Believe in Sherlock

By AutumnEmbers

When Sherlock reunites with his best friend from his childhood, Margaret Jones, he can't seem to get her off... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9-Maggie's POV
Chapter 10-Maggie's POV
Chapter 11-Maggie's POV
Chapter 12-Sherlock POV
Chapter 13-Maggie's POV
Chapter 14- Maggie's POV
Chapter 15-Maggie's POV
Chapter 16-John's POV
Chapter 18-Maggie POV
Chapter 19-Maggie's POV
Chapter 20-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 21-Maggie's POV
Chapter 22-John's POV
Chapter 23-Maggie's POV
Chapter 24-Maggie's POV
Chapter 25-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 26-Maggie's POV
Chapter 27-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 28-John's POV
Chapter 29-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 30-Maggie's POV
Chapter 31-Maggie's POV
Chapter 32-John's POV
Chapter 33-Maggie's POV
Chapter 34-Maggie's POV
Chapter 35-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 36-Maggie's POV
Chapter 37-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 38-Maggie's POV
Chapter 39-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 40-Maggie's POV
Chapter 41-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 42-Maggie's POV
Chapter 43-Maggie's POV
End Credits of Sorts
Sequel Released!!

Chapter 17-Maggie's POV

10.9K 384 182
By AutumnEmbers

I read John's reply.

Fine... -JW

I smirked in satisfaction. John was going to help if the case got a bit fishy.

I didn't bother to reply and resumed my original position on the couch. The ceiling was cracked and looked as if it would fall any second now, yet it still held on.

I found myself relatable to my flat ceiling strange as it sounds.

We're both cracked from tension and hardships yet we still held on, although I felt more cracked everyday now.

Like I was going to fall apart one day.

*******THE NEXT MORNING******

I stayed up all night with random thoughts buzzing in my head.

The sound of my phone buzzing brought me out of my concentration. It was a call from Lestrade.

"Yes?" I answered.

"We have another one." He said simply.

"Text me the location." I requested.

He muttered something that sounded like sure and hung up. Not a minute later, I got a text with the location and I immediately rushed out of my flat barely stopping to slip on my shoes.

I read the location to the cabbie and added a loud, "Hurry!" in my excitement. He just rolled his eyes and sped off.

I saw the yellow police tape up ahead and this guy wasn't going very fast.

"Stop!" I yelled and he screeched to a stop. I paid him quickly even though he didn't really deserve it and shot out of the cab. I ran full speed with a small smile growing on my face. I saw Lestrade talking to Sally Donavon, one of the other officers.

"Oh look who's here." Sally said with fake enthusiasm.

"Hello Sally. Nice to see you haven't flirted with anyone recently, for once. Although you do look a bit desperate." I smiled and looked at Lestrade and ignored the glare I was receiving from Sally.

"The body's over there." Lestrade tilted his head to gesture over to the crime scene.

"Good Lestrade, you're learning to point out the obvious finally." I said and headed over to the body and swarm of officers.

They all backed away slightly as I came up and I was mentally thankful for that. I don't like crowds.

The man was early thirties and wore a black business suit. He lay on his back and his black hair lay straight and barely reached the tip of his earlobes. He had a thin face and a rather small nose.

He also resembled Sherlock.

What was I thinking? Someone is killing every man that looks like Sherlock? Unlikely.

The man had the same wounds.

Bruising on the neck. Outlines of a man's fingers. Nothing much to go by.

There was blood pooling around his black hair by a large gash probably caused by smacking his head on the pavement.

So the killer choked the man to death and then smashed his head on the pavement. But who's the killer?

I decided to call John and tell him to get down here.

He picked up quickly.

"Hello?" His voice made me smile a bit before replying.

"I need you." I said.

"For what?" He asked and I heard a clinking sound like that of a teacup being set down on the table.

"I've got another murder. Wish to join me?" I raised my eyebrows slightly as I asked him.

He sighed and I could tell he was deciding.

"Where to?" He finally asked with a sigh of defeat.

I smiled triumphantly and told him the location.

About ten minutes later, a cab pulled up and John stepped out...with Mary right behind him.

Don't get me wrong, I like the woman, I just would prefer to keep her away from my work.

John smiled at me and I just grabbed his shirt, pulling him to the side away from everyone.

"What's Mary doing here?" I asked with a glare.

