The Anon

By lostinareverie

One blog, one girl, two very different people. 17 year old Charlotte Knight has always gone unnoticed with he... More

The Anon: Prologue
Chapter 2: My Romeo to My Juliet
Chapter 3: My one and only Pedophile Stalker
Chapter 4: High School Drama is Shit
Chapter 5: The Secrets Out
Chapter 6: Whole Other Universe
Chapter 7: Well, that escalated quickly
Chapter 8: Fast and Furious
Chapter 9: Social Status
Chapter 10: Badass Blogger
Chapter 11: Sorrys, Blogging and Secrets Revealed. Oh my!
Chapter 12: Blackmailing with a Hint of Lipstick
Chapter 13: Seventeen and Pregnant with a Sack of Weed
Chapter 14: All is Fair in Love & War
Chapter 15: Rule #2: Don't be Eager
Chapter 16: Breaking News
Chapter 17: The Perks of being a Famous Blogger
Chapter 18: My Wifi and I have a Strong Connection
Chapter 19: Officially Shipping Chaslette
Chapter 21: Keep Calm and Tell the Future
Chapter 22: The Double Date Horror
Chapter 23: The Hunt for Chase Parker
Chapter 24: Counting Stars
Chapter 25: The Attack from the Hacker
Chapter 26: It Came in like a Wrecking Ball
Chapter 27: Doctor, Doctor!
Chapter 28: Dress Prep but Don't have Pep
Chapter 29: Revelations
Chapter 30: Mending Broken Parts
Chapter 31: Better Things to Come
Epilogue

Chapter 20: Cupid and her partner in Crime are in trouble

59.6K 2K 552
By lostinareverie

Chapter 20: Cupid and her partner in Crime are in trouble

Sadly, it was Monday, the most dreaded day of the week. Getting out of bed, I checked my blog. Smiling, I saw my profile picture which was the contest winner of the best picture with a potato. It was this girl that was crying over a plate of French fries. Scrolling through my blog I found multiple comments telling me to do a live twitcam or tell them who I am. Shaking my head I went changed and got ready for school.

        By the time I was downstairs, I saw a super sad Britton at the kitchen island, moping in his cereal bowl. Curious as to why my brother was so sad, I dropped my bag at the kitchen entrance and sat across from him.

        “Why the sad face, bro?” I asked as I locked my hands together and placed them in front of me on the counter. Britton looked up from his cereal, with a serious sad face and that’s when I knew I’ve seen this before. Rolling my eyes, I slumped in my chair.

        “Britton, don’t tell me its girl issues?” I said giving him a pointed look. Britton nodded slightly in response.

        “Dude, Britton, whatever her name was a total Barbie and plus she was using you for your dic-” I was about to finish when Aunt Lucy came in.

        “Char…” She said giving me a pointed looking knowing how I was going to finish that sentence.

        “Fine she was using you for your… um… dingaling?” I said not sure if I had used the write word choice. Aunt Lucy stifled a laugh behind me while Britton snorted. Hey, at least I got him to somewhat laugh!

        “Britton, you’ve never been upset over a girl, so why over this girl?” I asked honestly curious since he was never like this over relationships.

        “Well, maybe it’s that my little sister has a boyfriend now. I feel lonely now.” He said in a sad tone. A smile crept on my face.

        “You’ll get used to it. That’s why you should use the internet.” I said as I patted Britton on the back and grabbed my back, ready to go to school.

*

        “Britton, I’m sure there is a girl for you out there! She could be closer than you think!” I said as I soothed him while he pulled into the dreaded school parking lot.

        “I really hope so and homecoming is coming up and it’s senior year and I’m the quarterback so I kind of need to have a date or I’ll be a lameo.” He sighed as we both got out.

        “Well cupid is somewhere.” I said as I waved to Britton and headed into the school. As I walked to my locker I found Michelle and Emily standing there giggling.

“What’s so funny?” I asked them as I spun the dial on my locker.
“Our little Char is growing up!” said Emily as she pinched my cheeks. Swatting away Emily’s hand I looked at the two of them confused.

“What do you mean ‘growing up’?” I asked as I pushed my hair behind my ear.

“Oh please, it’s not like we don’t know about you and Chase.” said Michelle as she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. Blushing I turned back to my locker and started grabbing books from my locker. As I closed my locker shut, Michelle and Emily’s voices quieted down. Surprised as to why they stopped talking, I turned around to find my waist pulled into a chest. Looking up I saw I was in Chase’s grasp. A cheeky smile played on his face.

