A New Life (On Hold)

By artseoks_

Death. Death is a path we all are obliged to take. Death brings deep sorrow and deep pain. Deep sorrow and de... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N

Chapter 3

189 24 10
By artseoks_

~Back in Rivendell ~

Aragorn and Gimli were walking in the forest of Rivendell, admiring and enjoying the beauty that surrounded them, when they finally saw the palace of Rivendell.

"It was high time we reached the palace! This forest seemed endless!" said Gimli with a complaining tone.

"Don't you tell me that you didn't enjoy the peace and beauty of the forest, my friend?!" Aragorn chuckled while smiling to Gimli.

"Aye, I enjoyed it very much. But I can't wait to see Legolas again! It has been almost 5 years since we last saw him." Gimli replied happily.

"Ha, seems that you two have become very close friends. Never in my life had I heard that a dwarf befriended and elf!" Aragorn chuckled again and laughed.

"What's the matter? He isn't like the other elves."

"For you have met lots of them, haven't you?" Aragorn said sarcastically and laughed more; that left Gimli speechless.

"Ok, you got me there. So, are we going to enter the palace on our own, or are any of those damn elves going to escort us?" asked Gimli with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

As he said that, two elves showed up from behind two trees.

"To your disappointness, master dwarf, two of those damn elves have already come to escort the two of you" told one of the two elves to Gimli who growled in frustration.

"Uh, Elladan! Long time no see gwador nin!" Aragorn breathed and hugged Elladan.

"Welcome back home Estel." said Elrohir and joined the hug.

Gimli coughed loudly to draw everyone's attention. When he did, he said "Uh, you two must be Lord Elrond's sons. You are the same as I imagined you" and with that the rest laughed out loud.

Elrohir rolled his eyes like saying 'dwarves'.

"Ok guys! Let's go now because our father will get angry if we are not on time there." replied Elladan and clasped his hands behind his back.

Then the four made their way to the palace. When they entered the Great Hall, Elrond was already there to greet them.

"Welcome home Estel, ion nin." said Elrond and hugged Aragorn tightly.

"Welcome too master Gimli." Elrond told Gimli while smiling warmly to him.

"We are pleased to see you again. But, where is Legolas?". As those words left Aragorn's lips, Legolas slammed the doors open and entered the hall in a rush.

He had been running the distance between his chambers and the hall, as he knew he was late.

When he saw Aragorn and Gimli, he rushed to their side and hugged them tightly.

"Welcome my friends. I am so delighted to see you again. I missed you so much!" Legolas told them after he pulled away.

"We are both very delighted to see you again too mellon nin." Aragorn replied and smiled at Legolas warmly.

"We missed you too laddy. It was about time we met again." said Gimli and smiled at Legolas too.

"Well, now that we finished the greetings, Elladan and Elrohir will escort you to your chambers, so that you have your time to rest properly for tomorrow's journey to Mirkwood. The dinner will be ready in a few minutes." Elrond said and turned to leave.

"I hope there is meat" complained Gimli and Aragorn and Legolas laughed loudly.

Then, the twins escorted Aragorn and Gimli to their chambers, while Legolas headed to the dining hall.

He was extremely happy to see his friends again, but the worry abour Tauriel overwhelmed his happiness.

His father had told him to hurry; he would start making his way to Mirkwood even in this moment, but then he would have to tell his friends. He didn't want them to know about his love for Tauriel.

He didn't know why, but he just didn't want them to know.

He helped the maids to set the table and when he was finished, Elrond, the twins, Aragorn and Gimli came inside.

They took their seats and started eating. The twins, Elrond and Gimli were conversating, maybe for Aragorn's and Gimli's journey to Rivendell.

Aragorn didn't take part in the conversation at all, only eating his food silently as Legolas.

He then noticed Legolas' troubled look, as if something was troubling a lot his mind.

Legolas noticed his friend looking at him and he quickly tried to hide his emotions, but he failed.

His eyes reflected his wary and Aragorn forrowed his eyebrows. He had never seen Legolas showing his emotions so much.

But what would make his friend to feel so much worry that he couldn't hide it?

"What troubles you my friend?" Aragorn asked Legolas worried.

"It is nothing." Legolas answered and lowered his head.

"If it was nothing, your eyes wouldn't reflect your emotions." Aragorn replied and left Legolas speechless.

There was an awkward silence, only Gimli's laughter was being heard; he had may gotten drunk again.

"Uh, ok. I will tell you everything has gone to bed. I will knock your door, ok?" Legolas muttered defeated.

