Blood Mountain (BWWM)

By Taylor324

Halia never meant to lose control. She tried to warn him. She told him she was dangerous. He hadn't listened... More

Prologue - Monsters
Surprises
Protector
Revealed
Spells
Dinner
Dessert
Recovery
Touch
Hello
Mates
First
Second
Encounter
Plans
Return
Hell Yes
Wolves
Visitor
Pups
Again
Story
Why?
Bite Me
Memories
Little Wolf
Cold
Issues
Fury
Rescue
Dilemma
Update about Updates (Read me pls)

How About Now?

3.7K 326 7
By Taylor324

First, thank you to everyone who has voted and commented! I appreciate it so much and those notifications make me smile like crazy. Second, sorry about the wait but I hit a wall with this story for a while and couldn't get myself in the mood to write. Third, I broke this chapter into two parts because of how massive it was getting. Pt. 2 will be up soon. 

**************************************************************

'Is something wrong?' It was Cade who uncharacteristically barged into his mind, brow furrowed in concern at the abrupt retreat. 'What's wrong?'

Hizen couldn't help the curl of his lip as he forced his son back out of his mind, breaking the link. "Nothing's wrong," He answered aloud and abruptly stood. "I think we're done, no?"

Cade gave his father an odd look but refused to drill the older man. If he didn't want to talk, fine. Getting anything out of him that he wasn't inclined to share was useless and Cade honestly didn't have the energy to fight.

"Yeah, we're done. Tell me when the vomiting starts." His voice was clipped. Callous. In all likelihood he would feel bad about it later but not now.

Cade scooped Onna into his arms and Halia was immediately at his side as he strode from the room, casting a quick glance over her shoulder at his doppelganger before the curtain flapped into place behind them. He didn't speak as they wound their way through the tunnels back to his quarters, shoulders stiff even as he absentmindedly stroked the cat.

She wanted to put her arms around him and protect him from the obvious distress he was feeling. Even without knowing everything, she wanted to help. That hadn't changed.

They entered his room silently and Cade set Onna down on his bed. She blinked at him curiously before chirping in demand. A faint smile tugged at his lips and he rubbed her behind the ear, dragging a steady purr from the feline's chest. He sat beside her on the comforter and she sauntered into his lap before head butting him in the chest.

A low chuckle at her antics had Halia relaxing a bit. If he felt well enough to laugh, maybe now was a good time to talk? She sighed to herself and Cade looked up, green eyes still slightly shuttered from the earlier interaction with his father.

"Come here. I want to hold you."

She knew he was asking and not demanding. That fear of rejection still lingered in his eyes, still had a grip on his tongue. "Of course," Her answer was a whispered promise. "Whatever you want." Anything. Everything.

He went still as she stepped between his legs, Onna skulking away at the other female's approach. Head tilted back so he could meet her eyes, he repeated. "Anything?"

She hadn't meant to project her thoughts but she supposed it was better this way. "Mm, anything."

Cade looked away at her words and rested his forehead against her stomach, arms coming around the back of her thighs to draw her closer.

"You shouldn't say that." His voice was muffled as he glared down at the floor. He wasn't upset with her, he couldn't be. Not when she was so clearly devoted to him and his desires. And that's what concerned him. He didn't like the idea of Halia catering to his every whim, of denying him nothing. Cade couldn't be sure that he wouldn't abuse that trust in the future and that scared—no...terrified him.

"Hey," Her fingers sifted through his hair, gently tugging on the dark brown strands to coax his gaze back to hers. "What's the matter?"

He looked so sad when he finally responded. "I don't want to hurt you."

Hurt her? How? "Then don't."

"It's not that simple," His hands gripped her hips and he pulled her into his lap. "What if just being with me puts you in danger?"

He was seeking something from her. Any kind of sign that she didn't want this. But even as he tried to warn her away from him, he held her tight.

Halia palmed his cheek, a resigned smile playing on her lips. "So be it."

Cade groaned and turned his lips to the center of her hand. "You're too good for me."

Quirking a brow she nudged at his shoulders until he was lying flat on his back. "I can be bad."

"Oh I know—"

Her mouth was on his neck, nibbling at suddenly hot skin. Canines smaller than his raked over strong tendons as her tongue followed the path of raised flesh. She hummed against his throat. "You're delicious," And he was. She had tasted him in more ways than one and his flavor was something she'd come to crave.

Cade flushed at her compliment, the green of his eyes nearly swallowed by blown pupils. "T-thanks. You're tasty, too."

A broad smile wobbled on her lips but she quickly shook it away. They needed to talk. That was something she wanted, right? As much as she enjoyed this, there were some things that could only be expressed with words. So she climbed out of his lap with a pout and put necessary distance between them.

He watched her move with a disappointed frown which she quickly attacked.

"Put that away," Halia pinched his cheeks, manipulating his lips into a faux smile. "I want to talk."

"M'kay...about what?"

She flopped back against the mattress and gazed up at him. "What's wrong with your people?"

Cade grinned and nestled beside her, his answer a joking exhale. "Besides the obvious?"

She rolled her eyes but laughed anyway. "Yes, Cade. Besides that."

"They're sick. And we don't get sick. Ever."

"Oh," That sounded worse than expected. "There's, um, no cure or anything?"

"We're working on it but not yet, no. It affects our ability to feed—the ones infected have developed some kind of blood intolerance. They can't digest blood."

"Not at all?" Wouldn't they starve to death?

"Nope," He sighed and gathered her in his arms. "Not even a little. They've been surviving off my supplements. They hate me for that," He smirked down at her, but she couldn't return his smile.

"They're assholes who would be dead without you."

Cade only shrugged but Halia continued, a simmering anger making her bold.

"They don't deserve you. You've done more for them—tried harder, than anyone here. They don't fucking deserve you," She repeated grumpily, fingers itching in violence. She'd like to get her hands on one of those bastards. On anyone who would treat Cade like less than a goddamn angel.

He heard those last thoughts and laughed out loud. An angel? Really?

She glared at him with a small scowl. "What?"

"N-Nothing," Cade forced the smile from his face and held her tighter in his arms, trying to calm his flustered mate. "Hey, it's alright. Don't work yourself up over them, okay?"

"Fuck 'em." She finally muttered against his shoulder and he chuckled as he stroked a hand through her hair.

"Feel better?"

"A little." Halia abruptly sat up and peered down. "Why do you stay here? You've never thought about leaving?"

That was a... complicated question. On one hand, hell yes he'd thought of leaving. Many times. On the other, where would he go? There was nowhere else for someone like him.

"I have."

She poked him in the side when after a long pause he made no move to elaborate.

Cade shot her a playful glare and batted away the offending finger. "The timing was never right and, uh, where would I go anyway?"

"Well, what about now?"

His brow furrowed with a hum of confusion.

"Would you...like to leave with me? We could go wherever you want." She quickly added when an awed look overtook his features.

It only took him a second to answer. "Yes, yeah—I mean, of course." A beaming, dimpled smile nearly blinded her and he leaned close to kiss her. "That sounds great."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

629K 21.5K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
219K 10.1K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
171K 9.6K 74
I struggled against the chains, ignoring the smell of my burning flesh. Crimson glanced at me and she had a lazy grin on her face. "Why are you smil...
138K 5.4K 55
[Featured by @StoriesUndiscovered in their reading list on 1st March 2022] | First Draft | Edited Once | "𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓯𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽...