The Math Teacher // Luke Hemm...

By Bananashemmo

"I just don't understand why you're all drooling over him." "Maybe because he's fucking hot? But maybe you... More

Part 1: The Pilot
Part 2: The Truth
Part 3: The Detention
Part 4: Locked In
Part 5: Locked In Pt. 2
Part 6: Different
Part 7: The Math Camp
Part 8: The Math Camp Pt. 2
Part 9: The Kiss
Part 10: Caught
Part 11: Friday Night
Part 12: Coffee
Part 13: Sprained
Part 14: The Mall
Part 15: The Invitation
Part 16: Bali Pt. 1
Part 17: Bali Pt. 2
Part 18: Bali Pt. 3
Part 19: The New One
Part 20: The Party
Part 21: The Hangover
Part 22: The Dinner
Part 23: The Flowers
Part 24: The Argument
Part 25: The Prom
Part 26: The Chemistry Class
Part 27: The Jealousy
Part 28: The Vibe
Part 29: I Love You
Part 30: The Call
Part 31: The Shirt
Part 32: The Math Date
Part 33: The Fire
Part 34: Catch Fire
Part 35: What Are We?
Part 37: Halloween
Part 38: The Scare
Part 39: The Breakup
Part 40: Shy
Part 41: Iceland Pt. 1
Part 42: Iceland Pt. 2
Part 43: Iceland Pt. 3
Part 44: Iceland Pt. 4
Part 45: The Motel Pt. 1
Part 46: The Motel Pt. 2
Part 47: The Confession
Part 48: The Last Goodbye
Part 49: The Feeling of Comfort
Part 50: Happy Birthday, Beautiful
ANNOUNCEMENT

Part 36: The Last Class

14.1K 376 234
By Bananashemmo

"Shh everyone we gotta be quiet he's on his way now." Matty exclaimed in whisper yell as he went back into the class and made sure to turn off the lights. Everyone bent down behind their chairs right in the second, smiling around at each other in excitement.

Matty hurried towards your table and bent down next to you, accepting the balloon you had prepared for him while he was checking up.

The sound of keys knocking against the door made everyone hold their breath, watching as Luke walked into the dark classroom with furrowed eyebrows. Stopping in track by the suspiciousness and curtains rolled down he glanced over his shoulder towards the hallway before gazing back at the classroom.

"HAPPY LAST DAY MR. HEMMINGS!"

In unison every math student stood up from their tables from hiding, balloons flying everywhere along with people throwing serpentines at him.

Luke's mouth opened wide in shock by the sudden surprise, his brain barely multiplying what in the world was going on. The curtains were ripped open to show the sun, along with people pulling out small presents from their bags.

"What is- what is going on in here?" Luke questioned confused yet couldn't stop smiling. This was such a surprise and he definitely hadn't seen this coming.

"We decided that we didn't want to do math today since it's your last day. You're gonna open our presents, talk about stuff for fun and enjoy your last day with us. And you should honestly feel very honored because if this had been Mrs. Harris we would never have prepared anything."

Luke's lips parted slightly while Matty talked, his teeth digging into his bottom lip afterwards while his cheeks heated up. This was such a sweet gesture he never believed in a second that he was so favorited. Of course he had observed how the students enjoyed his company but this was out of his imagination.

"Well I actually have something for you as well." He announced and shrugged off his blazer, "Though it's not finished yet, it's down by the teacher's lounge. Ms. Y/L/N, Mr. McGarry would you mind coming down to the lounge to help me out? I need someone to help me carry."

Matty's eyebrow quivered by Luke's request and both widened the second you stood up with a huge smile. It was with a skeptical expression that he followed you and Luke down to the teacher's lounge, feeling the tension being much different than recently. Something had happened and he was craving to know.

"What do you need our help for?" You questioned and bit your lip. You did remember Luke asking for your help a few days ago but when he did you thought he was kidding.

"Yeah I'm wondering about the same thing." Matty chirped in.

Luke smiled in secret and opened the door to the teacher's lounge. Comparing to the fact that you and Matty had never been in here you guys hadn't expected that much. Compared to the rest of the school this place was indeed fancy with their own pool table and kitchen chief. Not to mention the four coffee machines standing in line by the windows.

"I have prepared two cakes for today." He said with a smirk on his face and walked into the kitchen. Your eyes widened the second you noticed the cakes and you looked up at him with a quivered eyebrow.

"You or your mother?" You questioned teasingly.

"That is not important." He replied and bumped his hip with yours and removed the foil from both cakes. "I have actually made them myself but with my mom on the speaker. She told me to wait with frosting and such because she said it wouldn't last without being in the fridge. So I've bought this weird thingy that I assume is whipped cream on bottle?"

