Finding Aria (Wᴀᴛᴛʏ Aᴡᴀʀᴅs 20...

By foreverpurple1000

(Completed)- Aria Cadence has lost her passion to sing. For seventeen years, what she once thought was a beau... More

Finding Aria
Copyright
Prologue!
1-♪- Goodbye Apathy
2-♫-Pitter-Pat
3-♪- Chasing Pavements
4-♫-Turning Pages
5-♪- Set Fire to the Rain
6-♫- Crazy
7-♪- Say When
8-♫- Someone Like You
9-♪- All To Well
10-♪- Distance
11-♫-Hotspur
12-♪- If You're Not The One
13-♫- Field Trip
14-♪- She Said, You're Going To Lose That Girl
15-♫-Stuck
16-♪- Drunken Masses
17-♫- Give me Love Little Bird to Run A Thousand Miles
18-♪- Hangovers and Bacon
19-♫-The Scientist of Narnia and Heartbreak
20-♪-Home
21. I Will Follow You into the Dark~ Part One
21-♫- Follow You into the Dark~ Pt. 2
22-♪- Make You Feel My love My Little Iris
author's note
23-♫- It Means A Lot To You
24-♪- Sunday Morning
25 -♫- Never Stop (Part one)
25-♫-Guardian Angel (part 2)
26-♪- Be Still
27-♫- Warning Signs
28-♪- Collide
29-♫- Time After Time <3
30-♪-Just Give Me A Reason
Authors note
31-♫- Only You Can Hear My Heart
32-♪- You and Me
33-♫-Right Here Waiting
33-♪- If I Lose Myself
Check It Out!
34-♫- Save the last Dance For me
35-♪-Read All About It
36-♫- Hazy
37-♪-Diamonds
38-♫-From Where You Are
39-♪- So Much Depends
40-♫- Call
41-♪- Nightingale
43-♪-The Lonely *
44-♫-Waiting For Superman
45-♪- Rough Waters
46-♫- Till My Heart Stops Beating
47-♪- You're the Reason I Come Home
~Epilogue~
Important Author's Note

42-♫-Longest Night

10.7K 469 48
By foreverpurple1000

♫-Chapter 42

Is it dark, where you are?

Can you count the stars where you are?

Do you feel like you are a thousand miles from home?

            “The problem, is that tumor right there,” the doctor says objectively, using the tip of his pen to point to a faded grey area in the MRA scan.

            I can feel my body shaking, my knees knocking against each other as I grip the edge of the table, peering up at the spot on the scan.

            Tumor.

            “S-so, this-“ I can’t even say the word as the doctor waits patiently for me to continue. “this is what has caused his hearing to deteriorate?”

            It was hard to believe that the little white spot the size of  golf ball was what caused all of this.

            “I’m afraid so. Before, we thought it was just the neural connection between the temporal lobe and the auditory nerve; however, with this tumor, I’m afraid losing his hearing is the last thing Mr. kemps should be worrying about right now,” the doctor says, his gaze flickering from Mrs. Kemps and me.

            I didn’t like how formal and stone cold everything was.

            “So the fainting episodes, his weight loss, the painful headaches- their all because of the-“ I begin.

            “-tumor.” The doctor finishes, nodding with a grim look on his face. “Right now, the most important thing is making sure he stays alive…not his hearing.”

            My chin trembles and Mrs. Kemps goes pale.

            “Why didn’t you guys catch this before?” Mrs. Kemps asks slowly.

            The doctor stiffens, a defensive look in his eyes. “the tumor grew fast, when we first saw this little spot, we thought nothing of it-“

            “That’s your job,” Mrs. Kemps interrupts, a deadly look on her face.

            Caitlin places a warning hand on Mrs. Kemps and I can feel the air cracking with tension.

            “You job was to find out what was wrong with my son. You were supposed to explore anything that looked like it could have been an issue but because you were too lazy-“ Mrs. Kemps begins to rant.

            “-We were not being lazy. In all honesty, it didn’t seem like a big deal at the time,” the doctor exclaims, incredulous.

            “but it’s a big deal right now!” Mrs. Kemps cries, her shoulders heaving. “Teegan- my son, my baby- is lying in a coma on that hospital bed right now all because you couldn’t bother to check out that small tumor in his brain. His heart stopped,” Mrs. Kemps whispers, choking on her sobs. “Twice.”
            I feel lightheaded, like the walls are closing in and all I can hear is the hallow echo of my breathes.

            Black dots cloud my vision and I can’t remember the last time i slept.

            Feeling a warm arm wrap around my shoulders, I meekly look up to see Caitlin beside me, holding me up with a sad smile on her face.

            “I think this is enough for one day,” Caitlin interrupts. The doctor and Mrs. Kemps snap their gazes over to us and I feel sleepy.

            “Aria? Dear, what’s wrong,” Mrs. Kemps begins, stepping forward for me.

            Caitlin clutches me to her tighter. “She’s tired. She’s been through too much lately and right now, freaking out and blaming people won’t help.”

            The doctor looks away slightly embarrassed and Mrs. Kemps lowers her arms, a defeated look on her face.

