Save Me

By HippyHilda

(Book #3: Rich Kids series) Since the birth of her son in high school, Lauren has been through it all in her... More

1| Lauren
2| Brandon
3| Lauren
4| Brandon
5| Lauren
6| Brandon
7| Lauren
9| Lauren
10| Brandon
11| Lauren
12| Brandon
13| Lauren
14| Brandon
15| Lauren
16| Brandon
17| Lauren
18| Brandon
19| Lauren
20| Brandon
21| Lauren
22| Brandon
23| Lauren
24| Brandon
25| Lauren
26| Brandon
27| Lauren
28| Brandon
29| Lauren
30| Brandon
31| Lauren
32| Brandon
33| Lauren
34| Brandon
35| Lauren
36| L+B
READ THIS...

8| Brandon

423 22 10
By HippyHilda

Erin in mm

"Hey, you okay over there? You look tired..."

"I'm fine," I casually lied to the rookie cop while looking through some case files, but he was indeed right. Last night was pretty hectic at my crib after all of the shenanigans.

"Okie dokie, partner."

I groaned when hearing Reed cross that line again. Although, Cap't Frazier had him along side me I never would consider him my partner. He was just dead weight on these cases we had to work.

"Kid, how many times do I have to tell you that we're not partners..." I calmly stated, trying not to dose off at my desk.

"Fine, so what are we then?"

"Co-workers. You just here for the ride."

After I said that, I could see that he wasn't as chipper and talkative as he was prior to me saying that. I sighed.

"Look kid...This is a job, not a daycare. I don't come to work to play and be friends. We're here to help keep our city safe by any means, at least I am. Don't take anything I say personal."

When glancing down at my watch, it was after 8 pm and my shift was coming to an end. I stood up and gathered my things to leave.

As I approached the front of the precinct, the rookie was galloping behind me. "Yo, Brandon. Wait up!" I turned to face Jared with a blank face.

"What up?"

"So, my wife is having this celebration cookout thing for my promotion and she really wants to meet you man. You should come through."

Before I could even deny his offer, he handed me an invitation. Instead of arguing with him, I stuffed it in my pocket and gave him a head nod. "Alright, later," I told him while already walking away from him.

When finally inside my car, I took a deep breath and immediately popped two pills into my mouth. I chewed them up to bits and swallowed him them down before taking off to my home.

"Dang, man." I walked in my loft to see Lauren's son on the couch watching wrestling. I glanced around to see that his mom wasn't around.

"C'mon, bro do your finisher!" He yelled at the tv as if the match was stressing him out.

I shook my head and smirked when just remembering the days that my dad and I used to watch it way back when.

"He's not too loud, is he?"

I hadn't even noticed that Lauren was buried deep under the covers right beside him on the couch.

"Nah," I said, walking to the kitchen while loosening up my tie after a long day. "He good." I took a bottle of water from my fridge and sat up on my counter as I drank it.

"Hey, um I never did say thank you for last night."

I quickly glanced over to see Lauren standing on the end of the kitchen with the covers still wrapped around her. I could tell that she had been sulking all day by the look of her blood shot eyes.

"It's cool. How you and the kid doing today?" I questioned.

Lauren sighed deeply obviously holding back any sign of pain in her heart and shrugged. "He's oblivious, which is great I guess."

"And you?" I rephrased, knowing that she was still hurt after everything that occured last night.

"I'll let you be the judge of that. My S.O.B for a husband is fucking my mom. On top of that, he cleaned out my bank accounts and took the car this morning."

She was angry and rightfully so. Her husband is a certified bitch nigga for what he's doing to her and their son.

"My bad, shouldn't have went there..."

"What am I supposed to do now? Like I can't even tell you the first step of how be on my own. Christian did all of that, bills and finances types shit."

"Just start over," I mumbled to her.

"With what money."

"Transfer your direct deposits from the old account a new one. Plus, you only need 25 dollars to an account at Regions...start from there. An apartment and car will come sooner than later."

"Yeah, but--"

"Lauren, no buts. You got it. I already told you what to do and if you need a tutorial on how to do it, you got it. Stop doubting..." I calmly spoke.

She gave me a skeptical look and I stared back at her, waiting for her to state her piece. "What?"

"Why are you doing all of this?"

"Being nice?" She nodded. "Just because..."

Lauren smacked her teeth and crossed her arms. "I call BS."

"Well, since you're acting too prideful to ask your rich dad for any money or to ask your friends for a place to stay...my mindset as a cop setting in. I can't have you on the street, even if you do annoy me." A small grin formed on her face while I sat there half-sleep.

"Mhm, just admit it."

"Admit what?"

