Mr. CEO [ON HOLD]

By aestheticvxbes

"Name" He barked still not bothering to even look at me. "Delilah" I whispered. Why am I whispering? I cou... More

Authors Note
The Bus {1}
McKinley Enterprises {2}
I'm Not Deaf {3}
Uncle {4}
No Walls {5}
Coffee's {6}
Green Eyes {7}
Lunch Break {8}
Le Bistro Mericourt {9}
Why? {10}
Money {11}
Lost {12}
Friends {13}
Work {14}
Personal Assistant {15}
My Office {16}
Makeover {17}
Makeover Pt. 2 {18}
Touché {19}
Drunk {20}
SHOT SHOT SHOTS! {21}
Boss Man {22}
Kidnapped? {23}
Get Out {24}
Sleeping On The Job {25}
Not Paid to Wonder {26}
Chiseled Jaw & Pink Lips {27}
Ex's & Ohs {28}
Kiss Me, Touch Me {29}
Roommates {30}
Birthday Boy {31}
R.E.S.P.E.C.T {32}
Whose This? {33}
Trapped In a Lie {34}
Pretend Girlfriend {35}
Keeping Up The Act {36}
Late Night Calls {37}
Punishment {38}
Pretend Not To Hate Me {39}
Dinner Dilemmas {40}
One Month Later {41}
No More Busses {42}
I Miss You {43}
Boner From My Boss {44}
Compromises {45}
Seaside Points {46}
Buckets & Towels {47}
Stay With Me {48}
Surprise Guest {49}
You're Late {50}
I Want You {51}
Don't Be Mad {52}
Unraveling Finn Trate {53}
Rise and Shine {54}
Jealousy {55}
Blueballs {56}
Preperations {57}
Say Yes To The Dress {58}
The Charity Gala {59}
The Charity Gala Pt. 2 {60}
The Charity Gala Pt. 3 {61}
Dolphin {62}
Be Alright {63}
Aerophobia {64}
Choices {66}
Steps in The Right Direction {67}
Fellatio {68}
Secrets and Lies {69}
Just Keep Swimming {70}
Pop The Cherry {71}
A Different Perspective Pt. 1 {72}
A Different Perspective Pt. 2 {73}
Let's Talk {74}
Cake By The Ocean {75}
Rumors {76}
Handle This {77}
This is the Life {78}
Coming Home {79}
Author Note

Skinny Love {65}

481K 13.4K 9K
By aestheticvxbes

"Where are my parents!?" I screamed at the nurse in front of me.

"Sweetheart I don't know. I need you to check the board."

"I have checked the board. I checked it three times already!"

She gave me a sympathetic smile as I glared at her. My babysitter tried to make me calm down but I couldn't! I pushed her out of my way and ran towards the board. Maybe I missed something.

There were pictures of people who I didn't recognize. I cringed since some bodies were missing limbs. I looked all over the board and felt tears rolling down my face since I couldn't find them.

I saw a doctor come out and I ran towards him, "My parents! Where are they?!"

The doctor crouched slightly and asked me, "What are their names"

"Thier names are Michelle and Martin Suren. They call themselves M&Ms. You know like the candy?" I was scared. This man in a lab coat was holding the life of my parents in his hands.

He sighed and said, "Sweetheart let's sit down"

I followed him onto a seat and glared daggers at the people who tried to pull him aside. I'm talking to him and they are going to have to wait.

"You're parents were one of the first people that I treated" he raised his arm and a lady in a suit walked towards us.
I ignored her as he continued, "Your father, Martin came into the ER in a very critical state. We could barely get a pulse from him and his heart rate slowed down. He stopped breathing and went into cardiac arrest. We got a crash cart and tried to bring him back but his heart was weak" he kept rambling but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

I barely understood what some words meant and I wiped the tears that flowed down my face.

"So he's dead?" I needed to hear the words. He needed to say it!

"Yes. Martin is dead. I'm sorry"

"Noo! You're a doctor! You're supposed to save lives!" I cried onto my arm and asked the question that I was afraid to ask, "My mom? Can I see my mom?"

I observed him as he took of his cap and sighed loudly.

"Noo! She can't be dead too!" I pushed against his chest as my heart race increased.

"When your mother arrived she had a shard of glass in her heart. She was gone before she arrived at th-"

"Noo!" I howled as my breathing accelerated. Tears fell down my eyes and my vision blurred. I stumbled into my feet and slapped away his hands that tried to comfort me.

"This is Ms Defrenta. She's from Social Services and she's here to ask you some questions"

I cried even harder as the woman came near me. She placed her arms around my waist and I leaned my body weight on her.