“Heard you guys were talking about me.” He stated as I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled back at him.

“When do you not hear your name?” I asked rolling my eyes.

“When my mom’s calling because she usually calls for me to set the table.” and I started laughing.

“Umm... we’re still here, but we ship you guys so it’s okay to be all couply.” said Michelle from next to me as Emily suppressed a giggle. But at the word ‘couply’ my smile faltered. I was remembering my conversation with Britton in the morning. Chase leaned into my ear and whispered.

“You okay?” he asked, concerned etched in his voice.

“I’ll tell you late.” I said as the bell rang.

“Alright, I’ll see you guys later.” I said as Chase entwined his hand in mine. Emily eyed the physical contact and just had to comment on it.

“Stay safe my children! Use protection!” she yelled after us. My cheeks blushed bright red as Chase laughed. As we walked down the hallway I realized the amount of people looking at Chase and I and I started to get uncomfortable.

“Char, you okay?” asked Chase as he looked at me sideways.

“Um? Yeah, I’m fine.” I said hoping not to worry him.

“You’re lying. Cough it up.” He said.

“What? How did you know I was lying?!”

“You’re fidgeting. So what’s up?” he asked as his hand squeezed mine in reassurance.

“Well. Two things. One do you really want to be open about us dating? I mean I’m fine if it’s a secret. I good at that like I mean like I am a secret famous blogger and-” I was cut off my by Chase’s lips on mine. At first I was surprised and a bit angry that he cut me off like that but hey who can keep mad when a super hot boy is kissing you? He pulled away and I knew his answer and I smiled in response.

“So what is the second thing?” He asked continuing the walk to my class.

“Oh, yeah Britton was just upset that he is single and lonely.” I said as I shrugged.

“Wait, Britton? Dude he can get any girl he wants, why is he upset?” Chase said in a incredulous tone.

“That’s what I thought too, but I think he isn’t in love. You know what I mean?” I said as we stopped in front of my class door.

“I sure do.” He said giving me a smirk and I laughed at his cheesiness. Just as I was about to reply to his lame romance attempt Chase’s phone buzzed. He took it out and smiled at it.

“Who is it?” I asked curiously.

“Stella. She asked if I was being a romantic boyfriend or not.” I laughed, but then something clicked.

“What the hell?! Why didn’t I think of this earlier?!” I screamed in excitement. I started jumping up and down around Chase.

“What?” Chase said totally oblivious to the idea he gave me.

“Stella, man! Stella and Britton! Yes! Thank you, Chase!” I said as I hugged him and went into my classroom with the biggest smile on my face. Time for cupid to make his return.

*

“Britton?” I called as I opened the door to my house. Tossing my bag on to the couch I went in search of my brother. Climbing the stairs, I found Britton’s bedroom door closed which is slightly unusual. Slowly walking to his room I placed my ear on the door and heard slight sobbing. Turning the doorknob I entered his room which was pitch black. I found the light switched and flipped it open. Britton had his laptop on his bed while his comforter was wrapped around him.

“Oh Jesus.” I said as I walked over to him. As I sat next to Britton I saw he was watching a chick-flick.

“Britton, are you feeling lonely?” I asked in a counselor voice.

“Maybe.” He said as he looked like a little boy who was lost.

“Well, guess who got you a blind date with someone is definitely your other half.”

“A blind date? With who?!” He asked as his eyes sparkled in anticipation.

“Now would it be a blind date if you knew who it is? Why don’t you get dressed. The date is at 6.” I said as I left his room. I heard Britton scurry around his room trying to get himself together for this date. As soon as I was out of earshot I got my phone out.

“Hey, Char. Did he agree?” asked Chase through the phone.

“Yeah, he was watching a chick-flick so I think he is happy to be out. Did Stella say yes?” I asked hoping she said agreed as well.

“Yup. So I’ll meet you at the restaurant?”

“Yeah. Bye.”

“Bye.” And with that we both ended the call. As soon as I put the phone down Britton came and stood next to me. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a blue button down over it and jeans.

“Do I look good? Is this too casual? Should I have gelled my hair?” He asked as he checked his reflection in the hallway mirror.

“Britton you look great stop freaking out. The girl is going to love you.” I said as I placed a blindfold over his eyes.

“What are you doing?” He asked flailing his arms around.