"Yeah it is." Matty confirmed when Luke took the bottles from the shared fridge in the kitchen. Luke used his strength to shake the bottles to make sure it all was even before he gave one for you each. "I'm gonna make you decorate it while I try find some sprinkles. I want it to be as perfect as possible considering this is my last day with you."

"About that." You mumbled and watched Luke in the corner of your eye. "I have an idea."

Matty whipped his curls up to look at you suspiciously. "Y/N you know I don't like the sound of that."

"No I swear Matty it's not as crazy as it usually is." You admitted with wide eyes and tried to look at him seriously. "I've been thinking about something the last couple of days and I swear this idea is great and a benefit for the both of us."

"Spill the beans then." He requested while spraying whipped cream on the cake, starting out with the sides and creating what somehow looked like a pattern.

"After classes today we'll head down to the principal and talk to him about switching classes."

Matty pressed too harshly on the bottle by your words, whipped cream flying almost everywhere even into his hair. He looked at you somehow stunned, puzzled and curious at the same time.

"And how are we gonna do that? Is it even possible we have like three months left until we're done with senior year?"

"I don't know but it's worth the shot and I know you want to. I know that you loved having Luke as your teacher in math and I can't stand the thought of Meredith for the next three months classes. It's a win win situation for the both of us and if principal Frederick won't say yes I'll just slip a damn dollar on his desk and hope for the best-"

"Y/N you're not gonna bribe our principal isn't that too much just to change into another class? I mean neither do I want to spend my last math classes with Meredith but are you sure you can convince him?"

"I have my ways." You shrugged your shoulder and smiled when Luke came back with sprinkles in his hands.

"Woah they look rad." He commented happily but frowned by yours. "Expect yours Y/N it looks horrible."

Scoffing by his comment you fired the whipped cream bottle towards his direction, hitting him square in the face. Matty's jaw fell by your action yet you couldn't control the giggles escaping your lips.

"I was picturing your face." You grinned while Luke wiped away the cream from his face. Matty quivered an eyebrow by your interactions, a question lingering on his tongue but he waited a bit before saying anything.

"Of course you were." Luke looked at you daring before smashing leftover cream against your cheek, clearly mixing up with your foundation and ruining your contour.

"You did not." You warned with wide eyes, "Ass!"

"I'm sorry but did I leave the earth for a few days, visited Jupiter and then came back to a sudden new world?

Both you and Luke looked at Matty in unison to his questions while removing the whipped cream away from your faces with tissues. Your lips parted slightly while trying to come up with something and Luke scratched his hair almost nervously.

"I guess we're just back to being somehow friends." He commented causally but Matty didn't seem to buy it.

He looked down at you intensely to see some sort of hints, his eyebrows furrowing while he scanned your face. It was like he was reading your mind, using some sort of best friend teleportation to see what was actually going on because something must have happened to make you friends again. He had witnessed the hate lingering in your veins towards Luke for weeks and now it was all gone like it never had happened. And that was when;

"YOU GUYS HAD SEX!?"

His voice wasn't supposed to be as loud as he intended, though it was enough to make a few teachers sitting with their coffee look up from their work. Your cheeks blushed in a deep shade of red by Matty's question while he pulled on his shirt by the neck because of his almost embarrassing question.

"You guys had sex!?" He repeated in a whisper-yell, his eyes wide by the sudden realization. He could tell from your face that even if you wanted to deny his question it was true.

"No." Luke replied with furrowed eyebrows, but with such innocence in his tone he couldn't prevent the answer from sounding like a question.

"You did." Matty stated like it was obvious and crossed his arms. "When, where and how did this happen?"

You looked up at Luke with your shoulders shrugging, feeling your hands slightly touching, barely brushing. Butterflies appeared in your stomach by the simple touch and you had to almost cover your cheeks to not show your blushing state.

"Well it almost happened at the library." You admitted, not even wanting to lie about the story. Matty's eyes widened even more than before. "But that wasn't really the best place to do it so we headed back to Luke's apartment."

"And then what? You fucked each other into senseless and are now back together?" Matty didn't seem upset but neither understanding of what was going on. His vein on his neck was prominent because of his tensing shoulders and you could tell he had many other questions on his mind you had to deal with later.

"I wouldn't say we're back together." You stated nervously and looked up at Luke for approval. He nodded his head in agreement with pursed lips.

"Then what? You're redoing friends with benefits in the roles of Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis?"

