Needed Me » Alec Lightwood [e...

By -lukeskywalker

" didn't they tell you that I was a savage? " [ShadowHunters; Season one] © Copyright All Rights Re... More

|Extended Summary|
1| Pretty Boy
2| Put Some Clothes On
3| Lunar
4| Raphael Sexyago
5| Ceremonies and Mouths
6| Izaia
Moo Shu To Go pt1
Moo Shu To Go pt2
10| Of Men and Angels
11| Empty
12| Remember to forget
13| New Beginnings
14| walk away

7| All you need is a little Wayland

7.6K 229 81
By -lukeskywalker

Jace dragged Maia into the weapons room, claiming it would be better to talk with some privacy. Maia agreed.

"Where to begin?" Jace asked himself, placing a hand on his chin for effect. Maia laughed and jumped up on the wooden table to sit.

"How about just giving me some advice?" Maia offered making Jace glare at her.

He cleared his throat "As I was saying; Alexander Lightwood is a very complex being."

"Jace," Maia rolled her eyes, "Skip the posh talk and stop stalling."

"Okay, okay." Jace nodded. "Half of us don't know what's happening with Alec half the time and I know him like the back of my hand."

"It's not just Alec, Jace." Maia admitted.

Jace crossed his arms over his chest "How about you tell me what this is about?"

"Alec and I were talking the other night, you know after the whole 'Alec stop! I'm not in your shadow.' business.."

"Carry on." Jace nodded.

Maia looked at her feet and spoke in one very fast mumble "Alec kissed me."

Jace's jaw fell open revealing his white teeth, but also his shock. "Hold on. Alec kissed you?"

"Yeah, yeah he did. And then I ran away." Maia breathed realizing how much of a mistake she made.

Running away from Alec was by far the worst thing Maia could've done at that moment. And she finally regretted it.

"Why did you run away?" Jace's eyes widened.

Maia hopped off of the table and hung her head in shame. She really didn't want to have to explain, it made her sound weak. Weak and stupid.

"I-uh.. I really like him Jace. This is more than anything I've ever felt with Simon."

Jace smiled slightly "Once a ShadowHunter falls in love, it's for life."

"That's funny, same thing for wolves." Maia chuckled before realizing what the Wayland had accused her of, "I haven't fallen in love with Alec."

"Then why do you feel the way you do when he's around?" Jace questioned, pulling his eyebrows together waiting for an excuse.

"I don't know. I just, I'm scared. What if he breaks my heart?" Maia locked eyes with Jace.

He shrugged "I don't know much about love, but I do know you have to be willing to give up your heart and hand it over. If they brake it, then it doesn't matter, you build a new one with the surviving pieces."

"But I've only just built myself back up again, for what? To hand it over to Alec, just like that?" Maia snapped her fingers.

Jace sighed placing his hands on her shoulders, "There aren't many people like Alec in the world."

"Thank you, Jace." Maia smiled, wrapping her hands around his waist.

"Its okay, all you needed was a little Wayland, sunshine." Jace laughed against the Garroway.

»»»

After the ceremony, Maia changed out of her dress and put on a pair of black shorts with a black tank.

She ran to Alec's room and bolted in without any care. "Alec."

Alec turned around looking at Maia with a 'why the fuck are you in my room?' look. "What do you want?"

"To talk." Maia stated breathing out, from her lack of breath due to running through the Institute.

"Actually I'm busy." Alec walked past her, shoving her shoulder lightly with his. Maia's face dropped and she ran after him.

"Alec stop." Maia called but he kept walking in his angry stride. Maia clicked the bones in her fingers before pinning Alec to the wall. "Alec, what's your problem?"

"My problem?" Alec laughed coldly. "You run away after I kiss you, completely ignore me for two days and now you're saying I'm the one with the problem?"

"Alec, look I'm sorry. I needed to figure stuff out." Maia looked at him sympathetically.

"I take it now that you're back it means you've sorted everything out?" Maia nodded, Alec pushed her off with a slight force. "Well good, now it's my turn."

Jace was right. Maia sunk down the wall, crumpling into a little ball on the floor. It's Alec, the one she desperately needs is the one she pushed away.

A single tear slipped down her cheek, her throat felt scratchy and dry. She'd hurt Alec. And now he was doing the same.

"Maia, baby don't cry." Izzy ran towards the girl. Maia wiped her tear, laughing as she wondered how the hell Izzy ran in six inch heels.

"I'm alright, Iz." Maia forced a smile as Izzy sat down next to her. Izzy slung her arm over Maia's shoulders and pulled her in.

"Maia, I'm your parabatai now. We have a bond, so there's no point lying. I can feel it." Izzy stroked the girls hair soothingly, "M it's okay to be upset."

"But it's pathetic." Maia whispered, "I feel pathetic."

"It's Alec."

"How do you-"

"I saw what just happened, I didn't hear but I know you and Alec well enough to know that wasn't something pleasant." Izzy sighed into Maia's glossy hair.

"How about we focus on missions? Then I won't think about your sexy brother at all." Maia shrugged, bouncing off the floor and pulling Izzy up with her.

Izzy laughed "That is not a good idea, but since we do have to go on a mission right now... I'll let it slide."

Maia winked at Izzy, suppressing her emotions and ran down the hall.

»»»

After mission briefing, Izzy drooling over a necklace and meeting Magnus Bane, Maia was definitely not thinking about Alec.

