A Vampire's Marine (boyxboy)

By DoUbLeZone

When a master class vampire decides he wants a certain marine by his side then nothing; not even that marine'... More

Author's Notes
Prologue: Departure.
Chapter 1: Battlefield
Chapter 3:Denial, Guilt, Shame...love.
Chapter 4: Kaio's Patient
Chapter 5: Before the present
Chapter 6: The flesh is weak.
Sneak Peek for Chapter 7
Chapter 7: Before the court.
Chapter 8: Decisions
Chapter 9: The spirit of the coven.
Chapter 10: Use of Force.
Chapter 11: His sick bed.
Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes
Chapter 13: Sleep deprived
Chapter 14: We need to talk.
Chapter 15: Recollections of the past.
Chapter 16: Snow White and My Prince.
Chapter 17: While you were away.
Chapter 18: The hunted.
Bonus chapter: Giving in.
Chapter 19: The shapes in the clouds.
Chapter 20: The Ant and his escort.
Chapter 21: Night Life.
Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.
Chapter 22: Consequences.
Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.
Chapter 24: Dear Rien.
Chapter 25: My brother; the snake.
Chapter 26: Low spirits all 'round.
Chapter 27: Breakfast routine
Chapter 28: Discovery bay.
Chapter 29 : In-flight
Chapter 29 continued...
Chapter 30: Human of the wolf pack.
Chapter 31: As he lay dying.
Chapter 32: My promise to the world.
Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.
Chapter 34: In transition
Chapter 35: My Keeper. My Savior. My King.
Chapter 36: Soon it will pass...
Chapter 37: Let us howl at the moon...
Chapter 38: Schemes and Plans
Chapter 39: Betrayal
Chapter 40: Some Are Born Great.
Chapter 41: What lies within
Mini bonus Chapter
Chapter 42: A little bit of your attention
Sneak Peek for chapter 43
Chapter 43: The blue room and the brothers.
Chapter 44: The Universe Has Won.
Chapter 45: Zahir
Chapter 46: The calm before the storm
Chapter 47: Immortality
Chapter 48: In the throes of war
Chapter 49: Target Practice
Chapter 50: Heir to the Throne
Chapter 51: Clandestine Lover
Chapter 52: First Son.
Chapter 53: Kandane
Chapter 54: The S.S. Christoah
Chapter 55: Primary Objective
Chapter 56: Damascus and Demetrius
Chapter 57: Our Future Together
Chapter 58: Sweet Mary
Chapter 59: Brother Dearest

Chapter 2: Vamp moods

108K 3.8K 1K
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter 2

“Your pizza’s getting cold.”

I looked up at the offending creature with narrowed eyes and he stared at me with all the innocence of a young child. I shook my head and turned away, it was hard to believe that this was the same creature who had prevented me from escaping the day before.

If it wasn’t for the very sharp fangs that bared themselves whenever he spoke and the inhuman strength I’d have been out the door the moment Rien had left this morning.

“My keeper will be displeased if he returns and he sees you haven’t eaten.”

“Your keeper? What are you a dog?” I asked bitterly and as he’d been doing since the day started; he took my insult in stride, which annoyed me to no end.

“If that’s the best equivalent you can find to describe the duties of a drudge then I suppose I am...though I had thought humans were a bit more skillful in their use of the English language.” He said simply and I bristled.

“Then what are you? His lover? His little maid? What?” I asked again, throwing my hands up in annoyance and he smiled.

“I am his drudge. I perform whatever duties he sees fit.” Was his simple reply and my eyes narrowed.

“So you’re like a slave…so if he asked you to kill for him you’d do it.”

“Without question.”

I didn’t even know why I was making conversation with him. Gaining his trust was a pointless endeavor if I couldn’t use it to help me escape and with the way his loyalty to Rien ran; it would be next to impossible.

