The Girl and Her Cat | Miracu...

De JaylynCandy

A collection of Miraculous Ladybug one-shots. ~ Cover Art Credit [Punziella on Tumblr] ~ Enjoy! Mai multe

Quick Side Note
01| I Don't Like You Like That
02| Breathing
03| Yes, Papillon
04| Hold His Hand
05| Consequences
06| Heartbeat
07| Black Umbrella
08| Roleplay
09| Callous
10| Chat Blanc
11| Confess
12| Wake Up Next To You
13| Second Best
14| I Hate You
15| If Only
16| Through His Eyes
17| Regrets
18| All To Myself
20| Slow Down
21| No Puns, I'm Upset
22| La Pont D'amour

19| Boxed Chocolates

4.3K 207 62
De JaylynCandy

   It was valentines day. Marinette stood at the front of the steps to the school, a lime green box clutched tightly in her grasp. Her legs quivered as she faced the ground in embarrassment. She was going to do it. She was going to confess her feelings to her one and only. Even if she stumbled. Even if he didn't like her that way. She was going to tell him.

   "Marinette!" She could hear an awfully familiar voice echoing her way.

   It was Alya, running towards her with a crinkled, plastic wrapping firmly clenched in her right hand. It was filled with chocolates and confectionary and tied around the tip was a red, gyrated bow. Marinette pointed to them in surprise.

   "Who are they for?" She questioned.

   Alya blankly lifted her hand and pointed to the packet. 

   "They're for Nino." She ended her sentence with a jeering sigh. "Since he's my boyfriend, it only makes sense." 

   Alya curved the ends of her lips into a grin and chuckled quietly.

   "Speaking of boyfriends, how's it going with Adrien?" She pried, leaning forward.

   Marinette turned red as she buried her face into the surface of the small, box. She bit her bottom lip and tightened her grip, creasing the outlining cardboard. Her feet shuffled nervously as her gaze was rigid shut. Alya tittered as she displayed her gleaming teeth, placing a hand on Marinette's shoulder.

   "Girl, you'd better get in quick, you won't have a chance to talk to him with all the girls in the school with their eyes on him." She egged, giving a quick thumbs up. "I'll be cheering for you!"

   Marinette pushed the box down as she revealed her bluebell eyes. They glimmered in the sun's tepid rays as she smiled slightly.

   "Thanks, Alya." She spoke, her voice muffled from the box.

   Alya leant in and wrapped her arm around her neck, pulling her into a friendly hug and letting her go. They both walked into the school, smiles beaming on their faces. In front of them was a condescending blonde, snapped into a snobby pose and tapping rapidly on her phone. Beside her was a redhead wearing thick-brimmed glasses and stood in a weary pose. She glared as she saw the pair of them heading up the steps. Then, her spite turned to contentment as she smiled widely.

   "Adri-Honey!" She shrieked, darting down the stairs and rushing past Marinette, causing her to stumble and fall.

   Chloe began her comments of admiration as Adrien pushed the black door of the car close. He frowned as he came in eye contact with Chloe. He began to step around her when he noticed Marinette sat on the ground, wincing. He jogged over to the bluenette and offered his hand in support. Marinette was flushed as she tilted her head to find Adrien at her aid.

   "Are you alright?" He spoke with a concerned tone.

   Marinette slipped the box into her pocket as she pushed herself off of the ground, refusing his gesture. 

   "I'm fine, thanks." Her gaze was fixed on the concrete steps in front of her as she marched over to Alya, dragging her into the school building.

   Marinette exhaled in exhaustion as she leant against the solid wall of the school. She held her chest as she closed her eyes, she could feel the pounding upon her ribs as an ache swelled in her mind. Alya raised an eyebrow as she folded her tan arms.

   "Girl, what's the matter with you?" She queried, pouting her lips in dismay.

   Marinette shuffled her feet in uncertainty, fiddling with her fingers and facing the cold, tiled ground. She didn't want to meet her stern gaze.

   "I don't know, I just..." Marinette ceased her unfinished sentence as she cautiously lifted her gaze to Alya's.

   Alya stared at Marinette just a little longer with her bewildered gaze. The bell hummed raucously as the students who loitered around the front and back of the school scurried inside. Marinette attempted to distinguish the conversation and tugged at Alya's bare arm, urging her to the bright, chirpy classroom.

   Throughout the whole lesson, Marinette hadn't laid eyes on Adrien for even a second. She was too preoccupied with the swelling in her chest and the melting chocolates in her pocket. Marinette sighed as she rested her chin on the palms of her pale hands. Marinette ignored the sounds that buzzed around the classroom for the rest of the session, awaiting her chance to confess. The bell chimed once again, causing Marinette to stumble from her dazed pose. She heard chuckles and small fits of laughter as she held the back of her neck in embarrassment. She saw as Adrien retrieved his school bag from beside him and stand, beginning to leave the classroom. 