"They are gone" I mumbled out of my mouth

"Shhh" she cooed into my ear and led me down the hall.

I woke up with a start and looked at my surroundings. Where was I? My palms were sweaty and I inhaled big gulps of air into my system. It took me a moment till I realized that I was in the plane. Before I could freak out about my location I heard someone say, "Ma'am?"

The eyes of a flight attendant were staring at me. I stared at his pale green eyes as I felt myself relax. I think it was the same one who opened up my pill bottle.

"Ma'am we are about to land so please fasten your seatbelts." I quickly nodded my head at him and he walked away. He proceed to tell the person behind me the same instructions.

I thought the dreams were over. The last time I had the dreams was while I was in foster care. This stupid plane was bringing back bad memories. I needed to get out of here. I tried to take of my seatbelt when another flight attendant noticed.

"Ma'am you need to keep your seatbelt on. We are about to land."

"Don't tell me what to do" I whispered harshly to her.

"Ma'am for the safety of yourself and others you need to keep your seatbelt on. Would you like a glass of water?"

"No I don't want your damn water and don't call me ma'am."

"Ms Suren?" I looked behind her to see Ian's head poke his head out of his seat.

Just seeing a familiar face helped me relax. I counted the breaths I took as Ian kept his eyes on me. I kept my eyes back on him and I vaguely heard the click of the flight attendants heels walk away.

I don't know how long I looked at him but I only noticed we were landing when I felt my ears pop. I broke the eye contact and groaned in annoyance at my ears. When I looked back up for Ian I saw that his attention was now on Valentina.

The last minute of the plane landing was the worse. The noise didn't help and I shifted around in my seat. My chest constricted and I gripped the seat bars tight as the plane descended.
Finally the plane stopped moving and I released the breath that I was holding in. I did it. I made it. I quickly unlatched my seat belt and grabbed my belongings.

I released a big sigh since the hard part was over. The flight attendants forced me to wait till it was my turn to exit the plane. I glared daggers at them. I made it out of the plane and followed the signs into security.

After I went towards baggage claim. I had both bags but I was currently waiting for my last one. While waiting I saw Valentina and Ian come. We awkwardly stood next to each other as the luggage rolled out.

As soon as I saw the third suitcase I quickly grabbed it and made my way over to the exit. I looked for names in the sea of people and was glad when I found the card with Mr. McKinley on it.

I made my way over to him. I looked behind and saw Ian and Valentina not far. The driver led us outside where our car was waiting. We loaded our luggage inside and sat down.

I purposely took the front seat since I refused to sit in the back with them. I gave the directions to the driver and we were on our way.

From the brief minutes that I was outside I noticed a difference from Chicago and Mexico. They both had hot temperatures but unlike Chicago's sticky air, Mexico's air was cool and had a breeze to it.

I immediately turned my phone back on and texted my friends. There was no time difference since we were in Mexico City. I got a response from only Jason.

I looked around at all the beautiful scenery. The trees had this vibrant green color and I could see little glimpses of beach sand through them.
The more I looked out the window the more my excitement built. Despite being here with my boss and his overbearing girlfriend, Mexico was truly a beautiful place.

I grinned at myself and felt pride bloom in my chest. Even though I had the help of pills I still did it. I did it! I survived for four hours in a flying hunk of metal.

I felt hot in my leggings and couldn't wait to exchange them for shorts

"It feels good to be back home" Valentina stated with a smile

I ignored her and focused on looking out the window. The car soon left street roads and into a grassy field. I stared outside dazed at the beauty of it all.

We soon pulled up into sandy ground and I looked up at the house we were staying at. This house was gorgeous. It was a light blue two story house. It looked like the perfect beach house.

Through the driver's mirror I would notice the concerned looks that Ian would look at me with. As soon as the car was parked, I got out to escape from the conversation that the couple behind me was having.

We entered the beautiful house and I saw a middle aged man there. He looked up at us when we walked inside and I saw his face light up at seeing Valentina.

She ran towards him while screaming, "Daddy!"

They embraced each other and then Ian walked up to him.

"Ian McKinley sir" he gave him a firm handshake

"Nice to meet you Ian. Have you been treating my little girl right?"

"Yes of course sir" I scoffed at him since he was lying.

Mr. Farera noticed me and he said, "Oh the luggage can go to upstairs bedroom. It's the first one on the right."

I looked behind me since I didn't know who he was talking to. But then I realized that he thought I was the maid.

"I'm not your maid." I stated.

