When your Crush becomes your...

By its_a_love_story

Prologue My name is Marie, Im 18, single, 3rd year student taking up business administration major in marketi... More

When your Crush becomes your Bestfriend
CHAPTER 1: First impressions first
CHAPTER 2: The Second time around
CHAPTER 3: English Fest
CHAPTER 4: When hate HATE turns to CRUSH
CHAPTER 5: Start of the second semester
CHAPTER 6: Campus Musician's Society
CHAPTER 7: A Text and a chat from crush
CHAPTER 9: A little more closer with crush
CHAPTER 10: When your Crush becomes your Bestfriend
Suggestions please?!

CHAPTER 8: A Concert for a Cause

20 0 0
By its_a_love_story

CHAPTER 8: A Concert for a Cause

Time runs so fast and its December, the last month of the year and only a few months before my senior year. I was a former part of the Campus Musicians as a trainee, since I had just joined the club.

A few months ago, I was invited by Mike to watch their concert, but now I was actually part of the concert even though I was just a trainee. I was one of the people who chose their song pieces, I was also part of the technical group and the registration group, I was surprised by realizing I hadn't really met all of the members of the club and this would be the first ever official meeting that I will have with them.

1 week before the concert Mike asked me to be an audience during the concert, he said that it would be better for me to watch them perform so that I could pick up some styles and uniqueness , timing and everything, to make my skills better. I pondered on what he said, so I decided why not? I could just ask Sir S to consider it.

I already bought a ticket for myself, at first I thought it was for souvenir, but then later on, it become an opportunity for me to be cheering for Mike since I could be in the audience, but unfortunately I hadn't have the time to ask Sir S, because we are so busy for the preparation of the concert. The concert's objective is to raise funds for the upcoming "Give love on Christmas day program " for the less fortunate kids that was being donated by our college. So basically, this is not for us but for those kids who hasn't had a lot for them.

Days passed quickly and we all feel giddy and excited about it. I went home after my class to take some rest and prepare myself but then Sir S texted me

"Ems (its how he calls me)...

Ems, you don't have to be here early, just rest and take your time..

Thanks for helping us, you may enjoy yourself and watch the concert.

you're free to do whatever you want! As per requested by your co-members, its their gift for you .. Take Care!! - Sir S"

Oh my gosh, is this some kind of a joke? I never thought it'll happen like this. I don't know what to reply so I just texted him:

Thanks sir! I'll be there at 6

-me

And so I just rested and opened my FB account and updated my status

........................................................................

Good Luck to all the ROCKSTARS!

I'll be cheering for you tonight!

We'll gonna be rocking the night out!!

...........................................................................

Which was immediately liked by 127 people consisting of my bffs, classmates and etc

Mae commented "you're not performing????!!!!! "

I replied "Yep! I was still a trainee remember?"

Mae: "You're unbelievable!!!!!!!! I bought a ticket for nothing?"

Me: "Nope! you bought a ticket to help the less fortunate"

Mae: "oh yeah! as if I care! Duh.. whatever!!"

Then I logged off my account and slept until 4 pm, and by 5 pm I was dressed with a black and white striped tube top, short fitted black pencil skirt and a long black leather cardigan, with matching black doll shoes and a black side bag plus my silver guitar necklace and silver dot earrings. I did my hair in a braided updo then put on some smokey eye make-up and some lip-gloss then I was good to go.

Before I went to the concert I posted my picture with a caption( I took a picture of myself when I was good to go)

"Hi! Rock stars! see you there!

I'm on my way! Good luck to all!

I'll be there yelling and cheering!"

tagged : Mike, zed, and the others

Which was liked by 571 people, including Mike, he also commented..

Mike: Thanks! See you then Maria

Me: Sure thing! See you there!

Mike: yeah! \m/

Then I looked at my watch and it read 5:31 so without looking at my cellphone, I went out and headed back to our school.

As I arrived there, I could hear the sounds of the guitars being tested, I could also hear some giggles coming from the freshmen and the sophomores, the microphone testing, and Mr. Spidey's yells to the people at work...

I could feel my heart beating so fast because i'd surely be watching Mike perform tonight, I just hope that I wont be fainting later.. Yeah I know, I must be exaggerating, but I kinda feel like fainting now, because as I approach the seats, I could see Mike waving at me from the stage, he was actually testing the instruments if it's working the way they needed it to..

