"Niall, The Bad Boy. Niall, The Church Boy"

"Guys, it's great to have you with us today" Todd Raven said to his guests. " Your Reunion tour was a great success. Does this mean we can look forward to One Direction doing more work together?"

"The tour was amazing and we all had great fun but it was a one off" Liam replied "We've never really not been together since the band broke up. We've all stayed writing together, my son married Niall's daughter, as you know, but touring isn't going to stay in the mix."

"What's it like being a grandfather, Niall?" Todd turned his attention to Niall

"Unbelievably wonderful " Niall said, his face lit up with pleasure. "Caoimhe is the cutest baby. Has us all wrapped around her tiny finger already. Naturally she's beautiful . She gets her good looks from me not Liam " Niall said sassily as Liam gave him a friendly punch on the arm.

"Caoimhe? Named for your late wife, we know. Niall, you've been single since Caoimhe passed away in that tragic accident. Have you thought about having another relationship. Remarrying? You're still relatively a young man and it's been a long time you've remained a widower. " Todd asked the question, the answer of which he knew that many of Niall's large army of  fans were anxious to know.

"Mmmh, I don't think I have ever given it serious thought" Niall replied suddenly feeling like someone was sweeping the ground from under him. It made him nervous. " I mean, I have dated a few times and there is someone I care about but..well..not sure" He twisted his fingers together, a habit he had when he was very nervous or distressed.

"The someone you care about....would that be the Doctor that accompanied you for the later part of the tour? The media has shown several pictures of you together and you look very comfortable together, even showing the odd PDA" Todd probed, hoping to get a scoop for his show. Niall was looking very uncomfortable at the line of questioning but, just as Todd was about to wade in with another question, Liam jumped in with a bit of news that would change the subject.

"Niall's going to be too busy for love" Liam said cheerfully " He and Zayn are collaborating to work with a new band. Niall has written some pretty gritty stuff for them and now Zayn is taking over to produce their debut album.

"How's that working out for you? I mean there is a lot of history between you four men and Zayn. Wasn't there a time when you all were estranged from each other. Obviously you are back together but what is the story behind the split? The rumors have flown about but nothing has been confirmed officially. And Zayn's style of writing is completely opposite from that of your One Direction days. His lyrics are known to be explicit" Todd jumped in quickly. The media had never got any genuine information on the Zayn/One Direction situation and he was hoping he could force some answers out of them. He suppressed a self-congratulatory smile as he watched the four men exchange fleeting glances. He'd get a scoop, he could feel it.

"Gritty stuff, Liam? " Louis jumped in quickly, not wanting to have to answer any Zayn questions. He could see Todd's body almost quivering with excitement. He had to block this line of questioning and do it quickly. "This is Niall we're talking about"

"Niall the bad boy" Liam confirmed. He picked up immediately on Louis evading tactics and worked with him to alter the line of questioning.

"Niall, the bad boy? Give it a rest. Niall the church boy, more like" Louis quoted a line he had used years ago, making all four men collapse in laughter. Todd knew he has lost the chance then to get anything out of Niall, Louis or Liam. Maybe Harry? . He turned to Harry, who had been almost silent the whole interview.

"What about you, Harry. What are your plans?' Todd asked "Have you plans to work with Zayn?"

"I'm writing a little with Louis at the moment and I've just been cast in a new film role that I'm looking forward to doing. It's based on a band so it's making it even more exciting to work on." Harry ignored the mention of Zayn knowing that the Interview was about to end. Immediately he felt relief flood through him as Todd launched into winding down the conversation.

" We'll look forward to seeing it then. Well, I'm sad to say that's all we have time for today. Thank you for joining me today and I hope you'll come back soon." Todd turned back to face the camera. "I have been talking to One Direction and tomorrow we'll be joined on the show by "Hee2Shee N'back" , a new Transgender group that is taking the world by storm.

THe four men hurried off the set and waited patiently as they were un-miked by an assistant.

"Glad that's done" Liam said quietly as soon as the the man was out of earshot. "He didn't stick to the questions we were told he was to ask"

"When do they ever?" Louis replied , sounding a little bitter. "I was about ready to land him one.

"Glad you didn't: Harry responded "That really would have stirred the hornet's nest" He smiled at Louis who grinned back.

"Yeah, think how that would have got twisted!" Liam laughed.

"Thanks, guys" Niall said gratefully "I was..well, thanks"

"No problemo" Louis reached out and ruffled Niall's thick blond hair. "Let's get out of here"

Niall snuggled up to Jacey, breathing in the scent of her shampoo as he ran his hand down the length of her hair. He'd always loved long hair on a girl, it was so feminine, somehow. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment. The room was quiet and still as the last of the sun slowly sank down, the brightness of the day slowly fading.The sky beyond the window glowed pinky red then softly dull as it became twilight.

"Ni?" Jacey's voice broke the silence. She moved to rest her head on Niall's shoulder as she pulled at a loose thread on his sweater.

"Mmmmh?" Niall murmured softly

"Have you ever..I mean..would you ever....maybe...want more children?" Jacey was hesitant.

"Never thought about it" Niall's reply was casual, almost uninterested.

"Oh" Jacey responded. Silence reigned again as Niall pulled Jacey tighter against his body and nuzzled into her neck, his breath tickling her skin. They stayed like that quietly until Nisall's body jerked suddenly and he pulled away, yelping in pain.

"F.ck" he squeezed his eyes shut and took slow, deep breaths as he waited for the pain to recede.

"Niall, are you OK?" Jacey immediately switched to doctor mode as she looked at his hunched body.His breathing regulated and his face relaxed.

"Sorry, pain. It's gone now. It was like an electric shock going through my body" he took a few more deep breaths then straightened up, smiling at her reassuringly.

"Maybe we should call Graeham" Jacey was worried. Wasn't the current treatment meant to prevent this from happening?

"Nah" Niall smiled at her " It happens from time to time. It's gone now. Com'on let's cuddle" He moved back towards her and pulled her back into his arms. Jacey allowed it to happen but she could feel that Niall's body felt tense and, as they continued to cuddle, she felt his body heat increasing gradually.

"Please Niall, I'd feel happier if you did call Graeham" Jacey pushed her body away from him so she could look at his face.

"No, don't need to" Niall replied and Jacey saw the stubborn set of his features. "I'm hungry" Niall stood up and headed to the kitchen. "I'll make dinner".

Jacey looked at his retreating  back with concern. Today wasn't going well and she was at a lose as to what she should do. She remained sitting there wondering just how she was going to be able to deal with things that needed to be said when the sound of crashing china and a loud thump emanated from the kitchen.

"NIall!' She screamed as she raced towards the now silent kitchen.