2nd Chance: Book 2 (PJO/HoO F...

By SuzyQ_

(WARNING! THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO MOVING ON!) Everyone is destined for greater things; therefore death can't st... More

Prologue
1. I Think That's TOO Much Power
2. I Have The Worst Mission Ever
3. Stuck In The Past
4. Messing Up BIG TIME
5. First Attack Doesn't Go As Planned
6. Isn't It Fun To Get Tortured?
7. Is It 'Let's Reveal Percy's Identity' Day Already?
8. Family Reunions Save My Life
9. Dating My Best Friend? Nah...
10. Man Down!
11. Rachel Elizabeth Dare
12. Let's Play The Identity Game
13. There's A New Guy in Town
14. Questions in The Forest
15. Spies Happen to Reveal Dark Secrets
16. Must Have Some Order in Love
17. Problems Can Wait; Marriage Comes First
18. A Not so Happy "Destroyer of Universes"
19. Please, Don't Hurt Me
20. Locating My Big Brother
22. OOPS! I Pulled Out The Ring!
23. Is It THAT Deadly?
24. I Talk To Invisible Men, But I'm Not Crazy
25. Galen Is Now Important
26. The Cost of Victory
Epilogue
3rd Book?!

21. Avengers? I Think Not

4.5K 112 62
By SuzyQ_

P E R C Y

I woke up with an unpleasant surprise. I winced as my chest burned with cuts and marks. I struggled to get up, but when I did, I instantly regretted it. I must've forgotten that my leg was broken. How? I don't know. Anyways, I fell to the floor with a cry for help. I groaned as my chest felt immense pain. I tried again to sit up. This time I didn't bother getting up. I just sat on the floor, leaning on my bed.

"Percy?" The door opened and two heads peeked in.

"The one and only..." I said, motioning them to come in.

Rose and Luke came and locked the door behind them. Luke helped me stand up,"Let's get you to the bathroom."

...

After they helped patch me up, we exited the bathroom. I snapped my fingers, changing into purple converse, black jeans, and a pink plaid shirt. Luke smirked, but said nothing.

"What are we going to do? I mean. We can't just let this happen forever." Rose said, crossing her arms.

I shrugged,"What else can we do? Nothing. Let's just hope that when we defeat Order, it'll go away."

"We can only pray now." Luke said,"But, wouldn't it be smart to tell Chaos?"

"You're probably right, but Chaos already has a lot on his hands. I don't wanna pressure him more with all of my problems." I told them.

"It's not my secret to tell, but I would still tell him. He could help. I'm pretty sure you're always his first priority. No matter what the situation is." Rose said.

I blushed,"Let's just go eat." I mumbled, walking out of the room.

Luke chuckled behind me,"You know it's true!"

"Whatever." I told him. I knew that was true. He had told me before. He still continues to tell me this anytime he knows I'm hiding something big. It's embarrassing really. I mean. He treats me like I'm the Queen of England.

As we exited the cabin, the sunlight hit me in the face. I squinted and made a face. I summoned some shades and put them on.

"Stupid summers. Always so hot." I muttered.

"Stop that Percy. You don't wanna raise Apollo's ego more." Jason said, catching up to us.

I smiled,"I guess your right. He already has a big ego."

As if on cue, it got much hotter,"Curse you, Apollo." I said,"I'm tempted to summon an umbrella."

They all laughed,"Go ahead. Just make it big enough for all of us." Luke said.

I punched his shoulder,"No way idiot. It'll make us look stupid. They'll think we're secretly vampires."

"So, Percy. I see your still in the pink and purple mood." Michael said, also running over to us.

I struck a pose,"Uh, yeah! I mean, I think I look beautiful in pink. It's my color, for sure."

They all burst out laughing,"I thought black was your color? It made you look dangerous. Pink makes you look like a...a teddy bear." He said, laughing.

I pouted,"I am not a teddy bear!"