"We don't know Matty okay. Everything is weird at the moment." You paused to look up at Luke while he was licking his lips, nodding his head slightly. Neither of you knew what was going on at the moment. One moment Luke wanted to take you against his desk the second you walked into his classroom and at another moment he wanted to sit and talk with you for hours, not about anything in particular but enjoying each other's company.

"Okay I think I'm just gonna pretend that none of this happened because everything confuses me. Should we head back with the cakes? I think we have a classroom filled with students waiting to celebrate the last day."

Both you and Luke nodded your head in unison by Matty's question. You grabbed the one you had decorated while Matty grabbed his, Luke filling his hands with sprinkles to cover them on top while you were heading back to the classroom.

"Oh my god is that cake?" One of the students exclaimed in excitement. Luke flashed a smile and nodded his head agreeing by the excitement, seeing as students were already lined up and ready to get a taste.

"I just wanna warn you I'm not the greatest baker so I can't promise it doesn't taste like feet. Though it shouldn't, I hope. Otherwise my roommate must be lying he took a piece of it earlier this morning before heading for football practice."

You smiled slightly when Luke's eyes met yours while speaking, the blush on his cheeks still lingering from Matty's question who had now taken a seat by your table. You headed towards him and sat on your chair, wanting to wait for everyone to get a piece before you did yourself.

"It's funny I didn't figure it out until now." Matty admitted while rolling a pencil between his fingers.

"What do you mean?" You questioned and leaned your chin on the palm of your hand.

"You have been different recently. Not in a bad way of course but I could sense something was up but I just assumed it would be stress from school. But now with that admission everything seems to make sense. You're much happier than you have been the past month."

Blushing lightly by his statement you leaned your head against his shoulder with a sigh, "I really really like him Matty. But I'm afraid something bad happens again. I just don't want to rush anything now. I feel like if we start all over things could get a lot worse."

"I understand you. Neither should you be worrying about your on and off relationship with your teacher when you could focus on exams instead."

His curls were sticking into your eyes the second he leaned his face against yours and you giggled slightly by the tickling annoying sensation.

"You never called me that night with Zoey either." You stated after a minute of silence and he furrowed his eyebrows at first but seconds later realized what day you were talking about.

"It happened that night?" He questioned a bit surprised and you nodded your head agreeing. "The second you hung up we knocked into each other at the library. Everything escalated that night. Did you buy her that star?"

"No, I didn't." He chuckled lightly and looked up at the line of people, "But I did buy her roses. And not in the yellow color like you warned. And she loved it. We spent the night eating at a fancy restaurant, headed home to my place and watched Netflix until the sunset."

"Sounds romantic." You smiled and moved your head up to stand up as well. Matty nodded his head agreeing and walked with you up to Luke's desk, finally getting the chance to taste the somehow miracle he had created.

"Sure I wanna do this?" You asked teasingly and Luke rolled his eyes by your words. "It's not gonna kill you."

"I hope not." You giggled when he gave you a plate, your hands brushing against each other. Matty rolled his eyes by the almost cheesy moment and grabbed a plate himself, going for the cake he had decorated. You smiled softly at Luke while waiting for Matty to get his, heading back to your tables and sat down.

"So I hope everyone enjoy the cake. Prompts to my mother." He whispered the last part and earned fits of giggles from the ones who heard. He loosened his tie and turned down the volume on his phone that was playing music in the speakers, the otherwise cozy moment somehow becoming serious.

"I really want to thank every single one of you. It has been such an amazing journey and I never honestly thought I would come this far. When I heard I wasn't going to teach at Norwest I literally thought everything would be a huge fail. But things changed when I started here and I think we've somehow developed. It's funny because even if I'm still a bit older than you I somehow feel differently connected than with Mrs. Harris. And I honestly hope you have been enjoying my classes because otherwise it must have been a waste of time. I'm currently preparing for my exam which will occur around the same time as yours. If I pass as the teachers around here predict I will officially become a teacher and start at a high school after the summer. Whether or not it will be this one I don't know for sure but who cares. You won't be here at that time, living new lives and experiencing new possibilities. I wish you all a really great future."

Luke raised the glass of soda in the air along with everyone in the classroom, a deep blush coming to his cheek while looking at everyone. He was definitely gonna miss this. It had been such an amazing journey to experience being in this class and now it was all over. He was going to take over the other class only for a short notice before the Senior year was over. It was definitely odd to think about.

"To Mr. Hemmings." Matty raised his glass in the air and looked down at you with a huge smile on his face.

"To Mr. Hemmings." Everyone said in unison and took a sip of the non-alcoholic liquid. It was a mix of both happiness and sadness clouding over the classroom.

"On another note, though." Luke spoke after a few chit chats and dusted his pants when he stood up from sitting on the desk. "I have an announcement from all the teachers at our school."

