drown in your hands ; haikyuu...

By shadowstint

❝cause there's still too long to the weekend, too long till i drown in your hands, too long since i've been a... More

A/N | Requests
Talk Me Down - Sugawara Koushi
Gasoline - Nishinoya Yuu
For him - Oikawa Tooru
Fun - Bokuto Koutarou
Cool - Nishinoya Yuu
Cool [Part 2] - Nishinoya Yuu
Lost Boy - Akaashi Keiji
The Quiet - Kuroo Tetsuro
Ease - Tsukishima Kei
Heaven (Kingdom!AU) - Hinata Shouyou
Heaven (Kingdom!AU) - Hinata Shouyou [Part 2]
Wild - Iwaizumi Hajime
Fools - Akaashi Keiji
Fools [Part 2] - Akaashi Keiji
Blue - Kageyama Tobio
;; troye sivan song titles ;;
Sensitive - Bokuto Koutarou
Sleep and Whisper- Kuroo Tetsurou
Pretty - Oikawa Tooru
;; masterpiece ;;
Show me - Akaashi Keiji
I hate you, I love you - Terushima Yuuji
Birthday Present - Kenma Kozume
Cold Water - Semi Eita
Last Name - Kageyama Tobio
Marriage Proposal [100 Followers Special!!]
Serve - Nishinoya Yuu
Careful - Daishou Suguru
Tree - Oikawa, Kuroo, Bokuto
Gift - Sugawara Koushi
Gift [Part 2] - Sugawara Koushi
Thanks Bastards - Kageyama Tobio
The Good Guy - Iwaizumi Hajime
The Good Guy [Part 2] - Iwaizumi Hajime
The Good Guy [Part 3] - Iwaizumi Hajime
;; a/n lol sorry (pls read tho) ;;
Fear - Kuroo Tetsurou
Love - Akaashi Keiji
Mornings - Akaashi Keiji
Insecure - Oikawa Tooru

Too Good - Kageyama Tobio

11.8K 349 157
By shadowstint

This turned out pretty shitty. Though, I kinda like the concept so yeah here it is.

Warnings: feels, grammar errors, kind of ooc
---

He was the well known, self centered, King of The Court who didn't need anyone.

She was the sweetest and most helpful girl who needed everyone.

Kageyama Tobio thought that in this world of games and challenges, he didn't need a team to win. Even in the actual game of volleyball, all he needed was himself. He's the only one who can carry the team and all they have to do is not get in his way and play well, he thought. He didn't need any help. He was strong enough, he's too good, all of them are weak.

Then, he met this girl.

L/N Y/N thought she couldn't do anything right even for once. She suffered from a slightly serious case of DPD or Dependent Personality Disorder where she would always have troubles with doing things by herself because of the fear of failure and blame. Y/N was very clumsy and oblivious. Though, she liked helping everyone around her, she was too good to everyone, because she believed that one day she'll be needing help from them and that they would be there for her.

Well, she was right. Not knowing about her condition, everyone helped her with almost everything. Even the most selfish ones.

•••

"Hey... Kageyama, right?" Y/N asked the raven haired who was currently staring irritatingly at a vending machine near the Karasuno gym.

The setter looked at her and got distracted by how beautiful her E/C eyes were. His eyes widened for a moment and quickly looked away, slightly blushing before turning his attention back to the machine. "Yeah." He responded, his dark aura slowly returning.

"Why're you glaring at that vending machine?" Y/N asked curiously.

"It's not working properly! I paid for my milk and it won't give it to me."

The H/C haired chuckled quietly at the boy's childishness as she moved closer to him. "Maybe you should just..." she quickly kicked the lower part of the machine to hopefully 'fix it'. But then her other foot made an interaction to the wet slippery part of the floor... and slipped.

'How the hell did she slip?' Kageyama thought as he gave the E/C eyed an undescribable look. Y/N laughed awkwardly as she stood up. "I'm kind of clumsy."