            I really missed having Teegan’s arms around me. even though it felt nice to lean against someone, nothing could compare to the feel of Teegan beside me.

            I blink back tears, exhaling a shaky breath.

            “let’s go,” Caitlin murmurs to me, leading me out the room, her shoulders straight.

            I really admired this strong woman. Her eyes were red and puffy yet she held herself strong and calm despite everything.

            Walking down the endless, empty hallway, I shuffle down the hall.

            Holding most of my weight, Caitlin walks slowly with me, briefly studying me as I stare at the ground blankly.

            “You know, you’re kind of amazing,” Caitlin says softly.

            I scoff, bringing in a fresh new wave of tears collecting in my eyes. “I couldn’t even save him or make his pain go away.’

            Caitlin stops us, turning me to face her. “What do you mean you couldn’t save him? You saved his life that night. He could’ve died if you weren’t there but-“

            “He’s in a comma, Caitlin,” I interrupt,  grinding my teeth together.

            “-And the only reason he is alive is because of you,” Caitlin says firmly, genuine honesty in her eyes.

            I wish I could say I was like Caitlin who could will her tears to stop and stand tall but I wasn’t her.

            Standing there in an empty hall, my heart aching and my head throbbing, I break down into tears, heavy sobs ripping through my body.

            Holding me to her, Caitlin pats my head reassuringly as I cry.

~*~

            Sniffing, I clutch Teegan’ hand in mine, resting my chin on the hospital bed.

            “The boys come and visit everyday, they are always joking and laughing because they think you would rather have it that way,” I croak, smiling softly.

            “Knowing you, you probably would. You’re always laughing and smiling. That’s one of the reasons why I love you so much,” I say, brushing his hair away. “You’re like my little star amidst the night.”

            I laugh quietly, the ache spreading through my chest. It feels like forever ago the last time I laughed.

            “Is that too cheesy?” I ask. “…That’s okay. You were always cheesy.”
            A reminiscent smile lingers on my lips as I run my fingers down his face, brushing his lips.

            I loved him so much.

            I blink, my eyes feeling heavy and groggy as I clear my throat, wiping my tears.

            “Don’t you forget your promise to me though,” I say sternly, staring at Teegan’s closed eyes. “You swore you would always come back and I’m not about to forget that promise.”
            His body was so still, the only sound being made coming from his breathing ventilator.

            The heart monitor beats slowly, the green line spiking with a soft beep.

            Bringing his hand to my lips, I press my lips against his skin.

            “I really miss you Teegan,” I whisper, his cold hand between my own.

            I watch him, hoping for a slight flutter of the eyes or a twitch of the fingers. Nothing.

            I continue.

            “I turned eighteen today and instead of feeling happy and freed at last, I feel ..” I trail off, whispering. Sad. I felt sad.

            Today was supposed to be the day i could pack up and leave home forever. Today was supposed to be the day with just Teegan and i.

            Sighing, I close my eyes.

            Teegan shouldn’t be feeling sad right now. He would be here with me if he could, I remind myself.

            I had to be happier. I had to show him that when he came back, I would be right here waiting.

            Opening my eyes, I sniff, forcing my lips into a smile.

            I don’t even know what my goal was, telling him all of this but all I knew was that I didn’t want to leave his side.

            Fixing his pillow, I try and think of another topic to talk about- well I guess another topic to tell him. It was a one sided conversation right now.

            “My father called this morning, he even sent flowers but my mother and Carmina….” I trail off, a small frown on my face. “Well, they probably won’t call anytime soon.”

            Shoot…. That was sad wasn’t it?

            “But that’s okay,” I rush out, wanting to get rid of that sad note. “ I’m here with you and that’s all I need.”

            Shuffling closer to him, my lips at his ear, I laugh softly. “Although, for my birthday gift, you should get me a chocolate cupcake when you wake up. It has to be the one from that bakery in that town you took me too a couple months ago.”

            Kissing his lips, I sit back in my seat, resting my head on his arm.

            Feeling drowsy and tired, I knew that being here next to him would be the closest I would get to feeling calm so I close my eyes, letting nature do it’s thing.

~*~

            “Shhh, you idiot. You walk like a freaking elephant on steroids,” someone hisses.

            I groan, my neck stiff as I start to come to my senses.

            Hearing everything go silent, I force my eyes open, the world tilted sideways.

            Lifting my head off of Teegan’s arm, I look for signs of Teegan being awake but like it has been for the past week, his eyes are closed, his face blank.

            My shoulders slump in disappointment and I frown.

            I hear a throat clear and my head snaps so fast, it hurts.

            “Ow,” I mutter.

            Zach holds back his laughter and I stare suspiciously at the boys.

            “What’s behind your back?” I ask Tro, peering at him.

            He grins and I only get more suspicious.

            “Nothing of your interest,” he replies back.

            Switching tactics, I turn my glare to Trey. “Thumper, what’s Tro hiding?”
            Zach snorts, spit flying every as he loses it, laughing so hard he’s crying.

            Clearly offended, Trey stares at me in horror. “Thumper is my nickname?”

            I nod, a small grin on my face.

            “And I thought my nickname was bad,” Zach laughs.

