Love Doesn't Lie (A Dramione...

By MissDaisyCrown

The Wizarding War had been won and professor McGonagall had filled the position of Headmistress of Hogwarts... More

After the Wizarding War
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Quick A/N
Chapter 78
The End

Chapter 45

22.7K 741 36
By MissDaisyCrown

Hermione was seated on her chair, because Draco had told her that he hadn’t been sitting there when she was away. She had grabbed the cloak and sat down, looking at the past Draco who was seated on his chair. He looked so sad and that made Hermione want to give him a tight hug and tell him that everything would be okay. But she knew she couldn’t. She had watched him for days when he was in the common room. Looking at the fire or just staring at nothing in front of him. He hadn’t smiled one time, not one single time and that hurt Hermione.

Hermione took the cloak and walked slowly into the common room. Draco was still sleeping and she didn’t want to wake him as it was in the middle of the night. Then she saw the past Draco coming out of his room and walking towards the portrait hole. What is he going to do? Hermione softly followed him out of the common room into the corridor. He walked down the stairs and after a while they arrived at the Hospital Wing. Hermione frowned. Why would he do this to himself? I can see he loves me, why would he sit there staring at my unconscious body? Hurting himself every second a bit more? Hermione followed him into the Hospital Wing and he was already sitting at the bed.
‘Mione it’s not fun around here without you.’ Draco said.
‘Please wake up Mione.’ Draco said softly kissing Hermione’s hand that he was holding.
‘I need you.’ Draco sighed.
‘I’m begging you, please wake up Hermione, I can’t lose you.’ Draco said.
‘Draco?’ Luna asked out of the nowhere.
Hermione turned around at the same time the past Draco did and saw it was Luna. She looked at Draco, who had already turned back to the bed.
‘Hi Luna.’ Draco said.
‘Why are you still here so late?’ Luna asked.
‘I can ask you the same thing.’ Draco said.
‘I couldn’t sleep.’ Luna said.
‘No wandering around the castle at nights.’ Draco said.
Luna smiled and sat down in the other chair next to Hermione’s bed.
‘She looks peaceful, doesn’t she?’ Luna said with her dreamy voice looking at Hermione.
Draco nodded.
‘I like her more when she’s awake.’ Draco said.
Hermione looked down at him and bit her lip while Luna looked up at him.
‘So what are you doing here?’ Luna asked.
‘I couldn’t sleep either.’ Draco said.
‘Are you doing this every night?’ Luna asked.
‘What?’ Draco asked.
‘Coming here when you can’t sleep?’ Luna asked.
‘Yes, most of the times I do.’ Draco said.
That explains the footsteps.
‘Why?’ Luna asked.
‘Because I’ve got nightmares the last nights, horrible nightmares where something happens to Hermione and then I have to make sure she’s all right, that she’s still laying here, alive.’ Draco explained.
Luna nodded understanding. Luna stayed there for thirty minutes and then she stood up.
‘I’m going back to bed.’ Luna said.
‘Okay good night.’ Draco said.
‘Don’t worry she’ll wake up, I know it for sure.’ Luna said with a smile.
Draco nodded.
‘You only have to believe it.’ Luna said.
‘And I can tell you don’t really believe it, don’t lose faith Draco, it will be all right.’ Luna said patting him on the back and then she left Draco alone with Hermione.

Draco opened his eyes and it was still completely dark in the room. He moved his arm over to the place where Hermione laid, out of habit, and did found her body. He lifted his head up and saw she was gone. Draco looked around the room, but didn’t see her. He got out of bed, walking towards the bathroom and she wasn’t there either. Where did she go? He just wanted to open the door when it was banged against his head.
‘OUCH!’ He said placing his hand over his forehead.
‘I’m so sorry.’ Hermione chuckled as she closed the door behind her, pulling the cloak off of her.
‘Where were you?’ Draco asked.
‘In the Hospital Wing.’
‘Hospital Wing?’
Hermione nodded.
‘Why?’
‘Because I saw the past you sneak out of his door and I wanted to know where he was going.’ Hermione said.
‘Why?’ Hermione asked.
‘What why?’ Draco asked sitting down on the bed.
‘Why did you ask?’
‘Because I was worried.’ Draco said.
‘I can take care of myself.’ Hermione said.
Draco laughed.
‘I know.’ He said.

