Pride & Polyjuice (Professor...

By PrettyThin

"It's very hard to grow up in a perfect family when you're not perfect." More

Pride & Polyjuice (Professor Snape Story)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37 -- Finale
Author Note:

Chapter 36

2.1K 70 58
By PrettyThin

The sound of trumpets cut through the air. The crowd was jumping and chanting for their favorite champion, mainly either Krum or Potter at this point. I couldn't help but stare down at the competition in nothing more than a terribly timed disaster waiting to happen. In my pants pocket sat the vial I had stolen from Severus, something I would apologize for later assuming I made it out at all.

My brother was seated higher up with most of the Slytherins chanting for Krum to win over everyone, but specifically Potter. My father was scattered somewhere with the teachers, Snape perched uncomfortably beside him. His eyes were scanning the crowd constantly, whether looking for me or trouble I couldn't be sure.

I looked out over the field, the Quidditch pitch had been transformed into a giant maze of hedges, standing precariously still, something that made me uneasy. I had the foresight to bring a jumper with a hood, which I wore now and looked for the best way in.

"Since both Potter and Diggory are tied for first place they shall be the first to enter the maze." Dumbledore spoke, his voice easily cutting through the noise produced by the spectators. I heard booing from the Slytherin section and rolled my eyes.

My blonde hair was tied up and away from my face not that it would matter once this thing started. I tried not to bounce anxiously as I stood waiting as the two contestants disappeared from sight.

Krum was next, and Fleur followed a few minutes later. I had snooped around the maze as it was being created and found myself at a loss on how to get in other than just pushing through the bushes. Though when I had tried to throw a rock at it the plant sprung to life and snatched the rock out of the air and sucked it in. I wondered if that would be my best bet. I quickly pushed through the crowd into where the locker rooms normally were. I slipped my bag off my shoulder, snatching my wand and placing it on my hip. I snuck into a lavatory that had been fashioned for the tournament spectators and slipped inside. Quickly changing clothes from a fitted hooded jumper and jeans into black slacks, and a pair of trainers I had stolen from my brother, and into a baggy shirt that could have been an undershirt he used for Quidditch when he played. I sucked in a large breath of air before exiting the bathroom and making my way back through the crowd. I slipped around to the side, keeping my head tucked down low and pushed my way around till I got to the side.

Thankfully, there were nearly no people on this side, and conveniently their attention was pulled to the festivities that were happening across the way. I used this to my advantage as I downed the liquid in the vial nearly gagging on the taste and texture.

Immediately, my insides felt like they were being twisted, and changed from within, if I had to take a stab at what it was like to swallow snakes this is what I would imagine. I stood with my knees apart, a hand on each one and tried to breathe evenly, ignoring the feeling of bile creeping into my throat. Then, just as soon as it appeared the nausea was gone, replaced instead by a burning sensation flushing over my entire body. Next there was a melting sensation as if my skin was being melted off completely, I held back the urge to scream. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt my limbs being pulled in all directions, my shoulders breaking outwards, I was thankful I had taken the time to change beforehand, though the clothes were still a size too small.

Finally the transformation was complete, though I didn't have time to appreciate my new appearance, I only had an hour to track down Harry, not die from whatever monsters they threw in, and also attempting to not be seen by the boys identity I had stolen.

I sucked in a deep breath before pushing through the thorny bushes.

The air was colder almost instantly, the warm light that had been surrounding the task was now darkened into intense shades of blue. I looked from one side to the other not seeing anything but shrubs that had seemed to double in size. I panicked as I looked from side to side, trying to determine which way I needed to go, but failing in seeing a difference I picked up running to the left.

I followed the path around the maze, feeling like I was going nowhere but in circles. And turned to look in both directions. I noticed that if I stood still to long vines would sneak across the ground and wrap my ankles, in an attempt to knock me over. I frowned and made sure to keep my feet moving, even if I wasn't going anywhere.

A clap of what sounded like thunder sounded from above, red sparkles dancing in the sky. I wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean but for some reason I felt drawn to it.

I was unaware of how long I had spent already.

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, jumping over roots that had over grown, my heart pounding hard against my rib cage. I mentally kicked myself for how out of shape I actually was.

"Cedric!" A voice called from in front of me, panic settling deep in my chest before realizing that was who I looked like. I squinted to get a better look at the person, despite knowing in my gut who it was already.