I waved at him too.. And Gosh, he's smiling at me, I kinda feel like vanishing in thin air.. And then i was distracted when I heard my name being called through a microphone.. I looked around and saw Zed asking me to sit on the front row near the center aisle of the audience's seat..

I felt relieved when I saw Mae sitting near my seat, so I immediately went there and sat..

"This is exciting!!" Mae squealed, like this was her first time going in an event like this..

"Yeah? I guess?!" I said while rolling my eyes..

"Hey! What's with the face?" She asked..

"Nevermind!" I said grumpily, I was actually nervous.. I was just hiding it through being grumpy..

"Fine! Anyways... I like your outfit!! Come here let's take a pic!!" Mae said

"Oh, sure" i said while posing..

We did a lot of pictures, took some selfie at our seat, then another pic facing the audience with the stage as our background, then have a picture with zed, then with Mr. Spidey and Mike with the other members..

I immediately posted at facebook..

............................

Here we go!!

Let the head banging begin!!

Rockers! Here we go!!!

Tagging all the members of the club with a selfie of me and the stage as my background..

................

And before I could see who liked my post, the concert started...

The first to perform is one of the girl band in the campus musicians ministry, they are called " Las Chiccas" which mean the girls, the group consists of 5 members, a vocalist, a drummer, a violinist, a bassist, and a guitarist.. They played the song " a night to remember" which is one of the theme songs of the well known movie the Highschool Musical...

As the song started, cheers and yells of pre-teens could be heard, and I swear I could feel my eardrums almost exploding, and as the chorus approaches the crowd went wild... Yeah, the usual concert thingy, except the thing I feel, I don't usually feel nervous and anxious during a concert and i feel like fainting. You know, i just hate feeling i mean expecting or something...

Then minutes passed, it went with a blurr... I looked at my watch and it read 11:50 pm, Oh my gosh!! I did expect that time would fly so fast, I mean, it hadn't been a few minutes but almost 6 hours?! And it went just a blurr?, are you kidding me??.. This is so unbelieveble.. As i was pondering, I heard a familiar sound of a guitar, I told myself: oh good! Another performance, but I wasn't expecting that it would be a solo performance...

I looked up and saw a boy in black, I mean black leather shoes, black skinny pants, black v-neck shirt, black leather jacket and black shades, plus silver knuckles, silver chain necklace, silver ear piercings and a black and white electric guitar... Then it spoke..

"Hi there! People!!.. I would like you all to please calm down.." He said while strumming some familiar sounds in his guitar..

It took a few minutes before the crowd settled, i could feel the excitement overflowing from the crowd, and i felt worse.. My heart beats faster than normal, i could feel chills from my back and it stiffened, my hands are a bit cold and sweaty, my head is a little spinny, i almost couldn't hear anything at all... Then he spoke again..

"Uhm.. Hi guys!.. I just want to dedicate this song to my special someone.. Uhm, this song somewhat speaks whats on my mind... This special someone.. I met her, yeah she's a girl (you could hear girl squeals and hoots from thew crowd) .. This girl was just a normal girl, but there's something special about her, she's clumsy, she's funny,.. And it seems like she's everywhere I go.. Uhm.. I don't actually know what I really feel from her..."

"Oh my god!! He's talking about you!!" Mae whispered at me, her eyes glued on the stage...

"I hope she likes it.. " He continued with a sweet smile, not his full smile but there's something about it, it means something but unexplainable.. " Share with me the blankets that you're wrapped in....."

Oh my gosh! Its my favorite band the Secondhand serenade! And the song is titled "Vulnerable".. I like that song!.. Then he continued singing..

"Because it's cold outside, cold outside, it's cold outside

Share with me the secrets that you kept in

Because it's cold inside, cold inside, it's cold inside..

And you're slowly shaking finger tips

Show that you're scared like me so

Let's pretend we're alone

And I know you may be scared

And I know we're unprepared

But I don't care

[Chorus:]

Tell me, tell me

What makes you think that you are invincible?

I can see it in your eyes that you're so sure

Please don't tell me that I'm the only one that's vulnerable

Impossible

I was born to tell you I love you

Isn't that a song already?

