Mr. CEO [ON HOLD]

By aestheticvxbes

"Name" He barked still not bothering to even look at me. "Delilah" I whispered. Why am I whispering? I cou... More

Authors Note
The Bus {1}
McKinley Enterprises {2}
I'm Not Deaf {3}
Uncle {4}
No Walls {5}
Coffee's {6}
Green Eyes {7}
Lunch Break {8}
Le Bistro Mericourt {9}
Why? {10}
Money {11}
Lost {12}
Friends {13}
Work {14}
Personal Assistant {15}
My Office {16}
Makeover {17}
Makeover Pt. 2 {18}
Touché {19}
Drunk {20}
SHOT SHOT SHOTS! {21}
Boss Man {22}
Kidnapped? {23}
Get Out {24}
Sleeping On The Job {25}
Not Paid to Wonder {26}
Chiseled Jaw & Pink Lips {27}
Ex's & Ohs {28}
Kiss Me, Touch Me {29}
Roommates {30}
Birthday Boy {31}
R.E.S.P.E.C.T {32}
Whose This? {33}
Trapped In a Lie {34}
Pretend Girlfriend {35}
Keeping Up The Act {36}
Late Night Calls {37}
Punishment {38}
Pretend Not To Hate Me {39}
Dinner Dilemmas {40}
One Month Later {41}
No More Busses {42}
I Miss You {43}
Boner From My Boss {44}
Compromises {45}
Seaside Points {46}
Buckets & Towels {47}
Stay With Me {48}
Surprise Guest {49}
You're Late {50}
I Want You {51}
Don't Be Mad {52}
Unraveling Finn Trate {53}
Rise and Shine {54}
Jealousy {55}
Blueballs {56}
Preperations {57}
Say Yes To The Dress {58}
The Charity Gala {59}
The Charity Gala Pt. 2 {60}
The Charity Gala Pt. 3 {61}
Dolphin {62}
Be Alright {63}
Skinny Love {65}
Choices {66}
Steps in The Right Direction {67}
Fellatio {68}
Secrets and Lies {69}
Just Keep Swimming {70}
Pop The Cherry {71}
A Different Perspective Pt. 1 {72}
A Different Perspective Pt. 2 {73}
Let's Talk {74}
Cake By The Ocean {75}
Rumors {76}
Handle This {77}
This is the Life {78}
Coming Home {79}
Author Note

Aerophobia {64}

283K 10.2K 5.1K
By aestheticvxbes

He avoided eye contact with me and backed away from me. Then without a glance back over his shoulder he exited my apartment and I heard his car drive away.

I sat back down onto the couch and tried to block him from my mind. This was the right thing to do. He still had a girlfriend and I wasn't going to keep being the girl on the side. I had to put a stop to it. It hurts but I have been through worse.

Finn drifted into my mind. The more I thought about him the angrier I got. I had a good cry about him but now I was ready to move on. He and Allison..or was it Ashley? Him and whatever her name was deserve each other.

Life moves on and I was ready to move on with my life. I decided to focus on packing up my clothes since I still had a lot of things that needed to be packed.

I hauled my luggage from the corner of my room and placed them on my bed. Inside it, I packed my purses and clutches. I found two mesh travel sized bags and I put my undergarments inside those. As I was searching through my belongings I found the three piece travel set that I got from Victoria Secret.

In the first bag I filled it with my makeup products. I didn't realize how much makeup I had till I was struggling to close the case. After shutting it I got the second case and filled it with my bath and hair supplies. In my final case I filled it with other things that I would need.

I placed the three piece travel set into my suitcase and was surprised to see that there was more space. I also threw in some tank tops, leggings, and shoes. Finally the suitcase was full and I shut it close and grabbed my handbag.

Inside my handbag I filled it with everything else. I felt like I was overpacking. But if I was flying somewhere for two weeks or more then I wanted to be prepared for anything that could happen.

After my hand bag was full I got my small shoulder bag and stuffed it with my documents that I needed to fly. I felt exhausted and I regretted waiting last minute to pack.

After I was done packing I hauled my packed bags into the living room. Me packing distracted my mind. But, now that I was done my mind drifted to a certain brown eyed boss.

I felt guilty. When I closed my eyes all I saw was the hurt in his eyes.

You did the right thing. He needs to realize that you won't be his dirty secret anymore. If he wants you he needs to end it with Valentina.

I sighed since my subconscious was right. If this was the right thing to do then why did it feel so wrong.

