The Betrayed Prince |Percy Ja...

By TheSecretiveAngel

A/N: I do not own anything except for the things I made, all belongs to Rick Riordan. I know, I know. It's no... More

Disclaimer! RED FLAG! MUST READ!
Chapter 1: The Betrayal
Chapter 2: The Last Piece
Chapter 3: The Dark Echo
Chapter 4: The Couple of the Dark
Chapter 5: The Creator
Chapter 6: The Wings of the Heir
Chapter 7: The Queen of Stars
Chapter 8: The Phoenix Dragon
Chapter 9: The Floating Building
Chapter 10: The Three Years
Chapter 11: The Reunion
Chapter 12: The Celebration
Chapter 13: The News
Chapter 14: The Not-So-Suprise
Chapter 15: The Departing
Chapter 16: The Return
Chapter 17: The Many Confrontations
Chapter 18: The Breakfast Encounter
Chapter 20: The Unnecessary (Not Really) Chapter
Chapter 21: The Memorial of the Fallen
Chapter 22: The Appearance and the Departure
Chapter 23: The Red Meeting
Chapter 24: The Revival
Chapter 25: The Callis
Chapter 26: The Worried and the Sacrificing
Chapter 27: The Preparation
Chapter 28: The Battlefield
Chapter 29: The Treason
Special Chapter: The Early Years
Chapter 30: The Reconciliation (Finale I)
Chapter 30.5: The Goodbyes (Finale II)
Necessary Aftermath Notes
{N E W S }

Chapter 19: The Mask

35.5K 664 267
By TheSecretiveAngel

Chapter 19

The Mask

||Percy Jackson||

I held the leash.

I held it as tight as I could even though I knew it's not going to last long. I've held way past my limit during breakfast. I might blow of the entirety of the Arena and the whole camp into smithereens.

Hold the leash and play it cool. Keep on the mask and don't let it fall, wear the mask you've always worn. An unfeeling, cold-hearted bastard. Don't let them see the effects they do to you. Not one crack, not a single weakness.

.....This is turning into Frozen, by the Callithrix.

I took a deep breath and began to start the meeting when she spoke. "Where is Mrs. O'Leary?"

I felt my comrades bristle. It was barely noticeable but it was not something that would escape my eyes. I told them what had happened, few years after we have been working together and we had decided to take a weekend off. It was the night where everything came spilling out, not just me but to everyone else.

To say angry was an understatement of their feelings. Despite me being their commander, they were fiercely protective of me and not just because of what happened in this place but also something that happened to me a century ago.

I don't think I'll ever recover from that....or will ever be.

Not that I expect to be whole again. I'm way past saving, that I know for a fact. There are things that once you have become that, there's no turning back no matter what anyone else says. Because in the end, it's your own voice in your head echoing those words at you repeatedly.

"I sent Mrs. O'Leary to a paradise."

The crowd squirmed and the immortal campers glared at me. "What do you mean?" Jason asked, his voice holding dread while glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes, "I mean, I brought her to our cabin and sent her to my dragon's den for a little play date."

"Why should we believe you? How can we know this dragon of yours is to be tested?" Frank jumped in.

I inwardly groaned at the unnecessary questions, I didn't answer instead I clapped my hands once and Mrs. O'Leary appeared behind me. When her furry face appeared between me and Nico, I patted her head gently. She turned around and licked me as a greeting.

"Satisfied?" I asked them, not really caring for their answers and immediately sent the hellhound back in the company of Nevalth who has been feeling bored today. "I'll bring her back soon enough."

They all nodded, still full of uncertainty. The act this morning must've driven their fear straight into the ground, not that I'm going to take it back. I quite enjoyed the play as tempted as I was to push the dagger straight through.

I could almost feel the transformation as I changed into my diplomatic mode. "As you all know, we are at war with two primordials, Gaea and Erebus. According to my sources, they have begun an army of new monsters."

Whispers of nervous conversation began.

