One in a Million - A Raura Fa...

By raurauslly_xo

Laura Marano is on her way for a photoshoot in London. Little does she know that the famous band R5 is also g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
#notachapter (:
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 22

5.2K 96 17
By raurauslly_xo

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating soon. I've just been really busy lately and I haven't had any time to go on Wattpad. But here I am!

This is a filler chapter! Sorry!

Chapter 22

Ross' POV

I stare at Laura. Waiting for the happiest moment of my life. Laura is going to wake up. I kept saying to myself. She's going to live. But I didn't want to jinx it. What if worst comes to worst and she doesn't wake up? Me, Riker, Rydel and Vanessa look at her than back at each other, what is with the awkward silence? 

"Hey, look!" Riker exclaimed pointing at Laura. She's opening her eyes! Her eyes slowly blink as she trys to adjust to everything. Oh my god, it's really happening. Laura is waking up! She slowly moves her head around, scanning the room. She lifted her hand up to her head and groans, it probably hurts. Remembering the nurse is still in the room, she grabs a folder and jots something  down on a paper. "Vanessa and ... Rydel" I  hear her beautiful voice, as I turn my attention back to Laura. The girls smile madly while squealing a little. Then she turns to me and Riker, confused. "We'll leave you two alone." they all said as everyone including the nurse headed out the door. 

"Wait! Where are you going?" she yells causing everyone to turn around. 

"We're letting you and Ross have some alone time, you know to catch up on stuff." Rydel explained.

"Ross? Who's Ross? You mean him? Isn't he the doctor? Isn't he going to get me painkillers or something?" Everyone turns with wide eyes starring back at me and Laura. She doesn't remember me. Why does my life have to be so difficult? She doesn't remember all the time we had together. 

"Wait, you can't remember Ross, but why can you remember them?" Riker asked pointing to the girls. "What can you remember?" 

"Well, the last thing I remember is going to prom with my boyfriend, Cody." 

"But I'm your boyfriend." I stated. 

The nurse walked in with the doctor. "I'm glad she's awake but I heard she has memory loss. We'll have to do a few tests and we'll let you know what's going to happen." The doctor said as he told us to leave the room.

I can't believe this. Finally Laura woke up and she can't even remember me. Why does this have to happen? 

 After a few tests, the doctor came to us with her results. "She does have memory loss. I wouldn't be surprised, especally with the amount of damage to her head. Clearly, she only remembers half of her life, so what she said is most likely true, she just can't remember the most recent part. So she probably remembers her family, school friends, childhood memories, you know, that kind of stuff. She can go home tomorrow. We're going to recommend she go see a special doctor that can help her try to remember her life, but for the moment she should go back to her normal daily routines." I sighed and looked back at everyone else. The doctor walked away to see his other patients. 

"I can't believe this." Riker was the first to speak. "I know" I added. Vanessa and Rydel didn't look as worried. Well why wouldn't they be? Laura still remembers them. Wait, why does she remember Rydel?

"How come Laura still remembers you?" I pointed at Rydel. "We met at the same time." I continued, looking at Riker as he nods his head in agreement.

"What do you mean? I met her at camp!" I frowned, remembering she met her long before we did. "Oh" Me and Riker both said in unison. 

"Oh" Rydel mockingly shakes her head. 

"I'm going to call Cody, maybe he can help her remember something." Vanessa reaches into her back pocket to pull out her phone. 

"Wait, why? You heard the doctor, he said she has to go back to her daily routines." She shrugs. 

"Fine, but i don't think she'll want to stay with you, she doesn't remember you." She snapped back,  walking into Laura's room. Why does it seem like she hates me? 

"Vanessa!" she hollered as we walked through the door. "Rydel!" they smiled back, gently giving her a hug. "So... when can I leave?" 

"Tomorrow." we all responded at the same time. In a matter of seconds, silence overcame throughout the whole room. We continue to awkwardly stare at each other, not knowing what to say or do.

We eventually left Laura to be with her sister. She may be the only person she really trusts and feels comfortable around. Hopefully Laura will give me a chance and try to remember me. She has the missing piece to complete my heart.

