3| Lunar

Maia Garroway wasn't scared of much, an occasional demon might spook her out but nothing scared her as much as; falling in love.

Love wasn't an easy concept to grasp. The only love she ever showed was to family and friends. Getting mixed up in the DownWorlders world meant no time for mundane interactions. 

The only time she'd fully admitted she'd fallen, was when she met Simon Lewis. 

Although it wasn't obvious to Simon, Clary knew. Much like Maia knew about the unrequited love Simon had for Clary.

Clary had woken up a few hours ago and Simon found her. He never left Clary's side, much to Maia's discontent. She thought Alec would be able to distract her, but Maia was stuck on a boat that was sinking - miserably. 

"Simon, hey." Maia mustered up enough courage to speak to the mundane, Izzy left them alone in her bedroom while she went to get food. 

"Maia." Simon smiled and pulled her into a hug. "I was worried about you, as well."

Maia nodded her head sourly 'Sure you were.

"Simon, you weren't worried about me. You were worried about Clary." Maia breathed with her eyes shut. She needed closure, something to reassure her what was really happening.

"No Maia, I love you." He pressed a warm hand to her cheek and lightly kissed her,  she pulled back and shook her head. The tears she tried to suppress were running freely down her cheek. 

"No, no you don't. It's always been her Si. Always. I'm so stupid for not realizing until now." Maia met his gaze and continued. "I love you Simon, I have since the first time I saw you. But you've loved Clary all this time."

"You're my girlfriend. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

"It means I was your distraction. I helped you forget Clary for a little while, but you can't escape forever Simon. Do you want to hear something funny?

"I forgot that we were dating. I just thought we were friends like before. Everyone can see how much you love Clary, but I was foolish enough to follow you like a lost puppy. It's never just been us in this relationship, Simon. It's always going to be Clary and Simon."

"Are you breaking up with me because you're jealous of Clary?" Simon laughed thinking Maia was overreacting.

"I'm breaking up with you because you aren't in love with me, Simon. It' either me or her." Maia knew the answer already, but she needed to prove her point.

"Maia, I - uh..." Simon readjusted his glasses looking down at his feet guilty.

The ShadowHunter simply nodded "Don't bother. I already know the answer."

Maia ran out of the room, bursting into tears. She ran down a corridor and then stopped by a glass window. Her back slid down it and she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Maia?" A male voice sighed.

She looked up at Jace who was crouching beside her. "Sorry."

"Don't apoligize. Come here." He offered a smile and opened his arms out. She gladly fell into them, crying into his shirt. "Did you want to talk about it?"

"Can I give you some advice?" Maia looked up at Jace without pulling away from him.

He chuckled lightly "You're the upset one yet you want to give me advice? Go for it."

"Don't fall in love. It's the only thing strong enough to brake you and nobody wants broken things."

"Maia," Jace sighed. Knowing Maia's heart hurt made his hurt too, he felt a connection to this girl like they were related. "Not all people you fall for are bad. I'm pretty sure there's a 'Pretty Boy' in this Institute that would take care of you."

"Are you saying I should be with Alec?" Maia laughed at the boy. 

Jace shrugged with a smirk plastered to his face "Alec's a good guy."

"I think I'm just going to focus on ShadowHunting for now. Become a good soldier, like you." Maia nodded. 

Jace grinned "I knew I would like you."

Maia flipped her hair just as her eyes flashed golden, the same exact colour of Jace's eyes. "Everybody loves me, get used to it."

Somehow during all the madness of today's events, the gang ended up at the City Of Bones. Maia loved the Silent Brothers, she thought they were awesome. But only Clary and Jace could go in, so she had to mind the perimeter with Alec.

"Hey Al, I haven't seen much of you today." Maia smiled up at him.

He walked further into the darkness "I've been a little busy."

"I get you." Maia nodded in agreement.

"There's nothing here, come on let's go back." Alec grabbed Maia's hand and pulled her back to Simon's van. 

"Is cracking someones mind supposed to take this long?" Simon questioned the three ShadowHunters.

"Jace has it covered." Alec glared at the mundane standing by his sister, he had heard from Jace that he hurt Maia today. Alec didn't like the mundane at all.

"But what if she can't handle it?" Simon continued to ramble making everyone but Izzy roll their eyes. 

"It literally never stops talking." Alec snapped with an irritated look on his beautiful face. His commented made Maia giggle a little too much.

"Is he always so charming?" Simon snorted to Izzy. 

Izzy smirked shaking her head "First born. Heavy is the head that wears the crown."

Maia and Alec tuned out after Simon started speaking again. 

"Alec?" Maia looked down at her feet. 

Alec looked down at Maia "What is it?"

"Can I ask you to do something for me?" Maia hesitated waiting for his reply. 

"Tell me what it is first." 

"I need to find Luke, he's my dad Alec. I feel like somethings wrong." Maia frowned finally looking up at the Lightwood boy.

"You want to look for him? Just you and me?" He asked stepping closer to her when she nodded. "Is there any reason why you want me to come?" 

"I trust you. Plus team Alia all the way." Maia smiled. 

"Did you just give us a shipname?" He shook his head with a laugh. 

"Got a problem Gideon?" Maia smirked at his shocked expression.

"How did you-?"

"Know your middle name?" Alec nodded. "Blame Izzy and Jace."

"Do you have one?" Alec asked.

"Lunar. Silly werewolf jokes."

Alec laughed "Maia Lunar Graymark." 

"Isn't that Luke's ShadowHunter last name?" Maia questioned.

"It's yours too, if he adopted you. Anyway it suits you, a pretty name for a beautiful girl." He smiled down at her.

Maia looked up and grinned broadly "Alec!" She kissed his cheek and he smiled happy with himself.

Needed Me » Alec Lightwood [editing]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara