Destiny Ninja 2: Kaito

By AngelynFelices

BASED ON THE APP BY NTT SOLMARE A genius fire-wielding ninja who surpasses his ancestor. Kaito is the only so... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
End

Chapter 9

185 1 1
By AngelynFelices

If I'm not killed by the Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven by my coming-of-age day, the world will be destroyed... And I need to be killed by a descendant of one of the ninjas whom Lady [Y/N] the First had formed an emotional bond with, and the one I love...? 

I look up at Kaito. Kaito stares back at me. 

The one whom I care about the most... There is no one else but Kaito...! 

"I have to kill [Y/N]...?" 

"Charged by the impurity, the Sword will turn to an instrument to fulfill the curse. Once the Sword becomes the instrument, anyone, not only [Y/N], will be able to wield it. Because it will no longer be the original Sword..." 

"Kaito, the following sentence in the scroll... after 'Except'..." 

"Yeah, it must have talked about this..." 

"Oh no...! And we thought it explained how to break the curse!?" Shiroya exclaims. 

"So no matter how hard we try, [Y/N] has to die to save the island...?" Ran says. 

"Lady [Y/N] the First." Kaito says. 

"Yes?"  

"Isn't there... any other way to break the curse?" 

"I am sorry, but I have no answer to the problem, either. I wish my descendant, [Y/N], would not have to die if it were all possible. When I was still alive, my fellow ninjas and I searched for ways to break the curse. However, in our life time... we could not find anything." 

"Darn it!" 

"Even Lady [Y/N] the First could not find another way..." Shiroya says. 

Everyone hangs his and her head down in despair. 

"However..." Lady [Y/N] the First continues. "With all of you together, you might be able to find it." 

"Lady [Y/N] the First..." I say. 

"Please... do not give up on it until the end. And please... save my dear descendant... [Y/N]." 

"Yes... We intend to." Kaito says. 

"Kaito..." Though I, and everyone else are slowly giving up on it... Kaito still has his head up. He hasn't given up on me yet... 

With a faint, content smile on her face, Lady [Y/N] the First turns her gaze to Kaito.  

"Are you a descendant of Lord [Y/N]?" she asks. 

"Wha-!? How did you know? Do I look like Lord Enya?" 

"I don't think so..." I say. 

She chuckles. "I do no think you look like Lord Enya very much, either. But, your attitude of looking straight ahead and never giving up... perhaps resembles to that of Lord Enya. Lord Enya was just like you." 

I can tell that Lady [Y/N] the First and Lord Enya had great trust in each other... 

"[Y/N]..." 

"Yes, madam." 

"I am... truly sorry for having you put in this situation." 

"Please do not be sorry... It is not your fault." 

"I have been regretting not being able to set you free from the curse. But, I believe you and your fellow ninjas can fight against your destiny and change it..." 

The instant she finishes saying so, a bright light envelopes our surroundings. I keep my eyes closed tightly, and wait for the light to fade away. As I open my eyes timidly... 

"Ah..." 

Lady [Y/N] the First is no longer there. 

"Lady [Y/N] the First..." 

"[Y/N]..." Kaito says. 

"Yes..." 

"Don't you feel like we were in a dream or something?" Rindoh questions. 

"Yeah." Shiroya answers. 

"I can't believe she really showed up..." Ran says. 

"Seeing her made me think there may be nothing impossible." Shiroya says. 

That's right, we have even met Lady [Y/N] the First... There may be nothing impossible as long as we don't give up. 

"Anyhow, we've got everything we gotta know now, so let's head to the Summer Village." Rindoh says. 

"Yup, let's wait to deal with our feelings and information we got here till we get to the Summer Village." Kaito says. 

"I'm gonna let Kikyo know that he should come meet us in the Summer Village, alright? Wait for me at the entrance gate of the village." Saying so, Rindoh leaves the Field of Resurrection Lilies before us. 

"We should get going too, [Y/N]... to save the island and you."

"Yeah!" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We leave for the Summer Village, and decide to spend a night out on the field along the way. I sit on a rock a little bit away from where we have set up camp, and let out a quiet sigh. 

I have to purify all the symbols, otherwise the island will be destroyed eventually... But the more I purify the symbols, the more exhausted I will become, and the Sword will suck my life away... Even if the Sword doesn't exhaust me completely, it will turn into the instrument to fulfill the curse... And Kaito has to kill me with it... Otherwise, the island will be destroyed... 