I got home and took a quick shower. I was planning to visit Laura one last time before she gets to leave the hospital. I climbed into my bed and turned of my lights. After a few minutes of tossing and turning, I turn on my phone and realize its only 6:30. God, I feel incredibly stupid. I can't think properly. After grabbing my guitar, a climbed back on my bed and started strumming. Soon enough, I began writing lyrics and chords. Time flied by and I fell asleep with my hands tightly gripped around my guitar.

I woke up the next morning with the guitar still in my arms. I must've fell asleep. I got out of bed and got dressed. Me, Riker and Rydel got ready as fast as we could and went to visit the Laura.

I jumped out the car and started heading over to the main entrance. We walked down a few hallways until we reached the entrance of her door. I hear a cute laugh coming from the other side of the room door. I slowly peak my head through and see Laura better as ever. She could laugh. Maybe she's still not as well as I said she was. But laughing is good for you. I looked further into the room as to where she was looking. I noticed Vanessa sitting on the chair and a brown haired boy in white t-shirt and jeans across from her. He was laughing with her. Actually she was laughing at something he said. I clenched my fists as I entered the room. She nodded her head at him as she let out soft giggles. She turned her head and finally noticed me, her smile dropped into a frown and looked over at Vanessa. She recieved a normal shrug and just turned away. 

How could she do this? Did she not want to see me... ever? After all we've been through, she's just gonna turn on me? I know it's not exactly like that, but really? "When's she allowed to leave?" I asked as I walked towards Vanessa. 

"I don't know Ross, the doctor hasn't come yet." she replied with a little attitude. 

"Who's this?" I turned back to Laura, pointing at the brown haired freak. I know that was kind of mean but I couldn't help it. 

"This is Cody." she introduced "And Cody this is..." She motions hand gestures, expecting me to answer for her. I can't believe this. She can't remember my name. 

"Ross" I finished her sentence in monotone. I really wasn't in the mood anymore. 

"So tonight, I'll come over and we can watch a movie or something." Cody asked as if they already planned on meeting up. "I need to head out but call me when you get out okay?" He added after heading for the door. I followed him out. He started walking towards the exit. Before he could, I grabbed his shoulder from behind.

"What do you want?" He asked in a frustrated tone as he spun around to face me.

"I want you to stop flirting with Laura. She's my girlfriend and mine only. I can tell by the way you look at her. You guys may have dated before but thats over, got it?" I said firmly and straight to the point.

"Look, I don't know who you are but you can't tell me what to do. We have dated in the past and nothings going to change that. This my chance to win her back, and you're not going to mess it up. Whatever happened between us is in the past and its none of you're buisness so stay out of it." He pointed his finger at me as he talked. When he finished talking, he walked out of the door with a big grin planted on his smug little face. I hate that guy already.

He seems like the bad boy type but not quite either. And they're meeting tonight, thats not good. He better not be trying to get her in bed with him.

I walked towards the door and I heard someone run up behind me and grab my shoulder. I turn around to see Rydel. "Where you going? What are you planning to do?" She asked in curiousity.

"I don't know yet. But one things for sure..."

She gave me a confused look.

"I need to make Laura fall in love with me again."

Well, thanks for reading! Sorry for the boring chapter, but as I said its a filler chapter. Thanks for reading! Vote! :)

xoxo,

Heather

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 2.2K 29
Laura Marano's been helping her friends get together with their crushes to become a couple. Then at the beginning of Senior Year, her best friend wa...
126K 3K 52
When Laura doesn't talk to the the Lynch kids and Ratliff because of an incident that happened while they were in Colorado, Laura changes. She goes o...
123K 2.3K 70
where the disney-turned-netflix star publicly shows interest in an instagram model. Truly, a modern romance. *SOME MATURE LANGUAGE AT TIMES, SO READ...
167K 4.2K 40
"He leaned in and slowly closed his eyes, his lips were now so close to mine, I could feel his warm breathe." It was at Laura's first R5 concert. Out...