Who Said girls Couldn't Play...

By herecomesdree

Delilah. A beautiful girl who just so happens to play football. She's a junior in high school and 16 almost 1... More

Chapter 1
copy rights
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: tryouts and troubles
Thanks!!
Chapter 4: Tylers P.O.V
Chapter 5: leaving
Chapter 6: what?
Chapter 7: woah
Chapter8:it's like a bomb went off
Chapter: maybe
Chapter9: maybe it'll be ok
Chapter 10: hope
Chapter 10 Part Two: Things May Work
Chapter 10 part 3:piece of art
Chapter 10 part 4: Dress Shoping
Chapter 11: Surprise!!
Chapter 12: What?!?!
Chapter 13: Moving On And goodbyes
Chapter 14: Homecoming Game
Chapter 15: Homecoming Dance
Chapter 16: ER
Chapter 17:Good news?
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Workouts With Gage?
Chapter 20: My New Room
Chapter 22: Something New
Chapter 23: Practice, Practice, Game
Chapter 24: Almost There
Chapter 25:Do We Win?
Chapter 26:Party Like There's No Tomorrow.
Chapter 27: Friends?
Chapter 28: France planing
Chapter 29: Leaveing For France
Chapter 30: The Flight
Epilogue
SEQUEL and other books

Chapter 21: dolls, stuffed animals, and surprizes

4.1K 157 8
By herecomesdree

A/n I know you guys weren't expecting this many updates in such a short time but because you have all been so helpful and kind, you got another!!!
--------//-
"Hey- Gage? What are you doing here?" I ask not knowing why he's here and carrying the paint cans and brushes.

"I work for your dad" he says shrugging.

"I've got to help my mom pay the bills somehow." Gage says.

I raise an eyebrow at him, as if asking why head to help his mom.

"My dad left us."

I gasp partially in understanding and partially in surprise.

"I'm sorry, no one should have to go through that."

As I am saying this Gage is setting down the paints and things.

I glance  over at Angel and Ariel.

"I'm going to be right back." I say, know that they are having too much fun to care.

I walk over to my door and step outside my room. I wait for Gage. Gage comes out and says
'Hi'.

"Hey, where are you headed?"

"The kitchen."

"I'll walk you, you'll have to lead the way though."

"Okay,"

"Do you want to work out today? Your dad would let us use the gym."

"Sure." I say.

It's a pretty long walk with all of the stairs.

"Thanks for everything." I say when we turn into the hall that is attached to the kitchen.

"No problem" he says.

I smile, we reach the door and I give him a hug. I step back, smile and say, " I'll see you later"

"See you later" Gage replies smiling back at me.

I step back again and turn. As I walk back to my room I pass the game room. Two guys are siting in there. It's tom and Jer. Gosh this is crazy. How is everyone here. Okay, not everyone but why are there 3 people I know here.

I step inside the room and call out.

"Hey Jer, hey tom"

"Hey Delilah" they chorus.

"Do you work here too?" I ask.

"Yeah, we cook." Jer says.

"Just for fun, well and the money" tom adds.

"What are you doing?" I question them.

They get an evil smirk.

"Playing call of duty" tom says.

"The second one" Jer adds.

"Do you always do that?" I ask.

"What? Finishing each other's-" Tom starts.

"Sandwiches!" Jer interjects.

I giggle. "You guys are so strange" I say and then I laugh again.

"That-" Jer starts.

"We-" tom interrupts .

"Are." Jer finishes.

"I'll see you later." I say and laugh at the thought of them.

I walk up the stair and turn to the right, towards my room. The halls are decorated with pictures. Most of them are of Ariel. Until I turn the corner. Then all of the pictures are of A and me.

I slow down and look at all of them. Some I've seen but some I haven't, these bring tears to my eyes. They cause me pain.

I look away and speed walk the rest of the way to my room.

When I walk in both of the girls are asleep on my bed. I open my windows and the paint cans.
I move things away from the walls and I cover them. I'm starting with one wall, I tape it all up and get the roller and brush covered in the beautifully colored paint.

I start to paint the wall with a roller. I start in the bottom left corner. I pause and grab the chalk broad paint out of my bag and set it on the ground for later.

I start to paint the first wall again and turn on some music, I play it with my headphones, as to make sure I don't wake up Ariel and Angel.

In an hour the bottom half of the wall is done and Ariel wakes up.

She runs over to me and tugs out a headphone. I look at her and raise an eyebrow in questioning. She jumps up and down.

"Can I help paint?" Ariel asks.

"Sure, hold on." I reply.

I grab a crappy shirt of mine and put it over her clothes to make sure she doesn't get them dirty.
Then I move the things off the second wall and tape it. I hand her a paint brush.

"Here," I say.

"You can paint this wall."

She jumps up in excitement and starts to paint.

"Just be careful." I warn.

I continue to paint but leave my head phones out. I glance over at Ariel every once and a while.

In another hour and a half the wall is finished.

I then start the third wall, moving things and taping the wall.

This wall I paint with a chalk board paint. I hear angel waking up and say,

"Hey sleepy head."

"Hey,"

"I'll paint this wall." Angel say pointing to the last wall. She starts to move things.

I Start with the top right corner of this wall.
Within the next two hours I'm done, Ariel's done with her wall, and angel has one fourth left.

I then take out the small piece of wood and get it attached to the wall. I paint the wood piece the same color as the other walls and then place 5 pieces of chalk on the wood.

"I'm done." Angel shouts, then she sighs.

I step back and spin around in a circle. Smile, because I did something. With my sisters, for the first time. Not just Ariel but A too.

I walk up to the wall and draw a big A.  It's time to move on. Forgive myself, forgive A, forgive my dad, forgive the other driver. I'll forgive everyone, but I'll never forget my sister A.
I never will.

Ariel runs up an hugs my leg. I kneel down and let her hug me. I start to cry. Tears rush down my already wet face. My breath becomes raged and I start to sob, not just cry but sob.

"Shhh, it's okay. I cry too, I missed you until today. But now we can play and I can not miss you. It's okay."
She lets go of me and wipes my tears away, runs to my desk and gets a tissue.

"Here," she says making a face

"Your make up is everywhere"

I laugh and wipe it all off.

"Thank you" I tell her.

------
A/n I cried writing that I won't lie. Love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 11.1K 39
Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she isn't popular and isn't really a big fan...
54.8K 1.5K 24
( completed in 2014) ( I wrote this when I was fourteen.. not my best work. plotting and writing is terrible just to warn you ) Peyton hasn't had the...
39.6K 905 24
Sadie Brown and Zack Williamson have been together for ten months. Sadie is kind, bubbly, and obviously faces struggles of her own, but is a generall...
20.7K 783 62
Delilah. A 21 Year old girl who has always had such a difficult life. With her mother passing away when she was younger and her father in prison, D...