Take a Chance

By ParkBacon

[This is... cringe] Chanyeol is the captain of the basketball team at Pyojun High School. Baekhyun is the new... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 29

27.2K 1.8K 2.4K
By ParkBacon

I'm saying my goodbyes here.

Thank you so much for reading Take A Chance.

I hope you read more of my books (I just published one called Sorry, Wrong Person) I also have another book ready, and it's a collab with koreaweab, my sister. Obv Chanbaek. Okay I'll...

I'll C you guys...

In another book?

*Sobs*

--Story Ended: 160707--

They had lost, but in the ending it didn't leave a sour taste in their mouths. Instead, they were left with memories of how they got there, the laughter, the effort and everything that came with it.

After being together in the change room, they could proudly say that they didn't regret what they did, even if it ended with them losing.

Sehun, for one, could say that he gained something from that match.

"Watch where you're going—" Sehun stopped his sentence when he noticed that he was looking down at the one and only Luhan.

Luhan turned away from his piercing gaze and pretended it didn't affect him (but his cheeks and posture told that it totally did).

"Sorry..." Luhan trailed off and played with his fingers.

Luhan didn't usually act this way, but around the person whom he had a crush on for a year and a half, how could he not?

"NNo, sorry, I didn't realize it was you."

Although Luhan disappeared without a word, Sehun couldn't lie that he missed his unmanly face and voice.

Luhan's hair was newly dyed a cotton pink colour, and if anything, he looked younger than before; his eyelashes long and his lips still soft-looking.

"I'll just... Get out of your way then," Sehun awkwardly stated as he maneuvered around Luhan.

After Sehun had walked further away, he suddenly heard Luhan.

"Wait!"

Sehun turned around and Luhan ran up to him, grabbing his hand and shoving something into it before running away.

Sehun looked at his figure questioningly before looking down at what was in his hand.

Numbers were messily written on blank paper in a haste, and at the bottom it said: 'My number'.

Sehun only let out a chuckle and placed the paper in his pocket.

~

"Okay," Xiumin spoke up. "Why were you even crying, Jongdae?" Xiumin questioned.

"Because—"

"I mean, you played only one game with us before the finals, why did you suddenly get so emotional?" He questioned and Jongdae frowned.

"You guys were all crying, how could I not? And plus, acting seemed like fun," he mentioned.

"It is," Sehun quipped and Baekhyun glared at him from across the table.

"What else could I expect from The Jongdae?" Xiumin rolled his eyes.

"Aww, you know you love 'The Jongdae'," Jongdae teased.

"Well maybe I do," Xiumin said under his breath.

"Wait, what?" Jongdae asked and Xiumin feigned innocence, looking down at his phone.

It was currently Friday, and they were all cooped up at the mall, hanging out as a celebration of the end of the basketball season. They sat on inside picnic benches that were placed at the food court area, talking about random things and sometimes going to buy things before returning.

"Baekhyun," Jongdae called and Baekhyun turned over, looking at him with a look that said 'what?' "You said I could take Xiumin for a day on any day I want, right?" He questioned and Baekhyun shrugged. "Well, I guess I choose today."

Jongdae stood up from his spot and did something that surprised everyone there.

He walked over to Xiumin and leaned down, kissing him on the cheek. "Well, I guess that means you're my boyfriend for a day, Minseok."

Xiumin sat there shocked and almost dropped his phone as red dusted his cheeks.

"You fucking—"

Jongdae ran away laughing and Xiumin basically jumped out of his chair, chasing him to the shop he had entered.

"When did that type of relationship happen?" Sehun asked and Baekhyun threw his french-fry on him.

"You know, maybe I should ask you why you're basically clinging onto someone from Baesinja," Baekhyun pointed out, gesturing to Luhan who was sitting beside him sheepishly.

"Hmmm, how about you two, then?" Sehun asked as he motioned to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. "You guys are basically eye-fucking each other every single day."

Baekhyun's face heated up and he was tempted to dump his entire box of fries on him. "We do not!"

"Okay Baekhyun, even I have to interject to that," Chanyeol spoke up and placed his phone into his pocket. Chanyeol leaned in and whispered something into Baekhyun's ear that caused his face to become completely red, his actions stuttering after. The taller sat straight again with a proud smirk and Kyungsoo only looked at the two questioningly before going back to talking to Jongin.

"You know what? I can't even stand this flirting anymore," Sehun called and stood up, grabbing Luhan with him to go somewhere else.