"These monsters are like the 2.0 of what you're used to." I continued, raising my voice above theirs. "More cunning, much stronger and faster. Obviously, you cannot defeat them with the way you are. So, we have decided to train you."

Conversations arose again, groaning at the thought of more training.

I closed my eyes briefly, feeling my control slip when one question was thrown out from the crowd, "Why can't you just kill the monsters for us?"

"Because," Nico spoke up, "We are here to help you, not do it for you. This is your planet and you should be the one to defend it. Besides, if we fight the war for you now, what would happen if another war comes? You would know nothing and wouldn't be able to do anything and eventually, you'll get yourself killed."

I nodded to Nico, "This training is mandatory." I said, "You'll be separated into groups and be assigned to certain leaders who would train you and after the allotted time, you'd be switched to different leaders. According to the files given by Castor, I've already figured out which you need to work on more, your strength and weakness during fighting and work towards improving it."

"How long?" Piper asked, "How long are we supposed to do it?"

"The training last until I see fit. 5-6 hours a day depending on how much you worked that day with 10 minutes breaks during that switch." I replied, staring straight to the same kaleidoscope eyes that belong to the person who I thought was my friends once.

"But what about the chores and activities we're supposed to do?" Someone jumped in. Unfortunately for them, there's no getting out. I have thought of every loophole and fixed them all up until there's none.

A few words from Chaos this morning and I had everything all set. "Which is why during those times, a handful help would come in right from Neulara to take over those by tomorrow right at the same time you're training start."

Silence fell.

I could almost breathe a sigh in relief but that is until Grover spoke. "What is our purpose here, Percy? Why would the nymphs be here?"

"Ah, yes." I said, "All of you will also train, different from the campers of course but still the same conditions."

"Why?" Juniper asked, who is sitting right beside my former best friend. "Why do we have to train? The monsters don't care about us."

"That's where you're wrong, Juniper. This is a war we're talking about, it affects everyone and we must take precautions. You would need to defend your home when it gets affected. Granted, you probably can already but as I've said, these monsters are different. Who knows how long you will last during the fight? Either way, it's safer and no one will always be there to protect you. You should learn how to fight for yourself and defend your home and hone your skills. Same goes for you, campers. Any questions?"

One hand rose up above the others, the kid stood up. He was a bit skinny and looked to be about the age of 11-12. He has a brown hair that was ruffled and blue eyes. He looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes as I settled my gaze on him and with a wide smile. Interesting, I thought. The kids around him began shushing him while the others looked at him with awe but he paid them no mind. "What is it?" I asked.

"Grover called you Percy. Are you the Percy Jackson?"

I felt my comrades turn to look at me discreetly but I ignored them and studied the kid. "Indeed I am. Problem?"

His eyes sparkled with joy, by the Callithrix, this guy has some problems. "No, sir! I'm a big fan of yours. You are my hero!"

I took a breath, caught off guard by this little kid. Well, that's new. "Is that so? What's your name kid?"

"I've heard all sorts of stories about you growing up. My name is Damien Callis. My grandmother used to tell me your stories."

My eyes widened before I felt my lips tug up in the corners just as I sense everyone's apparent shock. "A Callis huh? She made it to camp after all."

"She said that you helped her and that she fought by your side for a while before you left."

"Yeah, she did. I invited her to come with me but she had refused."

"Are you going to train us too?" Everyone stiffened, I can already imagine the image that flashed in their head.

"No. We've got enough leaders to do that for me. I have other matters to attend." I said with a finality in my voice, "Anymore?"

No one said anything.

"Then that concludes it." I continued with a dismissive tone. Everyone began shuffling out the room when I called out, "Damien, you stay. I'd like to stay and chat with you."

Immediately, Damien jogged over to me with enthusiasm ignoring the fearful looks of the other campers and the surprised looks from the immortal campers and my comrades. Damien stood a few feet away from me and looked up with a smile, Gods, he's fearless, isn't he?

Just like his grandmother, I suppose.