I pushed up from my seat and the creature’s eyes followed me as I made my way across the room and out onto the balcony. I’d go crazy if I had to stay here for much longer. I had responsibilities to my country, to my fellow marines; sitting here while completely healthy and doing absolutely nothing was a waste of time and of my training.

I found my anger at the situation rising again and I took a deep breath before propping myself up onto the ledge.

Rien and his little slave could go fuck themselves. There had to be a reason he’d come back after all this time; why he’d gone through the trouble of rescuing and healing me; then to have me guarded while he was gone.

I took it to mean that for whatever reason; my life, for the moment, was important to them, which could only mean that there wouldn’t be a threat of his slave killing me if I tried to escape.

I looked back at the slave in question with narrowed eyes. “What’s your name anyway?”

He smiled; something he did a lot I noticed and the more time I spent with him to more I wondered just how evil he could possibly be. “It is Kaio.”

“Kaio.” I said testing the name on my tongue.

“I’m told I was named after my father; though I cannot remember very much of my human life.”

“Really? You can’t be that old...when were you turned?” he didn’t look much older than me, in fact it was only his manner of speaking that gave any evidence of his maturity.

“Two hundred years tomorrow.” He offered and I assessed him warily.

 I still couldn’t get over how unchanging vampires were. The creature before me looked no more than twenty-seven years yet he’d lived almost two centuries. It was crazy.

“Did he turn you?”

“No. I was turned by a ‘familiar’.” He told me but when he realized I had no idea what he meant he smiled kindly and went on, “ A familiar is a vampire who is not of the master class; one of the common vamps who reside in my coven. Master class vampires rarely turn humans these days; one would have to be exceptional to be turned by one of the esteemed.” He explained and I hopped off the ledge and went to lean against the door frame.

 Which would explain why Rien never turned me back then; no matter how much I had begged him; guess I just wasn’t his idea of exceptional. Not that it mattered now anyway; who would even want that life.

“So how’d you meet Rien then?” I questioned out of morbid curiosity.

“For one who continues to profess his undying hatred of my keeper, you seem very interested in his goings.” He commented and I scoffed at the absurdity of his words.

“I’m not interested, I’m just passing the time since you fucking morons won’t let me leave.” I shot back.

He wasn’t offended.

“He recruited me from our coven years ago. Amongst our own; those who are not champions are thought to be weak. I’ve never been aggressive enough, as a result I was cast aside by my people and my keeper took me in. I haven’t left his side since…minus the year and a half during which time he courted you of course.” He finished and I snorted.

Courted me…right.

“You should eat…a warrior needs his strength.” He said, then gestured to the large box of untouched pizza sitting on the table before him and a thought struck me.

“It’s cold... I can’t eat it like that.” I said and as expected the ‘servant’ side of him was quick to act.

“I’ll heat it for you.” He said, then picked up the box and disappeared into the kitchen. I  saw my chance and I took it, bolting onto the balcony once more and  leaping up onto the ledge, it was just as I was about to throw myself off so I could make a quick escape into the woodland below that I felt the firm grip on my arm and I was being pulled from my perch.

I fought against his hold; using my combat training in an attempt to break free. As if I was nothing more than a small weak child, Kaio spun me around to face him; baring his teeth; his face set in a deadly expression.

“Do not tempt me human.” He growled and as I continued to fight, lashing out to land a quick punch to his nose, he grabbed my other arm, twisted and snapped.

I screamed in agony as the pain ripped through me and he released me completely.

I fell to my knees cradling my limp arm to my chest as the pain escalated. I felt like throwing up as I felt the unwelcome flash of cold sweat.

“I was instructed to keep you here. I’m not about to let my keeper down.” He was saying.

“I will heal you now and every time you try to escape I’ll break another limb until you understand the importance of what my duty means to me. Do you understand?” he asked softly, he stood staring down at me; his hands behind his back and his feet apart. I stared up at him gritting my teeth through the pain.

“Fuck you.” I gasped, then cried out again when he grabbed hold of the back of my head; jostling my broken arm in the process.