I get a B in originality

And it's true I can't go on without you

Your smile makes me see clearer

If you could only see in the mirror what I see

Slow down girl -- you're not going anywhere

Just wait around and see

Maybe I am much more you never know what lies ahead

I promise I can be anyone, I can be anything

Just because you were hurt doesn't mean you shouldn't bleed

I can be anyone, anything, I promise I can be what you need..."

I was mesmerized, I was dazed... I hadn't even realized that the song has ended.. After a few strums, he lifted his shades, revealing his eyes... And oh-my-freaking-self!! It was Mike!, i mean it was freaking Mike!! Stupid me!, why I hadn't know about it? Why didn't I see that it was him?!! What the hell!?

The crowd went wild! There are shouts of cheer and the like!.. I hear girls scream : marry me now!... Oh I love you!... We love yah!!!... And so on and so forth...

What i wasn't expecting is that, he put off his guitar then went down the stage and was accompanied by Mr. Spidey..

"Ok guys! We have some surprise here!! Go, put out your tickets.. You'll see different combinations of numbers... Ok.. Here's the deal.. We'll draw lots and numbers will be picked... Whomever it is will get a surprise gift"... Said Mr Spidey...

As he spoke, I looked at my ticket and my digits read 071213.. Then I saw mike take a pick clumsily from a round glass bowl...

He then slowly opened the folded paper and read:

" This number is The Lucky one, if i may call it.. " he winked at the crowd..

I held my breath, i was half expecting that it wouldn't be me and the other half saying it could be me... So instead of expecting and be depressed, I just looked around and saw people around me, specially the girls all looked hopeful, excited and nervous.. I smirked at them..

"The lucky one would be holding the ticket number.. 0.... 7.... 1....." As mike speak.. I turned to see dumbfounded girls who hoped to be called, some slowly sat as Mike continued calling the numbers...

" 2.... 1....3... I repeat ticket number 071213" He awkwardly said..

I heard a scream near me.. I was shocked to see that it was Mae.. I felt envious but then she screamed at me..

"Oh my God!!!! Very lucky!!!"..

Then Mr Spidey spoke again.

"Whomever got the number 071213 please come here near the stage"

Then Mae scolded me..

" well.. Aren't you gonna walk? You should be heading there right now!!"

"Who?.. Me??" I asked irritably..

"Who else should it be?" She said with a duh- look

Then I realized Me?.. Holy crap! Is this for real?.. Then I was pushed out my seat... So i walked slowly.. I heard Mae shouted She got it!!!, i looked back at her and she was excitedly pointing at me..

The before i look at my front, a hand slowly guided me, and i turned to my left ,,it was Zed... As we were walking Mr. Spidey spoke again

"The lucky one will get an awesome gift from our Best rocker Mr Popular and our main member and co-founder.. Yeah! ".. The crowd roared...

It was so loud... I feel dizzy.. I was in complete shock.....

Mr Spidey continued..

" ok! Calm down!!! Calm down!!... Mike will be hers for a week.. And a romantic date before the Christmas break and she'll get a special music video with Mike and the band.. A special limited couple Tshirt.. And a lot of pictures (scrapbook).... "..

Everyone squealed.. They all love it..

Wait what? They love it? Date? What? Hers?? What the heck?!!

As i arrived at the stage.. Mike smiled at me.. He said

"Took you long enough just to get in here huh?.. Guess you're shocked?" And before i could answer..

"I was.. Too.." He smiled ..

I could feel the cameras snapping at us.. Argh! I was lucky enough that I chose to be dressed up today or else, id look like crap on the schools newspaper and websites after this!!!

Mike then slowly grabbed my hand and kissed the back of my palm...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 171 36
Christina has had her life figured out for as long as she could remember. The plan was always to get into Harvard and become a journalist. So what if...
Crush By McchaVieka

Teen Fiction

244 3 18
In the first, Dave has a crush on Marie in the first day of school. He won't give up on her forever. Once, the truth was brought to Marie as she was...
33.3K 1.1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
929 38 7
So I read this fic ages ago but it wasn't complete and it hadn't been updated since 2014 and I really want to finish it so I decided to finish it mys...