The Purge (You and Lauren)

By fortheloveof5h

Every year, y/n participates in the annual Purge. During the night of killing, she's known as Ms. Liberty. Th... More

Before You Read
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen

one

7.1K 193 145
By fortheloveof5h

March 11, 2016
8:38 p.m.

Flashback

"They're not gonna hurt you, right?"

Their guns were loud. Louder than the ones my dad and I were holding. I was waiting for one of them to shoot our house with a grenade launcher. We were standing by the staircase with our guns pointed to the door, and my mom by the back door with my baby brother in her stomach.

"They could never hurt me, y/n."

I slowly nodded, sadly knowing that we wouldn't be alive for long. Once they break down the door, that's the end for all of us. There was no way we could hold them off. My dad put his arm around my shoulder and wiped the tears that fell down my face.

"I want you to promise me something. Promise me that you'll take care of your mother, no matter how much she gets mad at you or how much you get mad at her. Promise you'll look after her and your baby brother."

"I promise. I cross my heart and hope to-"

The door got busted down by a man with a huge machine gun. We both knew it was over.

"Die!" The man yelled.

"Y/n, run!"

So I did.

I ran to my mom and told her we needed to leave. Once we were out the back door, I was going to go back for my dad. It was too late. I walked in and witnessed him getting shot up my the guy with the machine gun.

Before I knew it, I aimed the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

End of Flashback

"Y/n!"

I snapped my head over to my left and seen my bestfriend next to me. Camila.

"Jesus, you ain't gotta yell."

I went outside on the balcony to have a smoke. I lived with my two best friends. Camila and Normani. They knew I liked to come out here and be away from everyone. Sometimes I'll listen to music when I smoke, but that's only when the 2 a.m. feelings hit me.

I moved in with them when I turned 18. After my mom and I left the house that night, we found a place where they keep families who lost their homes. I visit her and my brother as much as I can to show her I'm okay. I told Ally, my mother, that she needed to stay there with my baby brother Brendan. So she did. She found a guy named Troy while she was in there too, but he's a douche to me. I don't see him as a dad, I see him as a stranger. No one could take my fathers place.

"Well, I called your name three fucking times, what else do you expect me to do?" I shrugged and put the cigarette up to my mouth.

Before my lips could touch it, Camila snatched it from between my fingers.

"What the-"

"You know I don't like it when you smoke, y/n." She spoke calmly.

"Says the one who puff puff passes with Zayn and random chicks. Besides, it's not like I smoke a pack a day."

"Marijuana and tobacco are two different things you ass." Handing me back my cigarette. I put it between my lips and took in the smoke, letting it settle in my lungs, and then blew out the grayish cloud.

"Speaking of Zayn, are we going to his party still? If so, we all need to get dressed now before we miss all the shots and liquor."

I pulled out my phone and checked the time.

8:50 p.m.

"Then let's go." I put the bud out and followed Camila into the apartment.

I put on a red and black flannel with some black skinny jeans, and a pair of all black vans. I threw on an all black strap back with a little rose on the front on my head, and left the apartment.

To: Momma Bear -
(Y/n) I'm going out to a party, so if you call or text me you'll get a reply tomorrow afternoon. Maybe later than that. Tell Brendan I said goodnight, love you both.

(A) Alright, thank you for telling me before you left. Please stay safe, y/n. Love you too.

-

9:05 p.m.

"Hey! You girls made it!" Zayn shouted. We each gave him a hug then he lead us to the bar.

Zayn opened up his own bar when he was 21. The place needed some work done at first, then once Zayn got some cash, he pimped this place up and turned it into a club. Flashing lights everywhere, sweaty people dancing everywhere, private rooms, an office, he even got a few special guests to come here and party with him. Sometimes he'll call up some strippers for people's birthday and have them perform here at the club.

So yes, his club was lit.

We made it through the crowd of people and got greeted by the bartender. Zendaya.

"What's poppin' ladies!" She yelled while giving us a handshake.

"You already know the deal, they're on the house for these three lovely females." Zayn told her with a wink.

"Already know, homie. If you ladies need anything just let me know and I got ya'll." She gave us our usual. Normani got her Margarita with liquor, Camila got her funky girly drink with candy and shots of rum, and I got my third bestfriend. Jack Daniels.

"Let's go Mila!" Normani pulled Camila with her to the dance floor while I stayed in my spot beside Zayn.

"Oh, before I forget, I want you to meet someone. You already know his name of course and he's a huge fan of Ms. Liberty."

Yeah, I was Ms. Liberty. Everyone knew the mask of Ms. Liberty, but they never seen my real face. My family and the crew knew what I looked like, but the rest of the world would never find out.

They treat me, or Ms. Liberty as I should say, like I'm a goddess. It's a nice feeling if I'm honest. Some see me as a bad guy and just wants to kill people for fun on Purge night, when really it's the opposite. Me and my crew would go out on Purge night and get our revenge on those who betray us. If you get us mad then we pop a cap in your head. It's that simple. If you shoot at us, we shoot back, no questions needed. Yeah, we help the innocent who are being attacked, but if it turns into a set up, we kill.

"Can't wait to meet him." I smiled. Zayn's club had two floors. The first floor contained the drinks, the dance floor, the Dj's, the bathrooms, and the private rooms. The second floor had Zayn's office, personal strip rooms, and a personal bathroom. Only VIP's were aloud on the second floor. Of course, my crew could go up there whenever we wanted.

We stepped into his office and almost fell to the floor. The Justin Bieber was there in his club as a special guest.

"Holy shit, you're Justin!"

"And you're Ms. Liberty!"

I shook his hand and he pulled me into a hug.

"It's great to meet you, man. You and your crew are badass when it comes to the Purge holiday."

"We try our best. What made you decide to come here?"

"You see y/n, Justin and I are homies. He wanted a place to party and play music so I hooked him up. Plus, I kept his visit lowkey so that way crazy fans won't come in here messing up the place." Zayn said as he put his arm around Justin's shoulders.

"That's right, we're gonna get wasted tonight, all of us. Also, you're Purge secret is safe with me." He winked. Us three walked out of the office and down the stairs to the dance floor. The security guard opened the red rope for us and closed it. Justin and I went to the DJ stand and started picking out club songs that everyone will love as other bartenders handed us shots.

He played some of his hits and few of his unreleased songs. I played rap songs and remixes as I'm tipsy. I put on Pour It Up by Rihanna RL Grime Remix.

(A/n: You can play the song if you want. I prefer SoundCloud so you can read and listen at the same time.)

Justin and I decided to let the DJ play the rest of his songs while we went on the dance floor. We got alot more shots and we're basically drunk at this point. Girls start to grind their butts on me and wrap their arms all around me. I didn't dance with alot of girls, I just wanted to get wasted and party. I spotted my two roommates and started dancing with them. Justin pulled some chick to a private room and had drinks in his hand.

Before I knew it, my memory of that night was gone.

-----

Laurens POV

10:30 p.m.

"No, Brad."

"C'mon, why don't you want me to be your first?" He begged while running his hand up my thigh.

"Because I'm not ready, I told you this already." I slapped his hand and got up from the couch.

My two roommates, Dinah and Ariana, left me and Brad alone in our house to give us some time to work things out. We got in a fight two days ago and Dinah pretty much forced him to come over here and apologize.

Honestly, I don't want to be with Brad anymore. He's cheated on me three times already and I'm still with him. Everyone tells me to leave him to find someone better, but I'm scared if I leave him, I won't find anyone at all.

Us three girls moved in after we graduated from high school and stayed together ever since. My dad helps us with the bills and stuff for the house so we won't have to pay a dime. It's nice of him to do that, but I would like to at least help out and put in some money.

I grabbed my phone and quickly texted the girls.

To: Group chat -
(L) Can you both please come back? He's trying to get in my pants again...

(D) We're on our way dawg

(A) Hold him off for 5 more minutes

I felt relieved and put my phone in my pocket so Brad won't try taking it.

"Who you texting?"

"Like you care." I hissed.

"You texting other guys now?"

"No, I'm not texting other guys. I don't text other guys when I'm with someone unlike some people!"

"Are we really gonna start this again? I told you I was sorry for cheating on you, what more do you want?" He huffed from the couch.

"I want you to leave." I thought to myself.

"I was texting the girls and asked them if they're okay since they've been out for a while. Happy?" I walked over to the other couch and sat away from him.

"Why can't you understand that I'm sorry?"

"You're not sorry! You promised to not do it again after the first time but you broke that promise! You didn't feel hurt about it at all, the only person who was hurt was me!" I snapped. He really frustrated me.

"Who the hell are you yelling at!" He stood up from his spot and balled up his fists. I stood up too, right in front of him.

"I'm yelling at you! I'm tired of you blaming me for shit that you do! You always say everything is my fault when it's really your fault! I'm not the one who cheated, remember that!"

Before anymore words were spoken, I felt a sting of pain across my face, making me fall back on the couch.

"You gonna start yelling again?! Answer me!"

"No." I let out.

He grabbed both of my wrists and pinned them above my head, squeezing tight.

"Raise your voice again and you'll regret it." He gritted through his teeth. We both heard the door open and he quickly sat down beside me like nothing happened. I sat up and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Hey guys, everything work out?" Ariana asked nonchalantly.

The girls thought Brad was a great guy at first. But after all the lies and cheating, they can't stand him. They only act like they don't mind his company because we're still together after everything that's happened between us.

"Yeah, we're good now. I'm gonna get going, I'll text you later babe." He kissed me on the cheek and walked out of the house.

Once the door shut, the two girls rushed over to me and hugged me tight. I ended up crying in their arms.

"I'll go get the ice pack. Your face looks bad." Dinah got up and went into the kitchen, leaving Ariana playing with my hair.

"Lauren, you need to leave him. I'm not sugar coating this anymore. He's cheated three times and hits you when you guys fight."

"I can't do that..."

"No, stop saying you can't. Would you rather be in a relationship that involves hitting and screaming? Or would you want to run into someone who can actually treat you like a lady?" She asked as Dinah came back put the ice pack to my face.

"I'd rather sleep."

The brunette sighed and just nodded her head. She looked and grabbed the remote turning on the news.

"The White House is currently being surrounded by protesters who want the Purge to be for three nights straight. They thought that making it a whole weekend can give them time to rob houses, banks, and kill to release anger."

"What has the world come to?" I spoke up.

"I'm surprised Ms. Liberty and her crew isn't there." Dinah said.

"Who's that?"

"The most dangerous person to attend the Purge. Her and her crew pretty much run the streets. No one has seen their real faces before, they're only known for their masks." Ariana replied.

"If they make the Purge longer, we're screwed." The Polynesian woman spoke.

"The protesters have already done their part, now we just need to hear what the President has to say. This has been channel six news, have a good night. Also, may God be with you all."

I snatched the remote and turned off the TV. I never liked the Purge, nor will I ever participate in such a horrible holiday.

"I think we all need to get some sleep. How about tomorrow we can go out and have some fun. Just the three of us." Ariana suggested.

I got up and started shaking my head, remembering that Brad wanted to go to the movies.

"But Brad already made plans tomorrow. If I blow him off, he'll get mad at me."

"Did he make plans or did the both of you make plans?"

I sighed at Dinah's response and knew where she was going with the question.

"That's what I thought. If he comes over here all mad at you, we'll handle him. Alright?" I nodded and she got up from the couch.

"Good, now let's get some sleep so our day can be longer tomorrow."

We went into our rooms and closed our door. I changed into a big t-shirt with just underwear on and rolled into bed. I didn't bother checking my phone, all I did was plug it up and fall into a deep sleep.

A/n: there's gonna be sooooo much drama in this story lmao, but enjoy. I'm really excited for this one

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4.5K 23
Lauren Jauregui, The most feared criminal in all of America. She is able to get what she wants when she wants and when she comes across a beautiful...
813K 18.2K 29
Lauren has somewhat of an anger issue. She's sometimes so out of control, she could even hurt herself. What if one day in school, she meets someone w...
167K 4.4K 38
Dallas Sage just wanted a normal life. However her past held her back as she bottled everything up. Will the girls be able to get Dallas to open up o...
5.1K 251 28
When you and Lauren get into a fight and get put in a room together for no longer than 15 minutes, another fight rises but a different outcome explod...