I watched, my face contorted in pain as he sunk his teeth into the flesh of his wrist. A moment later, blood was seeping from the small wound to pool into his palm. I fought against his hold when he clamped it over my mouth and I almost choked against the surge of hot liquid that flowed down my throat. Then he pulled away completely and I coughed; my throat burning.

“I am not your enemy but I am not so impressionable as to be easily manipulated by a mere human.” He continued and as I kneeled there against the hard tiles I released a breath as the pain in my arm subsided and I was able to breathe easily once again.

I pushed up from the floor, moving so that I stood an arm’s length away from him.

“You know, there’s one thing I learned back when I was a stupid kid following Rien around like some lost puppy.” I began and he titled his head slightly, “I learned that all it takes to kill an ordinary vamp is one simple knife to the heart, so you better stop hiding behind your damn immortality because the moment you think you’re safe I swear I’ll kill you.” I told him, my voice shaking with barely concealed anger. He shook his head and offered me a sweet smile.

“I wouldn’t be pathetic enough to allow a human to hurt me but it’s never a bad thing to hope I suppose.” He said and turned, leaving me alone on the balcony.

I spat, the taste of his blood on my tongue turning my stomach, then twisted my hand this way and that to test if it was fully healed. Satisfied, I dropped down onto the ledge once more, this time moving so that my back rested against the wall and I sat there for the better part of the day plotting a way to get out of the mess I was in.

………………………………….

~Rien’s POV~

“Your coven has been awaiting your return my Lord. You’ve roamed the outside for long enough. Have you forgotten your responsibilities?” Thames questioned.

“You know I haven’t.” I looked out over the city, taking in its magnificence, then back at him when he spoke once more.

“Then what’s stopping you from returning, nothing can be so important that you-”

“I’ve found a mate.” I said simply and when he only gaped at me, his eyes wide with surprise I continued. “It is my intention to present him to the coven when the time is right.”

“But you-“

I held up a hand and he fell silent.

“You should get back to the others. I have personal matters to attend to.” I explained and he paused for a second, gazing at me without saying a word, then he nodded and I turned away from him once more, listening to his footfalls against the rough concrete as he departed.

I hadn’t been standing there for very long when another blood drinker approached. This time it was one of the master class; my brethren Nathaniel.

“What is this I hear of a mate?” he spoke and I smiled despite myself, turning to greet him with open arms. Our embrace was short and welcoming and when I pulled away he too had a smile on his face.

“Does word travel so quickly then?” I questioned.

“I overheard your conversation with Thames…who by the way needs to learn his place.” He finished and I shook my head.

“He means well, though I’m beginning to wonder if things are so retched in the coven that two of its members have chosen to visit me on the same night.”

I watched him as he went to stand close to the ledge; sneaking a glance over before backing up a step.

“I never did understand your fascination with rooftops.” He commented and I smiled.

“It makes me feel in control.” I joked and he laughed heartily.

“In control brother? Have you not enough drudges and familiars to govern?”

“The control I speak of has nothing to do with governance Nathaniel and everything to do with understanding. The better understanding you get of humans the easier it is to control how they receive you, is it not?”

He appraised me with narrowed. “You do not need an understanding of humans; they are but a means to fill our stomachs.” Then he paused; considering. “Do not tell me your mate is human?” when I remained silent he continued in disbelief.

“Is this why you’ve been absent from our home for such a period? Because you believe a better understanding of humans will lead to an even greater understanding of your new mate?”

I shook my head. “No matter how much understanding I have of humans; I’ll never fully understand my mate.” Then I laughed. “I’ve been away from the coven because I must be. I have personal matters that need my undivided attention. I will return home when the time is right.” I explained but he wasn’t having it.

“What personal matters? Won’t you tell me brother? Have we reached such a low point in our bond that you now keep secrets?” he sounded hurt. As hurt as a heatless master class vamp could be expected to feel anyway, but I was quick to assure him; moving to stand before him, where I dropped a friendly arm onto his shoulder.