   "A-Adrien, wait!" Marinette dove her hand forward, in an attempt to clutch his, but quickly withdrew.

   Adrien whipped around to face Marinette, who stood, leaning over her own desk. She smiled a cheesy grin as her face turned red. She heard the click of a tongue as the pompous blonde, Chloe, took over the situation. She wrapped her arms around his thin neck as she intertwined her own fingers once they met behind Adrien's head. Adrien grimaced as he diverted his gaze from Chloe's.

   "Sorry, Chloe. But could you please let go of me?" He attempted to pry her arms from his neck as she leant in and nuzzled into his chest.

   Marinette glared, pouting and furrowing her brows. Her eyes were brimmed with spite and disgust as Chloe sneered at her with a menacing expression.

   "Sorry, Marinette, but I've got to go." He apologised as he pushed Chloe away with little force and left the room.

   Chloe scowled as she tensed her shoulders and pouted her bottom lip. Marinette scoffed as she held onto her mouth, easing the urge to laugh away. Chloe turned her head away as she left the classroom after Adrien. Marinette began to chuckle as she sat back down in her wooden seat. Alya snickered as she hovered her hand over her mouth. 

   "Oh, but, Marinette? Wasn't that your chance? To give him the chocolates?" Alya asked in disarray.

   Marinette looked down fixing her stare to the wooden floors of the tidy classroom. She shovelled her hand into her deep, jean pocket, feeling for the box of chocolates. Surely, it was there. Tightly concealed and in a rectangular shape. She sighed as she laid her sluggish head on her desk.

   "I was going to... But then snobby, rich kid stepped in." She exhaled in exasperation. "Then he had to go..."

   Marinette pouted her lips as her eyes narrowed. Alya sighed as she patted her on the back in encouragement and sympathy. 

   "Let's go, Marinette," Alya spoke as she placed her bag over her shoulder and grasped Marinette's hand.

   The two left as Marinette traipsed from the classroom and out onto the indoor balcony, towering over the school foyer. They both leant over the railing as they began to chat. Alya and Marinette watched over the large collections of students gathered in the hall as the atmosphere was brimmed with chatter.

   "Marinette, look," Alya spoke, pointing her finger to the corner of the room.

   There, stood Adrien and another blonde girl with long locks tied into pigtails. She held out her hands nervously as perched in her palms was a small, pink box with a red bow wrapped around the exterior; probably containing valentines chocolate. Adrien stood with an unfazed expression draped across his face. This kind of thing had probably been happening all day. Although they couldn't hear what words were being said, they knew it was a confession and a rejection. As the girl ran away, tears jerking at her eyes, Marinette shivered and clutched the raven-hair of her head in a tight grasp. 

   "Alya, I don't think I can do this!" She exclaimed.

   Marinette felt sick as she hurled over, clenching her stomach and her mouth, her eyes were tightly shut as she felt a sharp pain in her chest. Alya rubbed her back as she then began patting it, sighing heavily.

   "Marinette! You can do it, girl!" She encouraged, fabricating a fist in the air in determination.

   Marinette removed the hand from her mouth and gently placed it over the chocolates inside her pocket. She wanted to run away. Crawl into a hole where she'd fatefully never be seen again. But alas, there was nowhere to run and no hole to hide in. Marinette furrowed her brows and narrowed her eyes, standing up straight from her previous position. She clenched her fists and possessed a confident look.

   "Okay, I can do it!" Alya gave Marinette a smile as Marinette returned it. Then, she murmured quietly under breath so no one would hear. "Probably."

   Alya wrapped her arm around her neck tightly and dragged her down the hallway and the metal, sturdy staircase. By the time they were down on the tiled floor of the foyer, Adrien had already disappeared. Alya sighed in annoyance as she released her tight grip from around Marinette's neck.

   "Where'd that boy go off to?" She spoke quietly to herself as she scratched the back of her head.

   Marinette slowly and gently attempted to sneak off in the process. She anonymously made her way behind the staircase they'd just been down before bumping into someone passing by. Marinette stared up, startled, to find a tall, blond boy with emerald green eyes and a mixture of surprise and annoyance smothering his face. He looked down to see Marinette gazing up at him, her expression shyly hidden. He smiled, half forcing it.

   "Hey, Marinette. What's the rush?" He questioned, waving his hand.

   Marinette stumbled hand gestures as she searched behind her for Alya. Alya stood smirking at her, crossing her arms and staring in victory. Marinette glared, all confidence seeping as her legs began quivering.

   "U-uh, I-I... Uh..." She stuttered in the most humiliating way possible. 

   Marinette wanted to confess, and if she didn't do it then she may never have gotten the chance again.