The group had met Magnus at a club and their location was compromised by circle members, causing Magnus to run away through a portal taking Maia with him.

She sat with Warlocks, discussing magic and runes until the group showed up and Magnus gave Izzy the necklace she drooled over more than Meliorn.

He decided to move his lair, making Maia hold onto Izzy due to the room shaking.

"Maia, Clary has to go draw some hexagram thing on the floor. It's the only way she can summon the memory demon." Izzy explained briefly.

Maia nodded "I'm glad you guys found me."

"I wouldn't let my parabatai be kidnapped by a sparkly warlock." Izzy laughed, Maia chuckling lightly with her.

"Where's Alec?"

Alec walked out from the other room and glanced at Maia "It's ready."

Both girls nodded and followed behind the tall Lightwood. The group were instructed to stand on each corner of the hexagram. They held hands, waiting for Magnus' instructions.

"The demon requires payment." Magnus called out to the five ShadowHunters.

"What kind of payment?" Maia asked, the group nodding with her.

"We won't know until he gets here." Was all Magnus said before he chanted words in a foreign demonic language. Suddenly a gust of wind swept through the room. "Valak is upon us!"

"What does he want?" Clary called out.

Magnus looked her in the eye "We must each relinquish a memory of our most loved one."

Then it started, Izzy's body shook as an image of Alec was swept away in the wind. Clary's image was predictably her mother. Then it came round to Maia who's body felt the life suck out of her as Luke came to focus in front of everybody.

Alec readjusted his grip on Maia's hand quickly before an image of Jace and Maia laughing with each other was forming in front of everyone.

Alec started to let go and everybody panicked. "The demon deceived me!"

"No, don't let go!" Magnus cried out.

"Alec, it's okay!" Izzy shouted to him but he didn't listen, all of a sudden he had an impulse to let go. His hands pulled out of Jace and Maia's grip.

Magnus looked around the room frantically "I can't contain it for much longer!"

Maia watched as the demon went to grab Alec, she ran on impulse and shoved him out the way. The demon grabbed her instead and she started suffocating. The demon squeezed the life out of her, the wind too much of a force to breathe in any air.

Izzy managed to reach up and grab a hold of Maia before she was fully taken by the greater demon, "Clary, help us!"

Alec, Isabelle and Jace were all trying to stop the demon from taking Maia, but it was a greater demon with a lot of strength.

"Clary, if you do this.. your memories will be gone forever." Magnus held her shoulder.

Clary shrugged his hand off, pulled out her Seraph blade and then plunged the sword right into the greater demon. The wind stopped and the three ShadowHunters, dropped to the floor. They all looked over to see Maia laying lifeless on the ground. Alec and Jace ran to her sides in an instant whereas Izzy was in too much shock to even fathom the thought of moving.

"Is she going to be alright?" Clary asked frantically worried like everyone else about the well-being of Maia.

Magnus shrugged checking over his nails "I don't know, does she usually lye like that?"

"Maia." Jace shook her side lightly, "Maia come on, wake up. Please Maia."

Maia breathed very slowly making Alec relax a bit, Jace shook Maia harder this time resulting in her opening her eyes.

Confusion laced her expression "What happened?"

"It was my fault." Alec grunted, "Sorry."

Maia grabbed his hand "I'm just glad it wasn't you."

Clary ran over to help Maia sit up, "I killed it."

"But your memories-"

"I'd choose you over the past any day." Clary smiled, Maia hugged the ginger before turning to Isabelle.

"Izzy." Maia grinned opening her arms so that Izzy could run into them.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again." Izzy squeezed her.

Jace grabbed Maia from Izzy and pulled her into his own hug "I'm glad you're okay."

"Me too, Wayland. Me too."

"You two are such beautiful siblings." Magnus smiled. Izzy looked at Alec who shrugged back at her.

"Thanks?" Izzy replied unsurely.

Magnus shook his head with a laugh, "Not you Lightwood siblings, I meant the two Wayland's."

"But Jace and I aren't related. My parents are dead." Maia swallowed the bitterness that rised in her throat any time she spoke of her birth parents.

"Didn't Lucian ever tell you that you had a brother?" Magnus cocked his hand in the air, "You and Jace were twins at birth but Lucian adopted you because your mother died."

"That doesn't make sense." Jace glared at Magnus, "My father would have cared for Maia."

Alec awkwardly shuffled his feet looking at Izzy who had a shocked expression much like Maia and Jace.

"Your father only knew of one child, that's the only way your mother could protect both of you from the circle, if she hid one of you." Magnus shrugged snapping his fingers to find a Martini in his hands.

Maia fell back on to Jace with heavy breaths. "You're my brother."

____

I have been planning that plot twist forever. It feels good to let it out, kinda like a fart lool I'm sorry kill me now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 4.4K 57
he was my escape from all the insanity that surrounded me; things I thought were only legends.
371K 12.6K 59
In which, Isabelle Lightwood has feelings for her childhood friend who has a lot of secrets. Or In which, one of the most powerful shadowhunters ever...
1.5M 35.9K 30
"I saw a girl with eyes like fire. I had to look away. She was swearing like a sailor. And demanding her own way. " [Alec Lightwood]
85.7K 2K 14
❛ i'm gonna buy this place and start a fire, stand here until i fill all your heart's desires. ❜ [isabelle lightwood x female oc] [shadowhunters] [se...