Stumbling through the dark

By Harmonyangeldreamer

Niall finds himself experiencing a collection of small niggling health problems. They irritate him but don't... More

Smoke gets in your eyes.
Everything Points to..............
We can control it but.........
"Niall, Bro?"
You're a Crap Liar, Niall.
And?
"Look, I'm coming back."
One Day At A Time, Bro
LEAVE.ME.ALONE!
I Can't Explain, Don't Ask....
No Time, Louis Move!
If We Could Only Turn Back Time.
If Only - the two saddest words.
A/N Thank you
You Can't Fix Broken
You've Not Heard The End Of This, Mr Tomlinson
Just Promise
Pinkie Promise
Why Didn't You Let Me Go?
Just A Few More Feet
You Did.......Didn't You?
Choices
A/N Thank you
Li? Help Me.
You Mention Hiccups.
"Ah, Kevin"
Into The Lion's Den
Uncle Si
"Stop What?"
The Person You Are Calling Is Unavailable.
The Media is Bound To Get Some Things Right.
"Zee, don't"
Just A Sound At Twilight.
Now, What On Earth?
Just Keeping Promises
One More Promise
And Liars Get Punished
I Think You Need My help?
A/N
Leave This All To Me
No, No Way!
Nurse
I Wonder.........
Please Just Leave Me Alone
The Choice Is All Yours
I'll Always Be Here For You.
I've Got Scars, Even If They Can't Always Be Seen
It's A Long Way Down
Ground Control To Niall. Come In Please.
You Cry It Out
A Chance is All I want, Doc.
YOU!
Nightmares
There's Nothing I Want To Talk About.
I Never Touched Her!
Tomato Red
Yes, Louis. I Believe You Are.
AHSCT
Life Had Begun In Mullingar
Stumbling Through The Dark
Even The Strongest Person
Don't You Dare Ever Forget That
Li......This Is Mullingar!
On A Knife Edge
Odd Though, Don't You Think?
Strands Of Hope
If Wishes Were Horses Then Beggars Would Ride
Stepping In
State Of Action
Harry And Liam Need Your Support, Louis.
Wounded Souls
'MY' !
But That Was Then. Now?
Maybe....He Could Hope.
Busted!
Nope. Not Going There.
You And I Will Be Talking, Young Man!
Stubborn Child.
Sweet Kiss
#TalktousNiall
You Gotta' Let Him Go
Time Is A Funny Thing.
"Ni, You Don't Get It, Do You?"
Your Hand Fits In Mine Like It's Made Just For Me.
Thank You, Princess.
Don't You Recognise Me?
Last Breath
There Is Still That 1%
Up In The Attic
Perfect
The Locket
I Loved Her First.
I'm "Alibaba"
Gone
Silhouette
You F.cking Knew!
Good Intentions
One More Time.
"It Hurts, Doesn't It"
"Don't Let Me Down"
Where Did That Thought Come From?
I Mean...F.ck....Oops....Sorry
"Sit Yourself Down, Niall"
"Aoife!"
"Jacey.............Stay"
"Niall, No! PLease, It's Not Like That!"
Jumping To Conclusions
Saying Good Bye
Please, Don't Give Up On Me?
"Maybe I Should Join You"
"D*mn Milkshake!"
"Niall, The Bad Boy. Niall, The Church Boy"
"Say Something, Anything"
"Let Me Get This Straight"
"Don't Look, My Love. Leap!"
My Turn!
Deep Breaths
Niall, Did You Hear Me? Did You Understand?
STAT!
Relentless Tick Of The Clock
Flatline
Mr. X
A Good Nights Sleep.
Got These Scars On The Same Ground
"I Figured It Out."
There Won't Be A Fourth.
Psychotic Episode
Heart Attack
"It's Time, Niall"

Mission Accomplished!

1K 40 8
By Harmonyangeldreamer

A/N Although the medical treatment mentioned is currently still in the research stage, it really exists. As this part of the book is actually in the future, I am pretending that it is past that stage and is being used.

"Jacey, I know we kind of thought of a few boys names but I was wondering....."Niall paused, not quite knowing how to express his feelings."You remember the lads talking about when Zayn left the band, how I fell apart?"

"I do" Jacey said, wondering where this was going. Was Niall wanting to call the baby Zayn? She knew that he and Niall had patched things up, spoke regularly but even so..surely not?"

"Yeah, well anyway, I went through a really bad patch, didn't think I'd get through it. Probably wouldn't have if it hadn't been for the lads. They were all great but..." Niall stopped again.

"Ni, just spit it out, for heaven's sake" Jacey said in exasperation.

"Right, yeah, well....Louis was amazing and....Louis Malachi.....for the baby?" Niall looked at Jacey, his blue eyes wide and pleading. Jacey looked down at the baby she held close to her and smiled.

"Louis Malachi" she said softly " Perfect" and knew, the moment she looked up at Niall, how much it meant to him, that it was important that he could finally acknowledge that it had been mainly Louis, that had kept him alive at a time when he didn't want to live." It's nice he'll have his godfather's name" she continued, getting an even bigger smile from Niall.

They sat there in comfortable silence, each looking at their son with wonder. Eventually Jacey made up her mind , hating that she had to raise the subject, but the baby was a week old now and Niall, though he tried to cover it up, was still losing weight and was often in pain. She knew he wasn't going to like it but he needed to get treatment sooner, rather than later. She'd already spoken to James Caldwell and Graeham, both who agreed that Niall needed to be hospitalised and treatment started. Jacey hoped she could persuade him to listen but Niall was so stubborn. She took a deep breath and spoke.

"Niall, sweetheart, I know you'll be against this but you need to get help. You're not doing well and I know you're in constant pain. I left it because I knew you'd not do anything before the baby arrived, but he's here now " Jacey looked at Niall ,who was frowning as he stared down at the floor.

"No" Just the one word.

"Niall, please" Jacey begged but Niall stood up and left the room, stumbling slightly , his balance having got progressively worse the last few days. Jacey sighed then reached for her phone and placed the call. After a ten minute conversation, she ended the call and smiled to herself. Louis was ,indeed, a good friend. Jacey made another call. Things were falling into place. This might just work.

"Where's my boy?" Louis called out as he bounded into the room with his usual energy, making Niall groan slightly. "I want my cuddle". Louis extracted his namesake from Niall's arms and sat down to admire the little baby. He cooed at him gently as he grasped the baby's tiny fingers with his own. Niall quickly photographed their entwined fingers and posted it onto Twitter. It was too cute not to share.

"Why are you here?" Niall asked casually "Not that it isn't great to see you, mate"

"Ah, I've come to take you out for the afternoon. A little fresh air, a nice drive" Louis responded just as casually. " Aoife and Jacey are having  mommies and babies time together ,so we're having a lads outing. You up for it?"

"Yeah, I am. It'll be nice" Niall said sounding a little more cheerful to Louis relief. Part one of his mission accomplished, Louis  thought, as he smiled at Niall before suggesting they head out.

Louis drove around the countywide for an hour, car windows down, letting a cooling breeze into the car. Niall leant back in the passenger seat, enjoying the sensation of the soft air on his face. After a time, Louis suggested they find somewhere to eat and not too long afterwards found a nice looking pub that served meals. He parked quickly and ushered Niall inside. It was a lovely, old fashioned place,  and  had an excellent menu. Their meals chosen, both men talked in a desultory fashion until their food arrived. Part two of his mission was complete, Louis thought in satisfaction. He hoped things would continue to go well.

"Not hungry, Nialler?" Louis said softly as he watched Niall push his plate away after taking only a few mouthfuls.

"No, not really" Niall said. "I mean, I was hungry but I just don't want to eat now it's here.  I'm just tired, I guess"

"Niall, I know you hate hospitals, but maybe you need to see James?" Louis kept his tone quiet,  aiming not to sound too pushy ,knowing how stubborn Niall could be. He didn't want to force the issue but he knew how worried Jacey was about Niall and he could hardly ignore the evidence of his own eyes. Niall wasn't doing well. Niall just shrugged and looked out the window.

