When Heaven meets Hell

By AHBaig

Revenge is a bittersweet thing. It gives you immense satisfaction, but at the same time, it destroys you from... More

Credits.
When Heaven meets Hell ~ Part I
Chapter One.
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Author's Note.
When Darkness Calls ~ Part II
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Epilogue (Part I)
Epilogue (Part II) ;
Author's Note
Bonus-Manga/Comics from Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

135 20 3
By AHBaig

"What, no reaction?" The man grinned down at her, waiting for her to say something. When Joan stayed silent, staring up at him with a blank look his grin faltered, disappointment flashing in his eyes.

"Nothing?"'He said, grimacing. "Are you fucking kidding me? I told you the Devil sends a message and you just gape at me? Did you even hear what I said?"

"I heard you demon." Joan snapped, taking a few steps and listening to the crunch underneath her boots. The gallery lay in ruins, looking as though an earthquake had hit it. Dead bodies lay scattered around, either sliced in half or crushed beneath heavy chunks of the ceiling.

"Why don't you give me the message already and leave?" She said, crossing her arms and meeting the demon's gaze without wavering.

"What? You're not the least bit curious who I am?' The demon asked, lips twisting into a scowl. "The message can wait; I don't think you realize who you're talking to. If you did, you wouldn't be so unconcerned. I am–"
"Javier." A voice growled and at once, Avander appeared before Joan, shielding her from the demon. "What the hell are you doing here?"
"Thanks for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong Avander." The demon, Javier, said with a sigh, waving his hand. "Just when we were getting to know one another. What's this?" Javier watched as Heidi joined them, taking a stance beside Avander with a serious, mature look on her normally childish face.

"The Godling has decided to join us. What fun." He laughed, the sound echoing across the walls. "Avander, get Heidi away from here." Joan commanded, stepping away from the protective barrier he and Heidi had formed in front of her.

"Are you crazy?' Avander hissed. "This demon is not one you want to mess with. You can't handle him on your own. Heidi and I will take care of it."

"I don't think so." Javier said, wagging a finger. "I think lovely Joan here would prefer to deal with me on her own, after all I am the one who killed her parents."

Joan stiffened, her blood running cold. Something in her stirred, violently clawing on her insides. She stared at the demon, words barely leaving her mouth.

"You killed them?" Her voice came out as a hoarse whisper, as though she did not dare believe it.

This seemed to excite the demon. His maniacal grin grew wider. He chuckled darkly, relishing the tension in the air.

"You heard me." He said. "I was the demon with whose assistance Henry Colton killed your parents, upon Satan's orders of course. I would never for a piece of shit like him. I was the one who made your parents suffer in their last moments. I made them scream and beg for mercy."

Joan had stopped breathing, her body growing still. There was a shadow over her face as she just stood there, hair obscuring it from sight.

"Joan." Heidi spoke her name tentatively.
"Is this true Heidi?' Joan asked suddenly, her face still titled downwards. "Is he really the one?"
"I- yes, yes it is." Heidi admitted truthfully, despite her better judgment. She would not lie to Joan.
"Avander, take Heidi and go." She said her voice low but steely.
"Joan wait–" Avander started but when Joan looked up at him he fell silent. There was anger burring fiercely in her eyes.
"Don't argue with me." She growled. "Get Heidi to safety. I'll handle this bastard in the meantime. That's an order. "
"Joan, please you are letting yourself be influenced again." Heidi pleaded, reaching out to touch the other girl's arm. "Please don't engage him."
"I said don't argue!" Joan's voice had taken on a new tone, vibrating with fury. Avander saw what was happening and grabbed Heidi.

"I need to get you back to safety." He told her.

"But Joan–" Heidi started.
"I'll deal with her when I get back." Avander murmured, glancing at Joan. Already, he could see the faint traces of the dark aura beginning to form around her. "I have my orders. I need to make sure you stay safe." Both he and Heidi disappeared, leaving Joan glowering at the demon.

"Ahh, now that the distractions are out of the way and you and I are alone, we can get down to business." Javier said. He had barely finished his sentence when a slab of the cracked marble floor rose up and came flying at him. He blinked then lazily deflected it aside.

"What, you want a fight?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. In response, Joan sent a smaller section of the broken pillar hurtling in his direction. Javier ducked and avoided it easily.
"You aren't using your powers to the fullest yet." He noted, sensing Joan was employing her feeble human magic and trying to keep her mark under control.
"We'll have to change that." He grinned and lunged, swooping downwards and grabbing Joan by the neck, holding her up effortlessly.

"Do you want to know what happened in those last few moments?" He asked, making sure he did not squeeze her neck too tight. "Do you want to know how I killed them?"
Joan's palm glowed and she reached out, blasting Javier full in the face. It was enough for him to relinquish his grip on her and stumble back. As he pulled his hands away from his face, Joan saw it was whole and unharmed.

"Ouch, that almost hurt a little." He mocked, reaching to grab her again. Joan held up her hands and formed a thin shield but Javier broke through, grabbing her and forcing her onto her back, pinning her there and looming over. Joan lashed out, planting a hard kick in his stomach and between the legs, but the demon seemed unfazed.

"That won't work on me." He said, leaning closer until Joan could feel his rancid breath on her cheek, the stench of meat and blood making her gag.
"I was about to tell you how I killed your family. I tore them apart in the bloodiest ways imaginable,although after I was done I had to put them back together again,given that I was supposed to leave no trace. But I had the time of my life I tell you. I started with your mother first. She was completely helpless. Your father could only watch as I raped her. She wasn't much fun but I enjoyed ripping her insides out, plastering them all over the floor while she was still moving. They wouldn't let me eat her, but I was allowed to open her chest and gouge out her heart. It was sticky, squelchy and warm."

Joan screamed, her eyes darkening and the dark aura thickening, enveloping her completely. Javier released her and moved back, grinning.

"Yes, that's what I was waiting for." He laughed. "Unleash the mark's power. Get angry, let the hatred consume you!"

Joan got up, her pupil's constricted and hair whipping around as though caught in a storm. Purple energy crackled up her arm as she lunged at Javier, a volley of attacks raining down upon him. Javier ducked and dodged them, laughing manically and enjoying himself.

"Then came your father." He continued from where he had left off, as though recounting a delightful tale to a friend over tea. "He was so boring. He begged me to spare your mother and take his life instead. All it took was a jab in the heart and he was dead, holding his wife in his arms. He didn't even put up a fight, the coward."

Joan gave another furious howl, this time thrusting her glowing, electrified hand at Javier's shoulder. There was a flash of red and the demon clutched his shoulder in surprised, his hands quickly being stained red.
"Oh, you got me." He said his face bearing an expression of mild interest. Then the sinister grin returned. "How nice, I should repay the favor."

The nest minute, Joan was pinned to the wall with her arms over her head. Javier had moved faster than Joan could have reacted and now leaned forward once more, eyes darting hungrily all over.
"I'll kill you." Joan growled. "You will die."
"I don't think that's happening today." He murmured. "Damn, you really are a pretty one. Master did say I could have a small taste of you."

He leaned forward until his nose touched her neck. Joan struggled but he held on with his vice like grip. A forked tongue whipped out and trailed down the side, the skin burning where contact was made. Joan screamed, struggling harder and cursing her demon, her heels slamming into his chest again and again, but he seemed not to notice. He was too busy savoring the taste of her, eyes glittering ravenously.

"You do taste good." He chuckled. "No wonder Avander keeps–"

Before Javier could finish the sentence, he was thrown back and sent crashing past the few still standing columns. His back hit the floor and he shook his head, looking up to find Avander towering over him.

"She mine!" He roared, the air around him crackling with energy, eye narrowed in fury. He grabbed Javier by the back of his head and smashed his face into the floor. "Keep.Your.Fucking.Hands.Off.Her." He bit down on each word as Javier's face made contact with the floor repeatedly, not stopping when he heard the marble and concrete splinter and crack. With another furious, animal like roar Avander lifted up the demon and drove his face one last time through the cracked floor, which gave away causing the demon to tumble down into to the storage area below.

Breathing hard and eyes still burning with newly discovered rage, Avander made his way towards Joan, his expression softening when he saw her on her knees and still reeling from what had happened. Dark energy still swarmed around her, indicating her mark was still active. Nevertheless, Avander bent down and gripped her shoulders, shaking her gently.

"You need to calm down." He told her, lifting up her chin so that he could look her in the eye as he spoke. "He's doing this on purpose. Calm down and let me take care of this bastard. Don't let Heidi's efforts be in vain."

Joan's breathing was slow and ragged, eyes still shining with a thirst for blood. She appeared not to have heard Avander, for she did not respond at first. Gradually however the aura subsided, the shaking of her body stopping.
"I give you your orders Avander." Joan whispered, her voice still steely and fierce, the rage unwavering. She gripped his arm, looking his straight in the eye. "Kill him. I don't care what happens to my mark. Kill him."
"I'll kill him." Avander said after a pause. He got to his feet, turning around just as Javier clambered back from the whole in the middle of the hall, brushing away dust from his clothes. He was unhurt, however his face was slightly bruised even though his nonchalant attitude remained intact.
"Haven't you gotten stronger?" He mused. "Guess it must be the result of all those souls you've consumed. No matter, I'll still kill you."
Avander smirked; smoke spiraling and manifesting around his hand.

"You're welcome to try."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 87 21
"This is my game, you think you can beat me at my game?" he questions as he strides towards me, his eyes dark and piercing enough to kill me. "Divine...
172K 2.8K 16
This would have been a love story where an angel finds his true love - the angel of death- and helps her defeat the darkness growing inside of her; l...
12.5K 677 19
After being forced into following her mother's footsteps and mate the alpha because her parent's were brutally murdered, Jennifer finds a way to rega...
51.5K 1.4K 23
Rosé All her life, she was mistreated. She was hurt many times but she never fails to smile. She had her ups and downs. She was a small petite girl a...