couldn't. That would just make it worse.

Miki jumped on the desk, scattering my papers and scaring the shit out of me. He was a sweet cat, with soft black fur, and lots of patience, which is invaluable when dealing with a toddler. However he really could make a mess of my desk.

Aki really was trying to unfasten my ninja pouch, so I quickly crossed the room to prevent any injury. Glancing at the clock, I decided now would be a good time to start making dinner. My role as chef had greatly enhanced my cooking abilities, and even Sasori had commented on this. I smiled at the memory as I left my room.

Itachi's POV

I was walking down the dark hallway when a sharp whistle caught my attention. It had come from Hikari's room.

Entering, I noticed that Hikari and Aki were gone, possibly to make dinner. The only present occupant was Katsumi, sitting stiffly upright on her bed. Also that insufferable cat, who loves me for some reason.

"Can you deliver something for me? With a crow summon?" She never was much for easing into conversations.

"Depends. What is it?" I answered coolly.

Katsumi stood and walked to the desk Hikari could be seen pouring over at all times of the day. The emotionless girl plucked a sheet of paper from the top of the stack and held it out to me. It was the second half of a letter written today.

"Send this? To Kakashi? Why? Hikari always says she won't send him anything. She doesn't want him to know about Aki yet."

Katsumi looked down. "I know, but this page doesn't say anything about her son. It isn't clear about who Aki is. I think... if I understand love... he would want to know where she is, that she's safe, and her plans on returning home."

I raised one eyebrow at the girl. "Are you trying to understand feelings?" She nodded. "Well, I think you are correct. I think we should send this to Hatake."

A crow materialized on my shoulder, ready to deliver the note.

Kakashi's POV

The village was peaceful today. It was early morning, and not a lot of people were out. I sat on the windowsill in my apartment, watching the rising sun. Naruto should be returning. Soon, if not today. I had hoped Hikari would suddenly appear, in time to greet him. So far I'd been wrong.

A small black dot appeared on the horizon, steadily growing larger until I could make out it's shape. The black crow landed next to me, a small scroll tied to its foot. The crow faded into nothing as soon as I unrolled the piece of paper:

Hatake,

We are taking good care of Hikari, don't worry. She is safe.

Itachi

Hikari? I flipped the note, and immediately recognized the woman's handwriting. My heart swelled as I read her words. She was safe, and had a valid reason for being gone. Even if I wasn't happy about it, her staying with Akatsuki members and all. And who was Kookie? Surely she didn't give a powerful rouge ninja a pet name so childish. The note raised even more questions than it answered.

The smile slid off my face as I remembered Naruto. He'll be heartbroken when he hears.

******************************

Now was my chance. Since Sakura was here, I hoped Naruto wouldn't go ballistic.

"Um, Naruto, About Hikari..." I couldn't meet his hopeful blue eyes. "She left the leaf village. About five months after you left with Jiraiya."

Naruto's eyes dropped, filling with tears. "First Sasuke, now Hika-sensei... Why are they all leaving me?" His fist clenched, and I felt a dangerous spike in his chakra. The boy turned and whispered "I need to be alone for a while."

Sakura and I watched as Naruto walked away.

3rd Person POV

Raiden was furious. This was a normal occurrence these days. Hikari seemed evasive as ever, and it had been over two years!

The tall man, graying from stress, stormed up the stairs. Time to let off steam in his favorite way.

The door banged open, and the little boy jumped. Raiden loved to beat the crackers out of Hikari's brother, who still had her chakra sealed within his person. His eyes, so like hers, gave Raiden satisfaction. If he couldn't see the fear in Hikari's eyes, this was the next best thing. especially since Katsumi had jumped ship, the brat.

Today, Raiden was feeling particularly violent. He went to work, smashing the nine year old's head with ring adorned knuckles. The blood was pumping in Raiden's ears, and flowing out of the boy's head. When the Shizuka leader realized the kid was no longer moving, he jumped off the small body.

Raiden checked for a pulse. There was none.

Miles away, Hikari gasped, the feeling of her chakra rushing back almost euphoric.

*AN

Aw, now I'm sad. I killed off Kenji. I even gave him a name that was never used. Maybe it'll come up later. Anyways, here's a long chapter. Hopefully it was okay

Also yes I stole Aki's nickname from bts because it's cute and Jungkook is my bias

-Hanna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
146K 3.6K 28
(Y/N) has been gone for years, not knowing why. All of her memories had been erased from all the time she had went missing; nothing but old memories...
1.3K 76 15
꧁Obito Uchiha x Kakashi Hatake , Modern AU꧂ ➪Obito Uchiha is just a regular person. Nothing special really. He has a younger sister and two older bro...
361K 14.1K 80
(Y/n) (L/n), once a ordinary girl, living her life in the city of Queens, New York, will soon, and literally, get hit with a life altering expiernce...