Magi: Hiraeth

Por lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... Mais

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
53: Moon
54: Summit

26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa

2.4K 108 15
Por lilyofthelamplight_

Queen Yukiko Heiwa

The imperial palace in Kou was bustling with the servants running here and there carrying stuff and cleaning. A rather important guest is coming according to one of Kouen's household member, Ri Seishuu. A letter arrived yesterday from a white owl, the letter tied to its leg, saying that the guest will be arriving in a month to be granted the audience of Emperor Koutoku and Prince Ren Kouen.

"But this is really weird, Kouen-sama looks very excited about this visitor? Who was it?" Gakukin asked the lion faced household member Shuu Kokuton.

"I don't really know who or where they are from. But if Kouen-sama is like that then it must be a very interesting guest. He even halted our appoinment in Balbadd because of this visitor." He replied. Just then they saw Kouen in the garden looking at a certain flower before turning his back from it and walked towards them.

"Ri Seishuu, Gakukin, Shuu Kokuton, Enshou. I want a word with you." He addressed them and walked passed them, as a sign to follow him. "The guest is someone of importance and high birth. I expect that all of you will be polite and proper infront of them. They will play and important role for our empire."

"Kouen-sama, if I may be so bold---"

"They are arriving by today. The letter was sent a month ago and that owl was delayed for a long time. That person, that's why we use a hawk, idiot." He mumbled the last part as he takes a look at the bracelet resting on his left arm. "You'll be welcoming them at the port later. In the mean time, tell everyone to work faster and inform my brothers and sisters that they should be present."

"Yes, Kouen-sama." They all did the salute of Kou before leaving to carry out Kouen's order.

On the other side of the palace a certain pink haired princess is humming a song as she makes a flower crown using some dandelions that are in the garden when she noticed the rather busy atmosphere around her.

"Huh? What seems to be the matter? Is there something happening in the palace today?" She asked herself before standing up and proceeding to walk towards her quarters when she happened to see Ka Koubun. "Hey, Ka Koubun!" She called out and the man immediately went infront of her.

"Yes, my princess? Is there something that you need?"

"What's happening? Why is everyone busy so suddenly?"

"Ah, about that matter huh." He then looked at the running servants before returning his gaze towards the princess. "An important guest is arriving later today. They were summoned by Kouen-sama himself and was granted permission by our emperor. It must be someone really important."

"Maybe its King Sinbad! I should get dressed!"

"Yes you should, my princess. Kouen-sama wants everyone of you, his siblings, to be present later. They are going to introduce you to the guest."

Kougyouko then happily returned to her room and started getting ready out of excitement. "King Sinbad is coming~ King Sinbad is coming~" she sang as she brushes her hair.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

At the port in Kou, a rather huge ship, with something that is of different design and appearance to the ships that the people of Kou has seen before. It looks sturdy and can withstand huge waves when sailed on. Printed on the sail was an eight pointed snowflakewith the character " 雪 " on the center octagon (it was a character that means Snow).

"The guests from the Kingdom of Xue, its ruler, has arrived!" Announced someone as eight people wearing identical clothing but of different colors on their side armor like blue, red, orange, yellow, green, violet, black and white went down from the ship first and formed a line of three and four as they wait for someone to go down from it. (That is the clothes that the Seven Lords and Setsuna are wearing but of different colors.)

A man with long white hair came down wearing the traditional clothing of Xue but was red and black in color. Dragon designs are visible on the cloth used and his crown was studded in different colored gems.

"That must be the King." Whispered a common man to another as they observe the unfolding scene.

"It's my first time to see such a crest. Xue Kingdom? It sounds familiar but I can't put my finger on it."

"Huh? Aoren-sama," called Kurosaki as he looks up to the ship. "Where's Yukiko-sama?"

"Eh?" Aoren looked up and saw no one coming down. "She was just right behind me."

"Good day, your majesty." The household members of Kouen gave him the salute of their country, Kou, before continuing. "Kouen-sama is waiting for you. We'll be leading you to the palace to be presented upon the emperor since you are the--"

"Ah, I'm not supposed to be the one whom you should be welcoming." Aoren cut them off before they could finish.