"We all know you only want time alone with Luhan!" Baekhyun exclaimed as the two walked away. Baekhyun sighed and turned to Chanyeol. "Do you even see this? Sehun totally likes Luhan," Baekhyun pointed to the two and Chanyeol shrugged.

Baekhyun looked over at Kyungsoo and Jongin on the other picnic table and saw that they were immersed in their conversations, and the sparkle in their eyes did not go unnoticed by Baekhyun.

"Gah, Junmyeon and Yixing haven't returned from their shopping yet," Baekhyun stated and pouted, propping his elbow up onto the table and placing his chin in his hand.

"They probably went underwear shopping," Chanyeol joked and Baekhyun laughed lightly, shifting his head so that his hand was now on the side of his head as he looked at Chanyeol who was looking right back him.

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows as if to ask what he wanted, and Baekhyun just shook his head, slowly leaning towards Chanyeol sideways until he fully fell. He repositioned himself so that he was laying his upper back on Chanyeol's lap, facing upwards as his legs stretched out on the bench space left; his knees bending and swinging on top of the floor.

Chanyeol simply rolled his eyes and looked down at Baekhyun. "What are you doing now?"

"I'm tired," Baekhyun simply mentioned and closed his eyes while folding his arms atop of his stomach, fully aware that the people walking in the mall would think he was weird— but as usual, did he really care when he was with Chanyeol?

Chanyeol smiled gently and brushed Baekhyun's hair out of his face, his hand lingering there after which caused Baekhyun to open his eyes.

Baekhyun smiled cheekily and asked: "Am I really that irresistible?"

"Of course, thought so from the moment I first saw you," he honestly replied and Baekhyun hummed.

"Really? So from the moment I bumped into you after your basketball game?"

"Yup, do you know how long I thought about you after that?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun laughed a little too femininely for his likings.

"How long?"

"A good two minutes."

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and faked to be mad at Chanyeol, letting out a huff of breath as he crossed his arms. "For your info, I was really excited to talk to you," he said and scrunched up his nose when Chanyeol flicked it with his dumb smile still on his face.

"For your info, I let you join the basketball team," he retorted.

"I would have joined sooner or later anyways, and don't you agree that it was a good choice for letting me join the basketball team? You got a great player, an irresistible person and..."

"The person I love," Chanyeol finished and Baekhyun grinned, taking Chanyeol's hand in his own and threading their fingers together.

As usual, everything fit together perfectly and it sent fireworks off in Baekhyun's heart.

"I want you to promise me something," Baekhyun started off, drowning in Chanyeol's eyes. "Since we lost this year, can you promise me that we'll win next year's championships?"

Chanyeol smirked. "I promise," he answered, squeezing Baekhyun's hand.

"Good."

~

"Hey Chanyeol, do you like stars?" Baekhyun questioned as he reached his hand up towards the sky; as if he could somehow touch the lights high up above them.

"I do, and I always have," he spoke, each word causing a puff of barely visible white fog to escape his lips.

Baekhyun looked to the side, staring at Chanyeol through the snow falling from atop of them.

"461," he spoke up and Chanyeol turned to look at him also, smiling.

"When will you stop counting?"

"When I'm in my death coffin."

"That's... Really sad, don't talk about that," Chanyeol frowned and Baekhyun laughed.

It was the perfect night, spending time on the hood of Junmyeon's car with thick coats protecting them from the cold, the stars perfectly visible due to the fact that they were in a dark area of the city.

He was perfectly happy with Chanyeol, and every day spent with him was still something that he kept deep inside him. Chanyeol never failed to put a smile on his face or bring him up when he was feeling down.

He was also a great boyfriend who never forgot about anniversaries and went over the top with some things, but it was only a factor that made Baekhyun count up again.

He could imagine their relationship going on forever, and he believed that it would if nothing health related happened to any of them. From the looks of it, they were both completely healthy and on their way to get their dream jobs.

Recently, Chanyeol was scouted by a professional basketball coach and Baekhyun couldn't be happier because he himself had found a school that met everything he wanted.

"You know," Baekhyun added. "Roughly 365 days ago, you promised me that we'd win the championships."

"Well..." Chanyeol trailed off. "I kept my promise, didn't I?"

Baekhyun smiled and answered with: "You did... You really did."

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

The buzzer sounded and everything in Baekhyun's world stopped. He looked to the side and saw: 35-34 in bright proud red letters.

