Disguise

By ARyding

'Once upon a time.' 'And they lived happily ever after.' Fairy tales. Princess stories. The tales your dad te... More

Disguise
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Information about One Shot!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 & One-Shot Results
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
epilogue

Chapter 17

18.8K 335 49
By ARyding

This chapter is dedicated to sabiluvsya for making the banner on the side! Defintaly check her out! Thanks so much huuny<3

ch. 17

ARABELLA’S POV

“You’re going where?”

“Whales.” I repeated the hundredth time to Lizzie.

“I know you always say it’s no fun being a princess but I would love to go with you to Whales.” Lizzie sighed dreamily. “You know I’ve never been out of Qatar? I wonder what it would like to go to Whales.”

I did know that. It did make me feel bad knowing that while I was traveling all around the world Lizzie was here. She never told me much about her living situation but I knew she didn’t have a lot. Her mom kicked her out of the house as soon as she could. Lizzie did go to beauty school though and now she is a hairstylist. I knew that she wasn’t living in the streets but she certainly wasn’t living a palace.

“As soon as I’m queen we are going to go a huge trip all around the world, ok?” I told her, trying to make her feel better.

She laughed a little, “I expect firs class.”

“Of course.” I rolled my eyes at her.

She shook her head and muttered quietly under her breath like she couldn’t believe it, “Whales.”

“Yes, Whales.” I bumped my shoulder into hers.

I knew that at times Kara and Lizzie felt left out because I got to do all of these amazing things while they were stuck here. It put a strain on our friendship, but I tried as hard as possible to not let it get it the way too much. I knew that I had money, and I have never had to go without, but I was nothing like my parents.

“Take some pictures for me.”

“I doubt I’ll get a chance. Really it’s not going to be that much fun. I’m sure I’ll be inside having meetings or at tea parties. I never get to see the sites or go shopping.”

“Yeah I guess it’s not that much of a vacation.” She agreed.

“You’re going on a vacation?” Darren asked.

He was in his uniform and was smiling at us but I could tell he was tired. It was just as busy as last night, if not more. He had a thin layer of sweat on his forehead and I could see his chest rising and falling faster than normal. Right now there wasn’t anyone at the bar who didn’t already have a drink so he was able to take a quick break, I was guessing.

“Yes, she’s going to Whales.” Lizzie said trying to sound proper and drawing out ‘whales’.

“Oh, fancy.” He said looking at me with eyebrow’s raised.

“Yeah, I know.” I nodded at him.

“So what is in Whales?”

I exchanged a quick look with Lizzie; this is where it gets tricky. I was going to Whale’s because I was meeting with the royal family there to do god knows what. But I couldn’t tell him that. I ran through a list of things I could say in my head. Work? No. For fun? Probably not. Family? Yeah maybe.

“My mom’s grandma lives there so I’m going to visit her.”

His eyebrows furrowed together. “I though you said you weren’t close to your mom’s side of the family.”

Shit. I forgot about that, “Oh I’m not.”

“But you’re visiting your mom’s mom?”

Think Bella, think! “Oh, she Ummmm fell and got hurt really bad. She is in the hospital so I just wanted to see her again before it was too late. Besides I never really had a problem with her, it was always my mom that I had a problem with.”

He nodded but didn’t look to convinced, “Right.”

“Yep.” I crossed my fingers behind my back praying he would just move on.

Thankfully my prayers where answered.

“You have one weird family Annie.”

I sighed and slumped down on one of the stools glad that that was over. “You have no idea.” I muttered under my breath.

Most people think that the royal family has it all put together. But I can say with a hundred percent certainty that we don’t. We put on our happy faces for the public but the claws come out in private; or in my mother’s case, perfectly manicured nails.

Lizzie looked at me. I could tell that she was trying to hold back laughter. Seeing her face almost caused me to burst out laughing but somehow I managed to hold it in. Suddenly her expression changed and she broke out in a huge cocky smile.

“Well I’ll be.” She looked behind me.

“What is it?” I looked over my shoulder but I couldn’t see anything unusual.

“Your boyfriend is here.” She nodded behind me.

I immediately thought she meant Demtri but there could be no way he would be here. No, he couldn’t be here. I didn’t know what I would do if I saw him. I looked to where she was nodding and saw Daniel. I relaxed as soon I realized I wouldn’t be seeing Demtri.

I doubt that he would even come to a place like this. Probably not important enough for ‘someone like him’. His big head probably wouldn’t fit anyways.

Then it finally hit me, Daniel is here.

I would get to see him again before I had to leave. I’m not entirely sure if I am more excited or nervous about that fact.

I felt my cheeks redden as he met my eyes through the crowd.

“Lizzie oh my gosh.” I cried.

She laughed at me, “A little nervous?”

“Yes! Gosh look what I’m wearing; I really can’t see him right now.” I said trying to fix my hair. I hadn’t done anything to it; I haven’t brushed the wig in a long time so god knows how messy it is right now. I was wearing leggings with a long sweater that went off my shoulder with my studded flats which brought me down to my sad height of five foot five.

“Oh please honey. You would look amazing a paper sack.” She rolled her eyes at me.

She had a point. It didn’t matter what you were wearing, as long as you thought you looked good you will. My mother always told me that and in some ways it was true. I let my hand fall in my lap and instantly pictured myself in the tight black dressed I deiced against wearing tonight.

I let my eyes wander down his body quickly before he got to close. I felt my heart beat quicken the slightest when I saw him in a pair of ripped jeans and a tight shirt. He still had his sunglasses on but they just added to the fact that he was the hottest guy here.

“What a surprise.” I smiled at him when he got in hearing range.

“What you didn’t think I could look this good?” He asked pointing to his chest.

I don’t know why but I liked how cocky he could be at times, “No, actually I was surprised you could look this bad.”

“Of course that is what you were thinking.” He nodded looking totally unconvinced.

“Hello there Daniel!” Lizzie chirped smiling hugely at him, “You know Annie and I were just talking about you.”

“No we were not.” I told Daniel.

I turned around to glare at Lizzie. I thought she was my friend; she was not helping at all.

“Good to know I am appreciated.” He sat down at the chair next to me and bumped my shoulder jokingly.

“Nice to see you again man.” Darren nodded at Daniel.

“Were they really talking about me?” He asked him looking at us.

Darren turned and smirked at me. He looked right in my eye as he spook, “They were.”

I gasped, “What? Darren!” He was already walking toward a group of people who had shown up at the end of the bar. I couldn’t believe both of them. I don’t think my cheeks could get any redder at this point.

“This is my song! I’m going to go dance!” Lizzie said bouncing off to the dance floor.

Party in the USA was playing and I knew for a fact that she hated this song. I knew her well enough to know that the reason she left was so that Daniel and I would be alone.

“We weren’t talking about you.” I insisted looking in his eyes.

“I think I actually believe you.”

I sighed, “Good.” I was a little shocked that he did believe me but I was glad he did.

“But that doesn’t mean you weren’t thinking about me.” He smirked.

I frowned. I was about to say something back but I realized it would be pointless. Beside he was right, I was thinking about him. I took a large sip of my drink trying to clear my head.

“Let’s change the subject.”

He chuckled, a deep sound that sent tingles down my spine, “And what do you want to talk about?”

“Anything else.”

“Really? So we could talk about motorbikes?” He asked faking excitement.

“God, no.” I giggled a sound I only seemed to make by him.

“Oh come on! We could talk about how the single cylinder engine compares to a four cylinder engine.” He raised his eyebrows knowing I was totally lost.

I smiled wickedly thinking of an awesome payback. If he was going to talk about that than I had a few ideas of what we could talk about after. “Oh yeah? How about we talk about periods when you are done. I would love to talk about the differences between pads and tampons.”

The look on his instantly changed. I could see a slight blush appear on the tips on his ears as he squirmed in his chair looking uncomfortable. “Ok let’s just find a different topic all together.”

I smiled glad that I got him uncomfortable, “Sounds good to me.”

“Please don’t ever bring that up again.” He begged sounding in pain.

I giggled again, “I never thought you wouldn’t want to talk about that!”

He looked up at me and for a second I could almost see his eyes but they disappeared as quickly as they appeared.

“I thought we were moving on.” He reminded me.

“Oh yeah right.”

“So Annie…” He paused for a moment, “I don’t even know your last name.”

That’s because no one does buddy.

“I don’t know yours.” I pointed out avoiding the question.

“That is true.” He looked around for a moment before leaning closer to me.

“I do really think you are keeping secrets from me.” He whispered in my ear.

I jerked back. His hot breath lingered on the back of my neck but I tried to ignore the feelings coursing through my body as I spoke, “We already went over this, I am keeping secrets from you.”

“I think I will just call you Annie no last name.”

I giggled. I really had to stop giggling but he just brought out a girly, more carefree side of me. “Well that’s not a mouthful.”

“You deserve a special name.”

“I’m not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not.”

He turned around us around in our seats so our knees were touching, “It was a complement.”

I stared into the empty space where his eyes should have been. I could almost feel the air vibrate when the physical attraction I had for him kicked up a notch. I looked down at his lips quickly before returning to his covered eyes. I licked my lips and imagined kissing him again.

With the lights from the dance floor bouncing off of him he looked amazing. The lights hit his jaw line just right making it seem even more angular. With his tight shirt on I could see the muscles underneath causing my heart to stick a beat.

I could tell his eyes were looking into mine and I desperately wanted to see what they looked like. Would they be dark brown and mysterious? Would they be a light blue that would contrast with his tan skin? Right now I could only guess at what was behind the shades.

“Come on let’s dance.” He said breaking whatever trance we seemed to be in.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me of the stool. I was glad I wasn’t wearing heels because I was sure I would have slipped. He waited and slipped an arm around my waist holding me tightly as we made our way through the crowd.

He pulled me closer as we dance to the music. I could feel every part of him pressed against me and warmth spread through my body at the feeling.

We danced like this for a few songs before I went on my tip toes and pressed my lips lightly to his. I pulled back slightly before pressing my lips back against his.

The warmth that I was feeling before was replaced by sparks of energy running from my lips to my toes and back. I don’t know what it was about him but when I was kissing him everything seemed right. I wasn’t worrying about my mother, Demtri, or anything else.

My hands ran up his chest feeling his muscles. I could feel them tense beneath my fingers. I let my hands rest on his collarbone but I gripped his shirt lightly as he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

I lost touch with everyone and everything around me.

There was no music, no crowd, and no bright lights.

Only me and Daniel.

He pulled back after an immeasurable amount of time. “What is it about you?” He asked quietly resting his forehead against mine.

I knew that he didn’t expect an answer to the question so I laid my head against his chest and swayed to the music holding him close.

I am really happy about how this one turned out!(: I was in the zone while i was writting this, lol.

Next chapter should be in about a week and of course they will be in Whales!:-D

GOAL: 14 votes

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358 2 22
Once upon a time lived a little princess, she was loved greatly by the King and Queen, her doting parents. The little princess was once so happy. Unt...
122K 11.1K 60
A Beast stalks the night... but Beauty hunts him. A reimagining of the story you thought you knew. Rell grew up hearing stories of the Human Realm, a...
283 24 17
Never in her wildest dreams, she would have thought that her past trauma would greatly affect her life. Annie... Annie... Those words were like need...
409K 16.3K 30
Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in his web of lies. When the billionaire o...