"But.." He said

"This is Delilah Suren. She is not my maid. She is not your maid. She is my personal assistant" Ian jumped in

"That is your PA?" he stared in shock

"That's what I said daddy" Valentina smirked

"But she's dressed so.." he trailed. Valentina burst out laughing and I rolled my eyes at them. Like father, like daughter.

"Mr. Farera I would appreciate it if we didn't bully my PA"

They shut up immediately after he said that and I stormed outside. I had to keep my cool. Right now I was just the PA. I had to keep it professional.

I opened the trunk of the car and got out my bags. They could get their own suitcases.

"Delilah don't walk out like that. That man in the living room is a very important man"

"Why did you do that?" I questioned him

"I told them to sto-"

"No. I don't need or want you to defend me"

"I was just trying to help. You stood there not saying anything"

"I was going to say something" before he could talk I continued, "It doesn't even matter. Just don't do it again."

"But you didn't feel this way when I was helping you out in the airplane" he rebutted

"What happened on the airplane was a moment of weakness. But that doesn't change anything for us. I meant what I said. We....Us....This sneaking around that we did is over. Unless you need me for any business reasons don't talk to me" I said as I turned my back on him

"Dont walk away from me!"

"Do you need me for any business reasons?"

"Stop speaking to me like I'm a child!"

"All I did was ask you a question" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't treat me like I'm some child or like I'm your friend. Because I'm not. You have made it very clear that you want a professional relationship. You want to be treated like an employee then you will be. I'm your boss and you do as I say. Now I'm telling you not to walk away from me!"

I shut my mouth and stared back at him. I let all my emotions shine through my eyes as I looked at him.

He sighed out loud and ran his hands through his hair, "I tried not to yell at you, but, you always test my patience"

I kept my mouth shut and he sighed again. He turned his head away and walked away from me. When his back disappeared through the doors, I sagged my shoulders.

I went towards the car and got out my suitcases. They were slightly heavy but I managed to make it inside of the house. I tried not to dwell on the expression on Ian's face when I talked. He looked annoyed at me and I reciprocated his same actions.

I went upstairs and followed the vague directions that Valentina gave me. I walked down the hallway and picked the last bedroom.

The interior of the room was bigger than the size of my living room. I placed my bags on the floor and locked my door before I jumped on the bed. I jumped around the soft blankets till I got light headed. I opened up the doors and saw a walk in closet. The closet was huge. It was bigger than the size of my bathroom.

I immediately started to load my bathroom supplies inside. I unpacked all my bags except for the suitcase Portia packed. I would only go into that bag if I needed a quick outfit. After I was done the time showed it was nearly noon and I felt exhausted. I felt jet lag even though it was a short flight.

I yawned loudly and eyed the huge bed. I quickly got on it and fell asleep immediately on the soft pillows.

After a long nap my energy was back up. I quickly decided to take a shower. I wanted to delay as much time as as could till I had to go back downstairs. In the shower I gave my body some TLC. I shaved my legs and also shaved my private parts since some bikinis that I saw Portia pick, showed a lot of skin.

I was done at around 5pm and I eventually listened to my stomach and went downstairs to eat. I exited my bedroom and followed the noises downstairs.

Mr. Farera was in the kitchen and I ignored him as a lady approached me.

"What do you want to eat" she politely asked.

I was confused and it took me a second to realize that he actually had maids in his house. No wonder he confused me for his maids since just like them I had all black on.

"Anything you have around will be fine" she left and came back a couple of minutes with a grilled cheese sandwich and a bag of chips. Before I could take a bite I heard them coming downstairs. I grabbed my plate and walked away before they reached the kitchen.

I went back into my room and enjoyed the food from there. I looked out the window to the huge beach and dark skies. I would love to go out into the beach but I decided to stay inside since I didn't want to drown.

I wasn't bothered for the rest of the night so I stayed in my room all day while browsing on my laptop. I was annoyed at the fact that I could hear them downstairs. Ian , Valentina and her Father. They seemed to be having a blast out there.

I rolled my eyes and tried to go to sleep. I hated being jealous. Sleep couldn't come any slower and I reached into my bag for the sleeping pills.

I popped another pill in my mouth. In the plane they lasted a couple of hours. I hoped that taking one would last me the whole night. The strong sleeping aid and the sound of waves crashing outside lured me to sleep. Before I succumbed into the darkness I had one last fleeting thought,

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 64.7K 40
"Ian? Please. Why are you not answering me?" Lisa shouted raising her voice to probably gain his attention. "You want to know the truth?" Ian replied...
266K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
496K 18.2K 26
*No one messes with fire and goes unburnt.* "Twenty four hours is my most generous offer to you." He says with no trace of pity in his tone. Her eyes...
192K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...