“Oh hold still you idiot. I really want to make this a true blind date.” And Britton stopped. I tied the black blindfold over his eyes. Grabbing his arm I dragged him to the car and made him sit in the passenger seat.

The drive was filled with questions from Britton such as ‘who’s the girl?’ to ‘Her jaw is gonna drop she sees this sexy hunk of a man in front of her.’

“Alright, you can stop with your cockiness. We are at the restaurant.” I said as I gave him my arm to which he could hold onto as I guided him through the restaurant. I told him to watch out for tables and chairs. Finally I reached the table where Chase was with a blindfolded Stella. Chase bent down and whispered something in Stella’s ear which made her smile nervously. I pulled Britton’s chair out and he sat in it. I went behind him and untied his blindfold as did Chase did to Stella’s. Hastily, Britton tore at the fabric and his mouth fell open as he saw who it was.

“Stella?” He asked as Stella looked from Chase, to me, to Britton.

“Britton?” Stella asked as well as Britton repeated Stella’s previous moves.

“So... Cupid and her partner in crime are going to go.” I said as I tried to walk away, but Stella grabbed my wrist.

“You do realize I’m on a date with your brother, right?” She asked as though I wasn’t sane.

“Yeah, I’m aware of that. Now enjoy, lovebirds!” I said as I grabbed Chase’s hands and pulled him out of the restaurant.

“Stella is so going to kill me after this date.” Chase said as he shook his head, but smiled.

“Hey, I’m going to the bathroom, then we can go the park and pretend to frolick in the meadow.” I said as I started to weave my way through the restaurant again. I found the restrooms and used it. As I came out and was washing my hand I heard a voice behind.

“Well, look who it is. It’s little miss man-stealer.” said Alison Miller. Her blond hair straightened was thrown over her shoulder. Her lips made a slight duck mouth and I didn’t know if she was made or trying to pose for some selfie.

“Umm... I didn’t really steal your man. He was never yours to start off.” I said as I tried walking past her, but she blocked my path.

“There is something fishy about you, Knight and I’m going to find out what it is.” She said as she moved out of my path and I sprinted out of the restroom. As I got out of the restaurant I spotted Chase leaning against his car. I walked over to him.

“Ready to go?” I asked in the calmest tone I could manage.

“Yeah.” he said as he opened the car door for me like a gentleman and walked over to the drivers seat. It was a quick drive to the near by park. The two of us got out and made our way under the tree. I got my phone out and started scrolling through my blog, when my phone was plucked out of my hands.

“Hey!” I yelled, only to see Chase holding my phone in one hand and a jar of nutella in the other. He weighed the two of them in each of his hand. It was a dilemma. Nutella or my phone. Smiling I took the jar of Nutella and ran down the hill away from the tree. I could hear footsteps behind me which were definitely Chase’s. Soon I was tackled to the ground with me on top of Chase in a rather compromising position.

“I always thought I would be on top.” Chase pouted and me turning bright red from his insinuation.

“Let’s eat this nutella.” I said as I got off of him.

“I got spoons up at the near.” And so we climbed back up the hill we tumbled down. At the bottom of the tree were two plastic spoons on top of Chase’s phone.

“Chase? Where is my phone?” I asked a bit worried.

“It was right next to my phone. Why are you so worried?” he asked standing right next to me. Looking around there was no sign of my phone. Panic was setting in.

“I think someone stole it and my blog is on there.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys,

DUN DUN DUN..... Char is just so careless sometimes. But what do you guys think of Britton and Stella gettin together? Calling them Brella. Anyways, I hope you liked it! Check out my other book called Chemistry or Chemistry! It's based on some true events! Sorry, shameless self promoting :P

And I want to thank you guys so so so so so much for all the lovely comments you leave and how you guys love this book so much or how its your fave on wattpad. like you have no idea how much those comments make my day. and with all your votes and reads it means a tone. and plus a bunch of my friends think im sort of famous author so they all kind of bow down to me. 

Stay in school and don't do drugs,

Alex :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3M 542K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
394K 11.7K 28
Cover by @daniella-lavonne ~~~~ "You're a nerd you should know the answer" he said inches away from my face "And what if I don't?" I answered cr...
4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...
2.1M 47.7K 50
"Girls, girls, calm down! I don't want to get anyone else here pregnant!" He joked. "Anyone else pregnant?" "Are you saying somebody in this room is...