Unfit to be a mother

By HannahOfTheInternet

Jenna Marks had it all--the reputation, the stupid best friend and the hot ex-boyfriend. Two and a half month... More

Warning:
Unfit to be a Mother: 1
Unfit to be a mother: 2
Unfit to be a Mother: 3
Unfit to be a Mother: 4
Unfit to be a Mother: 5
Unfit to be a Mother: 6
Unfit to be a Mother: 7
Unfit to be a Mother: 8
Unfit to be a Mother: 9
Unfit to be a Mother: 10
Unfit to be a Mother: 11
Unfit to be a Mother: 12
Unfit to be a Mother: 13
Unfit to be a Mother: 14
Unfit to be a Mother: 15
Unfit to be a Mother: 16
Unfit to be a Father: UTBAM Bonus Chapter!!!!
Unfit to be a Mother: 17
Unfit to be a Mother: 18 ~The Winter Ball~
Unfit to be a Mother: 19
Unfit to be a Mother: 20 ~A baby is born!~
Unfit to be a Mother: 22
Unfit to be a Mother: 23 ~Final Chapter~
Unfit to be a Mother: Epilogue
Unfit to be a Mother: Extras :)

Unfit to be a Mother: 21 ~Christmas~

9.9K 227 16
By HannahOfTheInternet

Chapter 21

            Fey was wailing again. Her cries filled the empty air. I pulled away from Dylan’s warm, naked chest and moved his arm from around my waist. I appreciated the fact that he slept shirtless. It kept things interesting.

            Sliding away from his warm body was shocking to mine. I yearned for him. I lifted Fey’s fragile, little body from the bassinet and held her close to my body. Her crying quieted slightly. I found her binky and stuck it in her mouth. She started sucking on it immediately.

            “Are you hungry, angel?” I cooed to her. Her eyes were closed again. I giggled to myself. I walked out into the hall and found my way down the steps. The light of the Christmas tree glowed in the corner. Dozens of presents were fanned out under it.

            I went into the kitchen, pulled out a clean bottle and formula. I added water and put in the correct amount of formula. While it was heating up in the microwave, I held Fey tight against me. I looked at the Christmas tree and checked the time. It was four in the morning. “Merry Christmas, Fey,” I whispered to my angel.

            Her gorgeous eyes were now open and wandering. Finally, her gaze settled on me. I smiled and kissed her forehead. Her skin was so soft. She stopped sucking on her binky, realizing that she wasn’t getting anything out of it. Fey squinted her eyes and opened her mouth, letting the binky fall. Her lips formed and ‘O’ and she was about to start crying again.

            I ran my hand over her tender head and pulled the bottle out of the microwave, testing it on my arm before I began feeding her. Choosing between breast feeding and bottle feeding had been a hard decision. I wanted to stay close to Fey and I knew that it was healthier for her, but I would have less than two months before I had to return to school. I wouldn’t be able to breast feed her while in school. Neither would her baby sitter.

            Okay, so maybe it hadn’t been too hard. I still wished I could bond with Fey. I sat on the couch for a few, clutching my baby and feeding her. She sucked on it happily and drifted off before she finished. I set the bottle on the coffee table, next to the empty glass of milk and plate of cookie crumbs. Yes, I put out cookies for Santa.

            I took my angel back upstairs and put her back in her bassinet. She’d be awake soon to have her diaper changed. That was Dylan’s specialty though. He enjoyed changing them, so I let him.

            I snuggled back under the covers, spooning Dylan. “Where’d you go, babe?” He mumbled sleepily, kissing my head.

            I sighed contently and held his arm securely around my waist. “Fey was hungry,” I told him. You would think he knew the answer since we did the same thing every night. We took turns between feeding and changing diapers. One night, I’d feed her and he’d change her. The next night, we’d change it up. Sometimes, Fey just wanted to be held or rocked. We constantly fought over whose turn it was for that. At times, we tried to work as partners, but it was in our nature to fight. It was something we did because we liked to do it. If we didn’t fight, we wouldn’t get along at all.

            “Oh,” was all he said in reply. His breath was hot on my neck. He started placing small kisses along my neck. “Merry Christmas, Jenna.”

            I twisted in his arms to face him. “Merry Christmas, Dylan,” and he pulled me in for a long, hot kiss. “I love you, big daddy.”

            “Love you too, little momma.” He pressed himself closer to me. There was virtually no space left between us. My heart beat quickened and from what I could feel under my hand, his heart was pounding too.