On the bright side, Kageyama's milk magically went down and appeared, finally he'll be able to get it. He then picked it up and finally faced her.

"Thank you, L/N." The setter said, bowing his head a little. Though, she swear she saw him blushing. "See you at class." He spoke again before turning around and walked away.

Y/N then felt her face getting warm as it imitated the redness of Kageyama's face.

'He was actually... cute.' she thought.

They were total opposites. He was a blue and she was a red. Together they would make a beautiful color. They were different yet compatible.

The next day, Y/N again decided to check a certain vending machine near the gym. She did want something to drink, but that was not the only reason. She wanted to see him but didn't exactly know why. And she did.

Since then, the two became surprisingly close despite their differences. They'd meet every lunch time at the same place they first talked. They would get their favorite drinks and talk about themselves or maybe even some school stuff like homeworks, lessons, etc. They were classmates after all. It became much of a habit without neither of them noticing it. They knew they could talk inside their classroom but neither of them tried. Kageyama and Y/N liked talking in private, spending time with each other, just the two of them.

Kageyama once invited Y/N to watch the volleyball club practice and she didn't hesitate to say yes. She loved watching the team practice. Especially the certain dark blue eyed setter. She then started watching them almost every practice. Sometimes she would help Kageyama with free practices by helping him improve his sets, throwing balls for him.

"Want me to help you practice?" Y/N would ask him.

"No it's fine. I'll just–"

She'd cut him off by dribbling a ball. "Get ready." She knew she wasn't going to throw the ball properly or even throw anything properly. But she would still do it because she wanted to help him in anyway.

He would sigh and let her help him. 'She wanted to but she didn't have to.' He thought.

Little by little, Kageyama learned the importance of 'team' thanks to the Karasuno team, especially to that cute little orange head. Though, Kageyama also learned that 'help isn't bad'. It is okay to ask for it, that there are things you cannot do alone, and she learned that from Y/N.

Without actually noticing it, he slowly developed feelings for the H/C head. He was oblivious at first, but then he consulted the team and asked them why the hell he'd always be excited every lunch time to see Y/N, why his heart always beat faster whenever she was around, and other confusing feelings he have never felt before. The team told him that he was definitely in love with Y/N.

Unlike Kageyama, Y/N knew she was falling for his tsundere classmate. It was both a bad and good thing for her. Bad because she hated the idea of rejection, good because she loved the feeling of slowly falling in love with someone special.

•••

"You are such a flirt, L/N." One of the well known bullies at school said to the H/C haired. Y/N was by the vending machine near the gym when three scary looking girls appeared. 'Not again.' she thought, a bit shaking. The three girls started bullying Y/N since she got close to the boy's volleyball club. They thought she was a flirt to every boy in the school because of her generosity and kindness. But she was kind to everyone.

When the three girls then found out that Y/N's been hanging out with the team, they just lost it. Apparently, one of them has a huge crush on a certain raven haired setter. And the said guy was the closest to Y/N.

The girl with messy hair then spoke. "You're acting so helpful to every single boy in this school but the truth is you were just flirting with them and that disgusts me. Especially when you started doing the same thing with Kageyama." Messy haired moved her hands and slapped Y/N in the face. Her E/C eyes started watering as she touched her face. Y/N's heart started aching. 'There's that feeling again.' The feeling of being helpless, being able to do nothing, afraid of making things worse, of failing and getting hurt.

"Aww, you're gonna cry? Go on then. I'm going to make you sob to death." The bully said, intimidatingly raised her hands, about to give Y/N another hard slap.

Y/N shut her eyes and braised herself for impact. A few seconds passed and a hand still hasn't made contact with her face. She opened one eye and then another, looking up, she noticed the familiar back of the guy she fell in love with.

Kageyama was standing in front of her, gripping messy haired's wrist. Y/N's eyes widened as the formed tears finally fell.