"What is the right thing to do..." I let out a murmur from my mouth, just then- 

"[Y/N], how many times do I have to tell you not to go out by yourself?"  

"Ah, Kaito..." 

"Tell me if you are going somewhere... You make me worry." Putting a wry smile on his face, Kaito sits by my side and wraps my hand gently with his. 

"Sorry, Kaito... But there are times I want to be alone." 

"Oh... Do you want me to leave then?" 

"No, I don't..." I shake my head sideways, and rest it on his shoulder. 

"Promise to tell me before you go off alone next time... Take me wherever you go, OK?" 

"OK..." 

"[Y/N], I will... never let you die, nor kill you." 

"I know..." Kaito is right, I am not the only one struggling... Kaito might have to kill me... He must be struggling with it, too. In spite of it, he treats me so kindly... "Kaito, thank you..." 

"Why are you thanking me?" 

I chuckle. "It's because you just made me happy." 

"How and when?" 

"By staying by my side, Kaito." Murmuring so, I kiss Kaito on his lips. 

"[Y/N]..."

"I love you so much, Kaito... Do you love me?" 

"You think you need to ask me that? Of course, I love you, [Y/N]..." Kaito puts a smile on his lips, and seals my lips with a kiss. 

"Mmm..." 

"How did it feel to meet you ancestor?"

"Huh? Hmm... I've heard that Lady [Y/N] the First was a princess of an aristocratic family." 

"So... that means you have the blood of a princess in you, too." 

"I am not a princess or anything... But she was a very beautiful, charming, and wonderful person... Kaito?" 

"I think you are much more beautiful than her."

"Thank you, Kaito..." 

"You are strong and beautiful... You are the best woman in the whole world to me, [Y/N]." 

"Kaito, you are praising me too much." 

"I'm just telling you the truth." 

"Enough...!" 

"Anyways, I love you, [Y/N]..." Saying so, Kaito seals my lips with a kiss. 

"Hmm..." 

"Like Lady [Y/N] the First has told us... we will find a way to break the curse. Once the Drop of Fire is purified, I'll be able to wield Agni, Roaring Flame... That might open up a new path for us. And even if the Sword turned into the instrument to fulfill the curse, it would not cause any trouble as long as I don't wield it. [Y/N], I won't give up on you or Yamato Island." 

"Great..." Ah, I love Kaito so much... But, when I think of it... If I don't die, Kaito will have to die when the island is destroyed. Not only Kaito, but Shiroya, Ran, Rindoh, my family, and everyone else will die... "Hey, Kaito..."

"Huh?" 

"I want to ask you something." 

"What is it? Tell me about it." 

"I don't want to give up till the end, and I won't... But, when the times comes that we absolutely have no other choice... I want you to kill me." 

"Are you serious...?" 

"I am dead serious... I want to save everyone... and you, Kaito." Looking into Kaito's eyes straight, I reply to him. Kaito looks into my eyes in return, and nods slightly. 

"Got it..." 

"Thanks..." 

"But I'm not giving up till the end. I won't do it unless there is absolutely no other way." 

"Yes, that will be enough. Thank you, Kaito..." It might not be so sad to be killed by Kaito, but if I told him that, he would probably get upset. I wish our wish will be granted...

As I wish so strongly, teardrops run down my cheeks and fall on my lap.  

"[Y/N]." 

"Oh, man... I-I will stop it..." 

"Don't strain yourself." Muttering so, Kaito wipes the corners of my eyes with his fingers. "You have such long eyelashes..." Kaito's gentle voice triggers more tears to well up and wet my cheeks. We stare at each other in the eye for while, and go to share a kiss, when...

Boom! A loud blast echoes from afar. We look at where the blast came from, and find a streak of black smoke rising up in the sky. 

"Isn't that..." I mumble. 

"That's where the Summer Village is!" Kaito exclaims. 

"Hey, kids!" Rindoh shouts. 

"Did you hear the blast!?" Shiroya says. 

"Didn't that just come from the Summer Village?" Ran says. 

The three of them dash towards us in a fluster. 

"Kaito, [Y/N]! Let's get back to the Summer Village right now!" Shiroya says. 

"Yeah!" Kaito says. 

What on earth is... happening...!? 