            “Just another week,” I murmured. It’d only been two weeks since I’d had Fey and Dylan and I were longing for each other. I needed his touch to wash away any doubts I had. I needed him to douse my burning desire. But I also needed to heal. I didn’t think I’d lust after Dylan so much when we finally had Fey, but having Fey made me need him more. For reasons I couldn’t explain.

            “I can’t wait that long,” He told me huskily, gripping my hips. He pressed his lips roughly against mine and kissed me with a raging passion. “I need you, Jenna.”

            “I—I can’t…” My mind said one thing, my body said another. I groaned. I pushed my hips up and arched my back. He groaned. I was panting. It was amazing—the effect that just being close to him had on me. His hands slid under the shirt I had stolen out of his bag. I was wearing it with super short boxers. He hand the shirt off in seconds.

            Dylan kissed me hungrily, pressing me a close to him as he could. His fingers started pulling at the waistband of my boxers. He looked at me questioningly, waiting for an answer. I bit my lip and nodded. He rolled us over so he was hovering over me. His kisses were aggressive and lust filled, though I could feel the love and passion behind it.

            I needed Dylan too, so I didn’t stop him when he pulled my boxers off, leaving me in only my panties. I hooked a finger in his boxers, which was the only article of clothing he wore, and tugged at them. I was desperate for him. I moaned as his hands roamed over my body touching me just right. I slid my hands over his muscular chest. I liked that he didn’t have super defined abs but that you could still feel the muscles underneath.

            He ground against me. I burned for him. “Dylan,” I groaned, “Just do it. Take me already!”

            “I wanted it to be special this time,” He told me.

            “Make it special next time,” I practically cried. “I need you now.”

            He nodded and quickly slid my panties off. His boxers came off next. His breath was warm against my neck. Our bodies came together—and Fey started crying.

            “Dammit!” I swore. He let out an exasperated sigh and got out of bed, slipped back into his boxers and took care of our daughter. I put my shirt back on and rolled over with a huff. All I wanted was to be with Dylan. I knew I couldn’t blame her, but I did.

            “I’m sorry, Jenna,” He whispered, rocking a now changed Fey to sleep.

            “It’s fine,” I replied in an equally low voice. “We don’t have protection anyway.” As much as I wanted Dylan, I didn’t want another baby just yet. I leaned back against the pillows and closed my eyes. “Love you, Dylan.”

            “Love you too, Jenna.” He kissed my forehead and went back to rocking Fey to sleep. I rolled so I was lying on my stomach and drifted back to sleep, wishing Fey hadn’t woken up.

*                                                           *                                                           *

            “Merry Christmas!” My father cried, flinging the door open.

            Fey immediately started crying. “Dad! We just got her back to sleep!” Literally fifteen minutes before, we had just gotten her back to sleep. I jumped up and walked over to my baby, painfully aware that my Dad was standing in the doorway and that I was wearing nothing under my shirt that only came to my mid-thigh. “We’ll be down in a few. Just give us time to get showered and dressed.” I picked her up and sat on the edge of my bed. “Out, daddy-poo. We’ll be down for breakfast.”

            “Whatever,” He grumbled.

            I looked at Dylan who was still sound asleep. I smacked his arm. “Wake up, big daddy. We’ve got a Christmas breakfast to attend. I need you to watch Fey while I shower.”

            “Okay,” He groaned, sitting up and taking an unhappy Fey from me.

            In the shower, I took my time. I loved my baby, but she kept me up all night. I guess all babies did that though. There was a lot of sexual tension left over from the night before. It was nice to have some alone time for once. I loved having Fey and Dylan though. They made me happy even if I was tired. Ah man, my thoughts weren’t making sense again.

            I had lost a lot of the weight I had gained during my pregnancy and I didn’t have to work to do it. I knew I should, but my belly went back to its almost flat state. I figured that once it got warmer out again, I’d run daily.

            I was happy to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes again. I walked into my room, wrapped in a towel, feeling Dylan’s gaze on me. I dressed shamelessly in front of him, slipping into skinny jeans and a sweatshirt quickly. I turned to him, smirking. “Like what you see?”

            “Definitely,” He replied. I took Fey from him and gave him a parting kiss.

            Downstairs, Dad was cooking something that looked suspiciously like bacon. I popped up beside him and kissed his cheek. “What you makin’ daddy-o?”

            “I figured we’d have bacon and eggs.”

            “Sweet, pig twice in one day. We are having a Christmas ham, right?”

            “Yup, Melanie is bringing it.”

            “Good, that woman knows how to treat a ham.” I smiled at him. “Sorry, Dad. Not that I don’t appreciate your cooking, but Liam’s mom does it better.”

            “I know,” He sighed. “Madeline and Arthur should be here in a few minutes and then we’ll open presents.”

            “Awesome,” I plopped down on the couch with my little baby. She was alert and looking around the room. I grinned at her. “You excited, Fey?” I tickled her tummy. She giggled and blew bubbles. “I wonder what the little baby got for Christmas. What did Santa Claus bring you, angel?” She just stared at me. I pouted at her, “Is my little girl not excited to see her momma? Does she prefer Grandma Maddie?” Fey yawned, her mouth forming a perfect ‘O’. “Fine,” I sighed, “I’ll just let you sleep little girl, but Grandma Maddie will be upset.”

            Dylan came down soon after and we decided to watch A Christmas Story. Oh, how I love that leg lamp. Madeline invited herself inside without any of us knowing until she came in, demanding the baby. Sometimes, I thought Madeline loved Fey more than Dylan or me. Then I realized, that wasn’t possible.

            Arthur followed his wife in, grumbling the whole way about how she shouldn’t be so rude and how she should let us take care of our own baby. “You’re spoiling her,” He insisted. “Do you want her to turn out like he did?”

            “Hey!” Dylan exclaim from beside me. “I didn’t turn out that bad.”

            I kissed his cheek. “He’s your father. He has to think the worse of you.”

            “Well, that’s mean.”

            “Ah, you know I love you.”

            We watched Madeline and Arthur battle it out, Arthur winning in the end. The way they fought was amusing. It was playful and completely serious. Dad split up their fight, agreeing that they should’ve raised Dylan better, which pissed him off to no end, and Dad sat us down at the table, saying we should eat first.

            My dad cooks good bacon. Eggs and toast too.

            “Presents!” Jeremy screamed like a three year old. He’d just gotten up. “What are you all doing? There are wrapped boxes under that tree that need to be opened! Get your asses up and over to the couch!”

            “Stop yelling! You’ll wake the baby!” Dad yelled back.

            “I don’t think that helps,” I told him.

            “Oh right.”

            Jeremy impatiently waited for us to finish eating, waking Fey up in the process. When she woke up, he decided that he was going to play with her. Play time ended in tears. From both of them.

            “My little boy,” Dad patted Jeremy’s back. He was still crying because the baby ‘kicked him in the face.’

            “My poor angel,” I cooed to Fey. “Did the mean boy torture you?”

            “Don’t coddle her! She’s a demon!”

            “No, she’s an angel.” I poked my baby’s tummy and handed her off to Madeline who waited eagerly to hold Fey once again. “Okay, let’s open presents.”

            Madeline and Arthur hadn’t bothered to set up their own tree and instead put all their presents under ours. It was more convenient for all of us. Having more than four people there was fun too. We all gathered around the tree. Dad passed out the presents to the person whose name was on the tag. We each got a few.

            Jeremy was the first to rip into his. He got a few trinkets and a guitar that he’d been begging for since he’d gotten home. I never knew my brother had an interest in music. I got a digital camera—‘for those special moments’ said Dad. I also got a new laptop, some new jeans, and a book.

            I was grateful though. It was better than the box of condoms Dad got for Dylan. When he unwrapped those he looked at my dad, winked and said, “These will come in handy.” It took Jeremy, Arthur and I to keep him from killing Dylan.

            I was tempted to kill Dylan myself. How could he say that? To my dad especially? No, that wasn’t something you said to the father of the girl you got pregnant unless you were suicidal. After that catastrophe was narrowly avoided, I laid down on the couch and buried my face into the plushy cushions. The couch smelled like D.O.G.

            When he finally came home after I got out of the hospital, he had been afraid of Fey. He’d sniffed the little baby hesitantly and he hadn’t been near her much since. I made sure to play with my dog daily because I didn’t want him to feel neglected.  He was my first baby anyway.

            D.O.G. came over to the couch and nudged my hand with his cold, wet nose. I turned to look at him. His big, blue eyes were gazing at me. I patted the couch and he climbed up. I hid my face in his warm fur instead. I petted the top of his head, between the ears. “I’m tired, boy.” He licked my face him response. “This ‘being a mom’ thing is hard. At least I only had to let you out a few times and feed you once or twice.”

            Dylan cleared his throat and poked my dog’s furry ass. “Hey buddy, she’s mine.”

            “Nope,” I muttered. “I choose the dog, he’s nicer to me.” Dylan pushed my dog off the couch. “Hey! D.O.G. attack!” He cocked his head slightly to the side and looked at me with a ‘what do you want me to do?’ face. Dylan took my dog’s spot and pulled me on top of him.

            “Hey, babe.” He greeted.

            “No, I don’t want to talk to you right now. I was snuggling with my puppy dog and you pushed him off.” I glowered at him. “Actually, where is the present you didn’t get me?”

            “You’ll get it later. Where’s my present?”

            “Was a daughter not enough?” I jutted my lower lip out in a pout.

            “No, that was a terrible present.”

            “Keep that in mind, because she was my birthday present later year.” I cocked an eyebrow.

            He blushed slightly, something I didn’t commonly see any guy do. “Very true.”

            “Yes,” I giggled. “I got you something, you’ll just have to wait to find out.” I winked at him. He chuckled under his breath. “I wonder when Liam is gonna be here.”

            Right on cue, the doorbell rang. I pushed Dylan off me and ran to answer it. Molly was standing at the door, jumping up and down. “I want to hold the baby!” She declared.

            “Sorry, Molly. You’re going to have to fight with Madeline over that one.”

            Molly pouted. “But she’s my grand-baby!”

            “Well, uh, no. Not really. Technically Madeline is her grandma.”

            “But she needs a second one!”

            “Molly, how about you… Yeah, I don’t know. Be her favorite great-aunt.”

            “I want her to call me Nana.”

            “Too bad.”

            “Fine,” Molly sighed and skirted around me into the house.

            I shook my head. That crazy old lady… I went out to help Melanie, Bill and Liam carry things in. It was nearly two in the afternoon. Luckily, Melanie had gotten up early to start it and was going to finish it at our house. I laughed as Liam nearly slipped on the ice.

            When we got back inside, Molly and Madeline were fighting over who got to hold Fey. I broke it up by saying, “Neither of you get to choose! She’s my baby, it’s my decision. Are we clear?” They both nodded and I snatched Fey up out of Madeline’s arms. “Are the crazy ladies scaring you, baby girl?” She blew bubbles in response. “I’ll take that as a yes,” and went to make her a bottle.

            Liam was sitting across the room from Dylan. They seemed to be having an intense staring match. I hugged Liam with my semi-free arm and said, “I’ve missed you honey-poo. It’s been bland with him here.”

            Liam chuckled, “Missed you too, Jenna-poo.”

            Dylan cleared his throat. “You don’t have to be so mean.”

            I stuck my tongue out at him. “I do it because I love you.” I turned back to my best friend. “Speaking of love, where is your girlfriend on this most joyous of days?”

            “She’ll be here later. She’s having an early dinner with her family before coming here.” He smiled sheepishly. “I can’t wait to give her her Christmas present. Oh! And here is yours.” He pulled out a small box.

            “Thank Liam, you didn’t have to…”

            “Yes I did, now open it.”

            “Okay, bossy.” I plopped down next to Dylan, being careful not to disturb Fey, who was sucking away on a bottle happily. I set the small box on my knee and pulled off the top. Nestled in the bottom of the box was a sterling silver charm bracelet. I pulled it out and laughed a little too loudly. I shot my best friend a look and a sarcastic smile. “Really?”

            “Oh yeah,” He burst of laughing.

            Dangling on the bracelet was half of a ‘best friend’ heart charm. There were a few other charms, like a little baby, an ice cream cone, and a slice of pie. “I love it,” I told him, “especially the pie charm. I love me some pie.” I had Dylan clasp it around my wrist. “I got you a gift too, Liam. It’s under the tree.”

            “Kay,” He wandered over to the tree and looked under it. He came back with a medium sized box. He tore off the wrapping paper, leaving it in a pile on the floor, and opened the box. First thing he pulled out was the fifty dollar gift card to Barnes and Noble. “Oh yeah, I’m liking this already.” Next thing was a pair of jeans. He laughed. In the box there was also a Thing 2 shirt and a shoe key chain. When he took out the keychain, he gave me a questioning look.

            I shrugged, “I figured you might need some new shoes since, uh, the Winter Ball.” I hoped I didn’t have to mention the fact that his standing so close to me that night had made warm puddles in his shoes. Just thinking about it made me uncomfortable.

            He snorted, “There’s only one shoe here.”

            “I thought there were two…” I muttered, completely zoning out for a moment. I wasn’t even aware that he was laughing at me.

            “It’s fine. I love you present, Jenna.”

            “You better. I sent a lot of time picking those things out.”

            He held up the red Thing 2 shirt. “I especially like this. Do you have the Thing 1 shirt?”

            “Damn right I do! Fey has one too.” All three of us had a good laugh over that. That nickname was going to be legendary.

            We messed around, played with our gifts and watched more Christmas specials for a few hours. By the time we were ready to eat dinner, Fey was fast asleep. Marissa made it just in time to say grace. After that was over and done with, we ate.