   "I-I wanted to t-talk with you..." She claimed, cupping her hands and staring up at him with hope gleaming in her bluebell eyes.

   Adrien turned his gaze, facing the ground in guilt. He rubbed the back of his head as he shovelled one hand in his jean pocket.

   "Well, actually, I've gotta do something right now... Maybe later?" Adrien procrastinated, smiling cheesily.

   Marinette felt her heart shatter into a million pieces. She could detect the demur in his tone. She nodded slowly as she tilted her head and looked to the ground.

   "I'll see ya' 'round." He waved and then left, leaving Marinette in a state of depression.

   Alya darted towards Marinette, wrapping her arms around her. Marinette wanted to cry, she wanted to cry so bad. But the tears that threatened her eyes refused the seep. Her eyes were glassy as she wrapped her arms around Alya as well.

   "It's okay, girl. He's probably just really tired from a photoshoot or something. You'll get your chance again, don't worry!" Alya consoled, rubbing her back.

   Marinette clenched her fists, she refused to give in or give up. She was going to make sure Adrien knew how she felt.

🐞 🐱 🐞

   It was the end of the day, Adrien had left already without Marinette being able to confess. It was infuriating and irritating but there wasn't anything Marinette cold do. She sat outside the school on the concrete stairs leading to the entrance. Her head rested on the palm of her hand and cupped in the other hand was the small, lime box which contained the chocolates she'd made for Adrien. She cringed as she creased the box in her clenching hand. Tears formed and glazed over her eyes, creating a glassy cover. The surface of the box was stained with small droplets of salty tears. They came one after the other, nonstop. 

   Everyone had already left at that point, she was alone once again in a world of nightmares. She wanted to scream. So she did. Her mouth widened as she released a collection of keening screams and wails. But before Marinette knew it, all sorts of lament yowls began to chorus. She could hear the shrieking of civilians and immediately her Kwami, Tikki, flew into view. (She'd been told to leave Marinette alone until she'd calmed down).

   "Marinette, an akuma! You need to transform!" She ordered.

   Marinette demurred at first but hearing the constant cries of Paris ached her ears and gave her horrible thoughts. They might even be suffering more than her at that point. Marinette stood and dried her eyes with the sleeves of her jacket

   "Tikki, transform me!" 

   Immersing the bluenette in emitting rays of blinding light, Marinette was now no longer the feeble being she was before, she was now Ladybug, saviour of Paris. With or without a love in her life.

🐞 🐱 🐞

   "Miraculous Ladybug!" Ladybug yelped, throwing her lucky charm into the air as it dispersed and enveloped the city of Paris.

   Chat Noir watched in awe as he stepped beside her. He smirked as he gazed into her beautiful, mesmerising eyes. Ladybug narrowed her eyes in annoyance as she returned the stare.

   "So... Does the great Chat Noir, saviour of Paris and capturer of Ladybug's kind heart, receive any choclates on this fine valentines day?" He pondered, edging closer and closer to Ladybug.

   Ladybug paced further from the blond as she folded her arms and looked away.

   "If you must know, you don't." She sighed, an image of Adrien coming to mind.

   She wanted to cry again. But she refused to do so or show any weakness in front of Chat Noir. So instead, she closed her eyes and hoped her tears didn't find an opening. Chat Noir began pouting.

   "Aww, c'mon bugaboo." Chat grasped her shoulder as he spun her around to face him.

   He was going to pull a pun and leave but when her eyes jolted open and tears began streaming he froze. Ladybug broadened her gaze as she faced Chat Noir who had a concerned set of eyes inspecting her. She hastily wiped her eyes and frowned.

   "C-Chat! Don't do that!" Her eyes clenched shut once again. "I-I'm leaving, bye!"

   Ladybug turned and grasped her yo-yo, swinging it around a couple of times. She was immediately at a halt as Chat Noir took a hold of her thin wrist.

   "M'Lady, please, tell me what's wrong?!" He called, tightening his grip, never wanting to let go.

   Ladybug took note of the concern which lurked in his adolescent tone. Ladybug wanted to cry even more than before. She wanted to cry into Chat's shoulder and she wanted him to tell her everything was okay. So that's what she did. She nuzzeled her face into his chest and wrapped her arms around him. Her tears stained the leather material of his suit as wailed lamently. Chat was alarmed and shocked by his Lady's motions, but he didn't complain. He just enclosed his arms around her thin, short frame and listened to her soft weeps of sorrow.

   "It's going to be okay, Ladybug. But please, what's wrong? I'll listen to everything!" He hummed in quiet tones.

   Ladybug calmed with the soothing words of Chat Noir. She gently and slowly nodded her head as she leant back from Chat. Her cheeks were rosy as her eyes were gleaming with tears and a puffy red.