I was distracted as my stomach growled and I realized that I didn't eat yet. Inside the fridge was water and bread. I wanted something greasy and unhealthy. I quickly ordered some plain pizza from the pizza shop that was in the center.

Twenty minutes later the pizza arrived and I dived right in. Mid way of finishing my second slice Jason came home. He was quiet as we ate the pizza together. I was sick of the silence so I made conversation with him.

He was surprised I was talking to him since last night I was mute. After a couple of minutes we eased into easy conversation. As Maria got home we continued conversation. I noticed that she was slightly off. Her laugh seemed fake...what are you doing Delilah? You're being paranoid. I shook it off since I was most likely letting my past events affect me now.

I set my phone alarm for very early in the morning since Nate texted me that he would be at my place by 5am. Even though it wasn't that late, I felt all the pent up exhaustion coming out. I quickly got into my bed and drifted off to sleep.

My alarm rang and I heard someone groan into their pillow. I got into the shower and cleaned up myself. I pulled my hair into a bun and threw on a sweatshirt, leggings, and flipflops. When I went into the kitchen I saw Jason and Maria in the kitchen while they talked on the phone to someone.

They both hugged me and explained that Kayla was on the phone. After saying my goodbyes I blinked my tears away. Ever since I met them we have never been split apart and now I was going to leave them for over two weeks.

I received a call from Nate that he was parked outside. I informed my friends and they helped me take my stuff downstairs. Nate placed the suitcases inside the car while I gave Jason and Maria final hugs, "Maria I left some money for rent on the table. Jason don't mess things up with Mike. I love you guys."

After some more hugs I said goodbye and got in the car. I waved goodbye through the tinted windows even though I doubted they could seem me.

"Miss Delilah this is for you" Nate said handing me a small box.

The light green box was wrapped with a white ribbon tie. I unraveled the tie and opened it up to see a bottle of sleeping pills. There was a note on the bottom of the box.

Take one. Only one. Take more and you won't wake up for hours. I know the flight might be unbearable so these should make it easier for you. Don't think about your parents. You will be fine. If anything, I'm always here.
-McKinley Ian

I internally sighed since it was hard to act like I didn't have any feelings for him when he would do cute things like this. It wasn't till now that I realized he was aware that my parents died in a plane crash.

We got to the airport at around 5:45 and I wheeled my luggage into the check in station. The middle aged man printed out my boarding pass after I gave him my information. He weighed my bags and I thankfully didn't go over the limit.

He tagged them and placed them on a conveyor belt that led to the plane. Then I proceeded to go to security. After the blonde woman scanned me down I left and looked for my boarding gate.

I walked around for about 20 minutes looking for the stupid gate. I finally found it with the help of someone in a hot pink jumpsuit. The lady in the jumpsuit caught my attention and I looked up to notice that she was in the gate I was boarding.

I understood why I got confused since the numbers were not in order. I took a seat on one of the black plastic chairs and saw that our plane would be leaving on time.

Upon closer inspection I realized that the lady in the hot pink jumpsuit was Valentina. She was pacing around the seats while talking on the phone.

Ian was nowhere in sight. I shouldn't be worried about him I reminded myself. I placed my headphones in my ear and played some music.

I bobbed my head to the song I didn't know the title of and looked up as I saw Ian walking towards the gate. He had two cups of Starbucks coffee in his hand. He handed one to Valentina and then he noticed me.

He looked at me then stared at his coffee. I was hoping he wouldn't notice me, so I quickly put my head down and placed my hands over my face. I saw his Nike clad feet and I looked up while discretely checking him out.

He had black joggers with a black t-shirt on. On his head was a black snapback. The hat pulled his dark brown hair back and his brooding eyes stood out even more on his handsome face.

I have never seen him with a hat on and it was a change seeing him wearing that. He looked attractive but, the more I stared at him the more exhausted he looked. His eyes had this sadness about them and I hoped I wasn't the reason for them

His hand reached out and I saw the iced coffee in his hand. After I grabbed the coffee he turned his back to walk away. Before he got far I called out, "Ian." he stopped and turned towards me

"Thanks for the pills." he silently nodded his head and walked over to his seat which was a couple rows away.

Before he could get far and against my better judgment I called his name again. This time he stopped walking and turned towards me.

"Umm.." shit! Get it together Delilah! "The coffee. Thanks for the coffee" I awkwardly lifted it up to show him. He nodded his head once again and walked back to his seat and I bit my tongue to keep me from calling his name again.

