Big Mistake

By Bookie1626

A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Coles POV
Chapter 3
Chapter 4: Coles POV
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7: Coles POV
Chapter 8: Connor's POV
Chapter 9
Chapter 10: Connor's POV
Chapter 11: Coles POV
Chapter 12
Chaprter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15: -----'s POV
Chapter 16: Connors POV
Chapter 17
Chapter 18: Coles POV
Chapter 19
Chapter 20:Cole's POV
Chapter 21: Connor's POV
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26: Cole's POV
Chapter 27
Chapter 28:Mike's POV
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: Cole's POV
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: Coles POV
Chapter 32: Connor's POV
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Cole's POV
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: Cole's POV
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41: Cole's POV
Chapter 42: Connor's POV
Chapter 43: Cole's POV
Chapter 44
Chapter 45: Cole's POV
Chapter 46
My Last Big Mistake Authors Note
Epilogue

Chapter 22: Connor's POV

15.3K 512 47
By Bookie1626

RECAP

[CONNOR'S POV]

I burst open the doors, to see the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She looks at me in awe and shock.

"Mate" we whisper in union.

I run to her with inhuman speed and hug her to me.

"What's your name gorgeous?" I ask.

"Eliza, but everyone calls me Ellie."

|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|^|

After everyone else left, me and Ellie remained in the hallway.

"I have something to tell you." she said rather nervously. I had an urge to put her at ease.

"Anything, you can tell me anything." I said trying to reassure her.

"It's about your sister.... And my pack... and her stalker." she must have noticed my confused expression because she explained further.

"And how they're working together."

[CONNOR'S POV]

"W-what?" I ask disoriented.

"My pack, my father, they've been helping her kidnapper. I have been against it from the beginning, but my father says it is for my packs safety. I do not know who, or where, he is ,the kidnapper. But, my father does." my beautiful mate explains, crying the whole time. "If you wish, you may reject me now and I will except." she bows her head in defeat.

Reject her? She really thinks I'm going to reject her? After years of waiting for her? It does hurt that her pack assisted in the kidnapping of my poor baby sister, but the sincerity on her eyes suggests that she had no willing part in it. I am not the slightest bit angry at her, but grateful. She put me and my family ,who she has never met, ahead of her own.

"I will never reject you. I am not angry with you. I am grateful towards you. Thank you, you may have just saved my sister. We need to go talk to my Alpha, though." I reply gently taking her head in my hands and placing a light peck on her lips.

She pulls back quickly, looks into my eyes with tears forming in her own, and hugs me, sobs wracking through her petite body.

"Sh, it's ok. Calm down sweetheart. I still love you. I'll always love you." I coo into her ear.

"L-l-love me?" she stutters.

She looks so cute when she does that. her eyes go wide and her lips quiver slightly, those plump, pink lips. I wonder what they would-

Back on topic Connor!

"Of course. You're my mate, the Moon Goddess and the fates picked us for each other for a reason. I plan on figuring that reason out."

Who the hell cares if that's some mushy crap. It's how I felt. Oh god, I met her not even an hour ago and I'm already soft.

She smiled up at me.
"I love you too."

Ok here comes some more of that mushy crap. As she said those simple three words, every crappy love song, chick flick and love letter I've ever seen ,heard, read, make sense. Even though she just met me she still loves me.

"Earth to Conner." Ellie giggles at me.

"Lets go see my Alpha." I say dazedly.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
TIME LAPSE

After at least forty five minutes, filled with a lot of make out sessions, we finally found Cole. He was sulking in his office, he's been doing that alot of that lately. At first I thought he was just doing it for show, you know just to seem like the loving caring mate his pack expected, but after the first few hours, it was clear that it wasn't.

"Come in." I hear his powerful voice call after I knock on the large oak doors of his office.

As we enter his face brightens slightly when he sees my mate and I.

"Yes?"

"Alpha," I respond, "we need to talk."

And so we do. We tell him everything that Ellie told me. His face face remains neutral through the whole story.

"There." I finish. Watching as he looks between my mate and I, repeating this process before resting on Ellie.

"You were not directly involved in this?" he asked neutrally. Though I could see the scrutiny in his eyes.

"No. I tried to distance myself without seeming like I was betraying them. My pack is very paranoid. I realize that you have no reason to trust me, I just want to help."

"You do realize that your father will be punished, correct?"

"Yes but I hope he will be willing and that you might be merciful to him and allow him to live. If not, I understand."

My mate was being so strong at the moment. Her father was at possible exile at the moment and she wasn't shedding a single tear.

"Depends in how much information he has and how much he willingly confides." Cole replied.

"Thank you." she bowed her head.

"Well then, lets go talk your father." He said, in a business like matter.

|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*
TIME LAPSE

It only took about an hour to find Ellie's dad, who I now know is named Jeffrey, and get him into interrogation, despite the protests of Ellie's mother, who I now know is named Debora.

