1| Pretty Boy

"Come on Maia, I thought you'd at least come for me." Simon pleaded through the phone to his longtime girlfriend.

Maia rolled her eyes adjusting the cool cellphone held to her ear, "Simon, tell me why I need to attend carrot girls birthday again?"

"You know her name is Clary..." Simon trailed off, "And she wants you to come."

"Are you going to stop begging me to come?" Maia asked, already bored by his inability to stop bugging her.

"No." He deadpanned.

Maia groaned, "Fuck it then, I'll go. But if she annoys me tonight I won't hesitate to stab her with my seraph blade."

"Your what blade?" Simon stuttered through the phone.

Maia cursed inwardly and tried to style it out by rushing.

"Nothing. See you there, bye." Maia hurried and hung up the phone.

"Really, Maia?" Luke proceeded into the kitchen where Maia had just put her phone down on the island.

Maia scoffed with a playful grin tugging at the corners of her mouth, "I should've known you were listening, wolfie."

"Hey," Luke held his hands up in defence, "I prefer parental monitoring."

Maia giggled, pushing Luke gently "Well, make the most of it. Clary's  growing up tonight and that means no more children for you."

"Speaking of Clary, you are going out with her tonight, right?" Luke eyed the young girl who was fiddling with her raven hair.

She nodded reluctantly. "Only for Simon."

Luke sighed, "I guess you're right, Clary really is growing up. Jocelyn has finally decided to tell her."

"Wow, that's pretty big." Maia took a deep breath, annoyingly imagining how many questions Clary would have. "Are you going somewhere?"

Maia snapped out of her day dream in time to see Luke's retreating figure.

"It's Clary's birthday, I have to go give her our present." Luke stated, turning to open the door.

"Then you might not want to forget the actual present." Maia deadpanned and chucked the box of spray paints at Luke.

The box annoyingly landed in his hands making Maia pout. "I'm just a natural."

"Yeah, yeah." Maia drew a lopsided smile. "Off you go, Wolfie."

"Love you, baby." Luke blew me a kiss.

I made an action as though I was grabbing it and smiled, "Love you too."

-----