A Broken Heart...Healed?

By PhoenixHummingBird

Your name is Melody. You live in the state of New Jersey where 2 months ago your parents died in a car acc... More

Breakable Glass
Hostage/Hero
The Meet
That Night
See You Again
Midnight Convo
Park Date
A Day in His Life
Movie Night
Bestie
Annoucment
Characters
Surprise Pt. 1
Surprise Pt. 2
Surprise Pt. 3
Painful Truth
Netflix & Squad
Sick Day
Threat
Goodbye
Lone Wolf
First Change
Training
Celebrate
Ohio
Social Media
I'm Back Pt. 1
I'm Back Pt. 2
Not an Update!
READ
The Returned
The Morning After
Movies & Confessions
The War Pt. 1
The War Pt. 2
The War Pt. 3
The Snow Falls
IMPORTANT!!! ;)

The Clues

252 6 8
By PhoenixHummingBird

*4 Days Later*

I haven't seen Daniel in a LONG time. Ok it's been 4 days but still😫 Ew! Melody why are u sound so fucking desperate. I mean u guys texted and u texted the other guys too, mostly the girls....& besides u are meeting him today at his house at 4:00 to find out more about my parents so, let's just focus on THAT, ok?
"Ok.", I said in a whisper.
"Ok to what? R u ok?", Erika asked looking up from her phone.
"Yeah, I'm just thinking about what me & Daniel are going to do later.", I said looking down at my phone again. I still didn't tell her that we're gonna investigate about my parents.
"Oh😒, that weirdo🙄. U still like him?"
"Like him? As a friend? Yeah sure.", I said trying to convince myself that I don't have feelings for him.
"As a friend? Really? Why the fuck r u trying to convince other people that u don't like him?"
"What? Whatever do u mean?"
"Mel, I'm ur best friend. And as ur bestie I know who u like and don't like. So u don't gotta lie to me."
"What? It's not like I'm the only one trying to convince other people about my emotions...😏", I said looking other to her.
"W-What do U mean?", she asks nervously.
"U know what I mean. "Oh Devin...u r so fucking sexy. Can I please be my baby-daddy", I said trying to impersonate Erika in a girlish voice.
Suddenly I felt a pillow being thrown at me.
"I don't like that goofball! He's weird, ugly, stupid....a-and...a-and", she says trying to find more lies to cover up the fact that she don't like him.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever.", I said looking back down on my phone.

"Oh my gosh...Melody! Look at what I found.", Erika says impressed at what she found. I got up from my bed & headed over to the chair near my desk.
"I was searching up, "The Bomb Digz" on YouTube and found their channel & their last music video that they posted. It's a remix of "Controlla", by Drake & I-I can't😂😂😂....", Erika said cracking up & showing me the video.
I couldn't believe my eyes.

^^^
Note: Yes Digaz, I know that in this story it's the middle of March 2016, & that the Controlla video didn't come out till April or May of 2016 but let's just say it did.

***********************************

Erika just kept laughing. And at some point in the video me 2.😹😹😹
"Why does Kevin look so white?", Erika said laughing. I nudged her arm while trying to catch my breath. I was dying when Lexi told Daniel off in the end.😹😹Especially since the effects made her sound like she was in Alvin & the chipmunks.😹😹😹

Erika & I went like this for about 5 more minutes. We discussed about many different topics. Mostly about Devin & if she hates him so much then why she texting him a few times a week now🤔🤔😏😏😝😝😝We even took a selfie in da mirror like this
⬇️

>>>Not us but same outfits<<<

She wore a black crop top & white pants & Adidas while I wore all black.
After 2 hours at my house, we said our goodbyes✌🏼✌🏿, & I started heading upstairs to change & meet Daniel.
I wore a forest green leather jacket with black leggings, black tank top that stuck to my body and sleeves that went up to my elbow, & white All•Star converses. I took off my glasses & put on a pair of California shades & took a pic.

I put my glasses back on, turned off all the lights, locked the for & started walking to Daniel's place. It was 3:53 when I got to house & I started shaking. Melody just ring the dang door bell, it's not rocket-science.
My finger slowly came closer and closer to the button...

(Ding Dong)

"I'll be right there!", I heard a voice said from inside. The door opens & I see Mariah in her wheelchair.
"Hey! I didn't know u were coming over?", Mariah said inviting me inside the house.
"Well, Daniel & I had plans to meet at his house so, yeah...here I am!", I said hugging her.
"Oh! Plans, huh? Never knew my brother wa-"
(Throat Clearing)
Mariah was saying until we heard a throat clearing from up the stairs. It was Daniel's throat.
"Hey! You're here, great! I want u to come meet my parents.", Daniel said grabbing a hold of my hands & leading me towards the kitchen. His parents? Oh great, just my luck, I'm meeting his parents. I was not expecting this. I gave a worried look back at Mariah as Daniel drags me off.😰She gives me a thumbs up👍🏼telling me everything is going to be ok.
We walk into a kitchen where I see a baby sitting down eating some yogurt, a woman, which I'm guessing is Mrs.Veda, watching her son trying to eat yogurt, a man, which is probably Mr. Veda, & a young boy talking to each other.
"Mom, Dad, this is Melody. A new friend I met a couple of days ago.", Daniel says capturing the attention of his parents & family. I wouldn't say met, more like...saved.
"Hi, I'm Melody. Nice to meet u.", I say trying not to look as nervous as I feel.
"Oh! Hello, I'm so glad to finally meet u. Daniel has been mentioning about a new friend he's made but I never thought it'd be a girl as pretty as u.😄😄😊", Mrs. Veda says standing up & shaking my hand.
"Nice to finally meet u too, Mrs. Veda.", I said giving her a warmly smile.
"Oh please, call me Nicole.", she responds.
"Hello Melody. Good to have ya here.", Mr. Veda said standing up from his seat & giving me a hand shake.
"Thx.", I responded.
"Hello, I'm Jaiden. Daniel's brother.", Jaiden says standing up awkward.
"Hello. I've heard so much about u from Daniel. Glad to finally meet u in person.", I said.
"And this is my baby brother Skylar.", Daniel says picking up his baby brother into the air.👶🏼
"Aww, he's so adorable.☺️", I say blushing at the fluff of cuteness in front of me.
"Wanna hold him?", Daniel asks.
"R-Really? You wouldn't mind?", I said kinda surprised that he asked if I wanted to carry his baby brother.
"No, it's ok."
"Well, uh, sure!", I said grabbing the ball of chubbiness into my arms.

*Daniel's POV*

Melody grabs Skylar from me & smiles at him making him laugh. I couldn't believe my eyes, she was being so gentle. Even the way she was holding him made me smile. She started making funny faces causing not only Skylar to laugh, but my entire family.

After awhile, she handed Skylar over to Mariah.
"Well, Mom, Dad, I'm gonna show Melody the rest of the house & then head to the backyard to show her nature, k?", I said while signaling Melody to come & follow me.
"Oh sure, that's alright, just come & say bye before u leave Melody.", Mom says to her smiling.😄😄😄
"Sure I will.", she responds.

*Melody's POV*

Daniel shows me around the house & then finally we got to his room.
"Clean much?", I ask looking at the unmade bed & shoes scattered all over the floor.
"I planned to. But um, apparently the boogie-man has other plans.", he says jokingly.
"Sure, blame it on the boogie-man.😏", I say slowly.
"Well, let's not stare at this mess anymore & go to the backyard.", he says leaving the room.
"Yeah, why do u wanna take me to the backyard anyway?🤔🤔", I asked really confused about how in the world does the backyard have to do with the point of coming here...my parents.
"Well, u said u wanted to know more about your parents accident, didn't u?"
"Well, yeah but I don't see how the grass in your backyard is going to help me."
"Well, not so much the grass but the creepy looking house on it.", he says opening a door that brought in rays of sunshine.☀️☀️🌞🌞🌞
It took me a second, but I figured out what he meant by it. That pervert? Why would I want to look at that motherfucker's old broken down house again?👿👿👿
"Um...u do remember I was almost raped in that house. Why would I want to look at his house? Most importantly what does this have to do with my parents?", I asked.
"First, we're not going to LOOK at it, we're going IN it.", he clarifies.
"What?! Why?! N-No! That house makes me feel SERIOUSLY uncomfortable......"
"Look, I don't want to go in it either, trust me, I don't wanna remember what that motherfucker did to u.....", he starts off while looking at the ground.😔👿👿 Wow! I never heard him curse aloud before.....
"But, I remembered what u said that night in the garage. How he said that u have the power within u? U ran off & I now realized that it means something to u.", he says looking at me in the eyes.
(Silence)
"You're right.......it does mean something to me😔😔......."
"I won't ask because I know u feel uncomfortable talking about it but, does it have something to do with your parents?"
"Yes........."
"Alright then, he left everything behind so, maybe you'll find something that'll be connected to ur parents.", he says taking my hand & helping cross the broken fence separating the two houses. There's a little woods behind these houses. It's not creepy or dangerous, I mean the state even made a little trail in it so people can run or jog through it.
We went through the window that Daniel went through that night. He went in first, then, helped me go through. When we entered that little cramped up basement, I felt a cold chill go down my spine. Welcome back to casa-del-rape-o, where all your sexual dreams become a nightmare. It was dark with only the sun as light. Daniel started going through the place. Seeing if there could be anything here.
"Useless, useless, useless! This is all just junk....", Daniel said throwing clothes on the floor. He then went into the bathroom. Leaving me behind looking dead at the closet.
Suddenly a painful bang echoed through my head. I grabbed it hard, trying not to scream. Ugh! Not now please...not now...
Pictures started flowing through my head.

I see my parents arguing. Then, driving away....I see me hiding behind a big oak tree. I hear......howling...coming from behind me.....I look up & see the full moon.....then everything's becomes black...I hear car doors slamming...tires screeching off....and...what sounded like something...something big....hitting an....animal?........

(Flashback Ends)

I breathe in heavily, trying to catch my breath. What was that?
This has been going on since I can remember. Ever since I was little I kept having dreams about different types of things. Visions that were weird from every type of level. On my 10th birthday these dreams became a reality. Once in a while I get these flashbacks, visions, etc., things that haven't happened yet or has. My parents never knew about these dreams or headaches. Neither my sis or bro. And I certainly don't want Daniel to know. He'll think I'm a freak.
I decided to go check up on Daniel to see what was taking him so long.
When I enter the bathroom I was shocked at what I found...a beautiful glass designed, surprisingly clean bathroom.😱😱And...Daniel taking a selfie in the mirror.
"What the heck are u doing?", I said folding my arms.
(Shocked) (Jumps)
"Jesus Christ (Little Boy Voice), don't sneak up on a dude, I could've gone all karate mode on u...", Daniel says while calming down realizing it was me.
"How did I sneak up on u if you're in front of a mirror?" "And u didn't answer my question."
"W-Well I was...maybe....trying to see if the mirror was cracked?", he said shrugging his shoulders. I gave him the death stare.
"Fine...I was taking a picture because I looked so dope in this shirt. I mean come on, this shirt plus the cool bathroom...that calls for a selfie right there.", he said smirking.😏
"You know what? I don't even want to know why. I just wanna get outta this house, there's nothing useful here.", I said about to turn around until I saw a shiny object glowing in bottom of the mirror.
"What is it?", Daniel said looking at the direction I was staring at. I walked up to the mirror, bended down, & took out the long piece of meta that was hanging out of the mirror. It was a necklace. It had a moon hanging from it & a beautiful galaxy design drawn on a little circle beside the moon.

"It's my mom's.....", I said in a low whisper.
"What? It is?", Daniel asks bending right besides me staring a the beautiful necklace.
"Um...yeah, my mom never took it off her neck. She told me that one day when I'm old enough she'll give it to me but.....how did this pervert get his hands on it?", I stated coming back to senses.
"Ohh, just wait till I get my hands on him...", Daniel said shaking his fists.
"She wore this on the day she......died.", I said sadly making Daniel look upon me with worried eyes.
"Don't worry...I'll help u get to this bottom of this...", Daniel says putting me in his chest as a tear rolls down my eyes. First the flashback, now this...could this man have something to do with my parent's death?
After a while we get up, go through the window, & head back to Daniel's room.
I stare out his window looking directly in the man's house. I have my head buried my knees staring at the necklace. So many questions ran through my head...Did he kill my parents? Was I there when my parents died? Was he watching me this whole time?.......Did my parents knew they were going to die?
Daniel closed his door so that no one would see me all upset. He opened a drawer & took out something & closed it again. He went up to me & handed me a bag. My bag.
"Where did u get this?", I asked lifting my head up in surprise.
"A few days after u ran outta my garage I went back to that creep's place & found your bag in a drawer. I decided to give it to u when I saw u again.", he said putting it over me.
"Thanks. I completely forgot I had this."
"No prob.", he said looking into my eyes. "What will u do with that necklace?"
"Can u put it on?", I asked turning around & moving aside my hair.
"Sure.", he says grabbing the necklace, putting it around me then, putting the chain together. I turned around looking down at the necklace.
"It looks beautiful on u.", he says smiling at me while his billion dollar smile.
"Thanks.", I said blushing.
We both took a glance at the creepy house through the window together. I signed but Daniel grabs me & pulls me into a hug.