"Agreed" Aragorn answered.

After 30 minutes they all said goodnight to each other and went to sleep.

Legolas went straight to his room and closed the door behind him.

He looked the starlight out of his window. It reminded him of her.

"Don't leave melamyn, I will come quickly. Just please don't leave me. I love you" Legolas whispered to himself.

He waited for a couple of minutes and then he got out of his roon. He walked down the corridors without making any sound.

When he reached Aragorn's chambers, he knocked his door.

A minute passed before Aragorn opened the door.

"Oh, it is you"

"Where you expecting anyone else to come?" Legolas asked more sharply than he meant.

"No of course. Come in." Aragorn answered and let his friend to come in.

Legolas sat on the bed while Aragorn stood in front of him.

"So, you are free to tell me whatever that troubles you now." Aragorn said and clasped his hands behind his back.

"Alright...Let me start from the beginning..." Legolas replied and, hesitantly, started telling his friend everything; when he first met Tauriel, how they grew up together and all the adventures they had.

When he finished, Aragorn sighed and told him "She must be so dear a friend of yours. She sounds brilliant."

"Uh...here is the problem; I love her. I loved her since the very moment we became friends." Legolas sighed heavily and lowered his head in despair.

Aragorn's eyes widened, jaw dropped "Oh my..."

"But there is one biggest problem; I received a letter from my adar, telling me that she was fading quickly. I don't know why, but I have a suspicion for the reason she is in this state. He told me to go to Mirkwood as soon as possible so that I save her. So, I want to go to Mirkwood quickly, before it is too late." Legolas finally said and covered his face with his hands.

"I don't want to lose her, Aragorn. I haven't even expressed my strong feelings to her. I love her so much." Legolas whispered.

"You won't lose her. Please, think positively because you are the only one who can save her. Be strong for her."  Aragorn advised him and tapped his shoulder.

There was dead silence in the room before Legolas uncovered his face and asked "How is it going with Arwen?"

Aragorn was caught off guard with the question but he answered "Everything is alright, just..."

"What's it?"

"Ah...just don't freak out, promise?"

"Yeah, yeah"

Uh...she is pregnant."

When those words left Aragorn's lips, Legolas gasped, he stood up from the bed and started shouting happily "Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will become a father!!!!!!! Why the Valar didn't you tell me??!!!" Legolas asked with a betrayed look written on his face.

"Shh!!! Just calm down before anyone hears us!! I didn't tell you for she is only on her second month. I found out a week ago."

"Does anyone else know?"

"No, you are the first one to know, except for Gimli; I told him on our way here. I didn't tell her father yet, she wants to surprise him." Aragorn said and smirked.

Legolas laughed "Hahaha, I think that this will indeed surprise him; you will make him faint from the shock. But that's over for now. You need to rest for tomorrow's journey. We spent a lot of time talking." Legolas replied and made his way to the door.

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight mellon. Never give up hope."

Legolas simled and nodded before leaving Aragorn's room.

He made his way to his chambers. The palace was vey quiet, only the sound of the flowing water of the waterfalls was being heard. The moon shone bright through the windows, lightening the whole palace.

He finally reached his room, he slowly opened the door and closed it soundlessly behind him.

When he laid on his bed, he looked one more time the stars in the sky.

Aragorn had eased his concern about Tauriel through those great news about Arwen's pregnancy. He also gave him hope through his last words.

The elven prince closed his eyes and the starlight helped him to drift into a peaceful sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 101 9
Μάνη, 1818 Ένας ξένος πατάει τα χώματα του τόπου του για πρώτη φορά. Αναζητά μια πατρίδα, ένα σπίτι και τις ρίζες του . Μια γυναίκα, που τα μάτια της...
57.5K 2.2K 40
Μια αναπάντεχη άφιξη θα καταφθάσει στο Hogwarts Ένας νέος καθηγητής θα αναστατώσει όλο το σχολείο και συγκεκριμένα μια μαθήτρια Δύο διαφορετικοί χα...
37.7K 1.7K 41
Η Αλεξία δεν είχε ιδέα πως την ελκύει το ίδιο φύλο μέχρι αυτή. Η Τζένη πάντα την έλκυε το ίδιο φύλλο αλλά πότε αυτή. Τι θα γίνει όταν σε ένα βράδυ,τ...
142K 9.4K 92
Μην κρίνεις το βιβλίο απ'τον τίτλο:) Δεν θα κάνω spoiler, βάλτο στην βιβλιοθήκη σου και πάτα ανάγνωση. Ελπίζω να σου αρέσει:3