            Trey punches Zach on the arm so hard, I wince. “watch it buddy. I may be named after a rabbit in Bambi but you’re a salad dressing.”

            Scoffing, I settle into my chair, my fingers still entwined with Teegan’s.

            “Plus, chicks dig cute rabbits,” Trey adds in after some thought, his handsome face thoughtful.

            Zach rolls his eyes. “Are you kidding? Chicks dig salad therefore they dig salad dressing.”

            “Chick dig what about you?” A new voice pipes up from the door.

            We all turn to look at the person by the door and the moment I see her, our eyes lock.

            Lunging at me, Blythe throws her arm around me, a whirl of her pomegranate perfume surrounding me.

            “I missed you,” she mumbles, burying her face in my neck.

            Feeling my eyes prickle, I hug her back, briefly letting go of Teegan’s hand.

            “Me too. Thank you for…you know,” I say, choked.

            “Anything for you,” Blythe sniff, hugging me tight.

            At the end of the day, Blythe was my best friend and having her here with me, it felt like old times.

            Separating, we both swipe at out eyes, laughing at how emotional we get.

            “Now,” Blythe sniffs, turning to glare at Zach. “Chicks dig what?”

            Zach blanches, the smile slipping from his lips. “um….. Chicks dig…dirt. Haha,” he laughs nervously.

            Blythe narrows her eyes and I can literally feel Trey’s satisfaction rolling off of him.

            “He was saying chicks dig how he’s a salad dressing,” Trey informs Blythe.

            Blythe scrunches her face in confusion. “Is that supposed to be an innuendo?”

            Tro burst out laughing before he pathetically tries to turn the laugh into a cough, shoving his hands in his pocket.

            “No, love. We’re talking about the nicknames Aria has gracefully bestowed upon us,” Zach murmurs, puling Blythe to him and settling her on his lap.

            I wince. Best friends dating…ewww.

            Well, I mean I’m happy for them it’s just…weird seeing them like that.

            “Well, your nickname sounds like a salad dressing and that is a deal breaker,” Blythe says, getting up.

            “Hey,” Zach protests, grabbing her.

            “Guys… we came here to accomplish something,” Trey cuts in cryptically.

            “Oh yeah,” Tro murmurs, bringing a box out from behind his back. “So we heard today’s your birthday…”
            I gasp. They remembered.

            “And a little birdy told us that you like chocolate cake so…here.”

            Tro wheels in the table and settles a pink box tied in white ribbon in front of me.

            Staring at it, I feel so many different things tugging at my heart.

            Tears fill my eyes and before I know it, I can feel a tear slip down my cheek.

            “Aw shoot, I knew you didn’t like chocolate,” Zach panics.

            “No!” I protest. They all jump in surprise at my strong response. “No, I love it.”

            Fingering he pink box, I gently tug away the white ribbon to reveal a chocolate cake with chocolate shavings and intricate designs on it.

            Sniffling, I grin against my tears.

            “This sounds stupid but I’ve never had a birthday cake this way,” I say, the smile never leaving my lips.

            “What way?” Trey asks.

            I look up, staring at the faces of the people who have become my family.

            “I’ve never had a birthday surrounded with genuine people who actually love me,” I say quietly.

            The room goes silent and I worry that I freaked them out but before I know it, all of them pounce at me, burying me in a pile of bodies.

            Shrieking, all of them dog pile me in a hug.

            “Aw it’s okay,” Zach wails dramatically, patting my head like I was a dog.

            “Shut up,” Tro mutters, punching Zach.

            When they all get off of me, i head straight into cutting out slices.

            Ten minutes later, Caitlin, Mrs. Kemps and Kaida join us in the small hospital room made only for a max of five people.

            Lying in the bed next to Teegan, my head resting on his chest, I watch as everyone laughs and jokes around, a comforting feeling settling into my bones.

            I stare at my entwined fingers with Teegan, his cold hand not even warming in mine.

            “Please wake up,” I whisper.

            I recall when we were together

Even now it seems like forever

So alive caught in a fading light

On the longest night

~*~

A/N- The song is longest Night by Howie Day. I am for sure entering this story in the Watty awards however in order to do that i need to finish it before November so yeah, wish me luck. i'm sorry it takes me so long to upload but i am honest when i tell you this- it take me forever to feel like a chapter is good enough to post. i can't tell you how much all your comments and votes mean to me and you guys give all your support and i can't give you guys a crappy chapter and a rushed ending. Have a little faith and trust me :) i will finish this story soon but i also have a ton of exams.

i am working on 'My Hired Boyfriend' and 'Confined As the Male Rapunzel' right now but that may go on the shelf for a little bit and i started a new story called 'The Night Vigillante" (i know, i have a lot of stories to update) but please check it out for me :) You guys are awesome and all i can say is 'LETS WIN THE WATTY'S!' WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1.2K 27
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹, 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼�...
30.9K 2.2K 58
♤VOL 1: Book III in the FORBIDDEN series♤ ♠♤ "Have you ever been in love?" I didn't know what to say to that. My skin heated with an embarrassed, u...
5.3K 429 21
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...