~

||Annabeth Chase||

I knew I was supposed to leave the arena but I couldn't. Not after seeing that sudden softness I saw in his face at the mention of Callis. I watched Damien, the ever so energetic kid, he was that one kid who greeted everyone with a smile. I watched the kid jog over to his hero--everyone's hero, to be honest-- and stood a few feet away from Percy with the widest grin I've ever seen him have. Almost bouncing on his toes, he asked "Mr. Jackson, can I please hug you?"

Percy was about to open his mouth but before he can say anything, the kid's arms are already wrapped around his waist. I saw Percy look at his comrades with a flustered look who snickered in return before patting Damien's head gently, albeit awkwardly but gentle all the same. I lifted my eyes to his face and saw it. The face I thought I'd never see him make again.

The softness and gentleness that Percy had, as if a mask of what he was moments ago had slipped away and momentarily returned the Percy I knew. I felt as if my heart was about to burst at that picture of the two of them.

When Damien pulled away, Percy knelt in front of him so they were face to face and took his shoulders. His eyes searching Damien's for something, before saying, "Damien, is she still alive?"

Damien Callis nodded vigorously, "She is. My mom and dad died during a quest and she's the only family I have left. She lives close by in Manhattan. She comes to camp once in awhile."

A pang of hurt and awe hit me as I saw the twinkle in Percy's eyes. "I'm sorry about your parents, Damien."

"They died bravely and I miss them but I know they're in a better place in Elysium."

"I'm sure they are." He reassured, patting the kid's head. Damien left moments later, skipping with joy as he trudged off out of the arena. Once Damien is out, I turn to look at Percy when I heard Leo's voice, "That meeting was intense as hell."

"Wanna spar?" Luke asked, stretching. Leo, however, looked unsure, looking back and forth between the commander and Luke as if wanting to say something. Finally, Percy looked at him and smiled.

"Go get your woman, Valdez. She's been waiting for a long time."

Leo's tan freckled cheeks turned pink and he scratched the back of his neck, a habit that was similar to Percy's I realized. "But the training tomorrow...."

"You got all the time in the world. If you cannot make it in time, I'll take your spot for tomorrow." His words held finality to it that Leo, finally overcoming his stunned state, grinned and moved closer to Percy as if going for a hug when the commander just patted his shoulder encouragingly.

"Thanks, Perce!"

"Stop dilly-dallying, Leo." He called out behind him before disappearing into thin air.

Leo turned to his comrades and grinned, "he seems to be in a good mood, isn't he?"

"Who wouldn't be after getting such good news?"

~

*Next Day*

I yawned, feeling the afternoon sun kiss my skin as I stretched while walking to my destination. Breakfast was uneventful compared to yesterday and everyone was surprisingly well-behaved. I think it's because of the fact that everyone is anxious for the training that is about to happen right after lunch.

I caught up with Hazel as we're on the way to an open area close to the cabins just like everyone else for the grouping. It's about 30 minutes before lunch. We'd have about an hour to eat, and any extra time in that hour we could spend however we want it before the training starts at one.

"Are you ready for the training?" Hazel asked me, breaking me out of my reverie. I turned to look at her, her curly brown hair tied in a ponytail just like mine and her golden eyes staring at me curiously.

I shrugged, "Of course, I'm always ready."

She chuckled, "Of course you are. I wouldn't expect anything else." I smiled when suddenly, her expression turned grim, "Do.... do you think we're able to talk to them today?"

"I hope we can, Hazel. I really hope so."

~

There are hardly any campers gathering right now, it's like a trickle of water coming in and just mingling around like yesterday. I was about to call for Will when I saw him walking towards the right-hand man with a grin. I shared a look with Hazel, worry and curiosity etched in her features. Slowly, we move towards them within hearing distance whilst holding our breath for what was about to come.

"Where were you last night? You said you were going to give me a tour around your infamous cabin."

Nico stared at the son of Apollo, guilt flashing in his eyes before shrugging, "I was going to but as soon as the meeting was over, I had to talk to the Leaders what we're going to do for the whole afternoon. Just as I was about to meet up with you, Percy called me in and discussed the groupings with me then he kept me all night. Giving me no time to send you a message."

