Wolves in the Woods (Complete)

By nightcat

Casee is a misfit, a complete fluke, and she is on the run for more than just her life; she is running for he... More

The Wolves in the Woods
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 1-Welcome to Hell
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 2-Mangy Dog!
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 3-She's Damn Feisty
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 4-First Assignment
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 5-Pack...Torture...Killer
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 6-Kill Them All
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 7-Going to Bed
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 8-Why in Heaven or Hell...
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 9-Word of the Werewolf
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 10-Self-Destruct
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 11-Don't get your panties in a bunch!
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 12-I'm nothing speical
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 13-My Dear Daughter
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 14- Sit
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 15-Cries of an Alpha
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 16-Challenge
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 17-Three Notches
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 18-Thank you
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 20- I've had worse
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 21- A rock and a hard place
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 22- Pretty Little Thing
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 23- A Miracle
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 24-Soulmate
The Wolves in the Woods Rewrite of Chapter 24- Lost in Love.
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 25- Good Mood
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 26- Force to be Reckoned With
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 27- Back before you know it
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 28- I'm Here
The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 29-Human Girl in a Werewolf World

The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 19-Stay with her

15K 389 26
By nightcat

So here is chapter 19! Thats two uploads in one day! You should all be very proud of me because I am!! 

This is my first time writing in Seth's POV so let me know who you like it! 

VOTE! 

COMMENT! 

FAN!  

 Seth's POV

She wasn’t breathing. I could her heart still beating but it was slowing with each passing second.

“Thank you.” Those words slipped from her lips like a whisper on the wind before she passed out in my arms.

“Casee!” I yelled trying to wake her up again. I could not lose her not already, not when I just found her. “Someone get the Pack doctor now!” I bellow to the surround crowd while racing up the steps towards my father.

“Get her inside the house now, the doctor is getting his bag from his room, put her on the table.” He ordered me for I uttered a word. I just nodded and obeyed sprinting inside with Aunt Amy hot on my heels. I went quickly through the kitchen and into the dining room, Aunt Amy moving aside the table cloth before I gently laid Casee down.

The Pack doctor, Kyle, burst through the doors and went straight to his charge. Bypassing her head injury he gripped the bottom of her red tank top, strained with blood, and tore it straight up the middle.

“What are you doing?” I asked Kyle not liking Casee exposed the way she was in front of another male.

“Checking how many broken ribs she has.” He replied as he began to poke and probe Casee’s ribcage lightly. I heard him curse lightly under his breath when he stopped where one of her ribs was poking out at an odd angle.

“What?” I urged him.

“Rib punctured her left lung, no wonder she can’t breathe right now. That bastard really laid into her.” Kyle said as he dug into his bag producing a wicked sharp scalpel and a clear small tube. “Help me turn her on her side.” He ordered Amy and me.

We quickly complied, gently turning her onto her right side and holding her there. I absentmindedly stroked the exposed skin on her arm lightly; watching as Kyle carefully took off Casee’s barrowed leather vest and pulled off the ruined red shirt revealing her bare back. Taking the scalpel after prodding her back and made a small incision on her side before slipping the clear tube inside. Immediately the clear tube filled with blood and drained into a bowl that Kyle had Aunt Amy retrieve from the kitchen.

“There that should help her breath when all the blood drains out of her lung.” Kyle said with a sigh of relief before rummaging in his bag again pulling out a needle. “I’m going to give her an anesthetic to keep her out while I reset her ribs before they start healing wrong.” He looked at me, “You might want to leave when I do that it’s not a nice sight.” He told me injecting her with the needle.

“No I have to stay with her,” looking at my Aunt I said, “You should probably go and tell dad what’s going on.” She nodded turning on her heel and out the door to my father. 

I took Casee’s hand while Kyle set about resetting her ribs to heal properly. I concentrated on her face and not Kyle moving her bones inside her body. I was happy that she was knocked out and couldn’t feel all the pain that had to be tearing through her. 

I can’t believe she beat Will though; he was one of our strongest fighters and had just recently taken over a higher ranking place in the Pack from one of the old timers. My dad told me that, that was going to be happening a lot in the next few years as the next generation came into their prime and the leading Pack members began to become old. Of course my dad wouldn’t step down until either Aden or I mate and conceive a child. Having an heir was a crucial aspect in becoming Alpha, the Pack needed to see that the next generation would have a leader as well.

Aden had yet to find his mate, his other half in life, in the Pack which was why he went away for school hoping to find her somewhere out there in the world waiting for him. It was too bad he had to come back home every few months on orders from Father and couldn’t dedicate all his time to finding his mate. I wanted to see my brother, my twin, happy with someone to love him and give him pups of his own. He would make a great father and Alpha.