It was strange having Ian be silent towards me. He was always either romantic or angry towards me. I missed the old Ian but I knew this change was for the better. We needed some space from each other for me to move on. I quickly finished the iced coffee and threw the container away.

I paused my music as I heard the static voice around me. The announcement said that our plane was boarding and we all stood up and started to board. I was mixed up in the sea of people who got up and the flight attendants directed me inside the plane and towards the first class section where it wasn't as crowded.

As passengers boarded the plane I tried to make myself more comfortable. It wasn't till I tried to put myself seatbelt on, that I realized my hands were shaking. I looked around me to see if anyone noticed and I saw Ian staring directly at me.

I took took a deep breath and tried to put my seatbelt on while hiding my shaking fingers from him. Come on Delilah. Get it together! Maybe I would be able to focus if he wasn't looking at me like that!

My fingers kept sliding past the hole that the buckle was supposed to go into. I felt big arms wrap around mine as they pushed and tighten my seatbelt for me.

I knew it was Ian before I even looked up due to the intoxicating smell that I have began to recognize as only his. His smell floated around me and I held my breath as he invaded my space.

"Relax." he said as he held onto my hand. I let out my breath and stared at our joined hands.

"Relax" he looked me in the eyes and my heartbeat accelerated. He had an intense look on his face. Everything faded as we stared at each other.

"Relax" he said one more time as he tighten his grip on my hands. My hands stopped their shaking and when he pulled away from me to return to his seat I couldn't let go. I hated to admit it but I was frightened and I didn't want him to leave me.

"Do you want me to stay?" he asked gently

I hesitated and didn't know what to say. Should I say yes? Ian stared at me waiting for my answer. Before I could give him one, someone screamed out loud.

"Ian! What are you doing?" the pitchy voice of Valentina was heard from her seat.

He slowly unhooked his fingers from mine. My eyes pleaded with him to stay with me but he kept his eyes down and went back to his seat.

His seat was a lot closer than I thought. The flight attendants made a speech about safety and after the plane started to take off. I gripped my seat belt tight and I was thankful that no one sat next to me since if they did I would be squeezing the circulation out of their arms.

I tried to look around to ease my mind. The more I looked around the more distracted my mind got. While looking around I made eye contact with Ian. He was turned around looking at me, more specifically my hands.

I looked down at them to see that they weren't shaking anymore. Now it was just a weird twitch they would do. The sensation of actually being on a plane was to much.

Through the windows, I could see the sky and I felt like throwing up. All I kept thinking about was the engine failing and the plane crashing into a river. Then the windows would crack and the water would seep through.

The air got tight and I gasped as I tried to take big gulps of air. I couldn't do this anymore. I quickly got out the sleeping pills that Ian gave me. With shaking hands I tried to open the lid of the pills container but I couldn't open it.

My hands kept shaking and the pills rattled against each other due to my shaking palm. I looked up to see the eyes of Ian still on me.

He mouthed out something but I couldn't make out what he said. I just needed to get the stupid bottle open so that I could go to sleep and forget this stupid plane ride.

I saw Ian through my peripheral vision talking to a flight attendant and before I knew it the flight attendant made his way over to me.

"Good Morning Miss. Would you like some help?"

"Yes please" I said as I passed him the bottle

While he was opening it I saw Ian staring intently at me. The flight attendant gave me one pill and a bottle of water from his cart. He put the lid back on and put it inside the box. He gave me a neck pillow and a blanket to help me sleep.

"Thank you" I said. I guess there were some perks to riding first class.

I couldn't wait for the pills to kick in. I just needed to forget this plane ride. I closed my eyes to try and speed up the process.

Deep breathes. Deep breathes

I started to feel drowsy and I was glad. Sleep was soon to come.

A/N

I know there's been problems with you guys getting notifications. I contacted Wattpad about the problem and they were completely useless.

So I think the best way to find out when I update is to follow me. I send out a message every time I update and if you follow me, you will get notified.

Other than that, I don't know how else to keep you guys informed about my updates. Hopefully wattpad fixes this problem.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 53.5K 51
Enemies To Lovers Romance. BOOK ONE. In Edward Larsson's world, control meant everything. After his father passed down the family business into his...
9.3M 284K 74
Heather Drake is a 22 year old who is hiding from her past and trying to start a new life in California. She is going to be starting with a new caree...
3.3K 309 24
I have suffered a lot. And he made sure to make me suffer more. He did every possible way to torture me. But he didn't realize, I am the princess...
6.3M 246K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...