“Everything will be revealed in due time, do not trouble yourself. Now I’m ready to hear why you came to find me.”

He turned away and my arm fell to my side.

“Yes well, I suppose there really are more important things to discuss than mates and secrets.” He spoke and my brows furrowed as I continued to watch him.

“We have a bit of a problem back at the coven and you’re not going to like it.”

………………………………………………….

~Tony’s POV~

I was sitting around the dining table when Rien finally got back and I jumped to my feet the moment he stepped through the door. The first thing I noticed was that his usual cocky and disgustingly cheerful disposition was missing. He looked drained as if he’d just ran a marathon. I’d never seen him looking so…human before but I had more important issues to air.

“Why am I here? Why did you come back and why won’t you let me go?” I asked as soon as he glanced in my direction.

Kaio immediately went to his aid, helping him to remove his coat and I glared at the beast as he walked past me to deposit it onto the arm of a chair.

“You are my mate.” Rien said then, “I told you I would have returned for you.” He explained…then I watched as he tilted his head slightly and sniffed the air.

“Why do I smell blood?” he asked.

“Can we just cut the bullshit? I’m not your mate and you made it pretty clear you didn’t give a shit about me when you left, so why am I really here?” I shouted the question and this time he turned to me fully; his face devoid of emotion, but his eyes glinting.

“Are you calling me a liar?”

“You’re a lot a things, a liar wouldn’t surprise me; I want out of this dump.” I said gesturing to the obviously opulent and beautiful surroundings.

“You’ve chosen the wrong night to try my patience Tony. Sit down and shut up. I’ve no time to listen to your whining.”

“Kaio, a word.” He addressed his slave and turned his back to me and I felt an anger I hadn’t known I could muster consume me.

I reached out and grabbed his arm, spinning him to face me. “I’m not a kid, don’t you fucking dare treat me like one. I don’t give a damn why you came back, or why you saved my life but I couldn’t care less, I’m leaving; I’m going back to my own responsibilities and I swear if you try to-”

“Get your hands off him.” Kaio commanded, appearing by my side but before I could even acknowledge him, Rien spoke.

“I’m beginning to wonder if I’d made the right decision leaving you under the care of your state after all. All you do is whine and complain and use your foul language with no respect for those in your presence. What have they really taught you? You’ve learned nothing!” he snapped and it was as if the devil himself had taken over because I reached over as quick as a flash and swiped the dinner knife that lay beside the uneaten pizza.

I didn’t feel the coolness of the stainless steel pressed into my palm as I grabbed it up, I only felt the force of my own will as I swung it and plunged it into kaio’s chest. He collapsed instantly but not before I saw the shock written on his face.

When I turned back to Rien, his face mirrored the same.

“I learned exactly what they wanted me to learn. How to kill. Now get me the fuck out of here.”

                                        AUTHOR'S NOTES

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK OF THAT... CAN'T WAIT TO REALLY GET INTO THE STORY; IT'S GONNA BE EXCITING!

sHOUToUT: TO  kgrissom; a dedicated reader who makes writing on wattpad worth it! Thanks you so much for your support sweetie it means so much <3

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!

KEEP SWEET!

DoUbLe.A

-unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 455 36
"Don't ever think that we're friends." Avyugh gritted. "Aw, I thought we were past that," Alarion grinned, taking up Avyugh's space. "I will make yo...
195K 8.3K 63
Rosalie Hale grew up in New York, she was born in the year 1915 and died in 1933. Everyone should know her story, but what if there was someone else...
39.6K 1.3K 34
In which Alexia Kirby will meet a girl with beautiful blue eyes, only to find out it's the same girl her brother is always talking about. Will Alexia...
4.8M 287K 101
In this life, a human without the money to pay for their own life is worth nothing. Take those humans in as property, breed them, and you'll end up l...