Now we sit. Jeffery on one side of the table, Cole and I on the other.

After a while, Jeff (I decided to call him that) is the first to speak.

"Is anyone gonna tell me why the hell I'm here? I decide to help you find your Luna, and I am treated with disrespect."

"Heartless and deceiving men do not deserve respect." Cole stated through clenched teeth.

"I don't know wh-"

"You know pretty damn well what he's talking about, you dirty conniving little-"

"Conner!" Cole silences me, using his alpha voice. "Enough. Go find your mate, I can deal with this." he states firmly.

I have no choice but to oblige. So I leave criminal interrogation, which is the basement in the west wing cells, and made my way to my mate and I 's room. I know! We agreed to share a room at the meeting earlier. I almost squealed like a giddy school girl. Almost.

I walk in, the sight before me making me halt, wide eyed. There stands my mate, slightly moist, presumably from a shower, in nothing but a towel, again from the shower.

The towel is hugged tightly around her body, showing off every perfection of it. Her gorgeous blonde hair falls in soft, wet waves down her back, and she looks at me with wide, blue, doe eyes.

Just as I'm about to pounce on her, after about ten minutes of simply staring her, Coles voice fills my mind through the pack link.

' Hurry! Get all the weres old enough to fight, to come out front the pack house. We're going to get Charlie.'

'Fine......' I reply.

I groan out loud.

"They found out where Charlie is." I inform Ellie, frowning. "I have to go. I really just want to stay here with you like that or maybe even-"

My perverted sentence is cut off my my mate saying, "Not happening, bucko. Now go find your sister."

She pushes me out of the room.

-

So now here I am, standing outside the pack house with every available fighter, waiting for Cole to arrive.

"Lets go!" I hear a powerful voice cry.

I, along with the rest of the men and few women outside turn to see our Alpha standing there, looking determined.

'Where we going?' I asked him through our private mind link.

'Dark Raven pack. Shes just outside it, in their designated rogue area.' He tells me.

Every pack must have a designated rogue area, where rogues are free to camp with out being threatened. Ours is about five miles outside of our boundary.

As we speed through the forest, all that can be heard is the heavy foot fall of the wolves behind us.

The Dark Raven pack is only about an hour away, but we are speeding so we'll be there in twenty minutes tops, we've been traveling for twenty already.

Cole is about ten minutes ahead of us, he could probably have been there already but he knows that he'll need as much back up as possible.

We have no idea what we're going up against. It could be twenty men, it could be two hundred.

As I am wrapped up in my thoughts I barely noticed that everyone had stopped and that we had arrived.

The Dark Raven pack was already waiting.

I could see Coles eyes squinting as he and the other Alpha had a private mind link conversation. Alphas can do that.

Cole barks, letting the members of our pack that are here, know that we are ready to go, while nodding to the Dark Raven Alpha,implying that he would lead.

'Ten minutes away.' Cole tells me, before I can ask.

And we run.

We get there in about eight minutes, it was a small building, more like shed, surrounded with Charlie's scent, and two guard.

Sleeping guards.

Sleeping, male, werewolf guards, who also smelled like Charlie.

This was the equivalent of a very, very pissed Cole.

They might not have even touched her, not that Cole cares about that.

He killed them before they could even open their eyes. They were collapsed on a table, looking like they had been playing cards, their heads close together. Cole took this as invitation to take hold of both the men's heads, and crush them in a matter of seconds.

Quick and silent, just want this whole operation needed to be.

A small portion of us head into the shed, Cole and I at the front still in wolf form, while the rest of us enter the shack. We enter a small room, three rooms connected to it. Cole and I approach the door where Charlie's scent is most prominent and open it.

Stairs.

We climb down.

A door.

Strange sounds beyond door.

The room ahead appears to be sound proof, because the sounds are muffled and they shouldn't be (werewolf hearing), I turn the knob.

We had already shifted back and changed ,into the shorts that some of the wolves had tied to their leg just in case, because our wolves couldn't fit through the stair case.

As the door easily opens, I am struck with deja vú.

Pressed up against a wall is Charlie , being sucked on by.....

"Mike?" I asked bewildered. I am so completely baffled.

I'm frozen in my place with shock, although apparently Cole isn't having the same issues as me.

[A/N]

So, how many of you guys are still here?

I know you probably hate me, and you have good cause to, but how do you like the whole twist?

Yeah I know it took forever, and more than half of you have left me, but I really want to know what you think if the chapter.

Like it?
Love it?
Hate it?
No opinion?
Love the story, just hate me?
Hate the story just love me?

Love you for your patience.

Kisses

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.6K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
14.2K 155 26
ON HOLD, Hailey is a pretty average girl if she says so herself and she is and outcast she has a loving family but no one in the pack likes her unti...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.6K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
462K 16.6K 19
When your mate rejects you, five years is all you have to find your second chance or you die. When Lilly is rejected on her 17th birthday she makes t...