The Muted Luna (Sequel to TAS...

By princess_anabel

"Life was never the same after that moment. After I left.... I was the never the same. But what do you expect... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
(Chapter 5)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 2

17.2K 528 65
By princess_anabel

                   (Braxton's POV)

                              "I do not wish to be bothered today. Cancel every appointment that was set for this afternoon. I have other matters to attend."

                 "Yes Alpha." I didn't bother to watch as she walked away.

                I turned towards my office and was about to step inside when my Beta joined my side.

               "Are you hiding out again?" I didn't bother to answer him as I sat at my desk and just opened my laptop.

              "You can't keep doing this every year Braxton."

         I noticed I had an email waiting for me to open and to my surprise it was Nathaniel.

            I could hear Jeremiah talking in the background but I did not care to listen.

               I was about to open the email when he broke me from my thoughts.

               "Are you even listening to me?" I looked up from my laptop and looked at him with an annoyed expression.

               "No and I do not care to listen to what you have to say either." I went back to my laptop and opened the email that Nathaniel had sent me.

               "Impossible." I said as I read his message over and over again.

                  "What is?" He asked.

          I slammed my laptop shut and stood up.

                "Get me Alpha Nathaniel on the phone right now!"

             "Yes Alpha." Jeremiah ran out of the and returned later with the number in his hand and dialed the phone and put it on speaker.

          "Alpha Nathaniel Everlast office how can I he...."

           "Put Alpha Nathaniel on the phone now." Jeremiah said as he cut off the women who answered the phone.

           "And who exactly are you?" I didn't have time for her attitude.

          "Alpha Braxton now put your Alpha on the phone now." It was quiet for a few seconds before she answered.

         "Of course. R-right Away A-alpha." I heard shuffling and then a breathless Nathaniel answer the phone.

        "Get over here now."

        He hung up and I knew something was going on.

                I growled and threw the phone across the room.

          "Get the car ready we leave in two minutes. Send Joshua up here now." I could feel my wolf trying to fight for control and I knew if I didn't keep him at bay things would get out of hand.

          I could hear Joshua coming up the stairs and seconds later he was in my room.

              'What's going on?"

         "Jeremiah and I are leaving. We are heading over to Alpha Nathaniel's territory. I don't know how long we will be gone but you are in charge until I return."

       I grabbed my jacket that laid on the chair and started to put it on.

        "Okay. But why are you heading over there?"

             I didn't answer him as I continue to put on my jacket.

          "It's Evangeline isn't it?" I stopped putting on my jacket and turned towards him.

              Jeremiah walked into the room and I was more than certain that he could hear or conversation from outside.

           "Nathaniel sent me an email this afternoon. He wrote three simple words. It seemed impossible at first but when I spoke to him on the phone, the urgency in his voice told me otherwise."

             "What did the email say?" Joshua asked.

              "She is Alive." they both looked shocked.

                 "Is that even possible? Bella said it herself that she saw..."

                  "I know what Bella saw! That is why it is impossible for this to even be happening right now. But we will see."

              They shared a look but didn't say anything after that.

            "Is the car ready Jeremiah?" He nodded his head and cleared his throat.

           "Yes, its outside right now waiting for us."

            "Let's go."

We all walked out and headed towards the front of the pack house.

Most of the pack members moved out of our way. The anger radiating off of me was more than noticeable.

Jeremiah and I got into the car and I nodded at him.

"Drive." Jeremiah told the driver and we felt the car start moving,

We sat in silence as the drive over there was going to take awhile.

Neither of us spoke until Jeremiah decided to break the deafening silence.

"Do you think it's possible?"

I remained glancing out the window, leaving him without a response.

I didn't answer him not because I didn't want to but mainly because I had no answer to give.

Arabella was specific on many occasions when I asked her if she was sure that Evangeline was gone.

And every time she was sure.

I will always protect my sister till the day I die. But if she lied to me about Evangeline, she will pay with her life.

An involuntary growl escaped my lips but Jeremiah didn't care to acknowledge it.

Although I did see his eyes shift but his body remained the same.

An hour had passed and we saw their pack house come into view.

Before we reached the gate a few wolves jumped out and blocked our car.

Jeremiah jumped out of the car and growled a warning growl at them.

"Get me your Alpha." He narrowed his eyes at a wolf who shifted back and threw on some clothes.

"State your name and your business." He stood tall but didn't back down from Jeremiah.

"We were asked by Alpha Nathaniel to come. Now get the hell out of the way or blood will be spilt."

He growled but nodded his head at the others as they moved.

The others growled back but did as they were told.

He hopped back in the car shaking his head.

He didn't have to say anything because I was thinking the same thing.

His lack of communication with his pack was his weak point.

We drove on through and as soon as the car stopped Jeremiah and I got out of the car and we smelled blood.

I immediately growled and Jeremiah shifted just in case we were going to be attacked.

"Stay alert. I want no surprises."

He nodded his head as we walked towards the smell.

We heard yelling and chains and we knew someone was going to get chained up.

A wolf came out of the corner of a building and I recognized him as the third, one of the brothers.

He shifted back a pack member three him a pair of shorts.

"Alpha Braxton."

He looked over at Jeremiah and nodded his head.

"Beta Jeremiah."

Jeremiah nodded his head in acknowledgement and I did the same.

"Where is Alpha Nathaniel?" I asked wanting to get right to the point.

"In the cells. I've come to get you both. Follow me please."

He didn't wait for us to answer as we followed him into the cells.

"Speak!" I heard someone laughing and then a crashing noise.

"You're not the one I want to talk to now." Another voice said.

We continued down the cell as rogues scurried away feeling the Alpha in me.

Cowards.

We finally turned a corner and I saw Nathaniel, Daniel, and two other wolves in wolf form.

But it wasn't Nathaniel's blood stained shirt that had me on high alert.

No, it was the murderer that sat in the chair.

"And the almighty king himself decides to show his face."

I growled and almost shifted of I didn't hear Jeremiah's voice.

"He is not worth it." He growled and took a step forward.

"You have a lot of guts showing your face again." He said

"Ahhhhh I remember you, the Alphas sidekick. Pleasure."

He smirked when he got Jeremiah to react. He went to speak but I stopped him.

"I told you never to return. Have your cowardly ways changed or are you still the pathetic, little mutt from years ago."

He growled and tried to escape his chains but the two guards held him down trying to calm his wolf from shifting.

"I presume you all know each other?" Nathaniel asked with a raised eyebrow.

I never looked at him as I nodded my head once.

"Samuel was there when that thing killed my mother. He was a member of the pack until he betrayed us by leaking information to the rogues for money."

Samuel smirked as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Times were tough." He still had that stupid grin but I knew not to give in.

"He showed up here demanding he wanted to talk to me. But then he only told me one impossible thing," Nathaniel said as he clenched and unclenched his fist.

"He's lying." I growled out not wanting to play his games.

                He growled lowly at me and shook his head.

                  "I wouldn't lie about this."

                   I narrowed my eyes at him and nodded to the wolves who had him in a death grip.

                "Release him." They looked over to Nathaniel who nodded his head.

                  They let him go with a warning growl and backed away.

                    I took off my jacket and rolled up my sleeves.

                    "Bring me your knives." No one moved and I growled a low threatening growl.

                      I heard feet running and I knew someone went and got them.

                  "Prove it." I asked as I leaned against the wall and waited till he spoke.

                 He shrugged his shoulders and smiled at me.

                      "Say please." He smirked but I didn't play into his games.

                    "Prove. It." I said again.

                     Still he made no sound.

                  I could hear the noise of metal in a box being tossed around and I knew it was the knives.

                     "Last chance. Prove it."
I said as I rolled up my sleeves even more as the guy entered the room. He handed me the box and I picked out the sharpest one.

                     "Say please. It's really a simple request Braxton." He smiled at me and I twirled the knife in my hand and threw it so that it went right above his knee.

                      He hissed in pain and walked over only to come eye to eye with him.

                    "Prove it." I said as I put pressure on the knife and watched as he tried to maintain that cocky smile on his face.

                    "Say please." He said through gritted teeth.

                     "For god sakes just say the word." I growled at Nathaniel who growled back.

                    "I want to see this fight. Who's bringing the popcorn?" He asked as leaned back but winced from moving.

                  "He knows nothing. This is what he does. He plays these games and expects us to bend over backwards to please him. I bow nor bend to no one."

                I took my hand and shoved it through his chest as he screamed in pain.

           "Stop you're going to kill him!" Nathaniel screamed.

            "We need him! If he knows anything then you will literally ruin our only chance to find out if she's alive or not!" The beta screamed.

                 "Back down Alpha Braxton. You are on MY territory." Nathaniel said .

                But I just growled and twisted my hand even more that I could feel his heart pounding in my palm.

                 "Your life is literally in my hands. I will give you one chance before I kill you. "

                 He was bleeding a lot and he had Unshed tears in his eyes as he nodded his head furiously.

                    "I'll t-talk. Just p-p-please s-stop." He said 

                 I took my hand out of his chest as he screamed in pain.

                 "Talk."

                He was panting as he covered the wound in his chest.

                  "I need a pack.... A pack Doctor." He said as he was starting to close his eyes.

                   "Talk!" I demanded not liking that my time was being wasted.

                  "S-screw you." He smirked.

                    My eyes darkened as I grabbed him from his neck and threw him across the room.

                   Breaking the chains in the process.

                    "You were just as spineless as the day you left." I said as I walked over to him.

                I picked him up and threw him against the other side of the room.

                    "Just as pathetic and worthless."

                 I walked over to him and kicked him in the ribs hearing the satisfying crack.

               He screamed in pain as I bent down and made him look at me.

                      "You have that terrified look in your eye you know? The look of pure fear and sadness because you know you're going to die. Just like your father did..... when I slit his throat." I spat as he coward in fear.

                     "I scream when I'm in pain but not as loud your mate did when they would beat her." He sounded tired and could barely muster up a smirk.