(Gasp)

Why is he hugging me? Why is my heart beating so fast? Why does it feel good?
He pulls me away, takes my hand & leads me downstairs like nothing happened. I see Mrs. Veda relaxing on the couch with Mariah & Skylar.
"Oh! Are u leaving already?", Nicole asks.
"Ah, yes, actually. My sister & brother are expecting me home for dinner.", I reply.
"Aww, I wish u could stay.", Mariah pouts.
"Me too, but, maybe some other time.", I say kindly.
"Sure, Melody. You're welcome over our house anytime you'd like.", Nicole says standing up & giving me a hug. I hug back then, go over to hug Mariah & Shylar. I give Skylar a big hug. Daniel then walks me over to the door & walks me outside.

"Thanks for helping me find something.", I said.
"Sure, anytime. I mean I have nothing better to do. So why not go into a nigga's house & trash it.", he states.
(Laughing)
"Well, I had a good time meeting your family. It was nice to know where u get your charms."
"Oh, my charms? I never knew I had any.😏"
"Well u do. And don't take it personally but, your brother has much more charm than u do. He even attracted me.😊😊😊", I say blushing hard.
"Jaiden? You like him?", he asks almost upset.
"Nah, I like Skylar. (Chuckles) he's a real ladies attractor", I say walking away.
(Laughs)"Bye then.", he says biting his bottom lip & smiles.
"K, bye.", I said walking more into the distance stealing a glance from him, we meet eye to eye & both smirked. 😏😏

"Come here baby...", says the man putting his hands all over me.
"NOOO!!! Please! Let me goo!!!", I said starting to cry.
"You're mines. You'll give me your power.", he says putting his arm towards me so I can see it closely.

It was dark but I can see it clear as day. I try escaping but it wouldn't work, his grip on me was too strong. I bit him in his shoulder, hoping he would let me go.
(Growls)
His eyes shine bright red as he reveals fangs. He rips my clothes by force & starts forcibly kissing me. He rips off my necklace & throws it.
I start growing weak & weak. I can't breathe.....I....need....air............

(Gasp)
(Coughing)
I woke up sweating through my clothes. The moonlight was shining directly at me through the window that was near my bed. I hold my mom's necklace in my hands & take deep breaths. I remember him...he was the one who tried to rape me! Why would he be in my dreams? Why was he a monster? Why couldn't I breathe?
I looked out my window to find a shadow figure standing in front of my house like a statue. It was looking up at my window. I put on my glasses.
When I look up it was gone. I can't see far away but, that shadow was clear as day. I couldn't have just imagined it. I haven't had a dream like this since.....my 10th birthday.
After that, I've only had it during the day, not at night. Why is that? Melody u can't think about that today....u need sleep. It's tomorrow's problem now.
The only thing is.....I couldn't sleep....

To Be Continued.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 595 39
A couple years ago, my older brother and I saw something that we shouldn't have seen. Ever since then, we have been on the run from our father, const...
Bait d.v. By Hana

Fanfiction

35.6K 1.3K 24
A girl had to move and isn't too happy about it. But she learns how to cope with the move when she makes some new friends. Turns out her family line...
16.2K 1.2K 36
You never know what life will throw at you...one minute you're in the clouds and the next you're being hunted down. How did things get so complicated...
174K 3.9K 16
ᴇʟʟᴀ ᴊᴏɪɴꜱ ᴊᴏɴᴀᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀɴ ᴇᴘɪᴄ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴛᴇʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ. ꜱʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴜʟᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪꜱ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴋɪᴅꜱ! ᴍᴀʀᴋᴜꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴠɪꜱ...