𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒? | KI...

By katdorable

⤷   𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐔𝐀 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑   𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐍𝐆... More

01 | HOPES × AND × AMBITIONS
02 | A × SUPRISING × CHALLENGE
04 | SOLUTION × IS × MAJORITY RULES?
05 | BEWARE × OF × PRISONERS
06 | LAST TEST × OF × RESOLVE
07 | HIT × THE × TARGET
08 | BAFFLING TURN × OF × EVENTS
09 | OPERATION × RESCUE × KILLUA
10| BITTERSWEET × REUNION
11 | SERVE × AND × PROTECT
12 | FATHER × SON × MOMENT
13 | REUNITED × WITH × THE × TSUNDERE
13.5 | HUNTER x HUNTER TEST
14 | TEMPORARY × DEPARTURE
UPDATE
Announcement
15 | HEAVEN'S × ARENA
16 | TO × THE × TOP

03 | FINDING × OUT × NAMES

12.6K 406 1.9K
By katdorable

03 | FINDING × OUT × NAMES

[Y/N] STARED OUT OF THE WINDOW OF THE AIRSHIP, taking in the beautiful scenery of the night. The stars illuminated the darkened sky and the clouds bathe in it's light. The radiant glow glistened and [Y/N] was mesmerized at the sight.

[Y/N] slid down to the floor and rested her head in the palm of her hand. She wished no one would disturb her, or attempt to make small talk. She would appreciate the gesture, but she just wanted to be alone.

Spoke too soon.

There was a tap on [Y/N]'s shoulders, and she mentally groaned. She peeked up and saw 405. A huge smile was plastered on his face with his eyes twinkling in happiness.

"Um..... Can I help you?" She asked, hastily. The girl didn't know what to say. The boy just appeared out of the blue, and didn't give her much time to prepare herself for sudden, inconvenient chats.

"I'm Gon Freecss," the boy introduced himself, followed it with, "What's your name?" He plopped himself down on the floor besides the girl.

"[Y/N] [Y/L/N]," she responded to his question with all truths, and no lies. She viewed him as a gentle and sweet individual. The girl didn't mind being friends with him, if he wanted to. He was absolutely adorable, according to [Y/N]'s thoughts.

"Not to be rude or anything but why are you talking to me?" [Y/N] asked, mind filled with curiosity.

"Because everyone needs someone to talk to," he answered. "Without talks, life gets lonely."

I guess that's one way to put it.

"Oh," she mumbled. "I guess I was a bit lonely. I didn't really have anyone to talk to."

"Now you have me!" He declared with a smile.

"That I do," she chuckled a little at the boy's claims. "Does that make us friends?"

"We've already been friends," Gon stated. "You're often talked about in my group, especially with Killua."

"Killua?" The girl questioned. "Whose that?"

[Y/N] wondered what his group was saying about her.  She felt a bit insecure knowing that she was a topic of conversation. She hoped she wasn't judged, she couldn't take criticism. The girl already had enough of that at home, now here? It was definitely something she wanted to avoid.

"Him," the boy informed, signaling to the silver-haired boy walking towards us. She recognized him as 99, the one that kept catching her eyes through the exam and the person who robbed her of her spider-eagle egg. He was cute, but she remained skeptical especially after Gon's comment. [Y/N] wanted to know why he was talking about her, but she knew didn't have the courage to confront the boy about it.

They talked amongst themselves, leaving the girl in silence. She just stared as they exchange words to each other. Then, Gon brought up a question that was directed towards both Killua and [Y/N].

"Where are your parents?" Gon asked the both of us.

The girl was going to volunteer on telling her backstory, but the pale boy intervened. "They're alive," he hummed. "Probably."

[Y/N] thought his answer was peculiar and was not something she expected the blue-eyed boy to say. She wondered how the boy didn't know whether his parents were dead or alive.

She snapped out of her thoughts and focused her attention onto the boy. "What do they do?"

"They're assassins," Killua replied, nonchalantly.

The young boy and girl was astonished by his response. "Huh? Both of them?" Gon and [Y/N] questioned in unison.

Killua smiled, eyes squinting. "That's your first reaction? You guys really are a riot." He laughed. "You two are the first people who have ever responded serious."

"Well, you're telling the truth, right?" Gon inquired.

The silvered-haired boy rose an eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

"Just a hunch."

"Thats weird..." Killua inquired. "People only like me because they can't tell whether I'm serious or not."

He continued to rant. "I'm from a family of assassins so all of them are assassins." The boy stared out of the window. "And my family has really high hopes for me ... But you know, I can't stand it. Who wants to have their life planned out for them?"