"Kept you all night?" Will asked, his eyebrows raising up high. "Should I be worried about this?"

"Stop acting like a jealous boyfriend, Solace," Nico grunted, looking away from Will.

"I am your boyfriend, di Angelo," Will said, stepping even much closer to the Second-in-command.

"Ugh--no, stop it. We're in public."

Will smirked, "So, what of it?"

"Solace, I swear to--" he didn't get to continue his sentence when Solace's lips touched Nico's. Instantly, Nico's tense form had relaxed as if melting his steel resolve as he kissed back. Everyone looked everywhere trying hard not to look directly at the couple although, I can feel their surprise and shock just like my own.

When they finally pulled away after a long while of awkwardness for everyone in the same place, "Right on the dot with 3 minutes." Sylas said, appearing out of nowhere with a grin with Harmony.

"You owe me some Ethereal, Syl." Harmony said, laying out her palm with a smug grin.

"You did not just..." Nico groaned, "What's the bet?" He asked as he watched Sylas hand out some weird looking money in Harmony's delicate hand.

"The time limit of your make out session." Harmony casually said with a shrug.

"And I believe," another new voice added, "you owe me, Harmony dear." I turned to the new voice and saw Percy appearing behind Harmony and Sylas.

"P-P-ercy?!" Nico and Will stuttered in unison. "You bet on me? Wait, you knew about this?" Nico asked in surprise, probably expecting Percy to not be okay with their relationship because of the fact that Will Solace was also there when that happened.

The commander merely raised an eyebrow, totally nonchalant. "I made a bet with Harmony before she left the cabin that one of you will grow some spine and show some PDA. Of course, I knew. I knew it the moment I saw Will Solace on Olympus when we arrived. It wasn't hard to figure out that you'd get together sooner or later. Besides, there's hardly anything you can keep from me, Nico."

Will Solace swallowed, "You're okay with this?"

"If he makes you happy, Nico. I don't care but I don't take kindly to those who hurts my friends." The sentences were directed to Nico as he was clearly looking at him but the last part was clearly pointed towards the son of Apollo whose throat bobbed nervously.

I never even thought about doubting the threat that Percy had casually slipped in the conversation because there's no doubt he'd actually do it. This is Percy after all. He may have changed, but loyalty was--probably a part of him still is--his fatal flaw.

~

Look! I updated early! 

XD I just happened to write this the same time as I did with the previous chapter. So, tada! 

Anyway, thanks for the 8K reads, my lovelies <3 Thanks for supporting this story and hope you keep doing so till the end!

Guess who's re-reading PJO? Lol :3 I finished ToA and decided to re-read it. After I read ToA, I realized that Damien Callis is like Harley and that it's a complete coincidence that he has the same name as one of the campers. 

Hope you're having a wonderful summer so far and that you enjoyed this chapter. 

Thanks so much, and don't forget to vote and comment and tell me what you think!~ 

-Leannexo~

P.S. I really should keep track on people who I give dedications too. Now, I'm all confused. Ugh. Sorry X3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 85 35
{ after Blood of Olympus, Jason is still alive, Leo might be in this story, IDk how this will go, SOLANGEO OFFICIAL!!!} So this is my first PJO fanf...
17.8K 754 53
||HIGHEST RANK: #1 in KaneChronicles|| ||#20 in HeroesOfOlympus|| ||PJO Watty Award Winner|| This is a Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles/Magnus Chase F...
57.7K 382 23
WARNING: THIS STORY IS TERRIBLY WRITTEN, HAS ZERO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, HAS A MESSY PLOT, NO CONSISTENCY BETWEEN POV'S, AND WAS WRITTEN BY A 12 YEAR...
261 5 10
*DISCLAMER* This is a fanfiction novel! Rick Riordan is the proud and proper owner of the Percy Jackson series. --- This story introduces a new chara...