Everyone looked at each other interested not really expecting what was going to happen. A few had talked about a barbeque but that seemed almost impossible with every single student at your school.

"We have decided to throw a Halloween party for all Seniors at the school! Now before you start commenting about the fact that we aren't even in October yet, we are aware! We took a look at the schedule and we don't seem have time the next few weeks. So the party will be on Friday at 8pm!"

"Wait does that mean we have to dress up?" A student asked and Luke nodded his head agreeing.

"Of course it's a Halloween party! We require everyone to dress up from top to toe! Even a sheet over your head is acceptable but we want this party to be extraordinary. So don't be afraid to go all the way!"

"Will alcohol be served?" Another student asked and Luke wore a small smirk playing on his lips.

"This is probably the first time ever but we've hired a bar service," Luke paused to look over at your direction with a wink, "It's some of my very close friends who gladly wanted to help us along. Not only will we serve alcohol for you but us teachers will drink as well. So I mean it when I say prepare. Wouldn't want the teachers to be drunker than the students."

It was a mix of giggles, people already talking about what they were going to wear and pure excitement clouding. You were quite stunned by the sudden announcement and the same with Matty, his lips slightly parting.

"I hope they won't be stingy with the prices when it comes to beer and stuff. I'm lack on cash and I sure as hell know my mom and dad won't provide me with anything that has relation to alcohol."

You chuckled lightly by Matty's statement while standing up from your chair and packed your bag, "I don't think it will be a problem." You admitted with a smirk playing on your lips.

"What do you mean by that?" He questioned with furrowed eyebrows. He looked up from his bag to stare at you confused, his curls falling in front of his face.

"I think I've met these bar guys." You admitted and looked towards Luke's direction, seeing him already smile at you. "And if it's the ones I'm thinking about at the top of my head alcohol will be our least problem."

Matty looked you with an impressed expression while nodding his head slightly and swung his bag over his shoulder. "Sounds rad already. Ready to head for geography?

"Yeah just in a minute. I need to um say goodbye-" You paused and glance over at Luke shortly to make Matty understand what you were hinting at. "Oh I get it." Matty nodded his head and waved slightly before heading towards the door.

The second the last student headed out of the door Luke had you trapped between the blackboard and him, his hands running up and down your sides.

"What brings you here by the blackboard? Wishing to finish one of the last math examples before I leave?" His lips hovered over yours while he spoke, one of his hands coming up to go run through the strands of your hair.

"I thought I wanted to give my math teacher one last final goodbye before he leaves me." You answered back with a soft smile, running your fingers through his matted hair. It was amazing to see how much he had changed style since you first met. The always quiffed hair had turned into quite a mess. But it looked hot.

"Well what did you have in mind? Because I have a million papers over there that we could take some time to look at."

"I think I had a few other things on my mind." You hummed while buttoned down his dress shirt, something you had become very skilled at the past months. He smiled in delight and was ready to press his lips against yours but stopped the second the sound of the bell appeared.

Groaning slightly by the interruption he looked at you with a soft smile.

"Stopped by the bell huh? He whispered against your lips, his hands coming up to stop yours from buttoning down his dress shirt completely.

"What a buzz kill." You whispered back and moved away from completely, a teasing smile on your lips while you moved your bag over your shoulder.

"I'll see you on Friday?"

Luke was still frozen in his spot, staring at the blackboard in front of him. He licked his lips shortly before looking at your direction and turned around.

"Of course. Be sure to dress up." He reminded and took a seat down by his desk. You nodded your head agreeing even though he couldn't see you and headed over to open the door.

"Oh. And Luke?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you." You admitted and a curious expression came on his face.

"I have never been the one to like math but you somehow changed that. And not just because of the things going on between us. You gave me interest when I thought it wasn't possible."

He cracked a huge smile by your words and almost couldn't control the blush on his cheeks.

"I've also enjoyed having you in my class Y/N. Despite everything. You have been that student that almost every teacher wants to kill and fear. Yet you did it somehow so I was amused all the time. You are one of a kind. Both as girlfriend, ex-girlfriend and student. I'm the one saying thank you so I'm gonna do that. Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

396K 8.5K 102
Which a celebrity meets a girl in need of a real life, and they both decide to help each other. Meeting one person can completely change your whole l...
210K 3.1K 40
Amelia was Daniels little sister that no one knew about. Not even the why don't we boys knew of her. She gets into big trouble at school and was sent...
861K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1K 82 22
"Now why would I listen to Ms. Little goody two shoes here?" Yoongi says loudly to Jimin not trying to be discreet making you roll your eyes. "Look...