Can't Escape

Autorstwa _zahrab

A stranger in my own home; all I wanted was to be left alone. Disputes, anger and physical abuse; all they w... Więcej

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Prologue

405 34 23
Autorstwa _zahrab

Everything around me was in audible. My eyes were closed as I felt incredibly weak to gather the strength to lift them up. I couldn't remember where I was or what had just happened and so I was confused. That didn't help due to the fact I had a pounding headache.
I groaned as I lifted my hand to place it onto my headscarf which was slowly making its way off my sore head. It was wet.

I breathed in the musky air which was thick until I began to cough extremely hard. A load of dust and smoke made it's way into my lungs. My heart began to hammer against my sore ribcage and I mustered up the strength to open my eyes.

Everything was a mess.

My eyes adjusted to the bright daylight outside and I realised I was suffocating in a tiny space. It didn't help make things better due to my claustrophobia, however that was not the main problem during that traumatic event.

I spun my head around and looked outside the smashed front window to realise that the car had crashed into a tree and landed on it's side after swivelling away from a stray animal in order to avoid the hill side.

Realisation then hit me.

I turned to my right to see my badly bruised Father, his top half of his body falling out the side of the battered car which had shattered windows.
I gasped as I tried to reach over to him and shake his leg however that only caused more pain to seize through my aching body.

"D...Dad" I croaked out after a few more coughs. The air was black as steam seeped it's way out of the car.

My eyes widened. My heart was racing and my body began to shake.

This was no time for a panic attack.

"Dad!" I cried, finally reaching over to his side and shaking him. He didn't move.

At that moment in time, I was extremely confused. I didn't know what to do as my body froze. I was never good in tough situations like that.

"Bismillah," I whispered as I slowly but quickly leant over to get to the back seats.

Adrenaline began pumping through me as I escaped my shocked trance that overtook my senses. I had to do something.

I couldn't get out of my side of the car due to the fact that it was lying against the ground. The air was getting heavier within seconds and I pushed forward towards the back door. I cried out in pain as my body ached. I hit the door with my hand yet it didn't budge.

"Hurry up!" I grit my teeth and hit it harder. It swung open with a creak and I staggered out of the car. My feet hit the ground and I stumbled a little in order to keep standing upright. I lay my hands on my knees and exhaled. In an instant I was tired and felt as if I couldn't go on but after pushing my pain to the back of my whirling mind, I hurled towards Dad, glass breaking underneath my shoes as I did so.

"Dad," I croaked out as I wrapped my arms around his torso and heaved him out of what remained as our family car.
Pain surged through my back and I grit my teeth, holding back my agonising screams. I tried my best to be careful with Dad's body, however his legs hit the ground with a thud.

My heart constricted as I breathed heavily. The whole scene was spinning in my head and I felt extremely weak but I was determined to save both my Father and I.

I gasped for air whilst I lay him on the cold hard ground only a few metres away from the car which was surrounded by black smoke. I didn't have the energy to pull him further down the long narrow road to reach safety.

"Dad," I said and I shook him. His whole face was painted with scars and blood whilst his clothes were seeping through with it.

I looked around for help yet there wasn't any human to provide us with any. The road was surrounded by trees with one side leading into a forest whilst the other side had the edge of a hill which lead down to more trees.

"DAD!" I cried as I shook him violently.

My heart was close to breaking through my chest and my vision became blurry with tears. I quickly rummaged through his pockets to grab out his phone to dial 999.

The phone didn't ring. No signal.

"DAD!" I yelled as I grabbed his shirt and shook him by the collars. "WAKE UP!"

I dialled 999 once again, yet it didn't go through. I screamed out before running back towards the car. I entered the hot, black smoke and coughed my way towards the boot.

My legs were aching and so was my upper back. My head was spinning as I grabbed onto the boot's handle. I held onto it for a few seconds before becoming alert once again. I couldn't give up.

Using the little strength I had within my self, I lifted up the boot door. The car was burning inside and sweat began to form on my forehead. It ran down my face until I realised it was a dark red. The liquid substance only made me further agitated and puzzled until I finally grasped onto what it was.
My breath hitched in my dry throat as I quickly wiped the blood away with the back of my hand. I was struggling to get any air into my clotted lungs and everything began to spin faster.

I was shaking as I finally spotted the first aid kit and grabbed it. My knees lost all hope as they fell onto the rough ground- my body too weak to hold me up any longer. I crawled towards my unconscious Father as fast as my knees could take me, however my sight was becoming blurrier as minutes went by and I couldn't tell where I was going.