"Queen Yukiko! You musn't!" Said a voice followed by running foot steps up the inclined plain of the ship.

"Eh? Queen?" Ri Seishuu muttered as he looks up to see a woman that looks almost like the man infront of them appear at the top of the wooden imclined plane.

The woman was wearing a light blue royal clothing that has snowflake designed jewels on it. Her crown was made of gold and blue gems rather than the crown she wore at the coronation. It was a much simpler crown with gold tassels framing her face, a golden hairpin keeping it intact. She was carrying a golden staff with a medium size silver snowflake resting ontop of it. She looks more important than the one who first got down (which is Aoren).

"Brother, you've forgotten this." She said as she was helped by Kiren and Midoriko at going down.

"To have the Queen carry your stuff, Lord Aoren that's just impolite." Setsuna commented as she takes the staff from Yukiko and gave it to him.

"My apologies." Aoren smiled as he holds onto his staff before turning to the household members who were assigned to guide them to the palace.

"Wait, you're not the king but that woma--" Ri Seishuu got cut off when two swords immediately found their way against his throat. It was two men who are wearing black and red, holding their blades against the household member's throat. The two were giving him a murderous gaze with their black and red eyes.

(Fun fact: The Seven Lords have eyes the same color as their family color the exception being the Blue Family who has emerald green eyes. The Green Family has a very dark shade of green so it is quite easy to tell.)

The other household members of Kouen immediately tried to retaliate but was cut short when someone spoke up.

"Kurosaki. Akashi." Yukiko called for their names and the two immediately sheathed their swords and went back to their line.

"Our apologies, my Queen. We just find his comment impudent; to address you as such.." Kurosaki said before glaring at the household member with snake like hair with a murderous intent. "..is something that we can't tolerate."

The other Seven Lords and Setsuna did the same as they were doing their salute.

"My, my. We should clear the confusion. Allow me to do it." Aoren then gestured to the Seven Lords. "These are the head of the seven noble families that makes up Xue also known as The Seven Lords. This woman here is Setsuna, Lieutenant General of Xue's army. I am Aoren Heiwa, the First Prince of Xue and this is my sister." He gestured at Yukiko who just gave them a small nod in acknowledgement.

"Aoren-sama. Please do it more clearly." Reiji remarked with a click of his tongue. "They should know who to respect." He mumbled as his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

"My, why is everyone so hot blooded today?" Aoren chuckled before gesturing at Yukiko again. "This is the Seventh ruler of the Kingdom of Xue, Queen Yukiko Heiwa."

Audible gasps can be heard and murmurs started too. The Seven Lords were about to draw out their swords again when a huge shadow loomed over them. They looked up and saw a rather large red carpet with the Kou Empire's logo on it. It landed right between Ri Seishuu and Aoren. A man with pinkish red hair in a high ponytail carrying a fan made of black feathers was standing on it along with a man clad in armor with a bow and arrows on his back.

"I am the second prince of the Kou Empire, Ren Koumei. Please accept my apologies for arriving late and for any rudeness and inconvenience our men may have caused you." He scanned all the people from Xue standing infront of him. Aoren's smile was still present and Yukiko was just looking at him when she suddely gave him a small smile.

"You've grown, Prince Koumei." She commented and the mentioned man just gave him a small bow with a small smile on his lips as well.

"We've been waiting for your arrival, Queen Yukiko. We're glad that you arrived safely." He got down the carpet and motioned them to follow him. "The carriages that will take you to the palace are waiting. The emperor is truly delighted for you had finally come to his summon."

----- ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ -----

A/N:
All images used here are not mine. Credits goes to the original owner of the said pictures.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

40K 1.3K 20
The phrase "keep your enemies close" is one the King of Sindria - untamed and proud - embraces when a skilled assassin chooses him as her next target...
95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...
25.3K 674 36
Ver-mill-ion Bird /vərˈmilyən/ /bərd/ noun - one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations "The Vermillion Bird is elegant and noble in both...
20.3K 542 9
So I haven't seen many, or any to be honest, of these so I'll try my best to make it a good story! You are a slave girl originally from the Dark Con...