Rose pinched my cheeks,"Yes you are!"

I slapped her hand away,"I hate all of you."

"Aw, but you know you love us!" Jason said, giving me a hug.

"No I dont! I love food! Stop stalling me and let me eat, please!" I said moving towards the pavilion. They followed behind me.

"Race you!" Luke yelled, taking off. I ran after him,"No fair! That's cheating!" I turned into my wolf form and used my super speed I got from Hermes to pass him. Once I was in front of him, I turned back into a human and literally jumped in one of chairs.

Luke glared at me as he entered, panting,"You're a cheater! That doesn't count!"

I smiled innocently,"You didn't set any rules beforehand."

He punched my shoulder,"Jerk."

I shrugged,"You cheated first."

"Ladies, ladies! Calm down!" Zoë said, already sitting at the table with Bianca, Beckendorf, and Silena.

I glared at her,"I'll have you know, I am a MAN! That's the girl." I said pointing at Luke.

Bianca raised an eyebrow,"Are you sure?"

I had just now realized I was sitting next to Bianca. I glared playfully at her,"Yes I am. I am actually suppose to be 28, so yes I am a man." I stopped and shivered,"Oh my gods! I'm so old!"

Beckendorf smirked,"That's what growing up means Percy. Besides, you're still somewhat young. At least your not 30!"

"Still! I don't wanna grow up!" I stated.

"It's not like you do. Percy, you literally have the mental mind of a 5 year old when we're not fighting, and when we are, you have the mind of 40 year old." Rose said, sitting down beside me.

I pursed my lips,"Yeah, I guess you're-wait. A 5 year old? I am not that childish. Am I?"

They all nodded,"Yeah..."

I rolled my eyes and looked at my empty plate. Some food suddenly appeared with just one thought. I filled my cup with some blue Fanta. I told some of my cheesiest jokes to them making the whole table groan in protests. I took a sip of my drink ready to say another joke, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around along with the rest of the table.

"So, you decide to take Hazel on a secret underwater mission and not invite me?" Will said with crossed arms.

"Uh, I wasn't really planning on taking her to fight, but yeah?" I said awkwardly, rubbed the back of my neck.

"I'm just kidding with you, Percy. You're dad wanted you to know he was taking Triton back down to his palace. He didn't want you to freak out when he was gone." He informed me, giving me a smile.

I smiled back,"Thanks Will. I'll make sure to invite you next time I go on a secret mission."

He chuckled,"Nothing with disgusting poop monsters, please."

I laughed,"I don't wanna deal with that either."

"See ya!" He said, walking back to his table.

"Bye."

Breakfast was soon over. I got up and was about to leave when someone grabbed my arm. I looked to see Bianca. Her face was red as she whispered in my ear,"Can I, um, talk to you?"

"Sure. What about?" I asked her, confusion written all over my face.

"Something important. Can we go somewhere private?" She said, looking at the floor.

"Yeah, of course." I told her. I saw Silena looking pretty smug behind her. Uh oh.

Luke nudged me,"This is your moment. Don't mess up!" He walked away, laughing.

I rolled my eyes,"Whatever." I grabbed her hand and teleported us to the forest.

I let go of her hand and walked about,"So what do you need to tell me? I have something to tell you, too." I said nervously. It's now or never, right?

"You can go first." She said.

"Ladies first, my dear." I told her.

"Um well." She shifted slightly,"You know when you caught me and James?" I frowned, feeling that nasty feeling again. I nodded,"Well uh, I wasn't really kissing him. He kinda came on me. I don't like him like that." I heart lifted. She doesn't like him. Great, but why is she telling me this,"I like someone else." My hope was crushed.

"Really? And who might that be?" I said, trying to sound happy. I didn't know if it worked or not.

"Well I like, uh...you?" She said, looking everywhere, but my eyes.