"Dad!" I yelled as loud as I could manage. My hands which were bruised and scattered with scars hastily opened the box before grabbing out bandages.
I never knew what to actually do when situations which needed medical attention occurred. I breathed hard as I tried to gain full attention to what was actually happening.

My hands were shaking uncontrollably as I unwrapped the bandage and placed it around his damaged head. Within seconds the white bandage became a velvet red.

My head spun around to search for any life at all which could have helped. "SOMEONE?! PLEASE HELP?! ANYONE? HELP! HELP!" I screamed as hard as I could, however it was no use. I was only wasting my breath, energy and not to mention time which was running out.

I quickly looked down at my Dad again and wiped his face with the tissues before I undid the buttons of his torn shirt to discover a load of scars. I stifled back a sob as I wiped the blood away, however it seeped through. I tore my scarf off my head and placed it onto the wounds, holding it down as hard as I could. The wind ran through my hair whilst carrying the smoke from the car towards us. I coughed it away and shook my hands in the air.

"Dad?" I sobbed. "Can-can you hear me?"

I pursed my lips as I lowered my ear towards his chest. It was cold. It was quiet.

My hand let go of my scarf and I placed my shaky fingers onto his rough neck. To make sure I wasn't just thinking things I placed it onto his wrist.

Nothing.

My heart fell. My whole body became tense.

I couldn't think straight and didn't want to accept this fact. The horrid fact I had dread to actually take place my whole entire life.

"DAD!" I yelled at him full of anger and shook him violently. "STOP PLAYING GAMES AND WAKE UP! DAD!" I hit him on his chest. "STOP! GET UP! WE HAVEN'T GOT TIME TO WASTE! I TOLD YOU WE SHOULDN'T COME HERE! I DON'T NEED TO SEE THE CABIN - WE DON'T NEED A DAY OUT IN THE BLOODY-" I gasped for air which was also running out as it was getting contaminated within seconds. "LET'S GO- we-we can go home and relax? Th-that's what I wanted and you want me to-so-so..." Tears streamed down my dirty face. "I-I made...you can-"

I hit his arm and spluttered out a few chesty coughs. "DAD! Dad...Da-" I sobbed as I felt onto his cold, damp chest. "Please, please wake up, Dad."
I inhaled his cologne which was mixed with the wilderness and blood.
"...Don't leave me."

I squeezed my eyes shut as I struggled to breathe. My bloody hand reached for his rough hand and I held onto his thumb tightly just as I did when I was a child. I brung his hand to my lips before kissing it gently and holding it against my tear stained cheeks. My blurry eyes scanned his beaten and bruised face. There was no emotion as he lay lifeless on the ground. My free hand caressed his face slowly and pushed his hard hair which was dried up with blood out of his eyes. The blood had spread all over his head and I pursed my lips as I held his hand tighter.

My coughing and hacking made me turn back to the devastating sight of our car behind us. The car had a liquid substance dripping out at the bottom which ran across the uneven road. My eyes widened in alarm and adrenaline ran though me. We needed to move fast.

Within a second I was up, grabbing onto Dad's arm and dragging him away from the car. I staggered backwards as quick as my body could take me although my Father was slowing us down. I fell onto the ground and wrapped my arms under his back and over his chest before pulling backwards. I was on my knees and breathing incredibly hard. My eyes darted from Dad to the dripping liquid and with every second that passed I knew time was slipping away. I pulled harder and strained my already aching back. My jeans had ripped and the jagged ground began to tear my knees. I grit my teeth and heaved at his body. I looked down at him and tightened my grip on him before using all the strength I had in me to pull him only before looking up to see the liquid was violently gushing out of the car.

A loud bang was what I heard and bright colours flash in front of my eyes before I felt myself being harshly thrown backwards and crashing into a bone-cracking object. I lay on my front as darkness enveloped me.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.6M 71.9K 52
Just one slight mistake threw me into a world that knows nothing but crime, violence, betrayal, and death. Just one slight incident led me into the...
3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...
7.9K 301 38
Things just come and go. Things pass by so fast you don't stop to look at what's happening. That's until you start to realize what's happening isn't...
104K 4.7K 53
Book 1 of "His" Series Zaria have a stalker or maybe two? She always feels like two different person message her which makes her wonder if she is bei...