Arranged with Style.

By DayDrreamer_

H.S AU. Clover's Family have weird beliefs and a deep rooted culture that has weaved its traditions into thi... More

Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
A/N.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15
16
17.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23
24.
25.
26.
Reminder [NOT AN UPDATE]
27.
28.
Louis.
29.
30.
31
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
Robin. (NOT AN UPDATE)
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
TEAR.
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

18.

8.8K 310 155
By DayDrreamer_

I shifted along the relatively empty gym wall until my body was hidden behind a treadmill so I could see everyone but no one could see me and possibly make me actually do what you're supposed to at a gym, I simply did not want to work out and end up looking like a cow trying to run.
Just as I'd situated myself the doors of the gym burst open as a group of girls dressed in tight sports gear came waltzing in as they huddled close and looked around the gym.

"Are you sure he's here, Janet?" One of them whispered furiously whilst gazing around the large gym space in search of something.

"Yes! I saw his car, he's here, I swear!" A black haired beauty replied replied defensively whilst I watched on with interest wondering who they were possibly looking for as one of the brunettes stood on her tip toes trying to get a better view of the gym. I was too busy watching them to notice the young blonde man approaching me.

"Hi, can I help you?" He asked nicely making me jump and curse in my head but a sharp gasp dragged my attention away again to the group of girls.

"There he is! Oh my god, and whithout a shirt!" One squealed quietly, I followed her heart eyed gaze to see Harry stepping out of the changing room wearing some basketball shorts and his hair scraped back into a cute little man bun. I gulped. So that's who they were frantically searching for. Guess Harry's got himself a little fan club. Cute.
Trying to ignore the swooning and gushing happening beside me as the girls drooled and salivated over Harry, I answered the boy who looked about my age.

"Uh, I came with Harry actually. . " I trailed off awkwardly smiling at the blonde dude who immediately lit up at my words. I didn't know what else to say really apart from the truth, I mean I was dressed in jeans. I clearly wasn't here to work out.

"Well why didn't you say so! Come with me, come with me," He exclaimed nodding his head for me to follow him as he abruptly turned around and began walking away leaving me no choice but to follow him. I glanced back to look at the girls now silently eying me up clearly having heard my little statement. I huffed under my breath my cheeks reddening as I turned away, nervously tucking some pink ended hair behind my ear. I hated attention.

He led me over to the side of the large boxing ring in the middle of the gym where I could see Harry stood in the middle of, knocking his gloved hands together, eyebrows drawn together and jaw clenched tightly.

"Harry's just about to train, we're just waiting for his trainer. I'm Locke by the way. It's nice to meet you," Locke said, as we stood at the side of the ring where Harry ignored me professionally like he had been doing since we left.

I smiled sweetly at Locke. "It's nice to meet you too, I'm Clover."
He raised his eyebrows. "Like the flower?" I rolled my eyes slightly with a small chuckle.
"Sure."

My attention was then snapped by the entrance of a big burly man who had two dark sleeves of tattoos crawling up his large arms. His buzz cut and the tattoo on his neck made me squirm slightly as he stalked past us and ducked into the ring. He too was wearing some big red boxing gloves.

He muttered something before they both touched gloved fists and got into stance.
"What are they doing?" I asked Locke who was stood watching on eagerly beside me.

"Practice fight." I nodded my head in response watching as a small crowd had gathered to watch the fight. The group of gushing girls were crowded around and a few stragglers were watching on as well. Harry cracked his neck and rolled his shoulders before raising his fists and began bouncing on the tip of his toes. Eyes narrowed in concentration not looking at all bothered by the people watching him.

The first punch was thrown by his trainer which Harry dodged easily before refuting with his own hit which landed directly to the mans shoulder, knocking him backwards. The trainer bounced back quickly enough despite his stocky build which was no where near as lean as Harry's and landed a strong hit to Harry's firm chest a loud gasp escaping my lips unable to stop it. My cheeks reddened and I was thankful no one noticed my dramatic reaction but when I glanced back to the ring I saw Harry's green eyes momentarily leave his opponent and land on me, before bringing back his fist and delivering another strong hit.

The fight went on for a few minutes, the trainer looking more and more tired whilst Harry showed no signs of faltering and with one last punch to the side of the face the trainer collapsed against the ropes raising a hand in defeat. A smile smile graced my lips however Harry showed no signs of joy or anything to do with a smile. He just took the gloves off and climbed out of the ring, heading back to the changing rooms.

"Um, excuse me," I murmured before I hurried after Harry into the changing rooms not really thinking things through on why I was going after him and what his reaction would be. Stepping into the changing rooms I saw Harry sat on one of the benches, muscles tense and jaw tight.