"Mate, you have to look after yourself. "Louis pursued the point "Jacey is worried about you. We are too. You need to be sensible, bro. Look, how about I take you to see James? Just let him check you over? If he says you're fine, we'll leave you in peace". He gave Niall a long, steady look. Niall met his eyes briefly then looked away, not responding.

"Mate, you can't ignore this. " Louis spoke  kindly but firmly, his sensible side coming to the surface. "Ni, you owe it to that new son of yours to be sensible."

"You'll leave me alone if James clears me?" Niall clarified reluctantly.

"Pinky promise" Louis replied holding up his little finger. Niall twined his own around it and they both gave a little shake. "Now we have established that, if you're ready, you have an appointment with James in an hour and a half. We'd better get moving"

"You had this planned you f.cking ba$t@rd"Niall's tone was accusing.

"No sense in getting older if you don't get crafty with it" Louis said cheerfully. "Move it, Horan" and he stood, flung an arm over Niall's shoulders and led him back to the car. "Time to get the show on the road." Louis grinned to himself as he  set in motion  the third and final part of his mission .

"Niall, Louis. Nice to see you both. I understand things are not as good as they could be right now, Niall" James Caldwell smiled at the two men as he spoke. Louis looked his usual bright and cheerful self and Niall wore his familiar stubborn look. James remained undaunted. He'd got to know Niall well over the last few years and knew that it was just Niall's way of coping with his fears. He called his nurse who appeared almost immediately. "You know the drill , Niall. If you'll go with the nurse and get ready, I'll be along in a moment." Niall went out with the nurse, Louis following.

Niall did his usual grumble about having to wear the stupid gown. Normally he just stripped down to his boxers but this time the nurse was having none of it. She went about her own checks very efficiently and had Niall weighed, measured and blood samples taken before James entered the examination room. James examination of Niall was equally efficient and very thorough. He seemed very unruffled as he extracted truthful and, unusually detailed answers from Niall regarding his symptoms and pain levels. After what seemed to him to be hours, Niall was invited to dress and to come through to the office when he was ready. James left the room , and much to Niall's surprise, was whistling cheerfully. Niall frowned, totally puzzled.

"Take a seat , gentlemen" James said, still cheerful, as he waved a hand at a group of comfortable looking armchairs. He took a seat opposite them and waited until they were settled. A tap on the door heralded the arrival of his secretary bearing a tea tray which she placed on the coffee table between them before leaving the room. Niall's forehead creased in a confused expression. Tea? Was James going to tell him something bad. Was tea supposed to soften the blow? He started fidgeting with his shirt.

"Relax, Niall" James said, recognising the signs that Niall was beginning to get distressed. "Have some tea. I think you are going to be quite happy with what I am about to tell you." He smiled at Niall who gave him an even more confused look. "There's a treatment I want to try on you, it's been very successful for others so I am hoping you'll also be fortune." This had Niall leaning forward in his chair, eyes trained on James as he waited.

"When your son was born, Jacey asked for the cord blood to be collected. Cord blood contains very powerful stem cells. I am planning to use the harvested stem cells to try and reboot your immune system again. It will be similar to the treatment you underwent 20 years ago but medical advancements will make it a far less harrowing experience than last time . I can't guarantee it will work as it is still in it's fairly early stages , but it's worth a shot. I want to know if you're up for it?" James asked seriously.

"When can it be done" Niall asked eagerly.

"Hold your horses" James laughed "let's talk it through and I 'll explain." .Louis took a discreet photo of Niall's face as he listened intently to James , sending it to Jacey , captioning it " Mission Accomplished"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 123 38
This is a follow on from sickness within Harry and Louis are now married and have one son 14 years old. Harry still suffers with cylic vomiting syndr...
4.7K 54 6
In which Harry develops the stomach bug whilst touring Where We Are, and the boys try their best to help him along the way.
243K 5.9K 41
A Niall Horan sickfic Niall developed Flu during the OTRA tour. He goes home to try and sleep it off . Liam gets very concerned that Niall isn't repl...
91.3K 1.4K 114
Just some random Sickfics of One Direction. Requests are closed for now, sorry! Rankings #5 - Zaynmalik #17 - Liampayne