"Potter." I nodded not thinking and trying not to appear like I was as winded as I actually was. Suddenly as if on cue the vines shot out from the sides, narrowly missing Harry's legs but grabbing onto mine as I had not moved quick enough.

I fell to the ground feeling more and more of the strange tentacle plants wrap around my body.

"Harry! Help!" I called out, my voice sounding different as it was masked in a masculine tone. The vines were wrapping around my waist and arms, immobilizing me. He looked down the line for a minute before looking back at me. It wasn't until I followed his gaze that I saw what had caught his attention. Directly ahead was the goblet, glowing a bright teal against the darkness around us.

"Harry!" I screamed, causing him to turn and look at me, I realized I hadn't deepened my voice. I cleared my throat as he snapped his wand forward, causing the vines to retreat, a stinging around where the vines had been. He quickly pulled me to my feet, steadying me. The wind had picked up by now, nearly taking my breath away.

"Some game?" I asked, deepening my voice again.

"Some game."

We both looked at each other before breaking into a sprint again, trying to outrun the other one, we both made it at the same time. I wondered what he was going to do. My instincts told me to grab it and leave him.

"Take it." He said, a defeated look on his face.

I reached for it slowly but held my hand back. "At the same time?" I offered, trying to think what the boy would have done, considering I had stolen his body.

He nodded briefly, "On three."

"One."

"Two."
"Three" we both called out reaching and grasping each handle. Immediately after touching it, it felt like I was being sucked through a very small straw, twisting and spinning until we came to a stop, slamming into the ground.

"Was that it?" I coughed looking around, it didn't seem to have taken us back to the beginning of the maze, nor to where I expected there to be a crowd waiting eagerly.

"A portkey?" he asked confused, the cup had fallen from both of our hands and laid on the ground, the light dimming out of it. I stared down at it trying to piece it together.

"Come on, we have to get back to the cup." I called, noticing he was no longer beside me but walking around what appeared to be a graveyard.

"I've been here before..." he said to no one, I assumed he was just thinking out loud.

"We have to go now." I ordered, trying to catch up to him.

"In a dream..." he kept speaking, I wanted to pummel him into the ground, I wondered if there was a way I could just drag him back.

Then before I could say anything else a door creaked open, it must have belonged to the caretaker. Three people stepped out.

"Harry." I hissed, reaching out to grab him, but he screamed suddenly clutching his head, nearly doubling over.

"Ryder, kill the spare." A voice hissed out, it sounded as though it were coming from the bundle of clothes the other man was carrying. Calling him a man seemed generous. I vaguely remembered hearing the name Ryder before, though I couldn't place from where.

The man pulled his wand up, pointing it square at my chest as he continued walking, I realized that I was the spare. I opened my mouth to call out, to beg him not to when a green light shot out from the tip of the wand. With nothing else to do, momentarily forgetting about my wand that was stashed in the waist of my pants I brought my hands up across my chest.

The green light approached me and I closed my eyes in anticipation waiting for what would happen next.

Around my wrist, the snake began to spin, snaking around my wrist faster and faster until the green light made contact with it. It stopped and shattered, reflecting the curse and sending both me and the other man, whose name I figured must have been Ryder, to the ground. I sat up, he did not.

"Cedric!" Harry called, the next moments seemed like they were moving in slow motion. My body felt like it was molting, and shrinking and twisting, I realized the effects of the potion was wearing off. My bracelet lay in ashes in front of me.

I coughed, my heart was racing and I thought I would be sick. I realized what had happened. The shock on both Harry's and the hunchbacked man apparent.

"Allyson?" he called, taking a step forward me.

Black overcame me.

When I came to, it was from being slammed into the ground. Black rimmed my vision as I finally was able to open my eyes.

"He's back, He's back." a voice sounded from over me, I felt like I couldn't breathe and it wasn't until my vision cleared up that I saw the cause. Harry had been laying over the top half of me. Dumbledore appeared in my vision, across from Harry. He clutched his face and seemed to be looking for any injuries.

I remained unable to protest, lungs burning. "Allyson!" My brother called, I instantly recognized his voice, along with a string of swear words at a member of security trying to hold him back.

"Move!" he hollered, all but shoving Harry off of me, air flooded into my lungs. I tried to sit up, using an arm that had been thrust in front of me as a steadying object.

"Come on Potter." A voice called pulling the boy to his feet, I stared confused at the man limping away from the scene and into a darkened alleyway.

I vaguely heard someone talking beside me but I couldn't fathom what they were saying, even when I turned to look at the pair of lips speaking. My eyebrows furrowed.

"What?"

Nothing but muffled as if water was stuck in my ears. I felt frustration spill over my eyes. My brother, mistaking my frustration for something else, hoisted me up dragging my arm across his shoulders, I didn't remember them being that wide but I pushed the thought aside. On the other side of me walking slightly behind both Draco and I was a murderous looking Snape. I half noticed the absence of my father.

"Leave us." ordered Severus, lifting me from my brother's grasps, "Go back to the tournament. Find your father." He said, sounding more like he was giving an impossible task.

"No." Barked my brother, keeping in pace with the man that was fully carrying me. I felt like I was drunk, swaying side to side as he walked.

"Draco..."I mumbled, wishing he would go. I would see him soon and I knew the next thirty minutes was going to be unpleasant. He tore his gaze away from the potions professor and looked at me, worry etched so deep in his features I was sure he would have traces of it for years. I nodded, intending him to leave. He pursed his lips as if he was about to protest but huffed and disappeared back the way we came. I waited till he was out of sight.

"I can walk." I muttered, though not fully willing to place a bet on that.

"That's fantastic." he didn't put me down, I decided not to protest.

"Where are we going?" I asked confused, we weren't headed to the infirmary, which was my first guess.

"My classroom." He said crisply, I was too scared to look at his face, knowing all to well the angry expression that accompanied this tone. I decided to go in silence, though due more to the pounding in my head and burning in my lungs rather than because of politeness.

When we reached the classroom he deposited me into the chair behind his desk. I took this time to look on his face. His teeth were gritted, jaw clenching and unclenching and his eyes looked as if he were physically in pain. He twisted the chair so the back was against the desk and stared down at me, arms crossed tightly against his chest.

I stared at my hands, tugging at the now-to-big sleeves that sheathed my arms.

"Have you any idea of your actions?" He asked softly, but still cold.

"No." I answered quietly. I hadn't decided if I was going to take his punishment or stand up for myself. "Can I have something for my head?" I asked, causing him to turn to his cupboard and thrust something into my hand. I drank it without question. Within a few minutes my headache shriveled up to a tingling in the back of my head before disappearing completely.

"Why do you insist on behaving this way?" He looked beyond his years, eyes stony black in his paled face.

"I wanted to help."

"Help kill yourself?"

"I didn't die." I pointed out, huffing slightly.

"Why did you intervene?" He asked, visibly pained.

"I wanted to help." I repeated. "I thought I'd be able to keep him from coming back."

"Are you out of your mind?" he scoffed incredulously, arms dropping to his sides.

"Apparently." I replied sarcastically.

"You could have died." he leaned forward, placing a hand on either side of the armrests. "I thought you had died." He whispered, his head tucked down slightly, as if embarrassed by that. I instinctively put my hand on his cheek.

"I'm fine though."

"You don't understand." He stood back straight causing my hand to fall back into my lap.

"Explain then." I sighed

"I felt a crack." he pointed to his chest, his heart? That didn't seem likely. "It must have happened when your bracelet rebounded the curse." He thought carefully. I took this time to look at my wrist, now barren. I had already forgotten that it turned to ash.

"How?" I asked suddenly, eyes still fixated on my wrist.

He looked at me. "How what?"

"How did it reflect it? That doesn't happen that was only a legend." I pointed out, curious as to why he would believe that type of wives tale.

"It was believed that an object could be protected through great sacrifice, with an expression of love. I'm sure you're familiar with Potter's story."

I nodded.

"It's similar to that." He said.

"An expression of love?" I thought aloud, rubbing my thumb along where the snake had normally sat.

"Oh you simple girl." He said exasperatedly. "Surely you are not this oblivious."

I smiled up at him, "You know I am." I commented dryly.

He shook his head, before stopping, his gaze falling on the desk behind me.

"What is it?" I asked standing, and stumbling into him.

"He knows who you are."

"He?"

"The Dark Lord."

"So? Who cares? He knows my whole family." I reminded him, not sure how that would affect things.

"He thinks you were trying to intervene." His eyes were far off, like he was reading it from a script.

"I mean I was—"

"Silence." He cut me off, my mouth dropped slightly. He hadn't used that tone with me in a while, lest we were in class performing.

I did as I was told, trying to figure out what was happening behind his eyes. As if on cue he let out a small gasp, awareness coming back into his eyes.

"You aren't safe." he looked down at me, I saw him touch his wrist before grabbing it and wincing.