"When I told them that I wanted to decide my own future, they all snapped! My mother had tears steaming down her face as she told me that I had potential to be a top assassin," he said in a mocking tone. Gon and [Y/N] laughed nervously as Killua vents his frustration.

"Horrible parents, right? It's natural their kid will go bad. As a result, I stabbed my mother in the face, my brother in the side, and ran away from home," he explained. The young girl was baffled and slightly afraid, while Gon remained calm and continued to listened to the boy's words, expression unchanged.

"I'm sure they're out for blood now," Killua said, smirking. "But if they find me, I'll send them packing!"

"When I become a hunter, I'll start by capturing my family. I'm sure my family is worth some high bounties," the silver-haired boy proclaimed, and looked as if he was in a state of bliss.

His speech came to a halt and his expression went back to normal. Killua's speech was definitely something that even words can't describe or put into details. [Y/N] didn't know what to say. She was speechless, unable to formulate a sentence.

Killua eyes shifted towards the young girl. "What about you, [Y/N]?" A small smile formed on his face that went unnoticed by the two. "Gon told me his already."

[Y/N] avoided the question and averted her eyes to Gon. "What was yours?"

Gon started to explain his backstory. He told the girl that his dad was a hunter and wanted to search for him. The spiky-haired boy added that his father had abandoned him as a baby and left him under his aunt, Mito's care. Gon finished it off by stating that he wanted to find his father so he could ask him why being a hunter was more important than him.

Not gonna lie but Gon's dad sound like a total asshole.

"And you?" Killua asked once more.

She pointed over to the blue-eyed boy. "Same like him, except the stabbing and the whole my "family is an assassin" thing."

Killua cocked his head to the side. "What do you mean by that?"

"My parents have high expectations for me as well. They have a tendency to compare me to my older sister. She's accomplished so much in life, and I haven't done much with mine. To prove them wrong, I've joined the Hunter Exam. To finally show them that I could accomplish something. That I'm more than just my sister's shadow. That I can become a pro hunter and show them that I'm not a failure, but a dreamer," she answered, tears dwelled in her eyes but she masked it away with a smile of confidence.

Killua made eye contact with the girl. "You're more than just a shadow."

[Y/N] was astonished by Killua's choice of words. All she could do was give him a simple thanks but his words warmed her heart. "I should go now," she said, sheepishly. "I'm a bit tired and I need all my energy for tomorrow."

"See ya," Killua said.

"Goodnight!" Gon added.

She waved at them and turned around the corner. Once out of sight, she leaned against a wall, clenching her heart. His words carried a deeper effect than she imagined. Her heart was pounding for freedom, but it's trapped in the cage. [Y/N] let out a couple of breaths until the throbbing came to an end.

She was confused.

He was just a stranger she met today.

So why did his words mean so much to her?

[Y/N] shook her head and ventured in the halls, searching for the room where the examinees would sleep at. She glanced inside and saw some of the participants sound asleep. The girl scanned the area for an unoccupied bed that wasn't being used.

A bed near the far back pressed up against the wall was the perfect place to sleep. She felt more safer knowing one side of the bed was closed off, instead of both side being open and free. [Y/N] tip-toed around the participants, not trying to disturb their sleep. She wanted to avoid being yelled at and refused to take part in an unprecedented scene that would possibly break out.

The girl was tired and when she's tired, she's grumpy. Then, that grumpiness will lead to harsh words that would escalate to her throwing someone from out the airship's doors or maybe from out its windows.

She laid herself down, and draped the blankets over her body. [Y/N] shut her eyes and closed up her meaningless thoughts. From there, she welcomed darkness, her old friend.

*

Do you guys like it when I put pictures and gifs in this story?

Just asking.

Hope  you all have a nice and beautiful day because you all deserve to have one! :)

(=^K•A•T•^=)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 8K 50
ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪꜱᴏʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴄʀᴇᴛᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟꜱ, ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʀᴇʟɪᴇꜰ ɪɴ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ᴀᴍᴇᴛʜʏꜱᴛ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴏꜰᴛʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀꜱᴇʟꜰ...
4.7K 283 11
(𝔜𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔢! ℌ𝔛ℌ 𝔵 𝔄𝔠𝔯𝔬𝔟𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔠! ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯) ♥︎♥︎♥︎ "𝔾𝕖𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜. ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕣𝕙𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕞 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕟𝕖�...
10.6K 306 31
𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑎 𝑘𝑙𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑎𝑐 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑔𝑔�...
28K 1.1K 11
𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 �...