CHAPTER 8: A Concert for a Cause

Time runs so fast and its December, the last month of the year and only a few months before my senior year. I was a former part of the Campus Musicians as a trainee, since I had just joined the club.

A few months ago, I was invited by Mike to watch their concert, but now I was actually part of the concert even though I was just a trainee. I was one of the people who chose their song pieces, I was also part of the technical group and the registration group, I was surprised by realizing I hadn't really met all of the members of the club and this would be the first ever official meeting that I will have with them.

1 week before the concert Mike asked me to be an audience during the concert, he said that it would be better for me to watch them perform so that I could pick up some styles and uniqueness , timing and everything, to make my skills better. I pondered on what he said, so I decided why not? I could just ask Sir S to consider it.

I already bought a ticket for myself, at first I thought it was for souvenir, but then later on, it become an opportunity for me to be cheering for Mike since I could be in the audience, but unfortunately I hadn't have the time to ask Sir S, because we are so busy for the preparation of the concert. The concert's objective is to raise funds for the upcoming "Give love on Christmas day program " for the less fortunate kids that was being donated by our college. So basically, this is not for us but for those kids who hasn't had a lot for them.

Days passed quickly and we all feel giddy and excited about it. I went home after my class to take some rest and prepare myself but then Sir S texted me

"Ems (its how he calls me)...

Ems, you don't have to be here early, just rest and take your time..

Thanks for helping us, you may enjoy yourself and watch the concert.

you're free to do whatever you want! As per requested by your co-members, its their gift for you .. Take Care!! - Sir S"

Oh my gosh, is this some kind of a joke? I never thought it'll happen like this. I don't know what to reply so I just texted him:

Thanks sir! I'll be there at 6

-me

And so I just rested and opened my FB account and updated my status

........................................................................

Good Luck to all the ROCKSTARS!

I'll be cheering for you tonight!

We'll gonna be rocking the night out!!

...........................................................................

Which was immediately liked by 127 people consisting of my bffs, classmates and etc

Mae commented "you're not performing????!!!!! "

I replied "Yep! I was still a trainee remember?"

Mae: "You're unbelievable!!!!!!!! I bought a ticket for nothing?"

Me: "Nope! you bought a ticket to help the less fortunate"

Mae: "oh yeah! as if I care! Duh.. whatever!!"

Then I logged off my account and slept until 4 pm, and by 5 pm I was dressed with a black and white striped tube top, short fitted black pencil skirt and a long black leather cardigan, with matching black doll shoes and a black side bag plus my silver guitar necklace and silver dot earrings. I did my hair in a braided updo then put on some smokey eye make-up and some lip-gloss then I was good to go.