6| Izaia

Maia took a deep breath as she slowly walked into the Jade Wolf. It was night, which made Maia cautious about the place.

Of course seeing the pack would be great, but seeing Luke is what Maia intended on coming here in the first place. Straight after running away from Alec.

Maia didn't expect herself to run after a boy like Alec kissed her but somewhere buried deep down she was afraid, afraid that he'd break her heart.

Maia opened the door to be met with a pair of blue eyes. She jumped back and a hand was placed over her mouth to prevent her from screaming.

"Maia?" A familiar voice called out that she knew too well to not know it was Luke. All the lights turned on instantly and Maia found herself running for the second time in a day, this time straight into Luke's arms.

"I've missed you so much." Maia breathed in his scent, squeezing his torso.

Luke pulled back to look her over "You aren't hurt are you?"

"No." Maia shook her head, "I've been staying at the Institute. I bagged myself a parabatai."

"Wow, that's a big deal." Luke smiled at his daughter.

Maia shrugged lightly "Izzy's one of the best people I know. Did you ever have a parabatai? You know before the whole wolfy thing."

"Yeah, he locked me in a barn full of werewolves because I was in love with his girlfriend." Luke looked down at his feet morbidly.

"Do you still know her?" Maia asked hoping Luke had kept his happiness.

Luke nodded "I love her a little more every day. Maia, the circle is looking for me."

"Are they going to kill you?"

"They've been hunting ex-members down, all that were captured, are dead." Luke nodded reluctantly, "Which is why I need you to go back to the Institute, somewhere safe."

"Promise me you'll be okay." Maia demanded with tears in her eyes, this may be the last time she'll get to see the only dad she's ever had.

"I will be. As long as you're safe." Luke pulled Maia back into his chest and kissed her head, "I love you, Maia."

"I love you too, Luke." She sniffled into his chest before leaving the Jade Wolf.

»»»

"Rise and shine, Graymark." Jace grinned smugly, pulling open the curtains that blocked light flooding into Maia's room.

Maia quickly pulled her covers over her face with a groan "Jace, what do you want?"

"It's your little big day today." Jace grabbed Maia's covers and threw them off her bed.

Maia sat up and rubbed her eyes "Little big day?"

"Well," Jace smiled sitting down at the end of her bed "Your big day will be when you and Alec get married."

A flood of last night came back to Maia and she suppressed the memory of Alec kissing her, "Can we not talk about Alec?"

Jace nodded, not bothering to ask about something that wasn't his business "How are you?"

"I'm alright, what about you?" Maia smiled showing no teeth.

Jace smiled back "I'm great and I've got a present for you."

"Jace you didn't ha-"

"Shush, I already did." Jace opened her bedroom door then pulled out a clothing bag from behind it. He unzipped it to reveal a long red dress.