‘Hermione, wake up.’ Draco said shrugging her shoulder.
‘Mione, come on, we have to go.’ Draco told her.
Hermione opened her eyes and blinked.
‘Why?’ She asked yawning.
‘Come on.’ He said.
Hermione got out of bed and Draco grabbed her wrist and pulled her after him. Before they left the common room he pulled the cloak around the two of them and they made their way towards the Hospital Wing.
‘What’s going to happen?’ Hermione asked.
‘You’ll see.’ Draco told her.
Just when they passed the corner they saw Ginny opening the door of the Hospital Wing and they slipped in after her. Hermione saw Draco sleeping next to the past Hermione’s bed and Ginny stopped next to him, shaking his arm.
‘Draco?’ Ginny said.
‘Draco? Wake up.’
Draco opened his eyes and saw Ginny standing next to him.
‘Are you okay?’ She asked.
Draco lifted his head up and looked around.
‘Yes.’ Draco said.
‘You don’t look okay.’ Ginny said worried.
‘Can I do anything for you?’ Ginny asked.
Draco shook his head.
‘Ginny?’ Draco asked after a moment of silence.
‘Yeah?’ Ginny asked.
‘How do you do that?’ Draco asked.
‘How do I do what?’ She asked.
‘Being so calm in this situation?’ Draco asked.
Ginny got a small smile on her face.
‘You know Draco, I’m not really calm, I’m just acting calm so that others won’t panic and also stay calm.’ Ginny said.
‘Believe me if I let myself, I would be crying a lot and I would’ve lost hope a long time ago, but I’m not letting myself, so it won’t happen.’ Ginny said.
‘Sometimes you have to be strong for others.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded.
‘You’re a great friend.’ Draco said.
Ginny smiled.
‘Thanks, you too.’ She said smiling.
Draco gave her a smile.
‘Are you coming with me?’ Ginny asked.
‘No I think I’m staying here.’ Draco said.
‘Okay I’ll see you later then, take care.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded and Ginny walked away. Draco looked at Hermione and sighed.
‘We would go to Hogsmeade together.’ Draco said softly.
‘Please wake up.’ Draco begged and he kissed Hermione’s hand.
Then Hermione saw the past Hermione’s hand move slightly. The past Draco fast looked up at Hermione’s face and saw her eyelids moving just a little bit. Then Hermione slowly opened her eyes. Draco got a big smile on his face and he squeezed in Hermione’s hand.
‘Good morning sleepyhead.’ Draco said smiling.
Hermione frowned her eyebrows and she looked down.
Hermione looked up at Draco with a small smile and saw Draco smile a little, but that didn’t last long.
‘What’s wrong?’ Hermione whispered.
‘Just watch.’ Draco told her.
‘Wha-’ The past Hermione started softly.
‘You’re in the Hospital Wing because Pansy used a spell on you and you fell backwards.’ Draco said.
‘Don’t worry I’m with you.’ Draco said.
‘Malfoy?’ Hermione said.
‘Yes it’s me.’ Draco said smiling.
‘Let go of me!’ Hermione said pulling her hand back.
Hermione bit her lip, she gave Draco a quick glance and saw his face screwed up in pain.
‘Wha-what?’ The past Draco asked confused.
‘Malfoy what the heck are you doing here?’ Hermione asked coldly.
‘Hermione?’ Draco said confused.
‘Since when do you call me by my surname?’ Hermione asked confused.
‘Is everything okay over here?’ Madam Pomfrey asked looking at Draco and then at Hermione.
‘Oh my, you’re awake, that is great.’ Madam Pomfrey said smiling.
‘Madam Pomfrey can you maybe get Malfoy away from me?’ Hermione asked.
Madam Pomfrey looked confused.
‘Mister Malfoy can you please wait outside?’ Madam Pomfrey asked politely.
‘Yes, but is there something wrong?’ Draco asked.
‘Please wait outside.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
Draco stood up and walked away and Madam Pomfrey closed the curtains. Draco wrote a note with the things that were standing on a table in the Hospital Wing and enchanted it so it would go to Ginny. He let it go and it flew away. After a few minutes Ginny, Harry and Ron were standing in the Hospital Wing heavily panting, trying to catch their breaths.
‘She’s awake?’ Ginny asked.
‘Yes, but she was acting really strange.’ Draco said.
‘What do you mean?’ Harry asked confused.
‘She wanted me to go away and she named me by my last name.’ Draco said frowning.
‘Well who wants you around them? I don’t blame her.’ Ron asked.
Ginny punched her brother on his arm and gave him a deadly glare.
‘That’s strange indeed.’ Harry said who choose to ignore his best friend.
‘Hmm.’ Draco said.
‘But she woke up right?’ Ginny asked.
Draco nodded.
‘That’s a good thing.’ Ginny said smiling.
Draco smiled and nodded.
‘And maybe she is just a bit weird because of the long sleep.’ Ginny said.
‘That’s a possibility.’ Draco said.
Then the doors opened again and Professor McGonagall walked in.
‘I heard Miss Granger woke up.’ She said smiling.
Draco looked at Harry and he nodded.
‘That’s wonderful.’ She said coming towards the four of them.
They all nodded and then the curtains opened and Madam Pomfrey came out closing them behind her. She turned around and looked at the five faces that were now staring at her.
‘Is she okay?’ Draco asked.
‘She’s awake, but there is something wrong.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘What is wrong?’ Draco asked.
‘I know you’re not going to like this, but she has amnesia.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘SHE HAS WHAT?’ Draco asked.
‘Amnesia.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘What do you mean with that she doesn’t remember who she is?’ Draco asked.
‘Oh no, she knows who she is and as you noticed she knows who you are.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘But what did she forget then?’ Draco asked.
Madam Pomfrey looked down and then back up.
‘She remembers until the point that you were hunting Horcruxes .’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘She what?’ Draco asked.
‘So she doesn’t remember that we are together….’ Draco said softly.
‘I’m so sorry Draco.’ Ginny said.
‘What now?’ Draco asked.
‘I’m sorry Mister Malfoy, but you can’t change it.’ Madam Pomfrey.
‘You need to wait until she gets her memory back.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘How long will take that?’ Draco asked.
‘That can be a week, months, years or maybe never.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
Hermione felt her stomach drop and then Draco wrapped his arm around her shoulder, as he had noticed that this wasn’t easy for her either.
‘But does she remember the end of the Wizarding War?’ Harry asked.
Madam Pomfrey shook her head.
‘What! Just until the point of hunting the Horcruxes?’ Ron asked.
‘Yes unfortunately.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘But then she doesn’t know the Dark Lord is gone?’ Draco asked.
‘No.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘She was asking what she did here and if you guys were okay.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘Can we talk to her?’ Ginny asked.
‘Yes, but don’t push her to hard, it can end badly if you try to refresh her memory right now, she has just woken up.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
They nodded.
‘Oh and Mister Malfoy can you please stay here?’ Madam Pomfrey asked.
‘What why?’ Ginny asked.
‘He’s her boyfriend.’ She added.
‘Because one she asked if he could go away and two she doesn’t remember they are together and we don’t want to make it worse.’ Madam Pomfrey said.
‘It’s okay, just go.’ Draco said to Ginny.
Ginny doubted and then nodded slowly.
‘Shall I come to your common room after I’m done here?’ Ginny asked.
‘That would be nice.’ Draco said with a small smile.
Draco turned around and walked out of the Hospital Wing.
‘Draco, I-‘ Hermione started.
‘Don’t, this is not your fault.’ Draco whispered.

A/N:

Wow you guys are A-MA-ZING! Over 20,000 reads and over 290 votes! That’s awesome! Oh my goodness! That makes me feel proud, and trust me that doesn’t happen a lot :)
I'm really sorry that it took so long! I hope you'll enjoy this chapter and thanks for reading, voting, adding and commenting on the story :) it means a lot!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 2K 24
"It's warmer where you are and safer by your side." Four years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter are now happily engaged an...
2.9M 69.6K 55
Newly Headgirl Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her final year without Harry and Ron. She is eager for a stress free year but her happiness...
431 129 48
(COMPLETED) It's Mei Potter's second year at Hogwarts. She's a fourth year student in Gryffindor with her twin brother, Harry Potter, and his two bes...
132K 2.6K 33
The war is over, Hermione and Ron are happily together, going back to Hogwarts for their 7th year with their best friends, Harry, Ginny, Neville and...