We rush back to the Summer Village, and what awaits us there is the awful scene of the Summer Village under attack of a large troop of ninjas. 

"Wh-What... is... this...!" Kaito says. 

"Oh no...!" I say. 

Houses are burnt and destroyed, and people are tied up on the streets. 

"Looks like there is no casualty yet." Ran says. 

"But... Why... What is going on here!?" Shiroya exclaims. 

"Those are... the White Tiger ninjas from the Autumn Village." Rindoh states. 

"From the Autumn Village!?" Kaito shouts. 

"What on earth are the White Tigers doing here!?" I say. 

The White Tigers are destroying different areas of the village, making their way to the mansion of the Summer Village chieftain. One of the White Tiger declares, raising his voice. "We, the Autumn Village, will rule Yamato Island!" 

"The Autumn folk rule Yamato Island? Give me a break!" Shouting so, Kaito dashes into a troop of the White Tigers. Shiroya and Ran start fighting and defeating the White Tigers near them. 

"Hey, what is this!? Who ordered you to do this?" Rindoh grabbing him by the collar, a White Tiger speaks up painfully. 

"Of course... the head..." 

"The head of the White Tigers... That's...!" I say. 

"Don't lie to me, Tiger! Kikyo would never command things like this!" Saying so, Rindoh smashes him on the ground. 

The one he means by 'the head'... is it really Kikyo!? 

"Tch... I can't wield my flames! How about you, Shiroya!!" Kaito yells. 

"Negative! I cannot wield my fire attacks, either!" Hearing Shiroya, Kaito drops his glance on the back on his hand as if something has struck his mind. 

"Look at this!" 

"Your Drop of Fire... is blackened!?" I exclaim. 

"Why is it... What made it so black..." 

"Ah! Hey, Kaito! Could it be..." 

"Huh?" 

"Lady [Y/N] the First admitted that impurity is caused by people's negative feelings. Right now, the Summer Village is filled with negative feelings of the White Tigers who are attacking it, and the negative feelings of the Summer Village who are being attacked!" 

"Right, that means..." 

"The pollution of the Drop of Fire has gotten worse!" Shiroya says. 

"What are we gonna do about it!?" Ran says. 

"We have to purify the Drop of Fire first, or the Summer Village and we, the Summer folk, will be in danger!" Kaito says. 

"Purify the Drop of Fire..." My heart beats heavily. 

I have to... purify it... Otherwise, everyone and the Summer Village will be in danger... But, I haven't fully recovered yet... I still cannot even fight properly... can I carry out such a heavy task as purification? The pollution is so serious that it is disabling Kaito and the ninjas in the Summer Village from wielding their powers... If the Sword absorbs that much pollution during the purification, it might take my life away. I cannot let that happen... If I die now, Yamato Island will be destroyed... But I cannot let the Summer Village be destroyed, either! What... what should I do? 

"[Y/N]! Behind you!" Kaito shouts. 

"Huh!?" As I look back, a White Tiger is drawing close to me and is about to swing his sword down on my head. I turn around to the left, and throw two shuriken knives at the White Tiger. One of the shuriken knives knocks his sword out of his hands, and the other makes a slight cut on his shoulder. 

Good, it wasn't too late... 

"[Y/N], watch your back!" 

"What...!" When I turn around on the spur of the moment, I see another White Tiger drawing close to me. 

I won't make it...! 

I close my eyes tightly, when... 

"Don't you dare get close to [Y/N]!" Shiroya shouts. 

"Shiroya!" Shiroya stands in front of me to protect me. The tip of Shiroya's sword is stabbing the ninja's throat slightly, and a trickle of blood is running down on his neck. Overwhelmed by Shiroya's push, the White Tiger takes a distance from him, and runs away immediately. "Shiroya, thank alo-!?" I gasp in the middle of my thanks to Shiroya. 

Shiroya... seems different from usual... Did he always have his eye color? But given this situation, he must be beside him with anger... 

"Shiroya..." As I give him a gentle squeeze on the arm, Shiroya shakes his shoulder and loosens his facial expression. 

"[Y/N], are you alright?" 

"Y-Yes, I am in one piece. Thank you, Shiroya..." 

"Did I look cool?" 

"Yeah, you looked really cool!" 

"Really!? Then, who is cooler, me or Kaito?" 

"Wha-? Ah, hmm..." 