"Stop it." I ordered, pulling his arm back, catching sight of the black mark staining his stain.

"Oh."

"Allyson." He spoke, staring down at me, I tried to take a step back. I mean I had assumed he was one, but I felt an odd twinge at the back of my throat as it was confirmed. It shouldn't have bothered me. Both my parents were inducted as Death Eaters, something that I had known for years. In fact, many of the adults that still visited my house had been Death Eaters, as explained by Draco.

"Allyson." he repeated, my attention snapped onto his face. "You must listen to me."

I nodded, my throat feeling dry.

"You need to stay away from your family's manor."

"Where am I supposed to go?"

"I'll work it out with Dumbledore. But you won't be safe there, your little stunt has placed you on his bad side."

"He was the one who tried to kill me." I pointed out sourly.

"If he had tried you would have been dead." He said coldly. I grimaced. True.

I felt his hands snake around my neck, cupping my face in his fingertips.

"You are so special, I need you to listen. You have to be hidden." There was a desperation in his voice.

"Take me with you." I pleaded, a sudden urgency starting up in me.

"I don't know if..." He stopped, calculating. Instead of finishing his sentence he kissed my forehead, then my nose, and then my lips. I stood shocked at his display of affection.

"I will figure everything out. You don't need to worry." I felt my face twist as he spoke. There was something he obviously wasn't telling me but there was nothing I could do about it at the time. Instead I nodded.

"For now though, I am glad you are safe." He pulled me against his chest, and I, admittedly feeling like a rag doll, accepted, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I was scared." I admitted, breaking the silence that fell over us.

"I know."

"How did you feel it?" I asked, "The bracelet thing?" I was curious, to say the least, as how he would have known that would have happened. Both my wrists were covered by my shirt and there was no way he would have seen them exposed. Was there?

"I told you the charm was for protection. It could fend off physical attacks and minor spells. I didn't expect it to be able to..."

"To stop a killing curse." I finished. I felt him shift, perhaps he was nodding, I couldn't see his face.

"But to answer your question, when you enchant an item a tiny part of your soul is stored in it. Not deeply enough to damage your actual soul, not as bad as a Horcrux—"

"A what?"
"— But enough that your energy remains in whatever was enchanted. When its destroyed it feels like a stab to the side. Well in this case my chest." He spoke as if he was reading something problematic from a book.

"Why?" I asked, though expecting the answer, I wanted to hear him say it.

He pulled away from me, hands placed on my shoulders.

"You need to get some rest." He said, though it sounded more like an order.

"I feel fine." I lied, suppressing a yawn.

"We will finish this tomorrow."

"Can I stay with you?" I asked, looking up with him with my best puppy eyes. He seemed to be thinking.

"Yes." He permitted, I stood dumbfounded that it had worked at all on him.

A smile broke out over my face.

We were able to sneak through the hallways unnoticed. Rather more people than not were still wrapped up in the ending celebration of the tournament, plus Severus had a reputation that kept people from looking to long. So I was able to sneak by under his shadow.

Our common room was empty much to my pleasure and he sent me off to go grab whatever I needed for the night.

It took me about ten minutes to pack pajamas and a change of clothes for tomorrow, toiletries and to quickly shave my legs. Something I had neglected the past few days.

I nearly sprinted to his room, knocking rapidly on the wooden door. It opened slowly, though he didn't appear to be on the other side. I walked in and shut the door behind me dropping my bag on the floor. He stood in the middle of the room, looking oddly out of place, I wondered if he regretted agreeing to it.

"Hi." I breathed.

"You have to sleep." he looked down his nose at me.

"I will."

"Promise?"

I nodded. He looked at my clothes, which remained the tattered remains of my brother's clothes.

"I do hope you brought a change of clothes." He said, remarking the dried mud and dirt that caked most of my backside. I kicked myself for not just changing in my room.

I decided to push it.

"Nope I forgot." I lied, stepping away from my bag that sat on the floor.

He sighed and flicked his wand causing drawer to open in his dresser and a long white shirt fly almost directly into my face.

"What about you?" I asked, huffing indignantly peeling the shirt from the front of me.

"It is of no matter. You can change in the bathroom." He pointed at the door by his side.

"I know I can." I smirked, setting the shirt back on the dresser. "Am I permitted to take a shower? Sir?" I asked, teasing him. He looked over my appearance and noted that most of me was still dirty from the tournament.

"You may." He looked cautiously at me, as if I was about to hex him.