I wouldn’t mind becoming Alpha myself but it wasn’t something at the top of my list of things to do. If Aden become Alpha I would be happy and probably be his second, like most twins we were very close to one another. It sucked sometimes that he was away, I felt like a small piece of myself leaves with him.

 “Okay I’m done with her ribs, her lung his almost done draining so we will be keeping her on her side for a little while longer. I just have to clean and dress her head wound, she most likely has a concussion.”         

I nodded reaching to brush some hair out of her face, without the bruising and swelling she would look like she was asleep. She was so beautiful; sometimes I wondered if she realized how captivating her beauty truly was. She nearly took my breath away every time I saw her. Her long honey brown hair hanging in waves to her back and her golden hazel eyes that almost glowed when she was angry.  She was short and petit, muscles toned from the intense training she was forced to endure most of her life.

The thought of what her Pack did to her made my blood run hot. I had heard rumors about Alpha Steven Keiler, but the things Casee described surpassed them all. It was a wonder that any of the females of that Pack are still alive with the torture that they life with from birth. Any male who wrongs a precious female does not deserve to life. We need our females more than ever now that they are few in resent generations to reproduce the next with.

Keiler will be stopped and his Zackary will know a hell like known other before he dies for the death of my mother and the pain Casee had been put through.

“If you are gentle, you can take her to her room where she will be more comfortable.” Kyle said after taking the clear tube out of Casee’s side and bandaging the incision as it would heal too quickly to bother with stitches. He head was bandaged as well and was still swollen and bruised. “Here are some pilled to help with the pain.” He said showing me a pill bottle, “Make sure she takes on of these when she wakes up and one of these,” He showed me a different bottle,” When she goes to bed. They will help her sleep and not wake up throughout the night from the pain.”

“How long until she heals?” I asked.

“It’s hard to say. I’ve never seen a half-blood before but from how quickly her last injuries healed it should only take two to three days, and I don’t think she will be unconscious the whole time this time either. But we will have to just wait and see. If she doesn’t wake up by tonight I will give her an I.V drip for fluids though.” Kyle explained packing up his bag. 

He left the room with a small nod of his head to me. I just sat there for several moments simply looking at her. She was going to be okay, it was like music to my ears. I was so worried that I would lose her. I don’t think that I could live without her, she was changing my live around and I don’t think she even realized it. 

I heard a set of light footsteps approaching but didn’t bother looking up from Casee’s face to see who it was.

“So how is she?” My father’s voice floated to my ears.  

“Four broken rips, two fractured, one punctured her lung, and a concussion with a good crack in her skull.” I whispered pain tightening in my chest, knowing how badly she was hurt.

“Is she going to wake up soon?” Aden asked coming up behind me and laying a hand on my shoulder.

“Kyle doesn’t know for sure because she’s a half-blood, but we’re hoping for tonight after the anesthetic wears off.” I answered him almost choking on my words. I think my worse fear was that she doesn’t wake up at all just stays in this sleep like state forever.

“You saw her in that fight brother, she’s strong, and she’ll get through this and have the whole Pack at her side.” Aden said squeezing my shoulder.

“You best take her to her room so she can rest comfortably. If she wakes up with a stiff neck because you kept her on a hard table you know she will chew you up and spit you back out.” My father said with a light chuckle. She would to, little spitfire.

“Okay your right.” I said rising from my seat next to her. As gently as I could I scooped her up in my arms holding her small body close to mind. She felt so very fragile cradled up against me like this.

I left my father and brother in the dining room as I headed out through the kitchen to the hallway. As I walked to the Saferoom were Casee had been staying, Pack members I past would whisper soft words to her of getting well. Some just light caressed her hair or arms as we pasted them. They had accepted Casee as one of our own, they believed her.

When I finally reached the Saferoom I closed the door behind us and locked it not wanting anyone to disturb her before she was ready to waken.

Pulling back the covers I slipped her inside the bed making sure she rested comfortably on the pillows before I grabbed the desk chair and for the second time this week, held her hand tightly in my hoping that she woke up. 

So what do you all think? 

Good? Bad? Terrible? Terrific? 

Let me know! 

Love you all Nightcat a.k.a Kes :)    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 31.8K 67
❝Human by Day and Wolf by Night.❞ But what would you do if you saw one in broad daylight? - * - Abigail wasn't prepared to hear that she and h...
122K 5.1K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
32.4K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...