"Come on, Shiroya, don't give [Y/N] a hard time." Poked by Kaito on the head, Shiroya sticks his tongue out mischievously. 

"So what are we gonna do? We have no choice but purify the Drop of Fire, do we?" Ran says. 

"No... Look, the Vermilion Birds are outpowered." Rindoh says. 

"Because the Drop of Fire is polluted, the Vermilion Birds are restrained from wielding their potential power..." Kaito explains. 

"Hey, don't you think... that's exactly why the White Tigers came to attack the Summer Village?" Shiroya says. 

"Wha-..." I say. 

"It all fits too perfectly to be coincidence. If they hadn't targeted the timing, there would be no way the White Tigers could defeat the Vermilion Birds!" 

"Shiroya is right, it's too weird. The White Tigers have come to attack this village with such a large troop." Ran says. "They must have known our route. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to prepare so well." 

"But, no one is supposed to know our route besides ourselves..." I say. 

On top of it, we have changed our route along the way. It should have been unpredictable. Our initial plan was to go to the Autumn Village, the Winter Village... and the Spring Village, but we changed our plan and visited the Summer Village before the Spring Village... for Kaito's training. Then we went to the Spring Village... We stopped by the estate of [Y/L/N], and came back to the Summer Village... We have been moving so irregularly, so how could they know our whereabouts? How could they prepare so well for this attack on the Summer Village? Think, you have to think, [Y/N]... 

"Hey, [Y/N]?" Kaito touches me by the shoulder. Taking hold of his hand, I think and think and think. 

It was us, no other that decided the route of this journey. Me, Kaito, Shiroya, Ran, Rindoh... and Kikyo are the ones who knew about it. Though Kikyo was not always with us, Rindoh was keeping Kikyo informed about our whereabouts... 

"Hey, what is this!? Who ordered you to do this?" 

"Of course... the head..." 

"The head of the White Tigers... That's...!" 

"Don't lie to me, Tiger! Kikyo would never command things like this!" 

The head... Kikyo... Kikyo gave this order? It cannot be... 

"There is no way!" 

"[Y/N]?" 

"[Y/N], what's the matter?" Shiroya asks. 

"What is it, [Y/N]? Have you come up with any idea?" Ran adds. 

"Rindoh..." 

"Hold on, [Y/N]. Do ya think Kikyo would really do such a thing?" 

"No, never! Kikyo has the strongest sense of justice among all of us! But, the only people who knew about our updated route were us and Kikyo... We are the only ones who knew the cause of the impurity of the symbols..." Am I right? Wasn't there anyone else who knew about it? Someone who was updated with our route and could make contact with the Autumn Village... "Anyone else..." 

"Hey, [Y/N]. Keep your head straight, okay? It could be that someone was following us, ya know? There are many White Tigers who are good at spying. It'd be better to think about that possibility before suspecting our comrades." 

"You are right, but..." 

"[Y/N], what's bugging you so much?" Kaito asks. 

"Hey, is everything alright?" Shiroya asks. 

That's right, Kaito and Shiroya were fighting far away from us... They didn't hear the conversation between Rindoh and the White Tiger ninja... 

Relieved somewhat, I regain my calmness. 

"Anyways, we have to take care of the White Tigers first. If Kikyo happens to be here, I must have a talk with him..." 

"Are you looking for me, [Y/N]?" 

"Kikyo..." Rindoh says. 

"When did you-" 

"Hey, what is that you have in your hand?" Ran asks, cutting off Shiroya mid sentence.

"As you can see, my favorite weapon." Kikyo answers.

"Kikyo, you're not gonna say..." Kaito says. 

Kikyo looks down on his long sword hanging from his hand, and smiles faintly at the corner of his lips.

Could it... really... be Kikyo!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 248 34
Alexandra lives in an apartment in a large city. Her brother, Goyo, use to stay at her house until he got enough money to move out and pay his bills...
154K 3.9K 23
Uchiha clan and Hyūga clan have a living secret... Hira Hyūga was born from the two clans.. funny thing is she is the half-sister to Itachi and Sasu...
789K 45.9K 200
The universe gave me another chance after life screwed me over. My second life brought me to a world where people breath fire, walk on water and some...
400K 5.4K 45
Naruto The Second Kaido Naruto, the first born of the triplets, son of the 4th hokage 'yellow flash' minato and 'red death' kushina has his chakra ve...