His grip tightened before releasing it, controlling his temper. The three girls looked very shock as they stared at him in silence.

"Kageyama-kun, we were just–" One if the girls started.

"You hurt her! You should be ashamed of yourselves." The blue eyed cut her off. "She hasn't done anything mean to you so how dare you even try to say horrible things to her? You all know nothing about Y/N!"

Messy haired started shaking. "K-Kageyama–"

"Leave." He said, not wanting to use violence on girls.

They then started walking away with fear and guilt, leaving Y/N and Kageyama in silence.

"Why did you let them do that to you?" He asked, his back still facing her.

It took a moment for her to respond. "There's nothing I could do."

His fist clenched at her words as he turned around to face her with sadness, concern, and anger clear in his eyes. "You spend your whole life helping everyone but you couldn't even help yourself!?"

Tears started falling again from her eyes as she spoke. "Helping myself would only make things worse, Tobio! Doing things by myself would only make everything worse." She then wiped some tears from her face, looking down at the floor, making his face softened. "I grew up believing those words. Having troubles with doing stuff by myself is very difficult. My whole condition is so damn difficult."

Kageyama's concern and curiosity then grew. "Condition?"

She looked up and stared directly into his dark blue eyes. "I have this dependent personality disorder thing and it sucks. I needed people to help me with even the smallest things. But the truth is, I sometimes hate it when people help me, especially when they know about this horrible condition of mine. I don't know why but I would always feel either pity or annoyance from the people helping me. I tried my best to help others not just because I love helping, but also because when they help me with something I won't feel any annoyance or pity anymore. I'd feel like they're doing that to like pay me back for helping them."

There was nothing but silence after Y/N's short confession. Kageyama felt something inside him that wanted to help Y/N with everything. It was not pity, more like care... and love.

He broke the silence by saying the first thing that came into his mind. "Be mine." He said, looking straight into her E/C eyes.

Y/N's heart fluttered when she heard those words from the guy she liked. She noticed a slight blush on the setter's face. 'He mean it.' she thought.

He then broke the silence again. "Be mine and I promise I will take care of you. I will always be there to help you with anything just because I want to." He walked closer to her as he moved his hands to cup her face gently. "Please. Let me be the one to protect you. I don't care about your personality disorder. I just wanna take care of you and help you with everything. You were the one who thought me about kindness. You showed me a different yet beautiful world and I want to protect you from yours. I... I love you, Y/N." He finally said.

She was speechless from his words. She didn't expect Kageyama to feel... the same. She love him and she was happy hearing his sweet yet unexpected confession.

Y/N couldn't take it anymore. She was so happy, she didn't hesitate to pull him and press her lips against his. Kageyama's face heated up, his eyes widened from surprise. He then slowly closed his eyes as he finally responded to her kiss.

'He tasted like sweet milk' Y/N thought, smiling through the kiss. She felt a million butterflies in her stomach as her heart beat faster.

The kiss became a passionate one and the two enjoyed every second of it. They eventually pulled away to catch their breath as they stared at each other's eyes.

"I love you too, Tobio." Y/N said. He then wrapped his arms around her, giving her a tight embrace. She smiled widely, finally feeling safe in his arms.

He thought he was too good even without anyone. She was too good to everyone except herself. They were too different yet too good to each other. Too good for each other.

---
The story and characters are confusing af what have I done ;__; hope you liked it tho

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 320 8
ンリ゙゚ Haikyuu x reader 〃 "𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 �...
139K 2.3K 38
I do not own any of the characters or Haikyuu, all rights belong to their respectful owner. 𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕨𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕦𝕝 𝕙𝕦...
261K 5K 45
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ❝ '𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥'. 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐞. ❞ 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘬𝘺𝘶𝘶 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘴...
254K 4.2K 25
[completed] Just a book of one shots. Requests are: temporarily opened >Completed< (These one shots were made when I first joined Wattpad, wh...