            Melanie is the best damn cook in the world. I’d happily be any food cooked by her. In fact, it’d be an honor.

            “Jenna, slow down. Take your time. Chew the food,” Marissa coached.

            “But it tastes so good,” I whined.

            “You don’t have the eating for two excuse anymore,” She reminded me.

            “I hate you so much right now.” I took her advice anyway, actually taking my time and chewing. Still, with eleven people eating, the food disappeared quickly. When we were all full, the only thing left was a blob of mashed potatoes and a slice of ham.

            “Goodbye, beloved food,” I whimpered as Dad took the last of it on his plate. “You will be missed.”

            Dylan rolled his eyes at me and Liam just shook his head. Just because I wasn’t pregnant didn’t mean my appetite was any better. I could eat a moose and still be hungry. I mean, I’d get fat but who cares? Food makes me happy.

            After clearing off the table and loading the dishwasher, we all gathered in the living room to have a nice, civilized chat. Molly, Melanie and Bill were the first to leave around ten. They were followed shortly by Liam and Marissa, who were having a sleep over of their own. Madeline and Arthur left next with Fey whom Madeline was ever so excited to have a night with. Dad and Jeremy went off to bed around eleven, leaving Dylan and I alone.

            I grinned at him. “I’m going to go get your present. Come up in ten minutes.”

            “Okay,” He gave me a parting kiss and I sprinted upstairs.

            Dylan’s ‘present’ was supposed to be funny. Remember in the hospital when he said, “Get some sexy lingerie and we’ll talk.” Well, I did just that. I pulled the bag out of the closet and shimmied out of my regular clothes. There wasn’t much to put on, honestly. It only took about five minutes to get ready.

            I sat on the bed staring at the wall. I should probably take more time to heal, but it would be torture for us both. Unless I planned on kicking him out of my bed, which I didn’t like the idea of, and took care of Fey on my own for a few nights. She would be too much if I was on my own though. I didn’t like the idea of not having Dylan around.

            He made it easier and he made me happy. Sure, we fought constantly but what couple didn’t. Were we even a couple or just two people brought together by a baby? I did love him but I had no label for us.

            Dylan pushed open the door and peeked in. I looked up at his entrance and smiled at his expression. He looked stunned and absolutely terrified.

            I stood up, “Like it?” I twirled in a circle. It was really just a strip of red silk over my breasts that had a gauzy dress-type thing going on. It stopping about mid-thigh and was completely see through. Under it, I wore red lace panties and nothing else. I waltzed up to him, grabbed the fabric of his shirt and pulled him into the room, shutting the door behind him. “Is that a yes or a no?”

            He swallowed. “You’re testing my control, Jenna.”

            “Nope.” I gestured to my body, “This is all yours for tonight. Are you going to turn it away?” I pouted.

            His eyes roamed over my body. “No…”

            “Good, but before you get to touch me, I get my present.” I winked at him before he could reach his hands out and touch me at all.

            “Okay,” He opened the door on my night stand and pulled out a long, thin jewelry box. “Here,” he held it out to me.

            I took it out of his hand, brushing a finger along the velvety case. I glanced up at him. He was focused on me. I opened the box and gasped. Inside was a golden heart necklace with small diamonds in it. “It’s gorgeous,” I told him. His lips twitched in a smile. “Put it on me?”

            He chuckled, “What’s the point if I’m just going to take it off you?”

            “But I want to wear it.”

            “Fine,” He slid closer to me and plucked the necklace out of its box. He drew it around my neck and clasped it together. “Do you like it?”

            “Yes,” I turned to face him. “Dylan, what are we?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “What would you label me as? I love you and you love me, but what are we?”

            He thought for a moment. “You are mine.”

            “Does that make you mine?”

            “Yes,” He answered, pulling me into his lap. “Do I get to cash in my present now?”

            “Yes,” I replied, pulling him close and kissing him. Mine.

lol. Nice long chapter. :D So, what'd you think?

My house smells like burnt pancakes >_< It's making me sick...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345 48 23
When Lisa Winters gets into a car accident, because of her fucked-up mother; her whole world flips upside down. When Lisa and Chase finally admit the...
1.8K 110 23
Amber's life is finally falling in the right place, after 2 devastating deaths of her mom and dad, being verbally and physically abused by her step-m...
920K 26.5K 45
**The timeline is from 2016 to May of 2018 & is a little messy** 16 year old Maisie has always been the quiet, invisible girl. Until Friday night, he...
168K 5.3K 16
" Were you ever going to tell me that you had the kid?" I might've changed my mind if I would've known you had her."Dylan said to me as if this whole...