"Um, that was- that was really cool," I murmured awkwardly swaying nervously on the balls of my feet. His intense gaze flitted from his interlocked hands to look at me where it rested silently and unmoving. My cheeks slowly began to redden as my shyness creeped out after a few seconds passed and he hadn't removed his heavy gaze.

He rolled his eyes slowly after a few moments.

"Shut the hell up." He spoke with irritation.

Well ouch.

He stood up, rolling his seemingly tense shoulders, cracked his knuckles and pulled out a simple black tee from his gym bag and slipped it over his head. Biceps enlarging as he did so whilst I gawked being the awkward little specimen that I happen to be. He then ignored my small unoffending being and exited through a separate door labelled with a do not enter sign in bold. I tilted my head in confusion wondering where he had gone when Locke came strolling through the double doors whistling a tune to himself.

"Uh, where's Harr-"

"That's his private training room, he only ever trains out the front when practicing or if it's a real match," Locke cut me off before I could even ask what I was going to ask. I nodded my head slowly comprehending the new
information.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you," he shivered shaking his head, his crystal blue eyes wide. "You'll regret it, flower." He spoke in a dramatically mystic voice whilst he walked backwards slowly.

I snorted.
"Thanks for the advice, but I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." I said giving him a thumbs up before I followed Harry into the private room, wondering if I was going to regret it like Locke had said. I didn't know where this spout of bravery came from but I was going to roll with it because it probably wouldn't last as me and bravery don't really fit into the same sentence.

Opening the door to step into the small gym I was surprised at the small space. There was a treadmill, a punching bag, and some bench presses. It was pretty neat.
I stepped into the room, the sound of the door closing gaining Harry's attention from where he was arranging weights on the bench press, presumably to lift. I saw anger flicker on his face before he muttered something under his breath and turned to walk towards me, jaw clenched tightly. He looked a hundred percent done with me.

"Um. ." I squeaked.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He growled, teeth gritted and eyebrows furrowed low over his darkened eyes. Slamming a abrupt hand on the door beside me making me yelp, "Can you not read the damn label? I'm sick of you trying to shove your nose where it's not wanted and following me around like a lost puppy. You think you've got me all figured out don't you princess?" A chuckle empty of any humour left his lips whilst my body trembled with fear of his large frame and intimidating anger. Flashes of how my father used to corner me like this playing before my eyes.
"Well think again. Now get the fuck out, before I do something you'll regret." He hissed, his voice low and a few octaves deeper than before. I gulped reaching behind me to grasp the doorknob and pull the door open before I hurried away, not casting a glance back as my eye brimmed with salty tears, my nose stinging with the effort to contain them.

I rushed away and out of the changing rooms, out of the gym, ignoring Locke as he tried to speak to me and finally out of the reception and the building as a whole. Only then did I breathe, and once I did, the tears began.

I didn't know what I was doing wrong? Why couldn't he see that all I wanted was to get along with him. Having never dealt with boys or male emotions or temperaments due to the lack of boyfriends in my life I had no clue how to go about these sorts of things, I was lost, defenceless and stuck in a situation where I couldn't just run and hide. Harry scared me, my hands were still shaking and knees trembling, as my tears ran, sobs threatening to break out but I refused to let them. Not in public anyway.

I just wanted to befriend him.

Was there something wrong with me?

With these depressing questions ringing through my mind I contemplated on how I was going to get home since Harry was my form of transport and I didn't have any money to catch a possible bus or taxi so I was gonna have to walk. If I got lost and died I was going to be coming back to haunt Harry.

I huffed wiping away my tears and ran walking.

*

It was now evening and a light drizzle had begun to rain down into the city of London counteracting the previous slight humid weather like a typical British day, and I still found myself walking, taking turns and crossing roads that I hoped would lead me somewhere I at least recognised. I was getting cold, I was starving having missed lunch and it was growing increasingly darker by the minute.

I sighed heavily, legs aching due to the amount of walking I had done, I was unsure of were I was and I had tried retracing the steps of the car to find Harry's apartment but I had failed miserably, upon the realisation that I couldn't find my way home I had been trying for the past two hours to go back to the gym however I couldn't find it. I had strayed too far and was now lost. I couldn't find my new home, and I couldn't find Harry either. I didn't want to call any of my family or friends due to the embarrassment I would have to face by telling them why I was out wandering around like a pathetic loser, I couldn't tell them that Harry was behaving in a insufferable manner toward me. It would be humiliating and it would also worry them unnecessarily.