"Will you help me?" I asked innocently, though breaking into a large smile as he took a deep breath.

"Are you planning on making me regret my invitation?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes snatching the shirt back from the dresser and marching into his bathroom. Turning on the water as I peeled the dusty clothes from my body and tossed them into the corner.

"Prude." I muttered under my breath.

"I can hear you." He called from the other side of the door. I felt my face flush as I climbed into his shower.

I readjusted the towel around my body, keeping it tucked down with my arm. My hair was still wet and dripping down my back. I knew I was just stalling at this point, so I sucked in a large breath and stepped out into the main part of his room.

"About time," He commented from behind a book. He was already tucked into his bed.

"Sorry." I suddenly was the one feeling out of place. He peaked out from the side of his book.

"Forget something?" He questioned, eyebrow raised.

"Did I?" I asked looking down at my frame. I stepped around to the side of the bed he was already inhabiting. He set his book down after dog-earing one of the pages.

"Yes?"

Instead of speaking I let the towel drop from my grasps, arms now hanging limply at my sides. His eyes flickered but came back to my eyes, looking at me curiously as if trying to solve a problem.

"Make room." I ordered, feeling the familiar draft of the dungeons brushing against my skin.

"There is plenty of room on the other side." He commented, quirking his eyebrow. Was he really going to make me stand here freezing. I pouted and climbed onto the bed, making sure to crawl over him.

"Is there a reason my shirt was unsatisfactory?" He asked once I was settled into the sheets.

"You're not wearing one." I commented.

"I am not naked." He commented, something other than irritation in his tone.

"Do you mind?" I asked resting my damp head against his shoulder.

"No." He said, blowing out the candle that had been set by his bed.

"Severus?" I asked, the faint smell of smoke filling my nose.

"You promised to sleep."

"Can we try something?" I asked bravely, despite my voice shaking. I felt shoulder move and I lifted my head, allowing him to put his arm around my back, drawing circles into my skin. I replaced my head on his chest.

"What is it?"

Instead of replying I propped myself up on my elbows and stared at his face in the dark.

"Well?" I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was looking straight up at the ceiling. I leaned forward and kissed him, longer than a peck this time. Grabbing his face when he attempted to pull back.

"Allyson." He warned, finally releasing himself from my grasp.

"I almost died." I pointed out. "I should be allowed to kiss my boyfriend." pouting slightly.

"Boyfriend." He repeated, as though he was disgusted by the word.

"Is that not what you are?" I asked confused, panic starting to set in as I questioned whether or not I had misunderstood this whole relationship.

He kissed me in response. "Yes."

"Did you mean what you said weeks ago?" I asked, recalling the night he had tried to wipe from my memory.

"I mean everything I say." he spoke, but softened his voice and added "What did I say in particular."

"That you wouldn't have..." I struggled with the word, looking for some other word that didn't sound so...cold. "That you wouldn't sleep with me." I said quickly, regretting it the moment I spoke.

He said nothing for a moment, his hand freezing on my back.

"You don't have to answer that. Just forget it." I said, flopping down onto my stomach and burying my face in the warmth of his chest.

"Allyson." His voice sounded pained. I didn't want to hear it, any of his excuses. And in fear I had ruined the night I remained silent.

"I know you are awake." He growled into my ear, sending chills down my spine, I felt myself smile, knowing he would be able to feel it against his chest.

"What?" I mumbled, my best sleep voice slipping out of my throat.

"Is that an attitude?"

"I always have an attitude." I pointed out, using his own words. Without realizing what had happened I felt myself suddenly on my back, hot breath on my face.

"I don't tolerate attitudes, especially not in my own room." he growled into my ear, I felt the slight of his teeth graze my ear and shuddered.

"I'm the exception." I boldly stated, giggling slightly as his long hair tickled my neck.

He brought his teeth to my neck. "Indeed."

I hooked my thumbs into his pajama bottoms tugging them down slightly. He stopped quickly, pulling back. I wondered if I had done something wrong but before I could ask his lips crashed down on to mine.

Needless to say we didn't sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

996K 26.4K 100
"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩. 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙩𝙤𝙤."
62.3K 2K 19
"How can you be proud of who you are with a father like yours?" "It's easy. Just don't give up hope that he truly is what you expected him to be." •...
34.5K 969 25
Starting school at Hogwarts you, Hermione, Ron, and Harry stumble upon something's that point to a certain potions professor being up to no good. Fee...
199K 3.3K 34
Sometimes, all you need is for someone to see the best in you.