                  Nathaniel and his brothers growled but I chose to ignore them.

                       I picked him up and rammed him into the wall.

                       "Tell m where she is!" I screamed as I rammed my hand into his chest again as he screamed let the tears fall from his eyes.

                   "O-okay"

                  We all waited until he could finally speak again.

                     "I-I lied." He grunted out in pain.

                    I could feel my eyes darken because I knew from the beginning this was all a lie.

                    "But I lied about where I know she's at. B-but I know she's alive."

                He quickly said as he felt my hand squeeze his heart.

                  "Prove. It." I said as my claws extended making him wince more.

                   "She talked about you o-often. Said you were the only one who made her feel safe."

                 "That doesn't prove anything!" I said

                   "S-she talked about the pranks she pulled on some guy n-named A-Alex." He groaned as he tried to cover up his wound.

                  "Everyone knew how she was. Still doesn't prove anything." Nathaniel said as he shook
Trying to keep his wolf at bay.

                    "I'm going to have fun killing you." I said as I gripped his heart but he screamed at me to stop.

                 "Y-you had a d-dream! A-about three years a-ago. You two were mates. And... And had a kid. Y-you took her to some restaurant called Le R--"

                  "Le Rouche De Ma." I whispered as he nodded his head. Growling because I told no one about that dream I demanded how he knew.

                    "S-she told me. She w-wanted you to know what life would h-have been like with her as y-your mate."

               "Anything else?" I asked as he winced in pain but shook his head.

                   "No that's it. J-just that it was r-really cold when I got out."

               He said.

                "How did you even escape?" Nathaniel asked as he came and stood next to me.

              "E-Eva helped me."

             "And you left her!?" He screamed.

                 He nodded his head and looked at the ground.

                 "She said if one of us was ever able to get but couldn't get the other out, to just leave and make a run for it. S-so I did."

           He sounded scared and I knew Nathaniel was about to shifted so I dropped Samuel as Nathaniel shifted into wolf form.

                 "Her name is Evangeline. Only her friends call her Eva. You left her. You left her with those people. YOU are not her FRIEND!"

                     He shook with fear and looked over to Nathaniel.

                "I-I'm sorry. "

                  I turned around and wiped his blood on my shirt.

                 "We aren't."

                 I turned my head slightly towards Nathaniel and nodded my head.

                     "Kill him." And Nathaniel did just that.

                  He growled before you lunged at Samuel landing on top of him.

                 He tried to shift but he was already hurt and to weak.

                      Pathetic,

                I watched as I leaned against the wall as Nate ripped his insides out.

                       Blood splattered everyone and all you could hear where his growls and Samuels screaming in pain.

                    He begged and pleaded to be spared but he pleas went unheard.

                   I waited until Nathaniel was
Done.

                   By the time he finished you couldn't even tell who Samuel was.

                      Nathaniel shifted back as his brothers tossed his a pair of shorts,

              He was covered in blood but it looked like it didn't phase him at all,

                  "Let's go," he muttered as he passed me and I have a questioning look to Jeremiah.

                   "Where?" Jeremiah asked.

                  "To my office." Was his simple reply but I didn't argue back.

                   His mate came out as we entered his office and she whimpered at the sight of all the blood on him,

                "It's not mine." Was all he said as he closed the door in her face.

                 She stood there before we heard her retreating foot steps.

                     "If you want time to speak to your mate you are more than welcome to do so." Jeremiah said as I growled at him in annoyance.

               "Sorry"  he said through the mind link.

                  "She will be fine. " he glanced at the door and I narrowed my eyes at him wondering he was really distracted right now.

                "If you can not handle this, then I will. I need you to be focused right now. You are right, your mate came wait. BUT my can't." I spoke feeling the need to tell him.

                     He growled a warning growl at me but I didn't back down.

                    "Watch your tongue. I can handle it," he got up and took a nap from the dresser and laid it against the table.

                 At least he and I were
On the same page. I knew where he was going with this.

                    "What exactly are you looking for?" One of his guards asked as I got up and searched the map to try and locate the packs,

                   "There are only 8 packs in the entire world who can handle the cold. If we search their part of the world then maybe we could find her." He said as he started to pin point their locations.

                   "Then what do we do?" He asked.

               I growled and pinned another on onto the paper.

                   "Then we get Evangeline back."
__________________________

       I know! You guys probably hate me for the late update but my computer broke and  was either at work or sleeping!

          But I'm on vacation in Mexico so I decided it was a good time to catch up on my typing!

          Hope you guys like it!

xoxo 💘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13 0 3
A half werewolf half wizard of the Autumn coven.Falls in love with a witch of the Winter coven.This description is not a good one and I don't know h...
83 5 4
19 year old Amelian silver moon pack and daughter of the mafia king. Even tho Amelia is from the second strongest mafia werewolf pack she's also an...
51 0 5
When skyla finds out that she is actually a triplet her life turns inside out. Little does she know one is a girl identicle to her and the other a bo...