"She wanted to come." John replied with a confused expression on his face. "I thought you liked her?"

"I do. Just not with my work." I said and let go of his shirt.

"Well what do you want me to do? Throw her in a cab and say 'go home'?" John asked raising his hands slightly gesturing to the few cabs passing us.

"That would be nice." I said and turned, trying to end the conversation.

John spun me back around to face him.

"I'm not going to leave my wife." John said and his eyes widened when he realized what he had said.

"Wife? John? Are you actually going to marry that woman?" I asked curiously.

"Maybe one day. So don't ruin it and play nice." John recovered from his fumble and cleared his throat.

I groaned dramatically and rolled my eyes. I then turned and walked back to the crime scene where Mary was talking to Sally.

"You shouldn't hang around her. She's just as bad as Sherlock. Maybe even worse." I heard Sally saying.

"Hello ladies. Having fun?" I said with a pointed glare at Sally.

"It was better before you came around, Freak." Sally crossed her arms.

"Really, Sally, You need to start remembering people's names or they're gonna start to worry about you." I said exasperatedly.

I heard John start to chuckle and Sally just glared at me as if I had personally tried to attack her.

I took pictures of the body with my phone before looking around the area a bit more.

We were in front of a rather large building that must be where the poor sod worked at.

Nothing had been disturbed with since the crime. The main goal must've been the man. The killer didn't take anything that belonged to the dead man.

I kneeled down next to the body and looked him over. I saw his wrist was vaguely redder than the rest of him.

I carefully lifted up the wrist and turned it over.

The letters, I O U, were carved into his wrist.

I stood up and looked at John.

"What do you see?" I asked him suddenly.

John raised an eyebrow and looked back down at the neat murder.

"Uh, he's dead." John said.

"Yes, John, what else?" I asked.

"Uh, a business man maybe an accountant." John said.

"What makes you say that?" I asked with a small smile.

"His suit for one thing is neat and clean. He couldn't have done anything outside of an office without getting at least a little dirty." John observed.

"Good. What else?" I encouraged.

"Married. He has a ring on his finger." John said confidently.

"Anything else?" I quizzed.

John's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to see anything else. He wasn't observing. You'd think he would learn from being around Sherlock before he...

"No. How did I do?" John asked nervously.

"Good. You got everything you said correct even though it wasn't exactly what I was looking for." I said and put my arms behind my back.

"What did I miss?" John asked.

"Well he was on his way to work before he was attacked. His hair gel is fresh. He has a drug addiction despite his neat appearance, he's been trying to quite using nicotine patches but it hasn't been doing much. His teeth aren't in the best shape. He didn't have any breakfast this morning nor did he get any sleep the night before although that wouldn't really be a problem now. You were right about him being an accountant and married. Congratulations on that by the way." I said quickly.

I kept the message on his wrist a secret since I need to see the other body to find if he had the same mark. These officers are block headed so they shouldn't notice it anyway.

"Maggie? What's this?" I heard Lestrade say.

I turned and saw him looking at the victim's wrist. The one with the message on it.

"See what? I don't see anything." I said simply.

"What?" Lestrade looked at the wrist confusedly and looked back at me.

"Just a realistic tattoo, Lestrade. Don't worry." I said and started walking towards the morgue that held the first body.

"Maggie!" Lestrade shouted again but I ignored him and hurried down the street.

I heard footsteps running after me and a hand gripped my shoulder. I turned and saw John looking at me worriedly.

"Where are going?" He asked.

"We are going to visit Molly." I said emphasizing the We.

John smiled slightly and followed me down the street to the morgue.

(A/N) And the plot thickens! I O U...remind you of anyone? What do you think is going on?

Is Jim back?

Is someone copying Jim?

What's with all the bodies resembling Sherlock?

Find out in the next couple of chapters!

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑 👦<---Moriarty!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 294 26
Something changed in John Watson after his best friend jumped off the rooftop of St. Barts. How will he deal with Sherlock's return?
37K 1.7K 32
He was a lonely child. But he had one friend. A friendship born from need, a friendship that has stood for almost thirty years. A friendship that ha...
257K 14.3K 42
John and Sherlock are getting more and more confused about their feelings for each other, and those feelings are getting stronger... A sudden turn of...
17.5K 808 30
Ever since John became his flatmate, Sherlock has noticed a change in himself. And as their friendship grew stronger he notices that the way he views...