   "I wanted to confess today." Chat Noir widened his gaze as he wanted to cry now. "I spent all last night making chocolates until they finally worked out. But then, I kept blowing my chance whenever he came near me. I didn't even get to tell him." 

   Ladybug realised what she was rambling on about and quickly covered her mouth with her hand. Her eyes trailed from the ground up to Chat's face as she beadily stared at him. 

   "I-I mean..." She attempted to justify herself.

   Chat Noir curved the ends of his mouth into a smile as he ambled a little closer to Ladybug, placing his arms around her once again. 

   "I'm sure you'll get your chance soon enough." He smiled down at her as her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "But, if I may, M'Lady, could I possibly know the name of my rival?"

   Ladybug pulled out of his embrace and lurched a little back. Ladybug felt embarrassed just telling him the reason, now she had to tell him his name? She didn't exactly want to, but she owed him at least that much for listened to her. Ladybug slowly nodded.

   "His name is Adrien..." Chat Noir was shocked, surprised and bewildered all in one expression. "Adrien Agreste."

   Chat Noir was a little embarrassed himself now. The boy his Lady had a crush on was, in fact, his own alter-ego. His cheeks flushed red as his frame stiffened in that pose.

   "M'Lady." He spoke. "If you wish..."

   He paused for a second as he fingered the surface of his silver ring.

   "You can confess now." 

   Ladybug turned her gaze to Chat Noir. But instead of seeing the buoyant blond dressed in black, she saw Adrien. She covered her mouth in surprise. 

   "A-Adrien?!" She yelled in conclusion.

   He rubbed the back of his neck as he grinned at Ladybug. He stepped forward toward her as Ladybug turned a pure red and her body froze. Before Ladybug had a chance to speak another word, Adrien leant in and silenced her lips with a gentle kiss. Ladybug was stunned as Adrien moved his face away once again.

   "If I may, could I know your face as well?" Adrien slurred in a perky tone.

   Ladybug really didn't have a choice at that point. She released her mask as her clothing reverted back and her earrings changed to black again. Marinette steadily lifted her gaze to his beaming face, expecting him to be disappointed. But instead, he seemed overjoyed. He grinned even wider as he caressed Marinette's face.

   "I'm glad it was you." Adrien professed lovingly. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

🐞

🐱

🐞 

   Extra:

   Marinette walked into the classroom, in her hand a small bag with a pink bow wrapped around the brim. Alya, Adrien and Nino sat chatting at their desks, a fun-filled atmosphere clouding around them. Marinette paced up the wooden steps to her desk and sat down, placing her bag in the seat next to her. She placed the bag on the desk and grinned.

   "I've brought some leftover chocolate from the failed pile when making it the other night, who wants some?" Marinette began untying the string around it as she grinned. "It's not particularly failed, just the shape. It won't taste bad." She reassured.

   The three surrounding her grinned as they each individually took a solitary chocolate. As they placed it on their tongue the sweet sensation spread throughout their mouths. They all smiled simultaneously. 

   "Valentines chocolate?" Nino asked, unknowing.

   Marinette nodded as she took one for herself.

   "Oh, yeah. Who did you give them to?" Nino pried, narrowing his eyes in suspicion behind his thick-brimmed glasses.

   Marinette's cheeks lit up as she looked towards Alya for help. Instantly noticing her mischievous smirk she moved her gaze for Adrien. But he too had a devilish grin and narrowing eyes.

   Adrien smirked as Marinette blushed. "Yeah, Marinette, do tell." 

🐞

🐱

🐞

   /A/N/ I. AM. SO. SORRY. Please don't kill me. I'm so sorry I haven't posted in AGES but I've just had a big load of work to do and a whole lot of anime to watch. But, I hope you enjoyed this one-shot, I loved writing this, it was really fun and hope you enjoyed my little extra. Think of it as my apology gift to you. Once again, I apologise.

   Also, I just want to remind you all to not put the use of curse words in your comments, it's kind of unpleasant to see in this set of one-shots simply because this is Miraculous Ladybug, a children's program. I'm not saying that you are children I am saying that we must respect that the show is meant for children and smothering it with unpleasant comments is kind of... Unpleasant. Please listen to this plead, it's a real hassle having to deal with and I feel really guilty afterwards. 

   Anyways, thanks, you guys. I will try to get another one up shortly!! Bye bye!!

   ~ Jay

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

28.8K 842 31
Unconnected one-shots focusing on the Adrienette part of the square!
10.1K 374 20
The adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir!
403K 7.8K 29
These are basic One-Shots from the love square of Miraculous Ladybug. These One-Shots include: LadyNoir, Adrienette, MariChat, and Ladrien. Just so y...
254 7 4
Hey Ya'll, this is a series of oneshots to count down until Christmas! This will start on the 20th and go until the 25th! It will cover all four par...