I felt butterflies in my stomach and a smile broke out on my face. She actually likes me? I would've never imagined this moment actually happening,"That's great news," Her eyes snapped up to mine,"because I was gonna ask if you wanted to go out with me. So, Bianca Di Angelo, would you like to go on a date with me?"

She smiled at me, relief obvious in her eyes,"Yes. Yes I will."

I smirked,"I hope you're prepared for the cheesiest date of your entire life."

She giggled,"Oh I'm prepared."

I held her hand and teleported us back,"We could either go tomorrow at seven or wait until after the war. Which one do you want?"

"Whichever works for you." She said.

I rolled my eyes,"Really?" She shrugged,"Fine. Be ready tomorrow, ok?"

She grinned,"Deal."

"There are my favorite two lovebirds!" Luke said, wrapping an arm around me,"So did anything...exciting...happen?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know." I said, walking towards the infirmary.

"Finally!" Luke yelled, jumping in the air,"Did you two get together? Are you going on a date?" We said nothing,"You are?! Finally! My little baby is growing up so fast!" He said ruffling my hair, laughing.

I rolled my eyes,"I'm not a baby. And yes we very much are."

"See ya later." Bianca said, walking in our cabin.

"So Percy. What do you have planned?" Luke asked, walking backwards in front of me.

"That's none of your business." I said, laughing at his excitement.

We entered the infirmary. Rose was sitting in a chair, reading a book,"Hey, guys."

"Hey, Rose. Care to take a trip in the mortal world with me?" I asked her.

Luke shook his fingers,"Cheating already, Percy? Come on."

"I'm not cheating. She's the most organized person here. Plus, I can show her around Manhattan. She hasn't been down to Earth for hundreds of years." I said, flicking his head.

"Ok, ok! Sorry!" He said, putting his hands up in surrender.

I rolled my eyes and teleported us both into the city. I walked down the sidewalk with my hands stuffed in my pockets,"Well, come on! I'll show you around before asking for your help."

So for the past 10 minutes I showed her around Manhattan. We were just about arriving our destination when she pointing up,"What's that building?"

I looked at what she pointing. It was a big tower with the letter A imprinted on it. I raised an eyebrow,"I don't know. Was that there last time I was here?" I looked around before something caught my eye. A little kid no older then 6 had a shirt with the same letter, playing with figurines,"Follow me." I looked both ways before crossing the road.

"Hey kid." I said approaching him and his parents.

The parents looked at us warily and pulled him closer to them,"Do you need something?"

I put my hands up,"I come in peace. I mean no harm. I just wanna ask a question."

They nodded,"Ok. Go ahead."

"What is the significance of the A? Is it something important?" I asked them.

They looked at me weirdly,"Really? Have you been living under a rock for the past couple of months?"

"Yeah..." I said, rubbing the back of my neck,"I'm a very busy man."

The boy jumped up,"Its the Avengers! They saved the world from aliens!"

"Ah. Superheroes." I nodded,"Well I guess that answers our question Rose. One more question though. Is it possible to go up in the tower?"

The father shook his head,"You can enter the first 10, but from then on you aren't allowed."

I smiled,"Thank you."

I walked towards the tower,"I know what we're doing Rose."

She walked beside me warily,"I don't think-"

"Oh come on! Perfect date! Right on the top floor of that tower. Please!" I whined.

"Fine, but only because I don't want you to be lonely forever. She'll leave you if you make a bad first impression."

"Thank you, Rosey!"

"Don't call me that." She growled.

I laughed, entering the building. I walked up to the counter and asked the man politely,"May I have the key to the top floor?"

The man didn't look up,"Sorry, you're not allowed up there."

I frowned,"Has your mother taught you nothing about manners? You should always look at the person you're talking to in the eye."

He looked at me, annoying,"You're not allowed on the top floor." He gritted out.

"Please? I mean, I'm harmless! Just an innocent teenager wanting to take a girl out on a date." I said, silently and sneakily snapping my fingers.

His eyes unfocused,"Of course." He handed me a card key,"Make sure nobodies with you."

I smirked in delight,"Thank you, sir."

Rose shook her head,"You're taking advantage of this now."

I scoffed,"When have I not?" I walked in the elevator and swiped the card clicking the top button. After a while of pacing the box, tapping my fingers and complaining, the doors opened. The sight amazed me. This was like a completely high tech room. Computers here, projects there, weird armor over there. It was like a dream come true.

Rose nudged me,"We have guests." I looked in her direction seeing the same. A group of men with three girls stood from their previous positions. I felt a godly aura from the one holding a hammer. Maybe Hephaestus in a disguise? But why is he here? With mortals?

"Who are you and what are you doing up here?" The blond one said. He looked well build like he trained every day. He took the role of a commander for sure. I could tell by the commanding tone in his voice.

I smiled and waved,"Hi! I'm Percy. Nice place you have here. It looks nice. How much if I want to rent it?"

The other blond shifted, looking at me wearily,"You are not mortal."

I gazed at him,"Neither are you. You have a godly aura, but I don't recognize you. Who are you?"

"I should be the one asking that seeing as you are intruding in our headquarters." He replied, griping his hammer.

"Ah. Yes your right, but you see, I'm not allowed to reveal myself. Δεν επιτρέπεται από όπου κατάγομαι . Αυτό που ο Θεός είσαι; Δεν είναι Έλληνες , ούτε ρωμαϊκή." I asked, changing from English to Greek. Hopefully he understands. (Not permitted where I come from. What God are you? There are Greek or Roman)

He raised an eyebrow,"Fluent I see."

I smirked,"If only you knew."

He stuck out his hand,"Thor, God of Thunder from Asgard. These is my friends Tony, Steve, Natasha, Clint, Pepper, Bruce, and Wanda. I see you're not from around here. Are you from Greece?"

I shook his hand. Just before he let go, I sent a large amount of electricity flowing through him. He instantly let go. He looked at me funny,"No I'm not from Greece, and I guess you can say that. Anyways, back to the question. How much for a rent?"

"This place isn't for rent. This is a headquarter. A base. You can't rent it. Sorry kid. You two should head out before we have to use force." The Tony guy said.

I was amused,"Force. Is that a Star Wars reference?"

He gritted his teeth,"Can I kill him now? Maybe he's evil. I mean, how can he get past the guard?"

"He has his ways, and please don't kill him. We need him. Just to let you know, he's not evil." Rose said.

Thor narrowed his eyes at me,"Είσαι ένας γιος του Δία ; Δεν χρειάζεται να κρύψει την ταυτότητά σας . Ξέρω ότι για τους Έλληνες θεούς." My eyes widened. (You're a son of Zeus? No need to hide your identity. I know that about the Greek gods)

"Thor." Bruce said, elbowing him,"Stop talking gibberish and start talking English.

I nodded,"He knows, Rose. How about we kill him and roast him?"

All Hades broke lose as everyone basically took out theirs weapons aiming it at us,"Woah guys calm down. I was just joking." I turned to Thor again,"Όχι δεν είμαι ο γιος του Δία . Είμαι γιος του Ποσειδώνα." (No, I'm the son of Zeus. I am a son of Poseidon)

He opened his mouth, but I stopped him,"Heir to Chaos."

His eyes widened as he kneeled,"Sorry for the misunderstanding. Stay for as long as you please, my lord."

I grimaced,"Oh gosh please no. No bowing. No lord. I told you. The names Percy Jackson."

Thor stood and smacked his head,"I knew I heard that name somewhere. I just knew it."

Wanda stared at me intensely. I raised an eyebrow. Before I knew it, her hand glowed purple, and it hit me in the head.

R O S E

Percy stumbled back. I caught him,"Percy?!" I glared at the girl. Her scream was full of terror. My eyes softened. She clutched her head and stumbled. Pepper caught her, asking if she was alright. Everyone crowded her. Her eyes were wild as she stared at us. Her hands covered her mouth. Thor grabbed her hand,"Wanda. Listen to me. You mustn't tell anyone what you just saw. Not even me. People would kill if they found out. Understood?"

Wanda didn't respond,"Wanda." She shook out of her gaze and nodded.

Percy awoke disoriented,"What the..." He realized what happened and glared at the girl,"So. You think just because you have powers you can play mind games with people, huh? Well it's not cool. Learn to control it. Learn to control your powers, your urge to use it like I did. Honestly, I came here, so I could rent the place out for tomorrow night, so I could take a girl out on a date. That's all I want, but I always run into trouble. Curse the fates." He balled his fists. I could see smoke coming of his fingers.

"Percy." I said. He calmed down enough to stop the smoke.

"You have powers?" Natasha asked, thoroughly confused.

Percy cursed in Greek,"Yes I do. Just like wonder girl over there. What they are is none of your concern. Now please! Help a guy out here." He pleaded.

Thor jumped at the opportunity to help,"Of course! What time? We'll leave you two alone."

He grinned,"Tomorrow at 7."

"Uh, Thor. Sorry, but this should be a group discussion." Clint said.

"Yeah. I don't think it's safe to leave two kids in the Avengers tower. Alone." Steve said, eyeing us.

Thor turned to them. I couldn't hear him, but I'm sure Percy did, since he was chuckling. The avengers shifted and reluctantly agreed.

Tony walked up to Percy and put a finger on his chest,"You. I swear if you mess one thing in here, I will search SHIELD's files and hunt you down." He said glaring at Percy.

He grinned,"Deal." Percy watched him walk away with a smile. He lead me to the balcony. It was large, I'll tell you that much. There was a nice view from up here. We could see a great deal of Manhattan. On the balcony we put up the decorations, and I told him what looked nice where and he summoned it putting it there. To say the avengers were confused when Thor wouldn't let them see would be an understatement. In fact, he even took them out for lunch.

When we finished, Percy smiled before his eyes widened in fear.

"What?" I asked, my mine racing with possible ideas. He only grabbed my arm and ran to the edge of the balcony and put an arm around my waist,"Hold on." He said. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck just as he jumped off the building. I screamed out of terror, and clung to Percy for dear life. What in the world is he thinking? He doesn't have his wings. We're going to die. We were reaching the bottom very fast. I was just screaming out of fear, and I closed my eyes tight, preparing to die.

Suddenly I felt solid ground underneath me. I heard laughter. I opened my eyes and saw that we were the center of attention in the middle of the dining pavilion. I let go of Percy and stared at him wide eyed. He was laughing. He thought this was funny.

I punched his chest,"Stop laughing! That was not funny! You think you can scare the Hades out of me and then laugh about it! I swear, if you ever do that again, not even Chaos himself can stop me from killing you."

Percy stopped laughing, but still had on the biggest grin,"Yes, ma'am! I will not jump off of very tall buildings while being on this ground."

I groaned,"That's good enough." I put a finger on his chest,"I just want you to know that I hate you, and if you ever do that again-"

He chuckled,"Yes, yes. I get it. Anyways. Lunch. Food is far more important than this conversation. Sorry."

I sighed,"Yeah. Food sounds nice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 954 41
Being cheated by a girlfriend is bad enough. But being cheated by your fiancée? Wow, that's a whole new level. And that was exactly what happened to...
1M 21K 31
Percy Jackson has been betrayed by everyone he cares about, everyone he loves- even Annabeth, the one person he thought he could always count on. So...
8K 98 19
Betrayed, that's how Percy Jackson felt. His girlfriend accepted godhood over him and then cheated on him. All the campers shunned him. His dad disow...
79.9K 1.4K 23
Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon, the bane of monsters, giants, and titans. He's an overall good person who would do anything for his family and friend...