"You're a big softy, that's what..." I smacked my teeth and shook my head. "The Doc McStuffins bracelet is all the proof I needed, but this solidifies my theory."

"Whatever."

"So, I have a question but I don't want to piss you off by asking it."

"What?"

Lauren twisted her mouth before sharing her thought. "Um, so I noticed that last night when you were sleeping on the couch you were in a pool of sweat and you were shaking. I wanted to wake you up, but I didn't want to frighten you even more."

"It's nothing," I told her with the quickness, but that ultimately was one of the reasons why I was always tired these days.

"You sure? I've seen cases like that at work whe--"

"I don't need a diagnosis," I interrupted her and hopped off of my counter top.

"I didn't mean to piss you off, but you looked petrified and I thought I should bring it up."

I nodded and headed to my bathroom to go shower. "It's not that serious, but anyway I'm going to take a shower and, then, I'll take you to the bank to open up an account."

Before I could even get to the room, there was a knock at the door. I sighed and jogged over to answer it.

I was met with a petite white woman with a workout jumpsuit. "Can I help you?" I asked, trying to speed the interaction up.

"I'm looking for Brandon Wallace," she stated.

"That's me."

She pulled out white papers and I already knew what was being handed to me. "You've been served."

Before I could even stop the woman, she rook off running. I slammed the door closed and just stared at the papers, not reading them.

Lauren came over beside me and snapped her fingers. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, she just informed me that I'm being sued. Lucky me..." I said sarcastically with a mental roll of my eyes.

"For what?"

I shrugged and glanced down to read. "Wrongful death of--"

I froze when seeing the words. It all hit me so fast, but I knew I deserved this. I knew it.

"I think you should go see a doctor for that, babe. You always wake up in cold sweats," Erin said while her hand raked through my beard.

"Why you always watching me?" I asked with a curious eye looking up at her.

"Cause' you're important to me..."

I shook my head at her response and instantly got up from laying in between her legs. "You gotta stop saying shit like that. You're married, did you forget?"

Erin rolled her eyes at what I said, but she knew it was the truth. I wasn't about to be the reason that her kid don't have their mom around.

"Brandon, where are you going? This is your house..." she reminded me and I shrugged.

"I need to take a run."

Erin followed behind me to the bathroom and wrapped her arms around my waist. As I washed my face, her hands massaged in between my inner thigh area.

"C'mon, chill out." I groaned, trying to control my urges to fuck her again.

"I'll stop if you stay," she whispered in her ear before kissing on my back.

I took her arms from around me and faced her. She was looking back up at me with a innocent smirk and I bit down on my bottom lip. "You play too much, you know that."

"What you mean?"

"I mean, it's time for you to go. I'm sure that Ethan is at home waiting for you and I don't want to hear him complaining to me about how you're being distant again."

Erin sighed deeply and wrapped her arms around my waist again while looking up at me. "I'm leaving him, Brandon. It's time."

My brows rose and I fake laughed. "You tripping. You not going nowhere."

She gave me a annoyed look. "Why not? Me and you belong, you just too scared to admit it."

"Nah, not stop playing like that. Ethan is a good man."

"Yeah, right. He's such a good man that you're fucking his wife on a regular basis, some man!" Erin pushed off of me and walked out of the bathroom.

I hated when she did this shit. It always made our partnership difficult at work later on in the day. "I just don't think that's a good idea and, even still, we wouldn't be able to just be together...we work together, that's conflicting."

"We'd have to get new partners, big deal. Brandon, I love you. I'm in love with you and I've never felt this way about a man, ever. You can't tell me that what we have isn't special..."

I hesitated to speak, but I couldn't afford to lose anybody else right now even if it meant lying. She meant too much to me. "Yeah, it is."

That million dollar smile appeared on her face like I wanted. "Well, then. Sounds like we have this all figured out. I'm going to tell Ethan after Eboni's birthday and, then, we can do this. Me and you, ride or die."

"The wrongful death of--who?"

"I got my thoughts back in line and said it out loud. "The wrongful death of Erin Stabler, my old partner."

Vote, comment, and whatever else ;)

Slow chapter, but it helps move the story. Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34 14 15
After her mom is arrested for robbery, seventeen-year-old Lauren Woods is forced to move in with her mom's best friend, Katie. She wouldn't have a pr...
279K 6.4K 31
Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro is sick of worrying about her youngest son. ft. Cristiano Ronaldo
7.3K 138 41
Arias abusive mom is no help to arias life. Her rich dad takes care of her only in the summer but gives her everything she wants. Junior year Ethan a...
348K 9.8K 37
It's been three years since Madison was kicked out by her mother . She is now staying with her grandmother and focused on finishing high school. Fall...