The cells in Baekhyun were screaming in joy, but Baekhyun was so shocked that he couldn't even open his mouth.

"We..." Junmyeon trailed off, looking as shocked as Baekhyun.

"We did it!" Jongdae screamed but no one minded it, because right after that, they were all also yelling.

"We won!" Xiumin yelled excitedly and Jongdae suddenly jumped into Xiumin's arms, still almost crying in delight.

Baekhyun froze at the scene in front of him. This can't be real, can it? He thought, staring at everyone. Is this really real? Is this a dream?

Like it was timed, Jongdae kicked Baekhyun in the shin by accident and Baekhyun hissed, almost cursing at Jongdae before he realized that he actually felt pain, and pain meant only one thing. It's not a dream. We won... We really won!

More importantly, I won with these people.

The people that Baekhyun treasured so much; loved so much... He won it, with them. He felt completely warm and there was something akin to butterflies wrecking havoc everywhere inside of him.

Before he could stop himself, he felt tears rising in his eyes, spilling over almost immediately. We made it...

He choked on a sob when Chanyeol pulled him into a hug, looking completely opposite to Baekhyun; smiling like a fool.

The taller ran his hand through Baekhyun's hair soothingly and asked him why he was crying when they had won.

"I—I'm just so happy," Baekhyun cried into Chanyeol's chest and Chanyeol laughed, each sound resonating inside of Baekhyun's heart.

"Why are you such a cry-baby?"

"I'm so glad," Baekhyun stated while somehow trying to squeeze even closer to Chanyeol. "I'm so g—glad that we got here." Chanyeol agreed and gave Baekhyun a kiss on his head.

"I can't be happier, because I have you in my arms after winning," Chanyeol stated.

Baekhyun sniffled. "I love you," he breathed, as if it was some secret.

"I love you too."

Baekhyun looked at the trophy sitting between him and Chanyeol, slightly gleaming in the darkness. It still amazed Baekhyun, and even now when he saw the shiny reward, he felt himself go into over-drive.

It was still too much for him to handle; the fact that they had actually won the finals through their hard work, their experienced failures and of course, their teamwork.

He suddenly felt tears stinging his eyes again and he laughed lightly at how emotional he was all the time.

He looked at Chanyeol who was looking at him adoringly, and Baekhyun sniffled.

"Since... Since you kept your promise for winning this... Can you promise me another thing?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol's eyes softened when he noticed Baekhyun was near tears.

"I'll promise you anything."

It suddenly flashed in Baekhyun's mind: the feeling of living with Chanyeol for the rest of his life, and he hoped he wasn't the only one who wished for it that badly.

"Do you promise me that... Our relationship will have a happy ending?" He asked and Chanyeol looked at him surprisingly.

Chanyeol's face suddenly dropped and Baekhyun felt a rock sink into his stomach when he saw Chanyeol's expression.

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol looked down at his hands and fiddled with them. "I'm sorry... Our relationship..."

The silence overcame the two of them as Chanyeol said nothing, and Baekhyun felt worry rise in him. The taller still didn't say anything, thinking about what he should tell Baekhyun...

Baekhyun was about to die from how much his heart hurt. What in the world is Chanyeol going to say?

"I—Is there something wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

He was completely confused, just a minute ago, everything was fine...

"Our relationship isn't supposed to be a happy ending," Chanyeol said clearly as he looked back into Baekhyun's eyes.

Baekhyun already felt like he was heartbroken when Chanyeol hadn't even said anything about breaking up.

"Ch—Chanyeol," Baekhyun stuttered. "Wha—"

"It's supposed to be never ending."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 10.3K 19
Byun Baekhyun was a school nerd. He's twenty years old. He was attending to a good school because of his good grades and good behaviour. He'd always...
15.4K 807 3
Blood purity made all the difference, Baekhyun picked a path, and Chanyeol was a little too late. - - - - - - - - - - - Title: Technical Faults (2015...
479K 21.5K 34
Byun Baekhyun, a nerd that crushes on Park Chanyeol who is the school's heartthrob but a playboy. When Baekhyun gets rejected and teased by his firs...
126K 8.1K 28
Park Chanyeol × Byun Baekhyun _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ An innocent teacher - student relation #52 in english #70 in chanbaek ʙᴇɢɪɴ: 17.08.17 ᴇɴᴅ: 10.01.18