Thunder rumbled in the distance before the light drizzle turned promptly into a heavy downpour which I knew would soak me in mere minutes without shelter. Looking around all I could see were pubs and a tattoo shop so I decided getting soaked was the better option. I cursed under my breath at the horrible British weather.

Three hours later

I shivered, my knees shaking and near buckling, my head was throbbing and black spots kept dotting my vision if I turned around too quickly. It was now completely dark, the rain had stopped however that made no difference to me since I was already completely drenched and frozen to the core, and too top it off, I was starving.

I had tried calling Harry multiple times however I got no response and my battery was on fifteen percent. So leaning against a abandoned bus stop I dialled Harry's number again.

And waited,
And waited,
And-,

"What?" I heard a low growl on the other end, my heart flipping as I flinched not expecting him to answer.

"H-Harry It's me, Clover. I-I know you're angry-"

"What part of leave me alone did you not fucking understand," He snarled making me whimper in fright Incase he hung up.

"N-no, Harry I'm lost . . And frightened," I murmured sadly into the phone unsure of weather he would even give a shit or not, I just hoped that golden light I had seen would resurface and he would come help me. I hated being the damsel in distress two nights in a row with Harry constantly coming to my rescue but I was desperate at the moment.

I heard him mutter angrily under his breath.

"God, how fucking stupid are you? Can't you even find your way home alone? Tell me what's around you, I guess I'm going to have to come get your pathetic ass now aren't I," He spat angrily into the phone making tears well in my eyes at the harsh belittling words he had tossed at me. Sucking in a breath I glanced at the pub behind me. God he was such a ass.

"I'm in t-the bus stop, opposite t-he Lions Pub. Thank you Harry," I breathed weakly, however all I got was a muttered curse and a annoyed grunt before he hung up. God, he really needed to work on his anger.

I didn't need to wait long before a loud honk made me yelp and jump in my spot as sharp headlights blinded me as I rushed over to the black car seeing Harry staring ahead with a fixed jaw and white knuckles. I quickly opened the door and slipped in shutting the door softy behind me. I hadn't even attempted to put my seatbelt on when Harry reversed roughly making me jolt forward, I then quickly leaned back and grabbed the seatbelt strapping myself in.

I was a wet, shivering mess as I stared out of the window contemplating things over in my head.

"I'm s-sorry," I whispered although my voice was choppy due to the teeth chattering. "For bothering you so much lately. . I guess I just wanted to get to know you, I thought maybe we could be friends," I murmured unable to eliminate the sadness from my voice as I spoke softly to Harry. The feeling of dejection overwhelming my every thought. I heard a scoff.

"I'm not someone you want to get to know, believe me princess." He hissed darkly, our eyes meeting as he took his cold eyes off the road. "So stay the fuck away from me." He enunciated firmly before turning back to the road leaving me to just wallow in shivers and sadness, feeling unbelievably small and intimidated by his tone and personality.

It wasn't a long ride however it felt like the longest one I've ever possibly had with the tense silence and Harry's unwavering glare at the road, his muscles tense so much that his large arms appeared larger at the bicep area and his teeth looked as if they could crack under the firm pressure of his jaw.

I ungracefully climbed out of the black car just glad that he hadn't decided to bring his bike, I most certainly did not feel like wrapping my arms around his torso after today.

We headed inside silently and towards Harry's or now our apartment, him slamming the door shut loudly behind us making me flinch. My head was still spinning with hunger and exhaustion however my clothes were wet so the first thing I did was had a shower. Once that was done I headed into the kitchen ready to prepare myself a quick dinner before I flopped over with the lack of food in my stomach.

"Harry," I dared to call as he stalked through the kitchen making him stop in his tracks as he turned his ice cold glare to me. He raised a single brow in question looking highly disgruntled. "Have you had dinner?" I asked softly, irritated with myself at my inability to stop caring about people and stop being nice no matter how they treated me.

He gave me a curt shake of his head indicating a 'no' before he exited making me sigh as I began to chop some onion.

Why am I so damn nice? I wish I was like Silver who would give Harry hell right back, but I just wasn't. It wasn't in my nature to start or participate in conflict, I tried to avoid it. I could defend myself if it came down to it--maybe-- but when nasty words and attitude was thrown at me I tended to not throw it back. I was optimistic that everyone had a soft side and with enough kindness it could be reached. Although after my experience with my father you'd think I would think the complete opposite however I just. . Didn't. For some reason. It made me look weak and pathetic as Harry had eloquently told me, but I wasn't, I was just too nice with a too big heart which was in danger of being crushed under Harry's boot at the minute. 

A/N: you likey? Harry's such a asshole right.
It would be so rad if someone could make a wolf Harry cover for me for a possible future story. The title would be Tear.  X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...